OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #35 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it was FW's husband, was his death imminent and expected? If so, could have been in an effort to relieve his conscious on his death bed, knowing there would be no retaliation that could be had. Maybe too far fetched...but at this point, not out of the realm of possibility either.

I just read where JW is facing a felony count for having sex with a minor, as Hanna was 15 at the time their relationship started, their child wasn't born til 3 years later.

I think she was younger than that when they started seeing one another. She just didn't become pregnant with S until around Feb. 2013. S was born Nov. 2013. I remember seeing a post on JW's FB, that his gf was going to be allowed to go to Florida, with him and his family. I think she was 14 at that time. Her bday was 4/7/1997.

This time around, I'm going to wait and see what is revealed. Its interesting to read others theories, but maybe they will release more information soon.

I am really hoping for more information. This has nearly driven me crazy over the past 2 1/2 years. Everyone close to me has asked me if I have seen the news about that case in Ohio that I've been following (and been nagging everyone about)!!

I am really hoping for more information. This has nearly driven me crazy over the past 2 1/2 years. Everyone close to me has asked me if I have seen the news about that case in Ohio that I've been following (and been nagging everyone about)!!

I recently quizzed a new acquaintance who worked in LE and trained with the DEA & FBI, 4 yr degree in Criminology, etc. He gave me some new insights, but yeah, 2 1/2 yrs of discussing this case with anyone who had a background or was from the area. The answers do come eventually and some will surprise you. They did in the Rebecca Zahau case, but it took 7 years.

Also agree these crimes were worse than the Manson murders.

Yes, you are correct. There is a procedure. I was granted g-parent visitation in Franklin County Ohio Domestic Court, if visitation is in the best interest of the child, and if a relationship has already been established. Then my son married the baby momma........my case was dropped. No more visitation!

I'm sorry. I have gp rights, but... that piece of paper doesn't seem to mean much to them.

Maybe it was FW's husband, was his death imminent and expected? If so, could have been in an effort to relieve his conscious on his death bed, knowing there would be no retaliation that could be had. Maybe too far fetched...but at this point, not out of the realm of possibility either.

Wow. Actually, I'm not sure that is all that far fetched at all!

Good thought! I'd heard he was sick. GB3's father passed on Aug. 2017 and AW's father passed Nov. 2017. One, or maybe both?

I've been transfixed with this case since 4/22/16 and like all of you, I'm elated with these arrests -- it's made my week. The wheels of justice have turned slowly for the Rhodens & HHG, but they're finally turning and headed straight for the Wags.

I'm mostly caught up on reading and wanted to share some thoughts.

In terms of motive -- I've always been skeptical that this was about illicit business competition or drugs - it just didn't make sense to me that anyone involved in the world of vice could benefit from the murder of an entire family, with all the inevitable LE attention that brought. Way more trouble than potential benefit. Robbery seemed like a possibility - maybe four places b/c they went from house to house to locate $$ - but there were a lot of pieces that didn't fit (the dogs not reacting, someone seeming to get the drop on Chris Sr. despite all his security precautions).

Now that we have some clarity it seems, as others have said, if money or drugs were taken it was likely a secondary benefit, not the primary objective. That said, remember the rumors that Chris Sr. had an empty safe in the back - it got me thinking, maybe each of the Wags had varying motives, with custody being the unifying one. I'm thinking here of George III and George IV, who were presumably were less invested in custody of SR or KR. The falling out b/w the Rhodens & the Wags was rumored to include a business break b/w Big George & Chris Sr. - so maybe for GWIII getting even & getting "his" was a primary motivator (i.e. George felt he got the short-end of the stick when the business arrangement fell through). For George IV -- some have questioned what could possibly have motivated him to commit murder for his brother -- I could see a potential payday being dangled in front of him to secure his cooperation.

But whatever else played a role, all signs point to custody being the primary motive. At Granny's hearing today, the prosecution said RH's forgery of the custody documents was “at the epicenter” of the case. As DeWine said following the arrests, "There certainly was obsession with custody, obsession with control of the children."

Given that reality, I'm inclined to agree w/ Molly - it sure seems like AW was pulling the strings:

AW was behind all the spin that JW gave to reporters. As another poster pointed out, AW was the one who became the primary caregiver for her grandchildren - given that JW was allegedly gone so much working. I could see AW being the one that provided the philosophical justification ("we have to save those babies from being raised by them") and being the one able to rally the two Georges to the cause.

AW was also the one who came up with the idea of JW asking for donations to cover legal costs of getting custody of SW:

Wagner won custody of his little girl last month in Pike County, he said. And while the ruling was not unexpected, the legal bills were. This week Wagner set up a account in an effort to defray the legal bills and other unexpected but associated costs. He didn't know about the website until his mother mentioned it to him. He said he didn't want to draw attention to himself or to his daughter, but also didn't see a way out of the debt he has incurred since the homicide.

"These were not expenses I was supposed to have. I was just supposed to be able to spend time with her and give her a happy childhood, she is only 2 1/2 years old,'' Wagner wrote on the page of the crowd-fundraising site. "Sophia and I are just asking for enough to settle the fees that we acquired due to the horrific tragedy to her mommy.
Rhoden case: 'Hate seeing my daughter cry'

This is obviously not a woman who feels shame - it strikes me as someone who has justified their heinous actions in their head. As others have suggested, like some twisted sense of Biblical/Hillbilly justice.

This is a family who is all about themselves. She was on one of the FB Group sites, and everything was all about; Her, them, what they'd suffered, how this had affected them, their farm and their things being searched, how much they'd helped LE, how their lives would never be the same.

I don't think I recall anything said, truly sympathetic toward the loss that the R, M, and G, families were suffering.

Again, that didn't make them guilty, but it did show, again, to me, that they were only concerned about how things affected them.

I wonder if those custody documents forged on 4-3-2016 could have been at the center of that altercation that occurred two weeks before the murders?

Remember LM saying that PCSO deputies were "snots"? Could it have been because PCSO looked at the forged documents that day and not realizing they were forged, sided with JW and let him take SW?

I, for one, am beginning to believe that HR did not let JW have SW that night. I think he came over to find out why DR wasn't home and took SW when he realized only HR and CR2 was there. I think that is why DR got the phone call that so upset her.

JMO
Never thought of this...I think you are on to something here!!

BBM

Fredericka Wagner is accused of lying to the grand jury in July 2018. Prosecuting attorneys said she also discussed her grand jury testimony when she was barred from doing so. They asked for a high bond, noting she had access to a large amount of money.

Her attorney said Fredericka Wagner has "lived as close to the cross as anyone can". He said she'd taught Sunday school for years and never had so much as a parking ticket. He went as far to say she was more innocent than the people sitting at the prosecution's table, which drew a smirk from one of them.

I am surprised it didn't draw an outright laugh from everyone in the courtroom.
Oh my lands! Close to the cross??? I don't think so!

I wasn't shocked because I knew in my heart long ago that the W's did this and why they did it. But I was stunned at the amount of time they put in stalking the R's to learn their habits.

If indeed they killed KR because he went to CR1's home to shower before leaving for work every morning then that means the W's had to be watching CR1's 24/7.

In other words if KR arrived at 5:00 AM every morning then the W's had to be sitting out side the property to know that. In the wintertime to boot since the R's were killed in April. That took some dedication to their goal. Just imagine one or more of them sitting in a car watching those houses all night long waiting for lights to go out and for KR to arrive. Maybe taking notes. DR's place too. DS's erratic movements must have given them fits given his "I was supposed to stay the night with KR". And he was right, had he stayed he would have been victim #9. DR working that double was a huge problem for them. It makes me think that JW ran over there to pick SW up at 10:30 PM just to get the scoop from HR as to why DR wasn't home yet.

One thing I never thought about in all this time is if KR arrived every morning at 5:00 AM to shower, maybe CR1 left the door unlocked for him so he wouldn't have to get up and open it that early.

Also the W's buying a "Bug detector" bothers me. They would not have used it to try to detect "bugs" in CR1's or the other homes. That would have been something they bought to try to detect "bugs" in their own homes or vehicles. Did they think the R's had planted a "Bug" or listening device in their home or vehicles? Were they really that paranoid? What were they afraid of? Just something to think about while we wait for answers.

I really hope their trials are televised but I am not sure what channel i could get them on. I will have to rely on those of you in Ohio to give me the info on it.

JMO

I thought it was said they used cameras to spy on the Rhodens. Maybe game cams or something. If Chris Sr.'s cam had internet acess, they may have hacked it...

Collateral damage...

Agree, on GR was, especially with CR1 being deceased longer. He may have come walking in on them, or, GR and KR, may have been part of the attempt at "hindering" LE. They may have tried to make it look like a drug hit. There's weed at KR's and at CR1's, so let's make this look like a business deal gone bad.

I don’t think I can post the brothers FB? He has not been arrested or mentioned at all. He had a falling out with his family years ago and started his own horse farm. Kinda why I wondered if he’s the informant? I kniw him and FW through horses.

I can’t copy and paste the farm Facebook for some reason? Might be because I’m on my phone. Put flying w farm Ohio and when you see the one with a horse and rider it’s the correct page. Their members are talking about it.

I feel bad as there is another flying w farm that people mistook for FW. They issued a statement that it’s not them. They have different logos
Interesting!

He didn't find out that baby wasn't his until after the murders when the paternity test was done. He was pretty sure it was his but he was wrong.

I think it was custody, drug deals gone bad, jealousy of the Rhodens and greed.
I'm sorry. I have gp rights, but... that piece of paper doesn't seem to mean much to them.
Can't you file contempt?

This is a family who is all about themselves. She was on one of the FB Group sites, and everything was all about; Her, them, what they'd suffered, how this had affected them, their farm and their things being searched, how much they'd helped LE, how their lives would never be the same.

I don't think I recall anything said, truly sympathetic toward the loss that the R, M, and G, families were suffering.

Again, that didn't make them guilty, but it did show, again, to me, that they were only concerned about how things affected them.

Just toxic through and through! What is with toxic families in the news this week?! Following this and the Watts family slaughter case simultaneously is enough to scare a soul.

I was wondering how much time HMR spent with the W's, before breaking with JW, did she live with them? And how often did the R and W families get together for social events, the way families do when they become related by marriage and a grandchild.

Maybe there was dislike on both sides in those interactions, like between AW and DR. People have strong opinions about how other people live. Bad feelings could have been heightened because of the way the breakup happened, possibly the perception that HMR was rejecting all the W's, and them blaming the R's for encouraging her to leave or something. So that the crime meant SW would no longer be tainted by any association with those hated people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat