OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasn't it already been established that he is not the father of the 4 day old? I get so mixed up between fact and rumour.

I've followed this from day one, and I'm kinda fuzzy tonight, but other than two speculative fathers, and a third mystery father, I don't recall ever seeing that information, in print, as a definitive yes, or no, on any of the potential fathers. There's also been a gag order in place re; anything to do with the two children in cps.

Sounds like paternity test were done and he was deemed not to be the father. That is new information to us, likely a leak or misreporting. Perhaps there was a potential he may have been bio dad but was tested and deemed not to be. Just my thoughts as we work through all the new info. Hang tight- they became close lipped but this is still more than we ever knew for 1 years time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it was a leak. Not sure if it's true or not though.

On Pike County Sheriff's Facebook page, Sheriff Reader's statement this evening:

BBM

IIRC the 23 Pipeline Major Crimes Task Force is a multi-agency task force that focuses on drug runners that operate along US 23, known as a major pipeline for drug trafficking.

Kentucky and Ohio work together on that. It used to be called the "Country Music Highway" on the Kentucky side...

Hanna Rhoden and Wagner are the parents of an older daughter, XXXXX Wagner, who is now 4. Wagner won custody of the toddler last summer. He is not the father of XXXX (the five day old) who had been in state custody after the slayings.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2017/05/12/investigators-search-farm-10-miles-away-scene-rhoden-family-massacre/101600436/

So did LE do a dna test and determine he wasn't the father or did he just say he wasn't the father? Why wasn't the five day old baby placed with her biological father's family (since CPS didn't put any kids with the Rhodens)?

The State would want paternity established first before awarding custody because they weren't married. Has anyone stepped forward and claimed paternity and taken a DNA test?

Dozens of state investigators and members of the Pike and Adams counties sheriff’s offices searched a farm at 260 Peterson Road, just off of Highway 32 for nearly 10 hours Friday. A team of investigators also combed through items that appeared to be stored in trailers parked at a car lot on Highway 41 in rural Peebles. Authorities did not search that property’s barn, home or land, but rather focused on horse trailers and trailers. Those trailers appeared packed with boxes and other household-type items.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...-away-scene-rhoden-family-massacre/101600436/

They didn't search the barn, home or land? They only searched the trailers. That's crazy!

I'd venture to guess that at least some of those "boxes and other household-type items" in the trailers parked at the car lot are from the Peterson Rd house that was recently sold. Since JW and his brother have worked as truckers in the past and he is thought to be relocating to Alaska, it would make sense that they wouldn't hire a moving company to transport their things when they could do it themselves. This is only my guess.

The State would want paternity established first before awarding custody because they weren't married. Has anyone stepped forward and claimed paternity and taken a DNA test?

It's possible HMR & JW had already done that at SW's birth, or soon after. If so, and he already had some type of custodial arrangement, without his visits being supervised, then the child would legally go to him, as simply, and legally, as FR's toddler went to his mother that day. However, since there were multiple possibilities this time, it's possible that none of them were at the hospital on delivery day. Just a guess as it would be a bit awkward.

If an unmarried couple does not sign "the brown form" at the hospital, and then split up, then it makes things more difficult. Even if the parents have lived together, the father would have to seek a dna test, to prove he was the father to enjoy visits, and the mother would have to have that same proof in order to receive child support benefits from the father. (This is in Ohio, the link below explains it better than I can. I am not from Ohio, but have had this come up w/unmarried family members.)

http://If the mother is unmarried w...while at the hospital after the baby's birth.

Please allow me to lay to rest the post of Betty's post of 964 of page 65,
thread 25'She gave a link to the August hearing of the bio father of HR''s
4 day old baby and other bits and pieces of Information, written by Chris
Graves..This post is intended to help rsd to realize that my post came from
a reliable source..The article she wrote stated that Mr.Wagner drove trucks
for a living until the oldest child was awarded to him and he quit driving and
changed jobs to work so he could be home with his daughter at night..The
new job paid him half of the salary he made driving trucks and he has to
drive 2/12 hours to drive to the second job..he is devastated with the expenses
of receiving custody and has joined FUND ME to raise $20,000.00 to
pay courts and lawyers. My question,if his family is wealthy,, why beg for
money.? Something to think about..

I need your thoughts:

1) I understand from this news below, the person who answered the call is a relative of JW, not JW's mother.

2) If they have search warrants for individuals and they are not there, Don't you think LE would make a public appeal for searching these people?

Have we seen the Wagner's alive recently? Were they searching their bodies? No bodies no arrest?

*http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...-away-scene-rhoden-family-massacre/101600436/

It's just an idea.

It reminds me of the Avery & Lundgren case. They had moved to California too. Until they found them buried in a barn

Hanna Rhoden and Wagner are the parents of an older daughter, XXXXX Wagner, who is now 4. Wagner won custody of the toddler last summer. He is not the father of XXXX (the five day old) who had been in state custody after the slayings.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2017/05/12/investigators-search-farm-10-miles-away-scene-rhoden-family-massacre/101600436/

So did LE do a dna test and determine he wasn't the father or did he just say he wasn't the father? Why wasn't the five day old baby placed with her biological father's family (since CPS didn't put any kids with the Rhodens)?

I would imagine one of the first things LE did (or should have done) is a dna test to determine the father of the five-day old baby of HR. I've often wondered about the reasons why her father did not gain custody of her.

thread 25'She gave a link to the August hearing of the bio father of HR''s

I'm having trouble with the reply section. This is odd of itself. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think it will cost him $20,000.00 to get custody of his biological child.

I'm having trouble with the reply section. This is odd of itself. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think it will cost him $20,000.00 to get custody of his biological child.

I think it is odd, too. I believe there was a section in this article in which JW admitted that the amount he was asking for ($20,000) exceeded his actual legal expenses.

JW just got custody of his daughter.. HR's baby is in a hold position and
a hearing for a father's I.D. will start in August..hope that helps

The article in question is from July 2016.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/07/29/rhoden-case-hate-seeing-my-daughter-cry/87645382/

Wagner won custody of his little girl last month in Pike County, he said. And while the ruling was not unexpected, the legal bills were.

He got custody in June of 2016. moo

Early on there was a lot of discussion of how someone familiar with the areas surrounding the Rhodens' homes could have used trails to access the property without using the any/most roads.

If you look at the video driving into Flying W farms, there is a shot where they turn the camera to the side and you get a great view of the power lines and right-of-way that cross the property. When you look on google maps you can easily see this and other utility right of ways. If you were so inclined you could use these to get from the farm to both 4077 Union Hill Rd or to KR's trailer on Left Fork with only one or two turns and with very minimal need to do more than cross over a road here & there.

I'm sure that could be said for many places in the area and anyone who grew up fishing/hunting/riding/4wheeling in the area most likely knows the way around the area on & off road.

This is sort of off topic but just to kind of show how it is in the country, I was awake, like most nights, at 3 a.m. and heard a four wheeler rambling around on one of the farms nearby. At some point, it stopped. There was one gunshot that echoed across the fields (of course they were outdoors), then the four wheeler starts back up, rolls around the farm a little bit more. Stops. Then a few minutes later we hear a truck start and it goes past the house. I'm sure they were out after varmints in their cattle but it kind of goes to show how little folks would think of something like that in the countryside. I found it rather odd, at 3 a.m., but not odd enough to call the cops. My point is, that if they were on four wheelers, if the folks on LF and UHR, thought about it, they probably remembered hearing them and what time they heard them. I can hear the four wheelers much easier at night than during the daytime.

thread 25'
She gave a link to the August hearing of the bio father of HR''s

BBM

Ray, re; the custody post; My post, ( #351, page 24, of thread 26), was not meant as a slight toward you.. I'd read your post, (#984, thread 25, page 66), re the custody hearing for August, but there was no link provided to verify it with, and no post # referring to which of BettyP's posts you'd gleaned the info from.

I did find the info interesting though, I hadn't heard it before, but, w/o a link, I couldn't post it as the Gospel so I gave you credit, as to where I'd read the information re; the August custody hearing but that's all I could do. Had I not had this *%^$# flu/virus bug, I'd probably looked & dug around for a link myself, but... I didn't. Again, that post was not meant as a slight toward you, in any way, Ray, but, as my signature reads, Unless there's a link, it's just my own 2¢, If you want to help me realize that your posts are credible, then include the links, to where you find your information, in your posts. That is the way that most of us do so, otherwise, if there's no links, the post is usually considered only our opinion. (No snark intended).

As far as me writing any articles about JW driving trucks and joining a Fund Me account...I have no idea what you are talking about unless I've been sleep posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024