OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #35 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s with the shoes?

I joined this conversation after many things had been discussed.

There aren't many details in the indictments, but apparently there is evidence of them purchasing special shoes at Wal-Mart. Perhaps they were shoes they just wore that night, then threw away. If they left footprints at the crime scene, purchase records would have allowed LE to match the shoes with footprints. JMO.

I’m not so sure they were as naive as I first thought.

They did a decent job of covering up enough to require LE to do a 2.5 year Investigation.

They thought of the shoes

They monitored their computers, probably loaded spyware onto cell phones, and my guess they may have reverse programmed the cameras on their computers, I pads, and cell phones and monitored, read and listened into conversations. If I understand indictments correctly.

They knew work schedules, and enough that they knew Kenny showered at CRSR trailer before going to work.

If those trail cams/home security cameras wee recorded to a hard drive that was also linked to the Internet those could have been used to monitor every movement made on those properties.

They probably hired some talent but the skeleton of the plan was complex for backwoods hill billies to plan. I think one or more Waggies had a degree of skills and Angela was military. She and Grandma were the brains. I just don’t think FW GOT CAUGHT at her first involvement. FW has decades if life experience and probably a good sense of business and yes I believe computer skills attached to her business. Or maybe the decision was made not to charge her with the murders due to her age. Money wasted as she’d not survive to get through trial. Imo

IMOO, Angela's military experience was brief, occurred lightyears ago in terms of technology, and would have done very little by way of preparing her for this. A few binge watches of CSI would have prepared most well enough for the Wal-Mart purchases, and Google search and You-Tube vids can go a LONG WAY in covering the rest. I simply don't view anyone in this bunch of killers as anywhere near the brainiacs it seems they thought they were.

I had no idea that cell phone/signal jammers were even a thing.

I've seen them used in other crimes. Unfortunately, I'm sure their use will become more popular in multi-victim crimes, as most people have their cell phones within reach during waking hours, not to mention audio activated devices. (Echo, Alexa, Bixby, etc.)

Thanks, Betty P. Do you know if the charges are posted in the media/ timeline section of the thread? TIA

Yes! They're posted on pages 9 and 10, I think. Took me a while to find the links for the grandmothers' indictments to post as the Ohio AG web site didn't have them for a while. You can download them to your own computer, too. It's a lot easier as the indictments are very detailed for the killers and not all the same.

Media & Timeline NO DISCUSSION - Pike Co, OH 8 Family Members Murdered

ETA: For info about electronic jamming, surveillance, potential hacking, etc. check Counts 19 and 20 for the murderers.

The family of GWIII, including children and grandchildren, were living at 260 Peterson Rd, Peebles, OH at the time of the murders. Below is a link to a map showing the different locations.

Google Maps

I've looked at this map many times and still lean towards the murders actually being staged out of Flying W Farms. Maybe they started out there beforehand, then ended up at their home on Peterson Rd. Not sure. What do you all think?

ETA: KR's trailer wasn't at 799 Left Fork Rd, his home didn't have an address. He was actually a little farther east on LFR.

Updated map

Google Maps
Well BETTYP I think you are a sleuthing genius par excellence!! And no doubt solved an issue many have been asking ...."who was watching and where were GBIII and AW's grandchildren while this heinous massacre was being carried out"??? What if W's went to FW's house first, (and do their preliminary scouting, as they drove by Union Hill, dropped off 1st child....then realized they also had to get Jakey's child (out of harm's way)....remember he said, "Guess we missed (sic/paraphrasing here) it by a couple of hours." That was the time they needed to drive back to FW Ranch, drop off 2nd child with FW, get all their staged weapons.... "a couple of hours." It fits the time frame and matches your GOOGLE mapping. Hmmm, wonder what their alibi was for the evening....PERHAPS....something like,
we were having Friday(Thursday) night dinner with grandma at the ranch and stayed all night????
Just throwing out ideas until LE releases more info. Has anyone heard or read what alibi they gave for that evening??? edited because incident spanned Th &Fri before midnight, after midnight?

Last edited:
Exhaustive investigation leads to break in Pike County murder case - News - The Columbus Dispatch - Columbus, OH

When Billy Wagner was arrested at 1:18 p.m. in Fayette County, Kentucky, on Tuesday, he was reportedly hiding in the back of a Flying W Farms horse trailer.

This gets me. Kinda makes me chuckle. He's found "hiding" in a horse trailer. Such a big bad man. Hiding to avoid taking responsibility for his deplorable actions. He can slaughter people in the middle of the night, yet, can't face the day karma bites his sissy azz in the daylight.
Seeing him in court in his safety orange jumpsuit. No huntin for you, Billy Boy. Someone called it a "onesie". He's like a big Baby Huey.

There's a special something about opening one eye in the middle of the night and realizing you ain't dreaming, and, yes, in fact, you ARE in a cell trying to sleep on a flapjack for a mattress and a metal bed. Oh, and having a piece of tin foil for a mirror, so you won't do anything stupid. Probably explains his hair "do not do".
I hope and pray just one of them gets tired of waking up in a cold concrete box with bars and having their whole life dictated by someone else - with a gun, no less.
I been holdin that in for a few days. LOL

Baby Huey! Hair "do not do"! Oh your post made my morning MyTink! :D His 6'6" orange onesie wearin' azz ain't gonna be able to hide in that 6x9!!! :rolleyes: I hope he's claustrophobic. :p

Are the Wagners as stupid as they seem to be? What a mess they put themselves in. And for what?

Somewhat off topic

Despite all their "sophisticated planning" they were stupid enough.

FPS, Anyone who watches IDtv or other true crime documentaries KNOWS, "DON'T EVER buy any items you plan to use to commit a crime at WAL-MART".

They have great security camera coverage and tracking systems even when paid for with cash. The criminals are always eventually caught.

Since she's not a suspect at this time, we shouldn't be sleuthing her. It's not really fair to her. Perhaps LE will reveal more later.

I agree. She is a young protected innocent girl from a solid famiky and I regret mentioning her. I hope she is with her family and as far out of this terrible mess as possible. And I hope they are protected.

This case is incredibly unfathomable at best. And at worst the dregs of human behavior.

Every law enforcement team member can hold heads high with pride for the results thus far. I won’t be surprised at anything that is disclosed at trial.

Somewhat off topic

Despite all their "sophisticated planning" they were stupid enough.

FPS, Anyone who watches IDtv or other true crime documentaries KNOWS, "DON'T EVER buy any items you plan to use to commit a crime at WAL-MART".

They have great security camera coverage and tracking systems even when paid for with cash. The criminals are always eventually caught.

I really don’t think they believed LE would track that far. Nor do I think they believed the electronic tracking would be discovered.

The Waggies aren’t as simple minded people as I thought at first blush. I think everything revealed thus far leads me to believe they had it together.

I think they grossly underestimated the Community, Sheriff Reader, AG DEWine, BCI and every investigator on the team.

The country shivered in horror after learning 8 people, imperfect as they are known to be, could be executed in cold blood. All of Ohio lived it until the arrests were announced. It was to terrible to imagine and accept happening in Midwest America.

And hopefully if there’s any more to be learned. People will come forward a bit more assured.

Agree, I always assumed LE has that kind of equipment but I didn't realize it was commercially available to the public.

Checking online, it looks like you can purchase them, but it's a felony to use them.

Imo they shouldn’t be sold to public.

Oh yea. Go ahead and buy em.

Just don’t use em. Dumb.

I've lived in them too. We weren't the only ones living there either. You could feel everything, but you could also hear everything. EVERYTHING. o_O Someone gets up to use the restroom, you know alllll about it, a child runs across the deck, and you can feel vibrations. However, at some point, I seem to remember just sleeping through it all (except for tornadic weather). However, someone having to tinker with a door lock, or a thump through a window, would be a different sound. I swear, either the Rs didn't lock their doors, or I believe the Ws got hold of keys. I think JW stayed as friendly with the Rs, as possible, and was tolerated. He was the mole. I wonder if any of the deceased had "lost" their house keys leading up to this.
I believe they pumped knock out gas into their homes, that can be made from cooking bleach and cooling quickly, it would explain why know one tried to run!

Same thought I have had. Sister had two mobile homes and yes the floors do squeak, & they were new. I can’t imagine what an older old would sound like.

I still wonder how they made entry. When Christopher’s trailer was shown there were windows open. Jake was at Dana’s that evening & wonder if he unlatched/unlocked a window while there. As far as kenneth I still think he may have been shot through a window. As far as Frankie’s trailer ??
I think that Angela went to Kenneth camper laid in bed with him and shot him! He though he was getting a booty call..

I wonder if someone who strongly suspected the Ws put that poster there?

Good possibility, KyMamma!! I bet you're familiar with Crystal Rogers case, and her signs being removed. If it wasn't the Ws who put that poster there, they probably wanted to do the same, including tearing down that big billboard on 23!! ;)

I’m not so sure they were as naive as I first thought.

They did a decent job of covering up enough to require LE to do a 2.5 year Investigation.

They thought of the shoes

They monitored their computers, probably loaded spyware onto cell phones, and my guess they may have reverse programmed the cameras on their computers, I pads, and cell phones and monitored, read and listened into conversations. If I understand indictments correctly.

They knew work schedules, and enough that they knew Kenny showered at CRSR trailer before going to work.

If those trail cams/home security cameras wee recorded to a hard drive that was also linked to the Internet those could have been used to monitor every movement made on those properties.

They probably hired some talent but the skeleton of the plan was complex for backwoods hill billies to plan. I think one or more Waggies had a degree of skills and Angela was military. She and Grandma were the brains. I just don’t think FW GOT CAUGHT at her first involvement. FW has decades if life experience and probably a good sense of business and yes I believe computer skills attached to her business. Or maybe the decision was made not to charge her with the murders due to her age. Money wasted as she’d not survive to get through trial. Imo

BBM

Didn't the W's have a life? Hobbies? Job? Friends? Family to attend to, pay attention to?

I can't even spend an hour on this forum reading about the crime without being interrupted by work, hubby, pets, family, phone calls ect. How did they get enough time to watch the victims to the extent they did?

The level of dedication to their plan is what boggles my mind. The time they put in to set this up. They had to be dedicating most of their waking hours to planning and carrying out their plan. Didn't they get tired at some point and say "hey this is a lot of work. Are we sure it's worth it?" Or was it some kind of game to entertain some very bored people with no lives?

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member