OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe it!!Reader probably freaked because he said that so now he's is retracting it. They know what/who they are looking for!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

If he has a warrant and his suspects are missing, why is he afraid to name names? He knows.

And now we need to have an answer to the question "Where is Sophia Rhoden?" If she was in the custody of her bio father and his family's farms have been searched by LE, where is she? Shouldn't she be taken into custody and placed somewhere safe?

body(ies)

Buried evidence like a weapon or bloody clothing. Didn't LE have metal detectors while looking at the surrounding ground? If so, it sounds like they may be looking for weapon/s that may have been used in the killings.

I wonder if these new searches came from a recent tip?

Or maybe someone was arrested for another crime, and then told the police officers they knew something about the R murders trying to work a deal with LE to get out of the trouble they may be in by giving up info on the R case? That does happen at times in cases, and it will finally be solved when someone is arrested for another crime, and then they want to lessen their own crime/sentencing and will spill the beans about an unsolved case.

If he has a warrant and his suspects are missing, why is he afraid to name names? He knows.

And now we need to have an answer to the question "Where is Sophia Rhoden?" If she was in the custody of her bio father and his family's farms have been searched by LE, where is she? Shouldn't she be taken into custody and placed somewhere safe?
Absolutely! But she may not have been found like the suspects.

If the suspects are so violent and unpredictable that a SWAT team had to be called in, LE might be worried that Sophia could be killed if suspects feel trapped (by announcing their names and car description to public) and then decide upon suicide.

I can't imagine them bringing out that amount of manpower...all those different agencies.. for nothing? All of this hoopla for absolutely nothing? What. The. Hell. is going on?

2m
Chris Graves @chrisgraves
AG office: Searches in Pike/Adams county are concluded and will not resume tomorrow in Rhoden case. No new info. @Enquirer

I can't imagine them bringing in the amount of manpower they had and all of the different agencies for nothing. What the hell?

2m
Chris Graves @chrisgraves
AG office: Searches in Pike/Adams county are concluded and will not resume tomorrow in Rhoden case. No new info. @Enquirer

Oh, well, ok then.

What? They blow into town with a small army, armed to the teeth and search various properties for two solid days, two of which are connected to the bio father of Hanna Rohden's older daughter and then they just say "Oh well, we're done now".

Something really really wrong with this case.

DeWine needs to tell us where Sophia Rhoden is, if she's safe and away from her bio father's family.

That's true, Gary Rhoden's dad mentioned the different types of shells at his crime scene. But that just makes me wonder why LE took a year to search the Wagner place if they could match cartridges for ballistics. We've talked about this before, there had to be more crime scene clean up than just picking up cartridges (which they didn't do effectively). It was hinted that they removed security cameras, but recently Leonard Manley stated that one camera was overlooked.

In one of Leonard's recent video interviews, he stated police saw 2 people on one of the cameras that were missed by the perps. So it seems there was at least some evidence left behind. Seems like it would have been enough to get a search warrant for the Wagner property a long time ago. JMO.

I'm sorry if this question has already been asked and answered because I am not caught up yet, but could you please provide a link where Leonard talked about police seeing 2 people on one of the cameras? I have followed this from the beginning and have not seen that anywhere. Thank you in advance.

The Enquirer asked Gofstein three different times if SWAT officers were looking for suspects instead of evidence in the case. Each time, he said they were. He did not take issue with The Enquirer's reporting.

“Our job was to search for suspects and none were (at the) house or property,” Gofstein said. “Our role was to secure suspects … We were acting on their warrant.”
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2017/05/12/investigators-search-farm-10-miles-away-scene-rhoden-family-massacre/101600436/

I'm sorry if this question has already been asked and answered because I am not caught up yet, but could you please provide a link where Leonard talked about police seeing 2 people on one of the cameras? I have followed this from the beginning and have not seen that anywhere. Thank you in advance.

It was in the video portion of an interview with Leonard around the anniversary of the deaths. The quote wasn't mentioned in the article. You had to view the video to hear him say it.

Pretty sure it was at Cincinnati.com, but the link now goes to their main page. You may want to look for it there.

Reader made a fb comment. Basically thanking all the agencies for helping and he won't say more. Hope thats not all we have for the next year!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

As a local, I think it's complete bull that they would conduct 3 very extensive searches, make us believe they are really onto something by the amount of people involved, then some official makes a statement saying they were looking for suspects then retracts it and they are going to blow it off like it was nothing?? Do they realize how scary it is to live here not knowing what's going on because they keep it all so hush hush and try to down play EVERYTHING they do?
I'm beginning to believe they are incredibly incompetent.

What if they had a search warrant for evidence but not arrest warrants for suspects? If they thought the suspects could be there, they might have called the SWAT team in for protection while they searched. Clearly they have suspects in mind but might not have the evidence for an arrest yet.

As a local, I think it's complete bull that they would conduct 3 very extensive searches, make us believe they are really onto something by the amount of people involved, then some official makes a statement saying they were looking for suspects then retracts it and they are going to blow it off like it was nothing?? Do they realize how scary it is to live here not knowing what's going on because they keep it all so hush hush and try to down play EVERYTHING they do?
I'm beginning to believe they are incredibly incompetent.

Or trying to cover up something.

I blame Reader less for these problems. If you go back and read the depositions with the Pike County Coroner and statement from the local BCI officer in the files of the Columbus Dispatch lawsuit, it's very clear that DeWine and BCI have been running this investigation from the first day.

Really? Isn't that where the man went missing right at the time of the murders and his truck was found abandoned out there? I always thought that might have had something to do with the murders. If so, this could get crazy!!

EDIT: Never mind, it wasn't on Camp Creek Road. Sorry! That was Billy Harper. I still wonder if there's a connection to him being missing. It seems like it wasn't too far away from the murder locations.

What IS on Camp Creek Road?

The Rhodens owned property out there and at one point an in-law lived there. I'm unsure if the in-law still lives there or not.

Dozens of state investigators and members of the Pike and Adams counties sheriff’s offices searched a farm at 260 Peterson Road, just off of Highway 32 for nearly 10 hours Friday. A team of investigators also combed through items that appeared to be stored in trailers parked at a car lot on Highway 41 in rural Peebles. Authorities did not search that property’s barn, home or land, but rather focused on horse trailers and trailers. Those trailers appeared packed with boxes and other household-type items.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...-away-scene-rhoden-family-massacre/101600436/

They didn't search the barn, home or land? They only searched the trailers. That's crazy!

What if they had a search warrant for evidence but not arrest warrants for suspects? If they thought the suspects could be there, they might have called the SWAT team in for protection while they searched. Clearly they have suspects in mind but might not have the evidence for an arrest yet.

Marc Gofstein, spokesman for the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, said Pike County authorities requested that specialized team’s help for the sole purpose of looking for suspects, but they did not find anyone. He declined to provide the address of the search or the name of the person or people they were searching for.

“Our job was to search for suspects and none were (at the) house or property,” Gofstein said. “Our role was to secure suspects … We were acting on their warrant.”
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2017/05/12/investigators-search-farm-10-miles-away-scene-rhoden-family-massacre/101600436/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024