OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #35 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may have been stated elsewhere button someone tell me what the final reward money was in this case?

(I know there was $10k originally, then a businessman offered and pulled his offer for $25k. I think the number crept up from that $10k but not how much higher it went.)

Thanks!

A $11,365 Crime Stoppers reward would be paid for any information that leads to the apprehension of suspects and a conviction in the case.

Rhoden family massacre: Autopsy reports indicate one victim was awake when fatally shot

I was thinking....... suppose JW was infuriated that the newborn was, in fact, not his child?
Does anyone know how long JW and HR were in a relationship? I would love to know the reason as to why they broke up- it must have been bad.
I personally think that the motive for the murders runs deeper than just a "custody battle." By the horrific way they were killed (overkill), it exhibits much hatred towards the Rhoden's. I am sure that custody may have been part of the motive, but I am certain that there are other factors. Only time will tell.
I was just speculating that maybe the newborn not being JW's child, may have fueled more rage?

I do not know why they broke up, but, I think the CG was a rebound, and she really didn't love him, then found CH, who I think, she did care about, a lot. It seems that she went from being ready to marry him.

Per her Twitter;
They started seeing each other on 8/27/2010.
S was born on 11/18/2013.
They had planned to be married on 8/27/2015.
On 10/24/2014, she makes a comment;
When you think you can trust them and not second guess them... (Did he cheat? )
On November 7, 2014 she gets some wheels. She is 17 1/2. (Wheels equal a whole different world.).

------ Whatever happened, I think, happened between this time period 11/2014 & May 2015 --------

In May of 2015, HMR begins to see CG. She is 18.
On 9/21/ she has an ultrasound. It's still on CG's FB. Based on the ultrasound date, she became pregnant the last week of July. (Note: Do we even know for sure that JW was in the running or was that part of the plan? Who would kill a woman sleeping by a child that he suspected may be his own? )
She and CG split, and she and CH begin to date. The rest is history.

Could you elaborate on the incident you're describing? The law in Ohio is that an unmarried mother has full custody until a court rules otherwise.
Lawriter - ORC - 3109.042 Custody rights of unmarried mother.

LM told about an incident a couple of weeks before the murders in which PCSO was called to the scene at CR1's house on UHR. LM elaborated on the incident and called the PCSO deputies "a bunch of snots" presumably because they sided with JW and the W's. He also said that the W's (BW and JW) had come there trying to get HR to sign over her parental rights and that was what the confrontation was about.

It has been rumored, and I stress rumored, because there has been no verification, that BW and CR1 engaged in a fist fight in which CR1 apparently won.

I have been speculating today that maybe HR did not willingly let JW take SW the night of the murders, but that he just took her when he arrived and found out that DR was still at work. If that is a fact it may have been influential in the decision to carry out their murderous plan that night since it was certain CR1 would be coming after JW the next day. The W's would have known that JW didn't stand a chance against CR1 if 6'6" 300 pound BW couldn't get the best of him.

JMO

I've been transfixed with this case since 4/22/16 and like all of you, I'm elated with these arrests -- it's made my week. The wheels of justice have turned slowly for the Rhodens & HHG, but they're finally turning and headed straight for the Wags.

I'm mostly caught up on reading and wanted to share some thoughts.

In terms of motive -- I've always been skeptical that this was about illicit business competition or drugs - it just didn't make sense to me that anyone involved in the world of vice could benefit from the murder of an entire family, with all the inevitable LE attention that brought. Way more trouble than potential benefit. Robbery seemed like a possibility - maybe four places b/c they went from house to house to locate $$ - but there were a lot of pieces that didn't fit (the dogs not reacting, someone seeming to get the drop on Chris Sr. despite all his security precautions).

Now that we have some clarity it seems, as others have said, if money or drugs were taken it was likely a secondary benefit, not the primary objective. That said, remember the rumors that Chris Sr. had an empty safe in the back - it got me thinking, maybe each of the Wags had varying motives, with custody being the unifying one. I'm thinking here of George III and George IV, who were presumably were less invested in custody of SR or KR. The falling out b/w the Rhodens & the Wags was rumored to include a business break b/w Big George & Chris Sr. - so maybe for GWIII getting even & getting "his" was a primary motivator (i.e. George felt he got the short-end of the stick when the business arrangement fell through). For George IV -- some have questioned what could possibly have motivated him to commit murder for his brother -- I could see a potential payday being dangled in front of him to secure his cooperation.

But whatever else played a role, all signs point to custody being the primary motive. At Granny's hearing today, the prosecution said RH's forgery of the custody documents was “at the epicenter” of the case. As DeWine said following the arrests, "There certainly was obsession with custody, obsession with control of the children."

Given that reality, I'm inclined to agree w/ Molly - it sure seems like AW was pulling the strings:

I think it was all about getting total control of children, and JMO, the puppet master was AW.

AW was behind all the spin that JW gave to reporters. As another poster pointed out, AW was the one who became the primary caregiver for her grandchildren - given that JW was allegedly gone so much working. I could see AW being the one that provided the philosophical justification ("we have to save those babies from being raised by them") and being the one able to rally the two Georges to the cause.

AW was also the one who came up with the idea of JW asking for donations to cover legal costs of getting custody of SW:

Wagner won custody of his little girl last month in Pike County, he said. And while the ruling was not unexpected, the legal bills were. This week Wagner set up a account in an effort to defray the legal bills and other unexpected but associated costs. He didn't know about the website until his mother mentioned it to him. He said he didn't want to draw attention to himself or to his daughter, but also didn't see a way out of the debt he has incurred since the homicide.

"These were not expenses I was supposed to have. I was just supposed to be able to spend time with her and give her a happy childhood, she is only 2 1/2 years old,'' Wagner wrote on the page of the crowd-fundraising site. "Sophia and I are just asking for enough to settle the fees that we acquired due to the horrific tragedy to her mommy.
Rhoden case: 'Hate seeing my daughter cry'

This is obviously not a woman who feels shame - it strikes me as someone who has justified their heinous actions in their head. As others have suggested, like some twisted sense of Biblical/Hillbilly justice.

LM told about an incident a couple of weeks before the murders in which PCSO was called to the scene at CR1's house on UHR. LM elaborated on the incident and called the PCSO deputies "a bunch of snots" presumably because they sided with JW and the W's. He also said that the W's (BW and JW) had come there trying to get HR to sign over her parental rights and that was what the confrontation was about.

It has been rumored, and I stress rumored, because there has been no verification, that BW and CR1 engaged in a fist fight in which CR1 apparently won.

I have been speculating today that maybe HR did not willingly let JW take SW the night of the murders, but that he just took her when he arrived and found out that DR was still at work. If that is a fact it may have been influential in the decision to carry out their murderous plan that night since it was certain CR1 would be coming after JW the next day. The W's would have known that JW didn't stand a chance against CR1 if 6'6" 300 pound BW couldn't get the best of him.

JMO
I'm aghast that sheriff deputies would "side" with a non-custodial parent. Expecting a mother to voluntarily sign over her parental rights is very unrealistic. JMO

I'm not at all certain that in this case the prosecutor will be inclined, or feel the liberty, to offer any plea deal. If the evidence is there, and if there is no other motive than child custody, I don't see the prosecution as having much choice but to move forward with DP cases. I realize that budget dollars are stretched nearly to the breaking point in almost every Ohio county. However, a "hang 'em high" mentality is extremely pervasive throughout the state when it comes to heinous crimes that affect children. People tend not to care so much about the dollars and cents when comparing LW/OP versus the DP imoo. I don't know if the prosecutor in that county is elected or appointed by the Sheriff. Imoo, the public outrage is so strong that this might be one of those cases where, despite personal opinion either way, the prosecutor feels obliged to seek the DP.

I'm not a proponent of the death penalty, but this is one of the most evil, horrific, murder plots, I've heard about since Manson. These people are evil incarnate. I have no pity for any of them, if they seek the DP.

Someone talked. Finally. And to think this was all discussed at Grandma's house. I hope she gets the max jail time.

Revenge on who? Maybe people were right to be scared.

Grandmothers accused of cover-up in Rhoden slayings plead not guilty - WCPO Cincinnati, OH

BBM

A judge set Wagner's bond at $100,000 and Newcomb's bond at $50,000, both with a 10 percent option. He placed both women under house arrest at their respective homes and said they can have no contact with members of the victims' family.

The state had requested a $200,000 bond for each of the women, saying they lied to an investigative grand jury. Prosecutors also said Wagner discussed her testimony afterward despite a judge not telling her to discuss it with anyone, and that investigators have a confidential source who claimed to have been at Wagner's home during a conversation in which some family members plotted revenge in the event that they were caught, and discussed how they could escape.

Wonder if it was GW3's sister? That's who was in the truck with him when he was caught in Lex, I do believe. I think that she is the farm manager too.

I'm thinking RW was most likely the informant, who else would have been in FW house when they were discussing such crime related activities? I think she saw the writing on the wall and was probably pressured by authorities to do so. IMO

Perhaps they planned to commit the murders that night, but Dana working overtime threw things off a bit. Maybe they killed CR1 then realized Dana wasn't home yet, so they had to hold off finishing the job. In an effort to figure out why she wasn't yet home, JW stopped by and kindly offered to take S for a few nights so HR could tend to her newborn. While picking up S, he casually inquired about Dana and HR says she will be home very soon. I think it's possible they originally planned for S to be there, knowing she would be handed over as soon as the crimes were discovered. Clearly, this child was viewed as property. Nothing they did was out of unconditional love that normal parents have.HE

they did have the forged custody papers ready before the murders. And CR1 may have been killed slightly earlier than the others. Jmo

Yes, Robin W is the daughter who is the "farm manager." Her facial features are almost identical to her mother's. (Geez can't believe I just typed that...but true! I saw her in the courtroom live feed and was transfixed by just how much they look alike. Wish I could put a side by side for comparison...but tech is hard for me.)
Now ready for a really far out theory? RW could be the confidential informant. 1) Sister was running the farm until her brother "BGWIII and his brood" returned from Alaska 2) BGWIII and his wife and sons bring scrutiny, suspicion and public glare back on the farming business...not good! 3) If "Mama goes down, all is lost." And thinks, "Not gonna let that happen!" So, "Sis" contacts LE and lets them know what you have heard in the office.... Mama gets her hand slapped, BGWIII & family get taken off to jail. 4) Farm resources are not handed out to BGWIII (and his dependents)..... after all, who was with him when he was arrested......bet these words were spoken, "I just want my life back to the way it was."
(And if any of you say "it was the butler" who is the confidential informant... I can't disagree either, cuz I am just speculating. Bring on the theories!!!) BTW, the first clue was that the informant knew the "important names".....

BUBM
I'm so psyched about a CI!! I agree, I think it was the sis. It appears that she is in her mid 50s, never married, and has always lived at the farm. She is the middle child. GW3 is the youngest. Everyone went crazy. She wants her life back.

I'm aghast that sheriff deputies would "side" with a non-custodial parent. Expecting a mother to voluntarily sign over her parental rights is very unrealistic. JMO
We all discussed this at length right after LM's interview. We too were stumped as to why PCSO would side against HR and the R's in favor of the W'S. We speculated at the time it was because of granny's money and influence in the area.

But we now know the W's had a forged custody document. It's possible that document stated he was the custodial parent.

JMO

BUBM
I'm so psyched about a CI!! I agree, I think it was the sis. It appears that she is in her mid 50s, never married, and has always lived at the farm. She is the middle child. GW3 is the youngest. Everyone went crazy. She wants her life back.

I don’t think so. She would have to know FW would get out on bail. Then what?! Would be really hard to live with someone you turned on. RW would have to be very dependant on FW. Plus I would think FW would figure it out.

I’ve been watching the other brothers FB page. Radio silence

I'm not a proponent of the death penalty, but this is one of the most evil, horrific, murder plots, I've heard about since Manson. These people are evil incarnate. I have no pity for any of them, if they seek the DP.

I just hope they give the jury(ies) plenty of choices because I don't want to see another trial outcome like the one held in Orlando, FL with the Pinelas County jury.

JMO

BBM
Honestly, after seeing GW3, I don't think that this fist fight happened, like we've heard. CR1 still had sutures in him from a couple of surgeries, and was 5'11 and 232#. GR3 is 6'6" and 237#. GR3 is a big man. It may have been more posturing, yelling, and threats. GR3 didn't have to worry about showing CR1 any fake custody documents, or fighting him, and LE getting called by someone. He already had a plan in motion to kill him. The only thing they needed those forged documents for, Imo, was to get S across the Canadian border.

I don’t think so. She would have to know FW would get out on bail. Then what?! Would be really hard to live with someone you turned on. RW would have to be very dependant on FW. Plus I would think FW would figure it out.

I’ve been watching the other brothers FB page. Radio silence

Please post a link if you don't mind.

Now that the 4 Wagners, plus the 2 grandmas have been arrested, it's ok to post links to their social media accounts.

I was thinking....... suppose JW was infuriated that the newborn was, in fact, not his child?
Does anyone know how long JW and HR were in a relationship? I would love to know the reason as to why they broke up- it must have been bad.
I personally think that the motive for the murders runs deeper than just a "custody battle." By the horrific way they were killed (overkill), it exhibits much hatred towards the Rhoden's. I am sure that custody may have been part of the motive, but I am certain that there are other factors. Only time will tell.
I was just speculating that maybe the newborn not being JW's child, may have fueled more rage?
I just read where JW is facing a felony count for having sex with a minor, as Hanna was 15 at the time their relationship started, their child wasn't born til 3 years later.

BBM
Honestly, after seeing GW3, I don't think that this fist fight happened, like we've heard. CR1 still had sutures in him from a couple of surgeries, and was 5'11 and 232#. GR3 is 6'6" and 237#. GR3 is a big man. It may have been more posturing, yelling, and threats. GR3 didn't have to worry about showing CR1 any fake custody documents, or fighting him, and LE getting called by someone. He already had a plan in motion to kill him. The only thing they needed those forged documents for, Imo, was to get S across the Canadian border.

This time around, I'm going to wait and see what is revealed. Its interesting to read others theories, but maybe they will release more information soon.

Finally the dog question... that endless dog question is answered as to why the dogs didn't bark. Any dogs who didn't know them from earlier in time could easily be won over on one of their many trips out to the properties to spy and set things up. I will say I still have many questions about Kenneth though.

Last edited:
Please post a link if you don't mind.

Now that the 4 Wagners, plus the 2 grandmas have been arrested, it's ok to post links to their social media accounts.

I don’t think I can post the brothers FB? He has not been arrested or mentioned at all. He had a falling out with his family years ago and started his own horse farm. Kinda why I wondered if he’s the informant? I kniw him and FW through horses.

I can’t copy and paste the farm Facebook for some reason? Might be because I’m on my phone. Put flying w farm Ohio and when you see the one with a horse and rider it’s the correct page. Their members are talking about it.

I feel bad as there is another flying w farm that people mistook for FW. They issued a statement that it’s not them. They have different logos

According to the article, Grandparents must still petition the court for visitation rights. Or did I read that incorrectly/misinterpret it.
Yes, you are correct. There is a procedure. I was granted g-parent visitation in Franklin County Ohio Domestic Court, if visitation is in the best interest of the child, and if a relationship has already been established. Then my son married the baby momma........my case was dropped. No more visitation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat