OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

How true is that? I'm sorry but that literally made me lol.

As I said, anything is possible these days. But can any of the locals here give us an idea as to whether people in the region are really that sociopathic that they would allow their family and friends to be slaughtered? A lot of theories have been discussed, but I can't see a group of friends and family allowing this to happen just so they could inherit a few acres of land in the woods and a used mobile home or possibly pick up a couple thousand dollars.

Maybe I'm being naive. :confused:

I was thinking, earlier, how, when teens have children, and they still live at home, that most times the grandparents feel as if they're parents again. They get up during the night, they help with feedings, diaper changes, potty training, they're there when first words are spoken, first steps are taken, they sit up at night with them when they're sick, they're there financially, and emotionally, from day one. A bond is built. It becomes difficult for grandparents, sometimes, if they have issues surrounding the grandchild's raising, b/c grandparents have few, if any, rights, but are usually 100% emotionally involved.

True. I have bitten my tongue more than a few times to keep from speaking out about something my son has decided where his kids are concerned. Then again there has been a few times I have nearly chewed it off to keep from interfering. lol It gets hard to let them make their own mistakes with their kids.

Could that criminal activity have something to do with the horses? There have been instances involving horse racing where drugs were an issue. Just a thought, nothing solid.

It's no secret drug trafficking is a huge problem in this area and Chris Rhoden Sr and his brother are said to have had a couple of MJ grow ops. But I don't think the mods want us to speculate a lot about the people whose properties were searched this past weekend. We can sleuth the properties, not the owners.

I like it, but was thinking more in terms of one man hunting on another man's property and shoots a horse. . . That could be a feuded that had simmered a while and not the complete motive of the murders.

You know that would have to be a brave soul to ride a horse like that in dark woods. I don't think horses can see that good at night.

I'm not 100% sold on the going in on horseback theory, but, if you've got a really good, go anywhere, horse, I'd not doubt that it could be done if there were no fences, or there were gates that could be easily opened. I've ridden horseback at night, and they have pretty good vision.

Attempts to reach Wagner and his mother remained unsuccessful Monday.

Same article just posted.

hello all. new here. a few things i would like to comment on regarding traversing between the scenes. i have spent a lot of time in that part of ohio and that terrain is pretty rugged. 300 + foot elevation changes. you can go to mytopo.com and look at an online topo map of the area to see what i am talking about. the topo will specifically show the powerlines as well.

speaking of the powerlines. one could absolutely use them to navigate the backwoods, however, it's not like this is typically nice and neat land, especially in that rugged terrain. these areas are not well maintained, they are usually overgrown, and are littered with trees and rocks from when they were originally installed. duke probably doesn't do a maintenance cleaning but evry 15-20 years. unless atv trails have been cleaned out over the years, it would probably be easier to travel these paths via horseback as someone mentioned earlier.

A few other things to consider. There are a lot of atv's on the market that are fairly quiet not to mention the silent ones that are electric. also, hearing atv's in the distance at night in that part of the country is not abnormal. neither is gone shots. coyote hunting is primarily done at night.

Fingers crossed more to come.

Rhoden massacre in #PikeCounty, more details emerging. @carriecochran @chrisgraves are there. cin.ci/2qkAKt0 via @enquirer

There have been so many "sketchy" coincidences with this case. From DS saying he could have been #9 b/c he was supposed to spend the night w/KR but didn't, to KR, who was supposed to spend the night with HMR, but her bf got a toothache, so ultimately, she didnt, to HHG's sister deciding at the last minute to drive on past HHG's trailer,and go home, to FR's son being dropped off, and Mom leaving at 10:30, that night. Idk, in the grand scheme of things, all of those look odd after an entire family has been murdered. JW worked odd hours, iirc, and he and HMR seemed to have an amicable, and flexible, visitation schedule. I mean, he said it was a 50/50 chance he was the father of the newborn... He also remains friends, at least on sm, with all three branches of the surviving family members. Just playing Devil's advocate.
I still think someone who changed their plans that night is involved in what happened that night. And it does involve IMO child custody. However, I don't think someone else involved knowingly knows what is going on. If LM says 2 people were seen on a forgotten camera, it does make sense to me now. Also, KR's murder makes sense IMO if who I think it involved did it.

I'm not 100% sold on the going in on horseback theory, but, if you've got a really good, go anywhere, horse, I'd not doubt that it could be done if there were no fences, or there were gates that could be easily opened. I've ridden horseback at night, and they have pretty good vision.

We ride at night a good deal in the summer.. it's cooler,no flies,and the horses see very well after dark. They pick their own way we just give them a direction.

[emoji237]Always My Own Opinion[emoji4]

PEEBLES -- The property owner of the site of an intensive search tied to the Rhoden family massacre investigation said Monday that authorities combed through household items left there by a former boyfriend of one of the victims.

The Wagner brothers also indicated they were looking to move "north."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...assacre-more-search-details-emerge/101713414/

Is it just me or does that container look like it was packed in a hurry with things just tossed in haphazardly? This whole selling of the property doesn't look like it was planned in advance, indeed it looks like a last minute decision. I would think if it was a planned move they would have had somewhere picked out to store stuff, like storage rental places.

Authorities, however, towed away the enclosed trailer around 11:30 p.m. Friday, Brown said.

Interesting that LE towed the enclosed trailer. Was it evidence or contain evidence?

It's no secret drug trafficking is a huge problem in this area and Chris Rhoden Sr and his brother are said to have had a couple of MJ grow ops. But I don't think the mods want us to speculate a lot about the people whose properties were searched this past weekend. We can sleuth the properties, not the owners.

Thank you for the reminder. This new article has me rethinking that there was also a drug component to this case too. It's not sounding too good.

Is it just me or does that container look like it was packed in a hurry with things just tossed in haphazardly? This whole selling of the property doesn't look like it was planned in advance, indeed it looks like a last minute decision. I would think if it was a planned move they would have had somewhere picked out to store stuff, like storage rental places.

Authorities, however, towed away the enclosed trailer around 11:30 p.m. Friday, Brown said.

Interesting that LE towed the enclosed trailer. Was it evidence or contain evidence?

I wonder when the planning to move began? I also wonder if the R/M families knew they were moving? If they didn't know that brings a bigger question.

"They called and said they wanted to park their stuff for a few days until they could find a place,'' Brown said, adding that Wagner, 24, and his older brother, George Washington Wagner IV, 25, indicated that they had gotten "good-paying jobs up north."

PEEBLES -- The property owner of the site of an intensive search tied to the Rhoden family massacre investigation said Monday that authorities combed through household items left there by a former boyfriend of one of the victims.

The Wagner brothers also indicated they were looking to move "north."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...assacre-more-search-details-emerge/101713414/

Big thanks to Chris Graves for the update. It looks like some of the rumors we were hearing (but didn't discuss here) are confirmed.

It sounds like a lot of children's toys were in the trailers parked at the Brown property. Wonder where Sophia is?

The article says the brothers told Brown they had "gotten good paying jobs up north".

Big thanks to Chris Graves for the update. It looks like some of the rumors we were hearing (but didn't discuss here) are confirmed.

It sounds like a lot of children's toys were in the trailers parked at the Brown property. Wonder where Sophia is?

The article says the brothers told Brown they had "gotten good paying jobs up north".

With Jake it sounds, but note it is "believed" not confirmed.

"The couple has a daughter, , now 3, who is believed to be in the custody of Wagner."

Edited to remove child's name.

That's a lot of toys for a 3 y/o. I guess a lot of people donated through the ******** although he said it was for legal issues and expenses that came with custody.

Instructions as to how to find the scanner/basement thread, please & thank you?

Don't know. But for anyone interested, the Adam's County, OH police and fire scanner traffic is now being streamed on Broadcastify. They must have recently added it.

For those new here, there's a thread for scanner traffic discussions at this link

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rent-Scanner-Alerts-7&p=13356995#post13356995

You have to be a registered member of WS to access the threads and nothing you hear "downstairs in the basement" can be discussed up here.

Does anyone know if there is a grand jury sitting right now in any of the counties involved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenabarlow