OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #34 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree! Why massacre 8 over a child custody dispute...

I'm still wondering about all the secrecy, too. (confiscating and locking up homes and possessions, shutting off access to final AR's) Seems a bit over the top for this. Reminder that anything in those those trailers after they were moved to Hadsell Chemical is inadmissible as evidence, since the building and property where they were stored was not locked or guarded.

Well, the murders happened 2 1/2 years ago. I would think that they would at least have been bright enough to get rid of any evidence long ago. Hasn't their property probably been searched already, since they were at least persons of interest?
They mentioned a big piece of evidence that basically broke the case. It was found at the end of October. I wonder what the hell it is.

Smh and the father of the daughter of one of the victims is allegedly involved. Just wow.

No real wow for me. This happens every day here in gun friendly NRAmerica. The only thing that makes it different is that 8 people were murdered. Usually it's only the ex, and perhaps a couple of others unfortunate to be around at the time. In this case, the murders took place in multiple locations, and was obviously somewhat coordinated since more than just the father of the infant probably committed the murders themselves.

Grand Jury decision is just a formal accusation. Will be a long process. Four defendants accused of killing 8 victims, 2 others helping cover up.

Will take several years to get it to court (really?) Sounds like he's expecting some really high priced defense attorneys. Now explaining how they will still keep everything secret. For the next several years. :mad:

Good question, hope we find out. Hope they weren't saying that to cover sandbagging til after the election.

Up next Rob Junk. Oy.
It sounds like this arrest was initiated by the grand jury decision.

Had this simply been an indictment by the DA, I might share your skepticism.

DeWine adding there is no evidence that anyone else is involved. These are all allegations, assumed innocent. Will be prosecuted by Junk and special prosecutors under Dave Yost.
(Guess we won't get much more information for several years)

Oct 30 evidence was physical evidence. It didn't tip the case, it was just cumulative. Had no witnesses (yeah, that's usually the case, Mike) so they had to assemble all the pieces. Met with family members a little while ago.

It sounds like this arrest was initiated by the grand jury decision.

Had this simply been an indictment by the DA, I might share your skepticism.

The GJ was convened in July, assuming part of the overall timing. I live in OH. DeWine has been running this investigation, etc. from the first day. He would have had control over when GJ was convened, which charges were sought, etc.

ETA: Check our Media & Timelines section for links to the two Ohio Supreme Court newspaper cases to view the final AR reports. The depositions taken from the coroner and BCI investigators in those cases give a very good inside view of how the investigation was managed. BCI took over the investigation less than an hour after the 911 call. They intercepted the Coroner before he could even go to the crime scenes.

Grand Jury decision is just a formal accusation. Will be a long process. Four defendants accused of killing 8 victims, 2 others helping cover up.

Will take several years to get it to court (really?) Sounds like he's expecting some really high priced defense attorneys. Now explaining how they will still keep everything secret. For the next several years. :mad:
Going to be interesting to see how many, if any, will be tried together or if this will drag on forever with each one facing trial separately.

Well I was totally wrong. I never for one minute believed that these murders were committed because of a custody issue. Never once. And I was wrong.

Weren’t the words “played a part” in the murders used in the press conference? So there could be other reasons to, maybe related to some of their common “business”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member