OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.fox19.com/story/35422648...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

"BREAKING: SWAT team searched for suspects related to Pike County Massacre"

PIKE COUNTY, OH (FOX19) -A Franklin County SWAT team searched for suspects related to the Rhoden Family Massacre Saturday morning in Pike County, according to Marc Gofstein, a spokesman for Franklin County Sheriff's Office.

Franklin County SWAT in cooperation with Pike County law enforcement secured an area in Pike County where the suspects were believed to be. Police made no arrests and there were no confrontations.

Earlier Saturday, several police and government vehicles were seen leaving Flying W Farms in in Piketon. It is unclear if that is the location of the raid.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

OH MY GOD. THIS MEANS THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE LOOKING FOR. Please, please let this be true.

Chris Graves‏ @chrisgraves 3m3 minutes ago
More
Official: “Our job was to search for suspects and none were (at the) house or property ... Our role was to secure suspects. (2) @Enquirer

Thanks!

Will DeWine now please call in the FBI? It's likely these suspects are no longer in Ohio. Who knows where they've gone?

Early on there was a lot of discussion of how someone familiar with the areas surrounding the Rhodens' homes could have used trails to access the property without using the any/most roads.

If you look at the video driving into Flying W farms, there is a shot where they turn the camera to the side and you get a great view of the power lines and right-of-way that cross the property. When you look on google maps you can easily see this and other utility right of ways. If you were so inclined you could use these to get from the farm to both 4077 Union Hill Rd or to KR's trailer on Left Fork with only one or two turns and with very minimal need to do more than cross over a road here & there.

I'm sure that could be said for many places in the area and anyone who grew up fishing/hunting/riding/4wheeling in the area most likely knows the way around the area on & off road.

Yes, tlcya, I posted a link to it a couple of pages back. Most of the interview was on the 11 pm news report from last night.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/state/stat...gators-searching-along-pike-adams-county-line

Unless I just zoned out, I saw nothing on our news network here. I can't believe there's that kind of activity going on and there's nothing about it on the nat'l news or my local news. I'm a fairly easy drive to there. Folks on the state line could be there in less than an hour.

Anyone think there's a chance they will release the suspects names? Normally I would assume so but this case is like nothing I've ever followed so...I'm not holding my breath.

How can they say they were hoping to arrest suspects when they blew into town with such fanfare? Convoys of LE vehicles with flashing lights, blocking traffic, etc. Yeah, I'm sure that didn't give the suspects any advance notice.

Note to DeWine & Reader: If you want to arrest them, you have to sneak up on them.

Somebody please call the FBI. :gaah:

Anyone think there's a chance they will release the suspects names? Normally I would assume so but this case is like nothing I've ever followed so...I'm not holding my breath.

IDK how they can justify not naming them with a full description and make/model of vehicle/s.

In this case? No, probably not.

That's interesting that a SWAT team was brought in to arrest the subjects. Law enforcement expected extreme resistance.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...-away-scene-rhoden-family-massacre/101600436/

Update 7:45 p.m.:*A SWAT team from the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office executed a search warrant at a Pike County home Saturday morning specifically looking for suspects in the* Rhoden family massacre case, an official said.

"Our job was to search for suspects and none were (at the) house or property,” Gofstein said. “Our role was to secure suspects … We were acting on their warrant.”

His comments mark the first time the word suspect has been used in this context in the 13-month investigation into the slaying of eight members of the Rhoden family. They also cap more than 48 hours of intense searches at at least three farms in Adams and Pike counties.

More at link...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member