OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #34 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Paragraph One: Ok, now I see your way of thinking and seems very logical to me. I would not be surprised to learn one day that your conclusion is correct. In fact, I've read on so many old news sites today but I thought I saw that JW texted JM at 2 am on the night of the murders... correct? So, aside from HR, those two had a relationship after HR was no longer "seeing" JW. That 2 am text caused me to think quite a bit. I imagine LE knows what the text said and they didn't arrest JW but it has me very curious. (I suppose something as simple as "any weed around" or whatever... but, quite the coincidence as to timing.)
Paragraph Two and Three: Maybe closer to the time of the murders, LE hadn't connected a red truck to the murders (and if not the R family murders then whatever other murder it was connected to yet.)

There is also the fact that text messages don't always go through immediately. I have gotten text messages at a meeting telling me about the meeting. I have gotten them a day later in some cases. When they were sent may be more reliable info. but when they were received is not from my personal experience...

What we know as fact is le knows way more then we do . and they have stated their focus .

Child custody imo is no joke , espeacially when dealing with twisted individuals .
2 boys from that family of focus have custody of their children . How the hell does that happen in this day and age ? Unless mommy is some crack head heroin addict the man doesn’t have a chance in hell .
Dying your hair black day/ days before murder is shady af .
Packing up and moving to alaska is also .

Whenever the authorities are seeking a suspect from the public they ask “ have you seen any unusual changes in individuals ( dying hair ) moving , nervousness , drinking more the usual .....etc.

It is mo Angela w has a lot to do with this , but when all is said and done she will be charged with NOTHING . Because thats the way she rolls .

I was awarded custody of my then five year old daughter back in 1987. Her mother was not a drug or alcohol addict. JW getting custody was a given unless there was something really bad in his background. What happened with his brother getting custody was she gave up custodial rights for what ever reason.

It is possible that the owner (on the record) at the time of the murders had already sold the vehicle to JM and JM just did not title it in his name until later on. I am sure LE knows the answer to that.

I'm sure if that were the case and JM were the killer of the Rhodens, LE never would have dropped charges against him. Were he the killer (and I don't think he or any of the Manleys are) he have been tried, convicted and spending the rest of his life in prison by now. Unless BCI and PCSO are experiencing an unprecedented level of incompetence or confusion, that type of case (family murdering family) should be solved by now.

We're at 2 1/2 yrs now, going on 3. If this were family, neighbors or local yokels, it should have been solved by now.

pepper34,the following quotes relate to the point your making.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I agree and think this strikes very close to home.
<snip>
. "Wrong people" are known and may have been helped, with information from one or two other family members imo. (or they knew ahead of time and did nothing to stop it)

I have a couple of quotes below that were posted by amauet1. She is a local and her insights are so appreciated. A couple of places I did some slight paraphrasing to shorten a paragraph because this is so darn lengthy.
Amauet1 said:
The financial difficulties of many locals.Where the ruling hierarchy sell using land contracts knowing the people will lose it because of their poverty. And starting it all over again. Growing MJ, selling pills, heroin, meth and whatever the new drug will be. It's no wonder they can't figure out who did this! <snip>.

Wasn't it DR that did most of the online & auction paperwork for Scioto River LLC.I believe she was the only Rhoden who had an auto dealers license. Could threats to up her game from the local Boss Hog have made her fearful & that is why she asked for prayer online from the evil ones?

Remember Boss Hog is the puppeteer he can manipulate any or all of the locals any time he wants. Just stir the pot and sit back and watch your plan unfold. Remember there is a fertile local rivalry just waiting for you to sow seeds of discontent. Almost the entire branchs of many of the local families all beholden to you.Ah,I almost forgot to add judicial,political ,and of course almost unlimited fiancial power.

Ummm also didn't CRsr make several trips to Florida over the years?It seems coincidentally BM (the co-owner of the BBL)has a longstanding second home in Florida.
Amauet1 said:
Kinda reminds you of fake LLC's car's(i.e.Scioto River) and medical offices (i.e.Adams Health)or pill mills too.

Hey Dudly one of your posts nails that local campground as the ideal operation to launder dirty money! I think your right on.

Betty P; said:
Keep in mind, any time you have as large amount of drug trafficking that goes on in this region, there has to be some money laundering going on. How else do the dealers manage the large amounts of cash that are made from their sales? Put it in boxes and ship it by the truckload somewhere? Bury if in the back yard? Dirty cash has to be cleaned.

Quotes are from thread #31.
Thanks for reading. My Opinions Only

Last edited:
I was awarded custody of my then five year old daughter back in 1987. Her mother was not a drug or alcohol addict. JW getting custody was a given unless there was something really bad in his background. What happened with his brother getting custody was she gave up custodial rights for what ever reason.

JW was given custody at a time when he and his family were considered "laser focus" of LE in the murders of 8 people. He was allowed by BCI and PCSO to take his daughter, whom LE is "laser focused" on being involved in the murder of her mother, and move to AK. No questions asked.

Over a year after being named "laser focused", BCI and PCSO have done nothing, said nothing. W family are still living well in AK. The investigation appears to be dead in the water. How long will DeWine wait before telling PCSO it's ok to get rid of the Rhoden family trailers now in storage?

What we know as fact is le knows way more then we do . and they have stated their focus .

Child custody imo is no joke , espeacially when dealing with twisted individuals .
2 boys from that family of focus have custody of their children . How the hell does that happen in this day and age ? Unless mommy is some crack head heroin addict the man doesn’t have a chance in hell .

Whenever the authorities are seeking a suspect from the public they ask “ have you seen any unusual changes in individuals ( dying hair ) moving , nervousness , drinking more the usual .....etc.

It is mo Angela w has a lot to do with this , but when all is said and done she will be charged with NOTHING . Because thats the way she rolls .

Yes, they claim W's are their focus. The big question is, why are DeWine and BCI still sitting around, letting this case go cold? Why is the reward such a small amount? Why are they never in the news media reminding people of the need to send in information? Is DeWine's office still investigating the case? They are the ones in charge.

JW was given custody at a time when he and his family were considered "laser focus" of LE in the murders of 8 people. He was allowed by BCI and PCSO to take his daughter, whom LE is "laser focused" on being involved in the murder of her mother, and move to AK. No questions asked.

Over a year after being named "laser focused", BCI and PCSO have done nothing, said nothing. W family are still living well in AK. The investigation appears to be dead in the water. How long will DeWine wait before telling PCSO it's ok to get rid of the Rhoden family trailers now in storage?

I can not help but think there is something about those trailers that LE needs kept secret or they believe there is money hidden in one or more of them as rumored and it wasn't found... It would definitely be a reason to keep them from public if LE tore them apart looking for money... What would they have done if they were not mobile homes that could be confiscated? LE behavior on this case is just plain bizarre...

I have a couple of quotes below that were posted by amauet1. She is a local and her insights are so appreciated. A couple of places I did some slight paraphrasing to shorten a paragraph because this is so darn lengthy.

Wasn't it DR that did most of the online & auction paperwork for Scioto River LLC.I believe she was the only Rhoden who had an auto dealers license. Could threats to up her game from the local Boss Hog have made her fearful & that is why she asked for prayer online from the evil ones?

Remember Boss Hog is the puppeteer he can manipulate any or all of the locals any time he wants. Just stir the pot and sit back and watch your plan unfold. Remember there is a fertile local rivalry just waiting for you to sow seeds of discontent. Almost the entire branchs of many of the local families all beholden to you.Ah,I almost forgot to add judicial,political ,and of course almost unlimited fiancial power.

Ummm also didn't CRsr make several trips to Florida over the years?It seems coincidentally BM (the co-owner of the BBL)has a longstanding second home in Florida.

Hey Dudly one of your posts nails that local campground as the ideal operation to launder dirty money! I think your right on.

I have much suspicion of the BBL/RW/SRTC connections, and it is, in part, because it is the one thing, other than family, that they all have in common. All of them, in some form or fashion.

I don't think that DR had a dealer's license though, I think, that she was selling their vehicles, under SRTC, and maybe giving them a kickback on what was sold, and/or might possibly have shown cars, and listed them, for SRTC. She may have even worked out a deal that way, to put her cars, on their lot, but, based on the requirements for one, I doubt she had a dealer's license.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is very enlightening and depressing. I always felt, if it went high up enough, the murders would never be solved. The fact is, they might already be solved to those who have no intentions of revealing the truths and "chess pieces" have all been rearranged and the game goes on. It's possible CSr and DR simply tried to do a little freelancing on their own. Still, not a reason to justify any of this and would explain, imo, why I feel CSr and DR were made to talk before being killed. I see no other reason for shooting DR under her chin but that she was being "grilled for information." What's more, if I could just get into the old Threads I know I could find where we discussed, at length, that JM found his sister on the floor (not in bed, appearing to have died in her sleep) and he stopped when he saw her legs and went no further into the house. I've looked on news sites and so far have not found this but I know I didn't dream it up and I can't say where we got that information at the time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edited to add: Ok, I found it using a general Google search using "J (blank) M (blank), legs" and, surprise... up popped up Websleuth itself. I will link the page here. The statement about DR's feet or legs is hearsay (still don't know from what source) ... JM's wife said-- he said to her-- that he saw DR's feet (I remember "legs" but I have not read all of our entries yet.) Without reading all entries on this subject, for all I know, we may have only discussed the idea that "seeing her feet" meant she was out of bed. Plenty of review to do.
It is stated on news sites that JM saw his sister but I find no quoted comment from JM describing that experience.
OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #27

Last edited:
I have much suspicion of the BBL/RW/SRTC connections, and it is, in part, because it is the one thing, other than family, that they all have in common. All of them, in some form or fashion.

I don't think that DR had a dealer's license though, I think, that she was selling their vehicles, under SRTC, and maybe giving them a kickback on what was sold, and/or might possibly have shown cars, and listed them, for SRTC. She may have even worked out a deal that way, to put her cars, on their lot, but, based on the requirements for one, I doubt she had a dealer's license.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
... and, at the time when JR was still mowing the deserted properties after the murders, JR was living at a certain camp ground.

I can not help but think there is something about those trailers that LE needs kept secret or they believe there is money hidden in one or more of them as rumored and it wasn't found... It would definitely be a reason to keep them from public if LE tore them apart looking for money... What would they have done if they were not mobile homes that could be confiscated? LE behavior on this case is just plain bizarre...

BBM
Agree, but, this is one very bizarre case. It's one of the most bizarre I've seen in my lifetime, except for the Manson murders.

Who is the mother of GW’s child and how did he obtain custody? Sorry if I have missed that information somewhere but I have searched and can’t find out.

Very odd that two young men were able to move their children all the way to Alaska. I understand in JW’s case S’s mother is dead but how was GW able to gain custody of his child? And even if he has primary custody does the child’s mother not have visitation rights?

When I moved from one state to another adjoining state, total distance of 150 miles, I had to notify my child’s father through a court document that I was moving out of state. Even though he had left us and had not seen the child in the past 6 months or more, and I had full custody, I still had to notify him that I was moving. Then when he objected to my move, the court ruled that I had to provide transportation to make the child available for visitation.

BBM
Agree, but, this is one very bizarre case. It's one of the most bizarre I've seen in my lifetime, except for the Manson murders.

I thought of manson when reading suspects described as professionals. Some ppl are naturally stealthy.

“Creepy-crawling”

"They knew some rich people, mostly rock stars. And what they would do is try to gain entrance into their homes — a lot of times doors weren't locked or windows weren't completely shut. Then, while the people inside slept, the creepy-crawlers would stealthily rearrange furniture. They might put the dining room table where a living couch had been. And then they'd sneak out, knowing that when the people woke up and saw how things were different, rearranged, they'd know someone had been there inside and could have done anything they'd wanted — murdered them in their beds. And they'd also have no idea who these people were."

The most frightening thing about Charles Manson was that he 'never, ever was insane' | Arts | Dallas News

The day Bobby Jo Manley pulled up to the Rhoden family property in April 2016, she saw two pitbulls. One of them was plopped down in a recliner. There was something funny about that. The dogs didn’t usually stay outside.

Eight unsolved murders in Pike County, Ohio

IDK but if I had cameras & dogs I would probably feel pretty safe/secure. As far as the dogs go who ever approached CR’s and gained entry by invite/force & the dogs were outside then all the suspects had to do was drop/ throw some meat/food to them and they would probably be fine. Iirc there were camera/s missing which to me would tell the way the home was approached, if not all were taken.

The laser-focused Family is currently not living in AK. JMO

I have been looking back at quotes from Charlie Reader as I'm certain he made mention of "it" being in the trailer. Since the new EU law thingie I'm unable to view some of the links in media. I'm hearing him say it's not the pot, it's bigger than that and I've got this recollection of "it" is in the trailer. (my words as can't find where exactly this came from.

This "it" could have been money.

Apologies if this is a rerun, I didn't see it posted.

Ohio family mass killings could be 'professional hit,' expert says

Ohio family mass killings could be 'professional hit,' expert says

The brutal, unsolved murders of seven adults and one teen in Ohio in 2016 have the "aspects of a professional hit," an expert said this week.

Dr. Jennifer Murray's analysis builds on the results of an autopsy report released last week in the notorious slayings.
“It has aspects of a professional hit, but I don't think it was a cartel hit or anything like that,” Dr. Jennifer Murray, a mass killings expert and associate professor at Indiana State University, told WLWT-TV on Thursday. “They're not usually this cleanly done. Usually, you can see right away who did it.”

While the autopsies revealed members of the Rhoden family were murdered in a sadistic manner, Murray said professionals may have helped whomever was behind the slayings.

“It's two years later and they haven't indicted anybody. So they did a pretty good job and I don't think the average family typically knows how to do that. So there's a potential they may have hired someone,” she told WLWT-TV.

How long will DeWine wait before telling PCSO it's ok to get rid of the Rhoden family trailers now in storage?
As far as I'm concerned he's well out of time. DeWine has put the remaining family members through sheer hell and what has he gained? He's gained the pleasure of sitting thinking to himself smugly no doubt that "they won't get those dog eared old family photos, or any little trinkets that are worth not a penny but held so much family love and pride over the years". It breaks my heart and makes me cry to think of the photos of grandma that that the little ones will never see.

I did better stop there Betty as I think you've got my number on DeWine.

pepper I will come up with some links for you.Give me a bit of time because tomorrow is glaucoma surgery for stents in my left eye. Just hope my two kitties will recognize me when I come home! Ewww, I look umm a little like a drive-in movie low,low budget likeness of The Mummy.
I'm sorry, but I missed any previous information about <snip>so can someone take the time to quickly put the basics here? ... or let me know how to get into the old threads which I can't seem to a
I agree with you Sojour.
It is mo Angela w has a lot to do with this
Tabi W is the name I've seen. It would be interesting to learn how GW was able to get her to sign over parental custody rights for their son.
Who is the mother of GW’s child and how did he obtain custod
Oh,they must fancy themselves such cleaver rogues.One would almost think the W's are attempting to fly under investigators radar.:D
The laser-focused Family is currently not living in AK. JM

Just My Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members