OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have removed a lot of posts that were either off topic or personalizing in nature. stick to discussing the case at hand. Do not personalize or bicker.

Anyone else noticed that Google Maps has updated the Piketon area? I just went there to measure some distances on UHR and the trailers are no longer on the map view.

Per Google maps data is is saved 1 to 3 years. That's the generic answer. Do you think with a warrant they could be forced to change the images? I did check my old house and it still has the the images up from a few years back.

IMHO

Per Google maps data is is saved 1 to 3 years. That's the generic answer. Do you think with a warrant they could be forced to change the images? I did check my old house and it still has the the images up from a few years back.

IMHO

It was updated, for Piketon, OH, on 4/25/2017. I just looked up my home address and it reads that it was updated on 4/12/2017. I can see our little mare now! :bud:

Anyone else noticed that Google Maps has updated the Piketon area? I just went there to measure some distances on UHR and the trailers are no longer on the map view.

They are updated in that area but not my area...

I wish that we knew why Dana was upset by a phone call at work, just before she left. That is too coincidental for me.

They are updated in that area but not my area...

Google Earth shows mine was updated in the satellite view, as of 4/12/2017, but my roadside view shows the date January, 2016. Both are new views of my property though.

Has JM had his final day in court over his charges? Was he sentenced? There seems to be no activity on the murder cases. At least nothing made public that I have seen....

Has JM had his final day in court over his charges? Was he sentenced? There seems to be no activity on the murder cases. At least nothing made public that I have seen....

I think it all went into the Pike County Grand Jury, whose proceedings are secret.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2017/05/22/rhoden-evidence-tampering-court-today/102003386/

Supposedly, that's where some other relevant cases are now being handled.

ETA: The charges against JM were dropped.

Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk said the move is not uncommon.

"Manley is out on bond anyway. All the preliminary hearing would have done would have subjected the investigators to questioning by the defense,'' Junk said in a text message. "That's not something we were going to permit at this time."

Boulger said if the grand jury indicts his client, he then will start the discovery process -- which would likely force the state to unseal the warrant and the affidavit related to the tracking device.

"The affidavit is where the juice is,'' Boulger said. "They have done all of this behind closed doors.'"

An affidavit is a statement that authorities must provide to a court stating their probable cause, which usually includes facts they have developed, in order to get a warrant.

Should have realized it would be a secret like everything else...
The way this case is being handled makes LE look bad. I watched an interview where two family members stated that LE wasn't guarding the warehouse where the crime scenes are stored. The interview response by the sheriff was confirming that he didn't have men posted like before. However, the way he replied made it seem as if it was being watched anyway even if you couldn't see men posted. What your thoughts on this?

Sent from my NXA8QC116 using Tapatalk

The way this case is being handled makes LE look bad. I watched an interview where two family members stated that LE wasn't guarding the warehouse where the crime scenes are stored. The interview response by the sheriff was confirming that he didn't have men posted like before. However, the way he replied made it seem as if it was being watched anyway even if you couldn't see men posted. What your thoughts on this?

They could have remote video surveillance but I doubt the monitor is being watched 24/7...

Should have realized it would be a secret like everything else...

What I also find odd about Rob Junk's grand juries:

JM is being questioned (possibly other members of the Manley and Rhoden families)
Some of the people busted in the recent raids in Peebles are being questioned
But the Wagner family hasn't been called to testify

JMO, they're doing a surgical investigation. If the prosecute anyone, it will be small players in the game, not the big fish. As JM's attorney says, once they bring charges, the attorney can ask to see their files during discovery. Junk, DeWine, et al are going to try to make sure there's nothing in their public files that references any of the big players.

They could have remote video surveillance but I doubt the monitor is being watched 24/7...
It figures. It doesn't look too good for the LE. It makes me wonder how they handle other cases.

It figures. It doesn't look too good for the LE. It makes me wonder how they handle other cases.

The Rhoden Family Massacre is one of the biggest murder cases in Ohio history. One of the biggest in the US. Local LE and BCI have no experience in handling a murder investigation of this magnitude, especially when it may involve organized crime. Their refusal to let the FBI and DEA assist means this case is doomed. There's no way DeWine, BCI and PCSO know how to manage this case. It's been mismanaged from the start. Very unprofessional.

I agree. I did a search and the family had people sign a petition to bring in the FBI. I doubt it will do them any good

I've been away from the forum for 5 weeks after I got a new cell phone and couldn't remember my WS password. I've gone half crazy not being able to check in here twice a day like always.

Its unbelievable how little new information there is. No leaks, nothing. This case has been on my mind every single day since the Rhodens and Miss Gilley were hunted down and murdered. It is good to see you guys are still here making sure their lives are not forgotten.

Well while we wait and wait. Here's my summary of what I know so far, and this is JMO's.

We have/had a close family with 3 children, 4 adults, 2 "legal" adults, and one 16 year old. Parents were divorced, but seemed to be reconciling. It was "complicated". They seemed to be living in separate residences. Households also contained 3/4 grandchildren and ?many dogs for protection/pets? Mother and children had all been living together next door to father for how long? Eldest son's girlfriend/fiance also lived there with them.
A month prior to the murders, father purchased new property, down the road from his property. Cash down payment of 30,000 with 30.000 owed. In March 2016, mother, pregnant daughter, 1 grandchild and 16 yr. old move to new property. Eldest son, gf and 1 grandchild remain in the trailer, with cousin of son living with them? Cousin moves out about a week before murders? Father and his cousin remain in the other trailer on the property. Brother of Father and partner in "businesses" lives a few miles down from the rest of family.

Entire family has a reputation for strong, no-nonsense people, who take care of their own problems. But also "good hearted" and a "giving" family. Kept to themselves pretty much, and seemed to be "low-key" in the community of Piketon. Lived on a road that was "isolated" pretty much from the community.

Troubles we know the family was experenceing:

CRsr, KR, GR, FR and DR where all involved in "businesses" in some way. BR, and DS and other extended family members helped in some way? (cars, grow, etc) Manley family who lived very close by were also "helping" ? Some neighbors may have been "helping" also, and possibly "knew" what was going on. Some could have resented being "used".
CRjr was having trouble at school, fighting and getting into trouble. Fight with kids at Mc Donalds parking lot? He and FR involved with a neighbor, resulting in injuries?

Dana and CRjr involved in altercation with RCA, resulting in restraining order againest RCA . Her arrest for assault on CRjr.

Custody battle between JW and HR over Soph. Possible fight between CRsr and BW a couple of weeks prior to murders ? Maybe CRsr and BW had been business accosciates and best friends? But trouble between their children ended it?

A lot of jealousy in extended families over CRsr's supposed "wealth" ?

Grandfather CR arrested and convicted for "child molestation" supposedly to a minor family member. Anger toward CRSr and family for being involved in his early release from prison.

Drug cartel involvement, has it been ruled out by local LE who have stated " killers are local"?

Family on "alert" last couple of weeks, patroling properties and roads?

Well while we wait and wait. Here's my summary of what I know so far, and this is JMO's.

We have/had a close family with 3 children, 4 adults, 2 "legal" adults, and one 16 year old. Parents were divorced, but seemed to be reconciling. It was "complicated". They seemed to be living in separate residences. Households also contained 3/4 grandchildren and ?many dogs for protection/pets? Mother and children had all been living together next door to father for how long? Eldest son's girlfriend/fiance also lived there with them.
A month prior to the murders, father purchased new property, down the road from his property. Cash down payment of 30,000 with 30.000 owed. In March 2016, mother, pregnant daughter, 1 grandchild and 16 yr. old move to new property. Eldest son, gf and 1 grandchild remain in the trailer, with cousin of son living with them? Cousin moves out about a week before murders? Father and his cousin remain in the other trailer on the property. Brother of Father and partner in "businesses" lives a few miles down from the rest of family.

Entire family has a reputation for strong, no-nonsense people, who take care of their own problems. But also "good hearted" and a "giving" family. Kept to themselves pretty much, and seemed to be "low-key" in the community of Piketon. Lived on a road that was "isolated" pretty much from the community.

Troubles we know the family was experenceing:

CRsr, KR, GR, FR and DR where all involved in "businesses" in some way. BR, and DS and other extended family members helped in some way? (cars, grow, etc) Manley family who lived very close by were also "helping" ? Some neighbors may have been "helping" also, and possibly "knew" what was going on. Some could have resented being "used".
CRjr was having trouble at school, fighting and getting into trouble. Fight with kids at Mc Donalds parking lot? He and FR involved with a neighbor, resulting in injuries?

Dana and CRjr involved in altercation with RCA, resulting in restraining order againest RCA . Her arrest for assault on CRjr.

Custody battle between JW and HR over Soph. Possible fight between CRsr and BW a couple of weeks prior to murders ? Maybe CRsr and BW had been business accosciates and best friends? But trouble between their children ended it?

A lot of jealousy in extended families over CRsr's supposed "wealth" ?

Grandfather CR arrested and convicted for "child molestation" supposedly to a minor family member. Anger toward CRSr and family for being involved in his early release from prison.

Drug cartel involvement, has it been ruled out by local LE who have stated " killers are local"?

Family on "alert" last couple of weeks, patroling properties and roads?

One thing that has been noticeably missing, at least to me, is any mention of the cousin BR any where. No mention he had been interviewed, that he lived in or nearby the crime scenes, nothing. No public comment or interview with him, either. Did he move because he was asked to? Did he fear what might happen?

As far as "cartel" involvement, they can have local members to monitor/police what is happening in the area. I just can not believe a couple local people did this and was able to leave no evidence to catch them unless, it did not happen as portrayed. Only accurate times of death would prove that it all happened in a few hours time. Those times are likely in the autopsy reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove