OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the surviving family, friends and community leaders should call their own Town Hall Meeting on the case. Invite all the elected officials - especially all the ones who have kept silent on this murder. The ones who have done nothing, haven't visited the town or the families. State Rep, State Senator, Congressperson, US Senators, Governor. Call the news media and have them attend. Public pressure is the only way to get a response. If any elected official refuses the invite, call the news media and let it be known.

I'd be happy to help coordinate.

I wonder if the average local citizen really cares if it gets solved or if they assume the Rhodens got what they had coming and it doesn't matter who did it....

I wonder if the average local citizen really cares if it gets solved or if they assume the Rhodens got what they had coming and it doesn't matter who did it....
I hate to say it, but, I kinda think the latter, based on the the pullback, after Dewine felt the need to share to group that day.... It's odd that's the ONLY thing he's shared but has yet to show proof.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sure if the average local believes murder is justified then sure why not?

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

The one thing that all of those who were murdered, have in common, other than familial ties, is that they all had worked at the same workplace, at some point in time (or hung out there and helped their parents work, so they could swim and enjoy the place). Over the past 18+ months, I've tossed around a theory of possible blackmail. It's not at the top of my list but it just won't go away. The Rs were used to kinda pushin' their weight around to get what they wanted, playin' rough. Did they underestimate someone?

It's because of the case below, that I think that Reader is right, on at least one thing, this is bigger than drugs. If it's a crime that crosses state borders, the FBI doesn't have to be invited to join in the investigation. Iirc a 19 y/o kid who went with CR2, to pick up cars, said they went out of state to get them. I just feel that the FBI would have picked up on that, before, or after, the murders, and would have been all over it. Like the one below. DeWine didn't seem to try and keep them out of this one.

Twenty-one Individuals Indicted on Trafficking Heroin, Cocaine, and Violence Into Community.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndoh/p...urt-trafficking-heroin-youngstown-and-ravenna

First BBM. Did Kenneth work there, too? I remember reading that all of the others did, but I just don't remember if he did.

I haven't been on here in a while. Hope everyone here has been doing well.

I don't think I've heard that Kenneth worked there, but have heard that the family was there a lot. But after all it is a campground and a place where a lot of locals socialize. I have to agree with the general thought that the community really doesn't care about what happened. That they deserved it, because of what they were into. I don't. There has to be some higher ups involved because of all this silence. Here's another thought, I have heard that not only has Mr. Barr went to a new location, but also that Miss Graves has gone to.
What's going on with that?

I hate to say it, but, I kinda think the latter, based on the the pullback, after Dewine felt the need to share to group that day.... It's odd that's the ONLY thing he's shared but has yet to show proof.

I do believe unless someone outside Ohio gets involved in the investigation, it is as far as it will go. Not even the investigative TV shows seem to have any interest, unless they did some research and were told to stay out of it...

I don't think I've heard that Kenneth worked there, but have heard that the family was there a lot. But after all it is a campground and a place where a lot of locals socialize. I have to agree with the general thought that the community really doesn't care about what happened. That they deserved it, because of what they were into. I don't. There has to be some higher ups involved because of all this silence. Here's another thought, I have heard that not only has Mr. Barr went to a new location, but also that Miss Graves has gone to.
What's going on with that?

https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinn...ati-enquirer-cuts-arts-reporter-4-others.html
When I click the link, it says have to have a subscription to read the article but the preview on Google.Com search shows this. "Sep 19, 2017 - Those cut in Tuesday's layoffs include arts reporter Janelle Gelfand, police reporter Chris Graves, features and entertainment reporter Shauna ...

Chris Graves Twitter feed says she was in Pike County October 26th.

Fox 19 Now shows Stefano DiPietrantonio as their Investigative Reporter and does not list a Jody Barr as a reporter...

So they could both be gone from their former jobs.

Chris Graves is not listed as a reporter on the Contacts page for the Cincinnati Enquirer..
https://www.cincinnati.com/contact/staff

That is really weird. Both Graves and Barr were reporting and pushing for answers in the Rhoden murders and both now no longer work where they did? Things get stranger all the time...

Chris Graves is not listed as a reporter on the Contacts page for the Cincinnati Enquirer..

That is really weird. Both Graves and Barr were reporting and pushing for answers in the Rhoden murders and both now no longer work where they did? Things get stranger all the time...

I did see on her FB page that she was no longer employed there. And I think I read somewhere that Jody Barr is now in Texas.

That's what I was thinking to Dudley. Strange isn't it. The only 2 reporting and showing any interest in this case, gone? I to have tried investigative shows and nothing. What the heck is going on? Who the heck can you talk to about somebody showing some accountability that this case is even active anymore? If a case this big can go silent and stay silent, what kind of a chance does an everyday person have for justice?

Chris Graves was layed off and Jody Barr is with a NBC affiliate station in Austin, Texas. So sorry the case has lost them.

Jody Barr left June 15 and Chris Graves mid Sept. I think reaching out to them is worth a shot.

I wonder if there is more they could say about this case since they are not under their employers' rules....

Maybe somebody needs to start spreading the rumor that 'Charles Manson ordered the murders'... then maybe someone will get things going. Unreal.

That's what I was thinking to Dudley. Strange isn't it. The only 2 reporting and showing any interest in this case, gone? I to have tried investigative shows and nothing. What the heck is going on? Who the heck can you talk to about somebody showing some accountability that this case is even active anymore? If a case this big can go silent and stay silent, what kind of a chance does an everyday person have for justice?

BBM

The only ones who can bring this case back into the spotlight is the family of the victims. I posted that earlier on here and was roundly scolded because it was seen as criticism of the family. Before it starts again, yes, I know they don't want to put their face out there because they are afraid they or their relatives will be next if they do.

But these killers were ruthless enough to kill a 16 year old boy hiding behind his bed and a mother nursing her infant. What the family and some others do not seem to realize is that with killers that ruthless out there running loose, they or anyone else in that area could be next anyway, whether they do an interview or not.

So someone in that family is going to have to step up if they want the case to remain active and public, whether is is a close relative or a third cousin twice removed. If anything they could get a family member who does not live in Ohio or the surrounding area to do an interview. With families as large as the R's, M's and G's one would think there has to be some relatives who have moved away to other states.

But at this point, coming up on two years later, if the family wants the killers brought to justice, they are going to have to get the case back out there front and center in the news.

BBM

The only ones who can bring this case back into the spotlight is the family of the victims. I posted that earlier on here and was roundly scolded because it was seen as criticism of the family. Before it starts again, yes, I know they don't want to put their face out there because they are afraid they or their relatives will be next if they do.

But these killers were ruthless enough to kill a 16 year old boy hiding behind his bed and a mother nursing her infant. What the family and some others do not seem to realize is that with killers that ruthless out there running loose, they or anyone else in that area could be next anyway, whether they do an interview or not.

So someone in that family is going to have to step up if they want the case to remain active and public, whether is is a close relative or a third cousin twice removed. If anything they could get a family member who does not live in Ohio or the surrounding area to do an interview. With families as large as the R's, M's and G's one would think there has to be some relatives who have moved away to other states.

But at this point, coming up on two years later, if the family wants the killers brought to justice, they are going to have to get the case back out there front and center in the news.
This is so much easier said than done. We have two old murders in my family, and neither were ever solved. One was labeled as a suicide even though he was found in a canal with his skull bashed in and teeth knocked out in Chicago. Nobody bought this explanation from the police, not even the newspaper that described the condition of the body. This was 1931. At the funeral, 3 hours away from Chicago, some men in suits who were driving black cars showed up and warned the family not to ask questions. They valued their lives and the lives of their children too much to publicly question the notion of suicide. But not a single relative bought the official explanation.

This gives me a bird's eye view into what a family may feel about a threat.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

True, very true Raisin ! The families have to keep this case going. I for one would like to know if the families have been put on some kind of "gag" order, or it is fear. This case makes no sense to me. I don't understand how the "powers that be" are getting away with no one being held accountable for the injustice these families are facing. It is and has been looking more like some kinda "cover up". After almost 2 years of investigation, and still nothing, what are we the general public supposed to think? IMO, the higher ups really don't care about what the general public or the families think. That makes me, an everyday person feel really safe! NOT! I guess it's still true, if you have no money, and no pull your just sol. Eight lives gone, oh well, seems to be the general feelings in Pike Ohio.

I wonder if there is more they could say about this case since they are not under their employers' rules....
I'm not convinced it was their employer's rules they were running into...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vingigi