OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #35 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pike County is strapped. They are gonna need help from somewhere.

Rhoden family slaying investigation, upcoming trials stretch tight Pike County finances

The Rhoden homicide investigation cost the county between $500,000 and $600,000. "We got about $140,000 from the state, but the rest of it has been a general fund expenditure," Beekman said.

Now come the trials. That process began Thursday with arraignments of two of the six people charged in the case. "The first estimate has been, with everything from the appeals and whatever, you're talking $2-4 million at a minimum," Beekman said.

Pike County is one of the few Ohio counties without a jail. That caused financial woes even before six people were arrested and charged in the Rhoden family killings.

Pike County contracts with Butler County for prisoner housing, usually about 50 at a time for $60 per person per day. It's a 140-mile roundtrip. The cost this year will be $1.6 million.

I had a request to copy and paste this article, I hope I am allowed to do this on this site? I think this is important to read.

The arrogance in the quotes from Jake and Angela- just totally beyond belief. In my opinion.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cincinnati.com/amp/85231530

No family members interviewed by the Enquirer have seen Kylie or Ruger since that mournful morning.

They have missed Kylie's first coos and maybe even Ruger's first steps. Family members say they routinely call Pike County Children Services to check on them; they are told the babies are doing well.

But no one in the family knows where the babies are or with whom. They don’t know if the little cousins are together or apart.

Inside the Rhoden investigation: Scientists work with cops
Kylie's unanswered question

In the abyss of unanswered and seemingly never-ending questions, one answer may come soon for Kylie: The name of her daddy.

No father's name is listed on her birth certificate. Family and friends say her mom had been in three on-again, off-again relationships during the time in which Kylie was conceived. And two of those men said they will take paternity tests, perhaps as soon as this week, to determine paternity. They both want to raise the baby girl.

Jake Wagner, 23, said there's a 50/50 chance he's Kylie's father. He and Hanna Rhoden dated for nearly three years before they welcomed her half-sister, Sophia, now 2 1/2 years old. If Wagner is her father, that would mean her half-sister would become
her full sister.

And there is nothing Wagner would like more, he said, fondly recalling how he pulled the tiny sock off her itty, bitty foot shortly after she was born on April 17. He was checking for a hammer index toe: A Wagner family trait.

He's almost sure, he said, that he saw that bend. It's the hope he holds onto these days.

Chris Graves is the Enquirer's local columnist. You can reach her at cgraves@enquirer.com or on Twitter @chrisgraves. Carrie Cochran is a photojournalist at the Enquirer. You can reach her at ccochran@enquirer.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
quoting from KAYKAY on previous thread, "Her son broke off from her in the ponies (Bobby) and now owns SMHC horse farm in shade Ohio. The stories I could tell. I’m gonna write a book on it one day (my years in horses and all the crazy things that happened)"
Okay, KayKay!! You brought up the subject of Fredricka Wagner (I'm sure this is ok to post, because she has now been arrested) Try not to be shocked & confused....such a strange advertisement.
01 DOGS MAIN PAGE USE
Also look at the "puppy pricing $1800 to $2100 per" !! (Lots of money, buys lots of secrets....just sayin")[/QUOTE]

I wonder who was getting Social Security? I do not think that FW was throwing $$$ at them. From the overheads, and address records, it appears they lived in a home on the farm, and, later, the boys put a trailer there, for themselves, until they purchased the home on Peterson. Then the whole lot of them moved to Peterson.

Able bodied enough to commit mass murder but on social security and food stamps. Can afford a round trip to Alaska but get social security and food stamps. ( gas in the Yukon sold for $4.35 per liter. I might be wrong but I think there’s 3.785/ gal.

The trucks they drove suck gas or diesel. So a gallon of unleaded is $16.47. I can’t recall diesel but it was much more.
Mans they were pulling loads.

Can afford ammo

Electronics

Atvs

Horse involved excursions but on social security and food stamps.

Does anyone know why?

Last edited:
I heard the custody part but I was thinking the wrong people. I thought he meant the woman who was charged with slapping CRjr. I thought she was worried about custody of HER child because of the charges. She supposedly called DR and threatened her. I thought he meant she and her backers might have done the murders. In hindsight, he was right but he just didn't name anyone...

After watching the Daily Mail interview with LM, I thought that a child custody thing that he mentioned was a very possible motive given that 2 infants and a 3 year old were left alive. Also the road rage thing that LM mentioned didn’t seem very likely given the execution of the crimes would have required a lot of planning..

I really believe that this crime was made to look like something that it wasn’t. The perpetrators (probably the Ws) most likely were not counting on the AG’s office being called in almost immediately after discovery of the crimes. That decision by Charlie Reader probably preserved a lot of evidence that may have otherwise been compromised.

Okay, KayKay!! You brought up the subject of Fredricka Wagner (I'm sure this is ok to post, because she has now been arrested) Try not to be shocked & confused....such a strange advertisement.
01 DOGS MAIN PAGE USE
Also look at the "puppy pricing $1800 to $2100 per" !! (Lots of money, buys lots of secrets....just sayin")
[/QUOTE]

As a breeder of Cavalier King Charles of a litter of 5-6 I usually spend the average of one puppy for costs. Stud fees $500 to $2,000 Vitamins for , nutritional supplements for her food help insure healthy puppies and up to $150.00 per puppy for exams and 2 sets of shots. FW can save by giving shots herself. So it’s not all profit.

I can’t begin to accurately share horse vet bills farrier etc. even stud fees. But it’s all negotiable and every bit expensive.

Last edited:
Able bodied enough to commit mass murder but on social security and food stamps. Can afford a round trip to Alaska but get social security and food stamps. ( gas in the Yukon sold for $4.35 per liter. I might be wrong but I think there’s 3.785/ gal.

The trucks they drove suck gas or diesel. So a gallon of unleaded is $16.47. I can’t recall diesel but it was much more.
Mans they were pulling loads.

Can afford ammo

Electronics

Atvs

Horse involved excursions but on social security and food stamps.

Does anyone know why?

The SS/food stamps were much earlier, at the time of GW3's earlier brushes with the law, c.2001. They were clearly better off by the time of the murders.

Years before, in 2001, Wagner was the subject of a Pike County Sheriff's Office investigation after various power tools, dirt bikes and other items went missing from Eastern High School and from lumber, electric and hardwood stores

Deputies obtained a search warrant for the mobile home where Billy Wagner lived, in the 800 block of Bethel Hill Road, about 20 miles from the school.

They found power tools and other items identified as stolen in a shed and a red horse trailer parked on the property, according to court records.

During the execution of the search warrant, Wagner claimed he'd simply purchased the tools from two individuals. He asked if he could pay "some fine," a deputy wrote.

Thank you Ice. You are a sweetheart.

I had a request to copy and paste this article, I hope I am allowed to do this on this site? I think this is important to read.

The arrogance in the quotes from Jake and Angela- just totally beyond belief. In my opinion.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cincinnati.com/amp/85231530

No family members interviewed by the Enquirer have seen Kylie or Ruger since that mournful morning.

They have missed Kylie's first coos and maybe even Ruger's first steps. Family members say they routinely call Pike County Children Services to check on them; they are told the babies are doing well.

But no one in the family knows where the babies are or with whom. They don’t know if the little cousins are together or apart.

Some can't help but wonder if the babies will recognize them. Others wonder if whoever is caring for the babies shows them photos of their parents or talks about them.

Still others can't bring themselves to say it.
But it's there, just under the surface: What happens if investigators never solve the case, now headed into its seventh week with no known motive, suspects or arrests?

The system most certainly can't take the place of family,'' said Tracy Cook, executive director of ProKids. "There are just layers of complexities with a companion criminal case. The county is in the role of assessing any potential threats."

Having said that, though, doesn't make the situation any less painful, said Cook, whose agency advocates for kids in the child protection system.

Juvenile court judges and magistrates must weigh facts, must consider the needs of the children and then work to arrive at a decision that is in the best interest of the children. Often times, that means supervised visits with family members or coming up with creative solutions so kids like Kylie and Ruger don't lose complete contact with their family -- especially at such an early age in their development.

"There is no way these kids aren't traumatized,'' Cook said. "You are talking about bonds being broken ... That's the tragedy of the tragedy.

"I think the brutality of the reality is that these kids are without their families and the families are without the kids,'' she said.

"It's totally heartbreaking."

Inside the Rhoden investigation: Scientists work with cops
Kylie's unanswered question

In the abyss of unanswered and seemingly never-ending questions, one answer may come soon for Kylie: The name of her daddy.

No father's name is listed on her birth certificate. Family and friends say her mom had been in three on-again, off-again relationships during the time in which Kylie was conceived. And two of those men said they will take paternity tests, perhaps as soon as this week, to determine paternity. They both want to raise the baby girl.

Jake Wagner, 23, said there's a 50/50 chance he's Kylie's father. He and Hanna Rhoden dated for nearly three years before they welcomed her half-sister, Sophia, now 2 1/2 years old. If Wagner is her father, that would mean her half-sister would become
her full sister.

And there is nothing Wagner would like more, he said, fondly recalling how he pulled the tiny sock off her itty, bitty foot shortly after she was born on April 17. He was checking for a hammer index toe: A Wagner family trait.

He's almost sure, he said, that he saw that bend. It's the hope he holds onto these days.

But if he isn't Kylie's dad, and if the courts deem another man suitable to care for her, he will step aside -- at least partially.

"I'm not going to take her," Wagner said. "But I will want mandatory visitation in order to see her regularly."

He wants to ensure she gets to know her tow-headed big sister who loves tea parties, getting her fingernails painted and swinging and playing on the extensive play areas Wagner has built at their house. It's a home where Wagner once hoped Hanna Rhoden would come back eventually, bringing Kylie.

Regardless of what happens, Kylie and Sophia are now, and forever will be, at least half-sisters.

The girls share a bond: They lost the same mommy.

"They need each other,'' said Wagner's mom, Angela Wagner. "When they get old enough to understand, they will really need each other.

Charlie Gilley, 21, has never held Kylie. But he aches to, he said. He's seen pictures of her.

"Have you seen her photo? She looks just like me,'' he beamed. "Don't you think?"

He, too, has hired a lawyer. And just like Wagner, he is awaiting the material needed to have his DNA tested to establish paternity.

"It kills me every day that I can't see her. That she's with complete strangers. I can't stand the thought of it.

"I just can't wait to hold her," he said. "I know she's mine."

So is the man who might be Kylie's great-grandfather, Kenny Shoemaker: "Have you seen her nose? She's got my nose ... poor little thing."

Gilley and Hanna Rhoden had stopped seeing each other for about a month when she discovered she was pregnant using a store-bought test in the bathroom stall of a Wal-Mart.

He had wildly mixed emotions at the thought of being a father back then.

"It was scary. I was nervous,'' he said.

Hanna Rhoden and he "went our separate ways but I told her I'd be there for her."

He saw her occasionally, her belly growing bigger each time. In late September or early October, she sent him an ultrasound image of Kylie as a fetus.

Learning how to be a mom: Ruger's story

Gilley is so confident that he is Kylie's dad that he and an older sister, Meranda Gilley, have rented a four-bedroom house. They have painted it and fixed it up in hopes they will bring Kylie home one day soon along with Ruger Rhoden, he said. It's even near a daycare and not far from their jobs, he said.

Ruger's mom, Hannah Gilley, was their sister.

Meranda Gilley is also working with a lawyer in hopes of winning custody of her nephew, who was the light of her sister's life.

Hannah Gilley adored the baby and only once let someone watch him. She nursed Ruger and found leaving him nearly impossible, said her paternal grandmother Glenna Gilley.

"She absolutely adored him. He was just starting to sit up and crawl. She was so proud of him," she said.

Ruger visited her home with his mom and aunt on the Wednesday before the killings.

Hannah Gilley was "learning to be a mom" and doted on both him and his older half-brother Brentley, whom she considered her son as well.

Both grandparents worry the babies will forget them the longer the case drags out. They worry Ruger was having a difficult time adjusting to a bottle.

"Whoever has them, I just hope they show them picture of us," Glenna Gilley said. "I don't want him to forget us."

Tony Rhoden can't help but worry about that, too. And he vowed he and all the Rhodens will remain involved in their lives.

Recently, he made a special trip out to visit Samantha Robinson, grandmother of Ruger's 3-year-old half-brother Brentley. Brentley is the son of Frankie Rhoden and Chelsea Robinson, who is Samantha Robinson's daughter.

Tony Rhoden asked her if he can remain in Brentley's life.

"That day, we talked for hours. We cried and we laughed,'' Robinson said. "Mostly we cried."

Tony Rhoden told her he would be there for Brentley: "He said he'll be even closer to him now," Robinson said.

And she said she would never keep her grandson from his great uncles, aunts or cousins.

"I told him don't be scared about that,'' she said.

"We are family,'' she said, "And no one can change that."

Chris Graves is the Enquirer's local columnist. You can reach her at cgraves@enquirer.com or on Twitter @chrisgraves. Carrie Cochran is a photojournalist at the Enquirer. You can reach her at ccochran@enquirer.com.

I think the reason for all of the secrecy concerning the babies was the fear LE had that if the W's discovered where K was they would murder the caregivers and kidnap her.

LE knew they killed 8 people for custody of one child so I can well believe they were afraid they would kill more.

Someone who can do what the W's did are capable of anything.

JMO

The SS/food stamps were much earlier, at the time of GW3's earlier brushes with the law, c.2001. They were clearly better off by the time of the murders.

Obviously. But the million dollar question is who was better off? BW and AW or Jake and GW? Where did that money for all those ATV's, trucks and farm come from they owned in 2017 when they went to Alaska?

Jake is 26 so 17 years ago he would have been 9. GW would have been 10. Did BW and AW wait for their kids to grow up to put them to work so they could mooch off them? If so I can see why BW and AW would go along with anything Jake wanted. They owed him and was afraid if they didn't go along Jake might kick them to the curb.

Also I feel like child support may have been an issue in this murder. Once HR went to court to get a formal agreement Jake would have to pay child support. Maybe BW and AW couldn't abide him giving his money to HR instead of supporting them.

JMO

Dana’s Dad was fine perhaps you’re thinking CRSR?

I do believe this will be a very detailed well laid out prosecution case. Nothing left to chance and 95% of questions answered.

I also believe LE was told it was the Waggies the very first day. Six days later they had the first solid indicator. When those documents were first read they would have probably clearly thrown up red flags. The content may have revealed an educated author but one that lacked law school training. Secondarily the signature would have been examined.

Although LE “ran down” every lead “bug and small” most fall apart quickly. I think they had a very good idea early on, and took the time to be as thorough as possible.

I really credit Sheriff Reader for calling for help the morning of April 22, 2016. And to AG DEWine for authorizing every resource Ohio LE has to get to UHR. THE FEDS AS WELL AS I WOULD IMAGINE THE DATABASE for shoe prints and tires was utilized

To every Sheriff who contacted Sheriff Reader the first day, you guys are awesome. None of them knew that morning if there would be more bodies as a result of a drug war or exactly what they were looking at. They did one thing, their elected jobs. And if that means sending people, cars and helicopters that’s what each did. Because we that’s what Charlie Reader would have done for them.

Every person who touched this case did a hell of a job.

And in the end they got em.

FYI. I don’t live in Ohio. My dear Elderly Auntie does. But I live summers in a house about 5 miles from the WAGGIES Rental Home in Alaska.

BBM
This reply was in response to DR receiving a phone call that upset her at work the night of the murders. We've never established that as fact, only rumor. There was another rumor that has circulated that DR left work, and briefly attended a party, for a former co-worker, at another nursing home that she worked at previously, before going home that night. Rumor has it she seemed fine. Which one is true? Both? One? Neither? We just don't know.

I'll wager it was Angela and she has some fake physical injury from her time in the Air Force or when she briefly worked at the boot factory. She's a professional scammer.

Now we know why the Boot company filed charges against her and BW. They were probably stealing and selling the boots.

JMO

BBM
This reply was in response to DR receiving a phone call that upset her at work the night of the murders. We've never established that as fact, only rumor. There was another rumor that has circulated that DR left work, and briefly attended a party, for a former co-worker, at another nursing home that she worked at previously, before going home that night. Rumor has it she seemed fine. Which one is true? Both? One? Neither? We just don't know.

It is possible both are true. IF HR called her to tell her Jake took SW she would have been upset but also would have known SW was safe with the W's as they obviously would not have hurt her. So she might have went on to the party thinking she or CR1 would deal with the W's in the morning.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member