OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://abc6onyourside.com/news/loca...-keep-public-safe-during-rhoden-investigation

As for the Rhoden case, the sheriff said the killer or killers are still out there. "But we are closer than ever to solving this. We have one chance to charge them and we are going to do it right."

It sounds like they are getting closer but can't charge yet

"At any given moment they could fall subject to the same tragedy, the same horrific crime that the Rhoden's fell to just for nothing other than doing their jobs, wearing that uniform and driving that cruiser," said Reader.

Reader said since the Rhoden investigation began he has gotten death threats.

"To say I have never received death threats would be an outright lie," said the sheriff. "We never know what we are going to be involved in, when we may be shot at."

Threat is alive

"At any given moment they could fall subject to the same tragedy, the same horrific crime that the Rhoden's fell to just for nothing other than doing their jobs, wearing that uniform and driving that cruiser," said Reader.
BBM

It sounds to me like they know who the killers are and the killers know they do, so they are threatening LE.

Now who has the courage to threaten LE and not fear retaliation?

Another theory is the killer is so dangerous that LE feels threatened.

I have been tossing around the thought there are four different crime scenes (the Newsomes, the other Pike county couple, the Rhodens and the Kentucky couple) that are very similar. All shot in the head while asleep, all found in or near their beds, no sign of forced entry, children left unharmed. Then tossing in the fact that the killers took the time to drag CR1 and GR into the bedroom and covered CR1 as though he was in bed asleep, it is starting to look like a ritual. As in serial killer. Maybe that is why LE now feels so threatened. Because the next ones found dead in their beds could be them. JMO

Oh there WERE cameras yes...! But the perps took them apparently.

Thank you, Flatbush. I was active on the OH murders early on. I am old and these murders had so many tragic deaths, with details to recall, such as the cameras, that have gently faded away. It is one reason for the post on the AR since it was more for my benefit so as to refamiliarize myself with the victim's names and ages again.

When I listened to State Attorney General DeWine's interview yesterday, he seemed to be saying that officials of Pike Co. had their eyes bulging to the appalling amount of and type of crimes in their county.

From the link posted by pearl published Sept. 2016:
http://abc6onyourside.com/news/loca...-keep-public-safe-during-rhoden-investigation

"They came like thieves in the night. They wiped out an entire family and that is something we are not going to stand for, not something the Attorney General is going to stand for, nor the community," said Reader.

The deputies have now been issued trauma kits to put in their cruisers.

It's insight on how to keep safe on the job and go home alive. They want to make sure that in Ohio, the number of officers killed in the line of duty remains below 100 in 2017.

At least 100 police officers in OH will go to work this year not knowing if they will be one of the statistics. Why not take away some benefits from incarcerated prisoners and give our LEO a pay raise for performing a hazardous job?

:wagon: :greetings: Thank you for offering your insight.

No,I didn't see the post. The person I feel that did it loves kids. ***A side note to it being a professional. A pro would have shot the victim in the head no more than twice. When you shoot two (2) of them five (5) times and another victim nine (9) times, then that is personal. Remember, this is a revenge killing.

I don't feel a professional would have used a shotgun. These crimes were personal. Weapons used were familiar to the UnSub(s).

The children were spared as they did not pose a threat to ID the intruders and they could not stomach killing babies. I believe it was family member(s) that did this crime as all they had to do was go up, knock on the door, and be let in. There is also another scenario that DR was killed first and maybe they got the keys to CR1 trailer and let themselves in. I feel that there were two (2) people that committed this crime. Someone really didn't like CR1 as I feel that he was shot the most, nine (9) times. Interesting that FR was shot once but I have a theory on this, but don't want to say at this time. I sent a letter via social media PM at 3:08 am yesterday to the sheriffs office to whom and why the people did this. If they want to contact myself they can, as I left email and they have my social media contact info, along with a phone number.

Initially, and currently, I felt it was a family member due to the lack of forced entry [at 3 of the 4 scenes, iirc]. However, I do not see the killer family member(s) walking up to the door and knocking, before being let inside, while holding a huge shotgun in their hands or else the bodies would be found just inside the doors. Yes?

I do think house keys were important to the UnSub(s). CRsr knew he was about to be shot, jmo. Some of his injuries seem to be defensive wounds since the extremities are involved. He turned his back on his killer in an attempt to get away and was shot in the back that shattered his vertebra, jmo based on AR.

I don't think anywhere I have seen mention shotgun, until today. I don't believe shotguns were used in this when the corner says the amount of gunshot wounds to each victim. I am very interested in the caliber used in these murders. I hope that they do release the autopsy report in full content. This was not a job done by a professional but all indications is that it was done by family members, "The Evil Ones." I know who I would call in and start talking too. Who do you think did this. I feel that LE needs to be more aggressive before the anniversary date of these murders. If it goes past that then people will lose more confidence in LE and then I feel that the FBI should take over.

The shots through the torso could have severed the spine.
:wagon: :greetings: Thank you for offering your insight.

I don't feel a professional would have used a shotgun. These crimes were personal. Weapons used were familiar to the UnSub(s).

Initially, and currently, I felt it was a family member due to the lack of forced entry [at 3 of the 4 scenes, iirc]. However, I do not see the killer family member(s) walking up to the door and knocking, before being let inside, while holding a huge shotgun in their hands or else the bodies would be found just inside the doors. Yes?

I do think house keys were important to the UnSub(s). CRsr knew he was about to be shot, jmo. Some of his injuries seem to be defensive wounds since the extremities are involved. He turned his back on his killer in an attempt to get away and was shot in the back that shattered his vertebra, jmo based on AR.

I have wondered if the scabs and contusions on CRjr were from a very recent fight that might have contributed to the revenge murders if that is what they were...

Could this case, and the drug trafficking in general in the region, be one that the US Marshals could enter? I ask because I live in a rural area of my state near a large city. It is not a major metropolitan city. It probably has less than 200,00 population. Its crime index is 8. There are so many murders and violent crimes in this city that the US Marshals are assisting the city and county LE. Someone told me that the Marshals service has wider latitude for investigation and arrest than do local LE. This may not be true as the person who told me has no more LE knowledge than I do.

I have wondered if the scabs and contusions on CRjr were from a very recent fight that might have contributed to the revenge murders if that is what they were...

I have wondered the very same, now to figure the fight, there had been mention of something at a Mac Donald's also the car load of young fellows that got run off Union Hill Rd.

I see a couple of fellows of interest are being held in Pike county the last couple of weeks

<> Thank you for offering your insight.

Why blow me down with a feather. I have no idea why I assumed "shotgun" blasts. My apologies for speed reading gets me into trouble sometimes. :blushing: I do not know what type weaponry was used. I just dropped in to check on the progress and promise not to disrupt the flow of the thread.

Thank you, Flatbush. I was active on the OH murders early on. I am old and these murders had so many tragic deaths, with details to recall, such as the cameras, that have gently faded away. It is one reason for the post on the AR since it was more for my benefit so as to refamiliarize myself with the victim's names and ages again.

When I listened to State Attorney General DeWine's interview yesterday, he seemed to be saying that officials of Pike Co. had their eyes bulging to the appalling amount of and type of crimes in their county.

From the link posted by pearl published Sept. 2016:

It's insight on how to keep safe on the job and go home alive. They want to make sure that in Ohio, the number of officers killed in the line of duty remains below 100 in 2017.

At least 100 police officers in OH will go to work this year not knowing if they will be one of the statistics. Why not take away some benefits from incarcerated prisoners and give our LEO a pay raise for performing a hazardous job?

This implies that 100 Ohio LE members were killed in line-of-duty last year. Not even close. Try 5. https://www.odmp.org/search/year/2016

This implies that 100 Ohio LE members were killed in line-of-duty last year. Not even close. Try 5. https://www.odmp.org/search/year/2016

Poor reporting. The program is nation wide, not just Ohio.

Thread #25 has been prepared for you. Please move over. This one one close in 5 minutes.

The thread is now closed. Continue discussion on Thread #25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member