OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where I see the problem is deciding how much is too much for driving or at work. Who decides and how do they decide how much you can have in your system to drive and not considered impaired. You can have alcohol in your system at work and not be "drunk" and not get fired. How much THC can you have and not get fired. Can a company say any THC is too much without discriminating if it is for medical use? How are they going to test for THC levels in a simple timely manor? Will a taxi driver, police officer, fireman, doctor, etc. be allowed to use medical marijuana? I see lots of "gray" areas to be decided. I have wondered how Colorado, california, etc. are doing it. I've never heard anything about it on the news...

Companies in CA/CO still have a right to enforce whether they allow employees to use weed, or not. They can fire you. It's not about companies, it about the government jailing folks for a plant that is not lethal and can help folks. The feds just came out and said that if you hold a medical marijuana card you cannot purchase a firearm. Alcoholics and the mentally disturbed? No problem-o. Buy away.

The states don't like it, if Colorado is an example. The problem is that they can't get the federal government to change the regulation. States seem to be doing what they can to regulate the business side and keep things accountable.

The sad part about confiscation is that they often focus on small fish and consumers. I don't see them cracking down on companies that have invested a lot of money in their operations. In Ohio, for example, many of the big operators have very closer personal and financial connections to Republicans in state and federal government. One grow op recently approved is being run by the former chief aide to Governor Kasich.

Who won Ohio's big medical marijuana grow licenses? 5 things to know

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2017/12/5_things_to_know_about_ohios_b.html

Most of these investors/owners are pretty much "untouchable". They're friends and donors of GOP politicians. There's no way Sessions will bother them.

Maybe in Ohio but the documentary I watched showed folks struggling with businesses they'd built from the ground up, way back when Cali first legalized. Colorado has small shops too. Ohio is being an @ss.

It is hard to believe the state or federal government allows the cash only, no banks, no records to speak of, arrangement. I can see everything people own being confiscated if they decide to crack down on the industry. I can see Sessions in favor of that the way he talks.

Banks won't take the cannabis monies because of the Federal stance on pot. The Federal Law prohibits banks and credit unions from taking cannabis business related monies.

http://www.pewtrusts.org/en/researc...juana-businesses-still-cant-get-bank-accounts

BBM
Sessions would have a field day.

Isn't a new thread started after 1000 posts [give or take]?

Just wondering.

Since its slow, I just want to toss this out and get some opinions. DeWine's bid for governor happens in November. I have often wondered if he may use this for political gain as the time nears. It would certainly put a feather in his cap if there were arrests before the election. Anyone else think this is a maybe?

Since its slow, I just want to toss this out and get some opinions. DeWine's bid for governor happens in November. I have often wondered if he may use this for political gain as the time nears. It would certainly put a feather in his cap if there were arrests before the election. Anyone else think this is a maybe?

I wondered the same thing. But if this case goes unsolved you know his opponent(s) will be using it against him.

As horrible as that sounds, I'd put nothing past a politician. Especially if they find that this was directly targeted at the R family, and no one else was in danger.

He is a career politician. Any more I wouldn't put anything off limits for politicians to do for votes. Most are now me first, party second, and constituents a distant third...

Something is going on behind the scene. Wish I knew what, but it is just to quiet. I've been to other sites and nothing is going on them either. Their still pulling in drug addicts and Brown Co brought in some "human trafficers". Could they still be working off the "tips" they receive?

Oh and Pike Co Immates is back up. Noticed a Gorman, Tacketts, Jones and others listed.

Something is going on behind the scene. Wish I knew what, but it is just to quiet. I've been to other sites and nothing is going on them either. Their still pulling in drug addicts and Brown Co brought in some "human trafficers". Could they still be working off the "tips" they receive?

Human trafficking in Brown County? That's interesting, not in a good way. We have no way of knowing if its related to the Rhoden murders. Sad to see that happening and makes you wonder how widespread it is? Calls to mind the investigations into the dead and missing women from the Chillicothe area.

Human trafficking in Brown County? That's interesting, not in a good way. We have no way of knowing if its related to the Rhoden murders. Sad to see that happening and makes you wonder how widespread it is? Calls to mind the investigations into the dead and missing women from the Chillicothe area.

Human trafficking is everywhere. I'm not a sheltered person by any stretch of the imagination, however it has apparently stretched into our little neck of the woods. I was a bit surprised to be honest.

A person with a felony warrant out of Pike County arrested in Darke County.
The Special Response Team (SRT) from the Darke County Sheriff’s Office made several attempts to get the man to come outside before deploying flashbang grenades and tear gas inside the home. After still receiving no communication from the subject, SRT members entered and began a search for the subject, who was thought to be armed. He was located at approximately 7 p.m., where he was taken into custody for a felony warrant out of Pike County, according to DCSO Chief Deputy Mark Whittaker.

After the house was cleared, detectives began the search of the property for the alleged stolen firearms. Possible charges are pending results of the search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryopanda