OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am not sure that I am allowed to post this as I heard it on WLW radio, therefore no link, so please advise if this is not ok.

Radio host (and lawyer) Bill Cunningham interviewed Mike DeWine, specifically asking about the surviving children. DeWine stated that they were placed with non-family members for their own safety in case the killer or killers returned to murder them also. He also stated the location of the foster families was being closely protected due to their safety and the safety of the children.

This made no sense to me because why would the killer(s) spare the children the first time and then seek them out to murder them?
He probably meant ..... in case the murdereres returned to kill other family members.....not the children.....but they wanted to make sure the kids were not in harms way of "others" being killed.

The FBI should have been called in as soon as they found the bodies...Reeder must have wanted to be a hero thinking that he could solve these murders on his own..I think they screwed it all up!

Reader Called in the BCI right away. DeWine and the BCI took over very early on day one in the investigation. Reader is only assisting them. FBI did do some testing of items from what I recall but DeWine is calling the shots...

Agree!! There is very little about this case that makes sense, IMO.

Any news from the person(s) who lived on the searched properties? Not an image, not a word, no statements from a representative?

It's been nearly 2 days now. Is it usual?

Any news from the person(s) who lived on the searched properties? Not an image, not a word, no statements from a representative?

It's been nearly 2 days now. Is it usual?

I do not expect to hear from them at all. They are very well lawyered up. Have been for years. No decent lawyer would let them say a word to anyone at this point.

Is this what LM meant when he was first interviewed and told the media to go talk to the people at the nursing home where DR worked ? Is crystal springs a nursing home ?
I never understand what he meant by that and what they could possibly know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbm

I thought so since he said the Lawshe nursing home.

It lists as a home for nursing and personal care. I took that to mean nursing home.
I might be wrong.

The Lawshe nursing home is close to the Peterson road search. Not the Camp Creek search if that helps?

The owner of the property at 28171 State Hwy 41 - Unlimited Motors - is Brian Brown.

News media pointed to the other property at 160 Peterson Rd. Is there a link between Brown and the people residing a 160 Peterson?

This was probably already caught, but correct address is 260, not 160.

Is this what LM meant when he was first interviewed and told the media to go talk to the people at the nursing home where DR worked ? Is crystal springs a nursing home ?
I never understand what he meant by that and what they could possibly know?

LM gave several interviews so I'm not sure of the exact one where he said that or in what context, but in other interviews when he said to ask folks about Dana it was in regard to what a generous & caring person she was.

This is from an interview with Chris Graves:
“My daughter is a loving person, a loving mother,’’ he said, using the present tense. “You go anywhere, you ask anyone about my daughter … they will tell you the same.
“You go down and ask about Dana; they will all tell you: I spoiled my girl,’’ he said. “They would tell you her dad would do anything for her.’’

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...enge-our-hearts-pike-co-family-says/83517330/

Perhaps they haven't done anything wrong? That has crossed my mind. This is certainly strange!

Help please. Was there an interview with a surviving family member very early in the case, who said the murders might be because of a child custody issue?

I remember that, too and my recollection is that it was stated by Leonard Manley in his first interview. This is the one where he was at one of the properties and was clearly beside himself with grief. I have found several versions of the video interview online, but they've all been edited and this statement has been edited out.

I remember that, too and my recollection is that it was stated by Leonard Manley in his first interview. This is the one where he was at one of the properties and was clearly beside himself with grief. I have found several versions of the video interview online, but they've all been edited and this statement has been edited out.

Thanks. That sounds like what I remember. He was, as you say, beside himself. Interesting that it isn't available. moo

I'm wondering now if perhaps the timing of the search was very deliberate indeed - wait for the family to be out of state and not at hand to protest in person or call in their laywers.

I think LE tried to contact the property owners and got no reply. They assumed since there was no reply there'd be a dangerous situation when they arrived at the property, so they brought in the SWAT team.

Very hard to say!! If this is a case of keystone cops, then maybe they are having some fun with it?

I thought I saw it in an interview of him while he was in the church. It was there a couple of months ago. I would look for it, but... my eyes are crossed and my brain is fried from these last 2-3 days.

I also thought it was interesting that all of the videos of this interview I could find yesterday had been edited to remove that statement.

I also thought it was interesting that all of the videos of this interview I could find yesterday had been edited to remove that statement.

*sigh* i'm beginning to feel the need to search for it. one of these days, i'm going to start downloading those videos so as to have them at a time like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08