OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #35 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wagners tried to set Manley up for the murders. There were numerous exchanges between Jake Wagner and James Manley's phone (it's unknown who was answering it as he allegedly left it in his truck at night) on the night of the murders.

That's a terrifying thought that one of the Ws could have been answering those calls from inside or around James' truck, if that is indeed what was going on. How terrible that one of the reasons one life may have been spared was that it came down to they needed a fall guy and were trying to set him up.

FW:
Subject of bond: Prosecution side saying they were advised there was a conversation at FW's home (with FW present) among those charged with murders about what would happen if anyone was arrested, revenge was discussed, mentioned Reader, Dewine as targets and a 3rd person (sorry I missed the name), sounded like it might be a prosecutor. FW has access to large sums of money. ETA her atty (James?) Owen argued her assets aren't liquid, it's all tied up in land, etc.

Bond set - Judge: $100,000 with 10% deposit. To be fingerprinted at Pike Co Sheriff's office. To have no contact with any members of victims' family. Will be under electronically monitored house arrest. Should not leave her premises except for consulting with her lawyer, medical appointments, however she must document in advance any reason to leave which must be approved. Must notify pre-trial services officer when she leaves. May leave for court hearing. Not to use alcohol or controlled substances, she may take prescriptions prescribed by licensed physician.

(Above is for FW. Got most of it but not all of it.)

Last edited:
Grandparent rights prevail when the parents are unmarried, or one parent is deceased.

According to the article, Grandparents must still petition the court for visitation rights. Or did I read that incorrectly/misinterpret it.

I think that the Rhoden's and Wagner's had a lengthy history- stemming back further than the time that SW was born. I had read in an article that both families were in 'business' together and that the Wagner's owed the Rhoden's a significant amount of money. I assume that there are several reasons as to why the Rhoden's were violently killed- I can't accept the fact that it is just custody of SW. I am hoping that we will hear more details soon.

Do you have a link for this article?

That's a terrifying thought that one of the Ws could have been answering those calls from inside or around James' truck, if that is indeed what was going on. How terrible that one of the reasons one life may have been spared was that it came down to they needed a fall guy and were trying to set him up.
I also agree that the Wagner's used JM as a pawn- Dewine stated that the Wagner's had provided false information and lied numerous times.
The extensive lies led LE to criminally charge JM and place the GPS device on his truck- which, of course, was later dismissed.
Another theory I have about the whole JM situation, is that LE possibly placed the GPS device on the truck, after maybe catching wind that JM would retaliate?

Hearing is live

Grandmothers accused of cover-up in Rhoden slayings appearing in court

The state had requested a $200,000 bond for Wagner, saying she made false statements to an investigative grand jury and discussed her testimony afterward despite a judge not telling her to discuss it with anyone. Prosecutors also said they had a confidential source who claimed to have been at Wagner's home during a conversation in which some family members plotted revenge in the event they were caught, and discussed how they could escape.

Wagner was released on $100,000 bond, also on house arrest.

Last edited:
They may be trying to keep them fairly far apart from each other, and at locations that they can keep them segregated from general population. Limit the chances they can get info to and from one another.

They may also have a security nightmare on their hands. I can't imagine they'd be too popular in the county jail (in future, in the prison) population. There are probably many reasons why they are being held in separate locations. But that's likely another consideration.

RN: prosecution recommending $200,000 cash surety. Emphasis on her lying under oath.
If she posts bond, recommend she have no contact with Rhoden, Manley or Gilley families.

Her atty: her source of income is SS disability. This lady is a grandmother. Has worked hard all her life. Has been a school teacher and over the road truck driver. No risk of flight. First 3 counts of indictment appear to be duplication. Not charged with any violent crime. Recommends signing her own bond.

Judge: asks her address. Dickens Hill Rd, Oak Hill, OH. RN states she has an elderly mother, very sick, stays at her mom's most of the time. Judge says his intention is to place her under electronic monitor/house arrest. RN gives her mother's address. Court sets monetary bond at $50,000, will permit cash surety or 10% deposit. Will be under electronically monitored house arrest at (her mother's address?) in South Webster, Ohio. To be put into Pre-Trial Services program. Can leave for medical emergencies, lawyer appointments, medical appointments. Must clear everything with Pre-Trial Services officer. Must keep Pre-Trial Services officer advised of her current address. With exception of medications prescribed by licensed physician for her, not to consume alcohol or controlled substances.

(That's all I got for RN)

Was hoping FW's bail would be higher, she'll post that with no problem, but she's got a lot of power and sway I'm sure. IMO, she's guilty of more than she's charged with. The other granny may have a problem coming up with her's, unless FW pays it.

RN: prosecution recommending $200,000 cash surety. Emphasis on her lying under oath.
If she posts bond, recommend she have no contact with Rhoden, Manley or Gilley families.

Her atty: her source of income is SS disability. This lady is a grandmother. Has worked hard all her life. Has been a school teacher and over the road truck driver. No risk of flight. First 3 counts of indictment appear to be duplication. Not charged with any violent crime. Recommends signing her own bond.

Judge: asks her address. Dickens Hill Rd, Oak Hill, OH. RN states she has an elderly mother, very sick, stays at her mom's most of the time. Judge says his intention is to place her under electronic monitor/house arrest. RN gives her mother's address. Court sets monetary bond at $50,000, will permit cash surety or 10% deposit. Will be under electronically monitored house arrest at (her mother's address?) in South Webster, Ohio. To be put into Pre-Trial Services program. Can leave for medical emergencies, lawyer appointments, medical appointments. Must clear everything with Pre-Trial Services officer. Must keep Pre-Trial Services officer advised of her current address. With exception of medications prescribed by licensed physician for her, not to consume alcohol or controlled substances.

(That's all I got for RN)

WCPO article linked above says Fredericka will be released on $100,000 bond and will be under house arrest with ankle bracelet monitoring.

Seems pretty lenient, IMO.

Wagner's defense attorney described her as a Sunday school teacher who has never before been charged with a crime, or even issued a parking ticket.

:mad:

I hope I'm wrong, but this isn't setting a good example for things to come.

I wonder who LE's confidential source is who was present at Fredericka's house when she and the other family members discussed getting revenge if they were caught? Someone who works for Fredericka? A family member? Interesting.

WCPO article linked above says Fredericka will be released on $100,000 bond and will be under house arrest with ankle bracelet monitoring.

Seems pretty lenient, IMO.

:mad:

I hope I'm wrong, but this isn't setting a good example for things to come.

Does anyone have a link to a picture of FW in the courtroom? The only one I see she's covered up, but there are multiple pics of the other granny. I missed the live hearing.

I honestly think it's very possible that once all of the evidence starts getting "out" and they get lawyer's that some plea deals might likely be made. This seems to be a classic case where a strong argument could be made for the death penalty if they are found guilty. If they're guaranteed life as opposed to death they might just take it. But then again the prosecution might not agree to it. It might also depend on the opinion of the victims families.

It's probably also likely that 1 or 2 might "spill their guts" and turn against the others to try and earn some sort of a lighter sentence.

I'm not at all certain that in this case the prosecutor will be inclined, or feel the liberty, to offer any plea deal. If the evidence is there, and if there is no other motive than child custody, I don't see the prosecution as having much choice but to move forward with DP cases. I realize that budget dollars are stretched nearly to the breaking point in almost every Ohio county. However, a "hang 'em high" mentality is extremely pervasive throughout the state when it comes to heinous crimes that affect children. People tend not to care so much about the dollars and cents when comparing LW/OP versus the DP imoo. I don't know if the prosecutor in that county is elected or appointed by the Sheriff. Imoo, the public outrage is so strong that this might be one of those cases where, despite personal opinion either way, the prosecutor feels obliged to seek the DP.

Does anyone have a link to a picture of FW in the courtroom? The only one I see she's covered up, but there are multiple pics of the other granny. I missed the live hearing.

Ask and you shall receive... In the linked article below

Pike County murders: Wagner, Newcomb plead not guilty to cover-up

Fredericka%20Wagner.JPG

Was hoping FW's bail would be higher, she'll post that with no problem, but she's got a lot of power and sway I'm sure. IMO, she's guilty of more than she's charged with. The other granny may have a problem coming up with her's, unless FW pays it.

That amount is nothing to her. That is the sale of one horse. I knew she would get out quickly :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
u3499