OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #35 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I posted in the past, I suggested this "woman visitor" scenario (not with AW though because I didn't even know she existed at the time.) I would think AW would not be the one though... simply because I doubt she would have missed the trip to DR's house for the world. I now think KR was overwhelmed at his small place by at least "the 2 large" W's. Someone could have entered his trailer earlier in the day and removed his gun which was said to be right near his bed somewhere. I don't own a gun so I wouldn't know... do gun owners always check that their gun is still where they keep it at bedtime every night? If their house doesn't look broken into, don't they just assume their gun is where they keep it? At any rate, we don't know KR's habit regarding this. He may or may not have checked his gun placement every night at bedtime.
How would they get in, earlier in the day, when it was stated in articles that KR always padlocked his door from the outside when he left and wasn’t home?

This is an old article, but it gives lots (like long questioning at Canadian border) of info and pic's! And the comment section is a hoot, especially the 3rd one by H PBDY (left out the vowels).
Pictured, people in laser focus of multiple murder hunt | Daily Mail Online
I’ve driven border crossings into Canada into alasalka 2-4 times a year for 30 years. The Waggies were stopped several times getting to Canada. They were searched prior to crossing. I’m just about certain the Canadians didn’t empty everything to look as I’ve seen happen with an Alaskan Governor once. If they had anything in Alaska ias far as guns they were shipped federal firearms dealer to another federal firearms dealer in anchorage Kenai soldotna or Nikiski. All those shipments are tracked since 9/11.

I would also suspect on the trip they were followed both ways. Alaska’s a perfect place to dispose of something or anyone. But the waggies didn’t think of that.

Why did Rita Newcomb fake Jake's and George IV's signatures? It appears that the fake custody document was Angel's dumb idea and she hid it from Jake and her husband because she could have told Jake and George IV to sign it. Since Angela didn't have Jake and George IV sign it, her mom is now charged with 3 counts of forgery.
https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...ecutions/PikeCountyAdditionalIndictments.aspx

LM must have been worried that the Wagners could possibly murder some of his family next. IMO, he said what he thought was necessary to protect his family.

After something like these murders we would all have been sleeping in o e room with armed guards.

As in The Godfather we would have “ gone to the mattresses “.

Why did Rita Newcomb fake Jake's and George IV's signatures? It appears that the fake custody document was the dumb idea of Angela and she hid it from Jake and her husband because she could have Jake and George IV sign it. Since she didn't have them sign it, her mom is now charged with 3 counts of forgery.
https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...ecutions/PikeCountyAdditionalIndictments.aspx

I believe she wrote the documents and faked Hanna Rhodens signatures.

LM must have been worried that the Wagners could possibly murder some of his family next. IMO, he said what he thought was necessary to protect his family.

Yeah, he didn't have any idea who killed them, so didn't know what to expect or whom to avoid. He also likely knew that, since LE suspected JM and BJM of the murders, that none of them would benefit from any LE protection. Same goes for any other surviving family members. LE seemed very focused on family as the killers at that time and as a result, none of them had protection from the killers other than what they could provide on their own.

That's a terrible position to be in - 8 members of your family have just been slaughtered (in spite of guard dogs and guns) and you don't know who did it or whether they'll come after you. Meanwhile, LE is breathing down your neck to give them information you don't have and any little thing you say could bring the killers to your home next.

So in thinking about the timing, based on the indictment the W's were hacking up through May 2017, and IRRC that is about the same time LE announced they were "laser focused" on one family and asked the public to come forward with any dealings they had with them. I'm concluding there that LE's investigation in the 13th month identified the hacking and the W's as the source. They may have been the prime POI's before then based on LM's statements but it wasn't until then that LE announced it publicly so that seems to be the point in time they finally had more than "a hunch" that it was the W's and needed to get it out there so the public was warned and so the W's knew they were being watched (which ideally means they would not cause more harm).

Apologies if this has already been posted, but, these four (then two more), are diabolical, but being evil didn't mean that they were as smart as they thought they were. Again, I'm not a proponent of the DP but I'd not cry for these four if it should go that route.

They say the foursome used countersurveillance devices to search the Rhoden properties to see where video cameras might be recording their own movements or picking up their sounds.

Eventually, they went shopping.

According to the documents filed in Pike County Common Pleas Court last week charging each of the four Wagners with eight counts of aggravated murder and a host of other crimes related to the Rhoden family slayings on April 22, 2016, they either bought or built what they needed to carry out their plan. The documents indicate they bought special shoes at Walmart and "brass catchers," specially designed bags that connect to a gun and collect the spent shell casings. Prosecutors say they bought ammunition, gun clips and equipment to build their own silencers to muffle the blasts.

And it was that last bit of workmanship that investigators say proved key to their undoing.

During a news conference announcing the charges Tuesday, Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader said the killers had made a mistake: They had left behind pieces of the equipment they used to build silencers. And, after 2½ years of investigation, the final break came Oct. 30: Authorities recovered a silencer.

No one would say how or where, but Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine said that final piece of evidence was taken to the lab to be processed. Those results came back Nov. 7.

It could be possible that the CI helped LE in knowing when to strike, so that the four would not be together. Untelling how that would have ended had they all been together and the children with them.

Last edited:
BBM

Didn't the W's have a life? Hobbies? Job? Friends? Family to attend to, pay attention to?

I can't even spend an hour on this forum reading about the crime without being interrupted by work, hubby, pets, family, phone calls ect. How did they get enough time to watch the victims to the extent they did?

The level of dedication to their plan is what boggles my mind. The time they put in to set this up. They had to be dedicating most of their waking hours to planning and carrying out their plan. Didn't they get tired at some point and say "hey this is a lot of work. Are we sure it's worth it?" Or was it some kind of game to entertain some very bored people with no lives?

JMO

BBM
I've not seen where any of them have held a long term job other than off of trying to sell exotic pigs and short Beagles. Oh, and allowing folks to drive up and shoot one of the mountain goats, out of the herd they had on the Peterson Rd. land. Not hunt it, just drive up and shoot one, to put its' head on the wall. Real sporting...

From when I could still get on their FB, it seemed they had friends in AK, who had once lived around their area (the pastor and his family), but I don't recall a lot of others, except maybe the horsey set and the Rs.

The level of dedication was obsession. They had JW , who was probably being Mr. Super Nice Guy, so was still on fairly good terms and, it is said that he and JM had been friendly, and CR2 had liked him too. LM said he'd been to his home for holidays. I mean, the relationship had gone on for at least five years, he was possibly the father of HMR's next infant. They may not have been thrilled with him, but, I've heard they weren't thrilled with CH either but HMR was, and that would be her business.

Sounds like even TR was kinda taken aback;

“We just don’t know what to think,” said Tony Rhoden, who lost two brothers in the slayings and counted his nieces and nephews among the dead. “We’re just trying to process it all. It’s a lot to take in.”

Among those huddled with him was his mom, 75-year-old Geneva Rhoden, who lost so much that fateful day. David Dickerson, the victim advocate for Pike County who has been by the family’s side through the whole ordeal, said the Rhodens’ emotions were raw and roiling, but that they found an inkling of comfort in the fact that they had some answers.

“Miss Geneva especially,” he said, “is as tough as anyone I’ve ever seen.”

DeWine said evidence showed the Wagners started planning the homicides in January 2016, and that their apparent motivation all along was the children.

“There certainly was obsession with custody, obsession with control of children,” DeWine said. “This is the most bizarre story I’ve ever seen.”

Custody dispute played role in killing of Rhoden family, officials say

Angela is a sociopathic felon and felt too entitled to get a real job. Not having a job, she lounged in front of her tv 24/7 watching Forensic Files, Cold Case Files, Homicide Hunter, Unsolved Mysteries, Snapped, Dateline NBC, and American Justice. With lots of repetition, she learned skills just like a monkey.

Except monkeys share parenting tasks with their group's male and female members willingly once the baby is beginning to move about a bit independently. Monkeys know it takes a village to raise a child... the more love, protection and care the young receive, the better as far as mother monkey traits go. :)

How would they get in, earlier in the day, when it was stated in articles that KR always padlocked his door from the outside when he left and wasn’t home?

I really think a little trailer like that really wasn't that hard to get into. You could pop one of the windows and put it back down after leaving. I saw curtains in the window and they might hide any slight damage very well. I've lived in rental places where the windows were popped from the bottom with some sort of metal device. Until I lived there awhile, and wanted to wash the windows, I hadn't even noticed it at all.

Part of me is surprised none of DR's family was killed in the carnage. This leads me to think they were planned as possible scapegoats, or maybe only R homes were targeted and not LMs or JMs bc the routines there were better established. Or both.

Obviously LM thought he knew who was to blame. I still wonder about his odd comment about if they can live with it so can we. Huh? And we on't got no hatred in our hearts? More piqued at LE? Was he afraid of the bullies? Wondering why his peeps weren't targeted? Or if they'd be next?

What the diddley-flop happened? Were Ms that scared of these bullies or did they know what set off the carnage and didn't have no hatred in their hearts???

He tossed out several thoughts on whodunnit in those early days after the murders. Not just a custody thing. The comment about If they can live with it, so can we, is a common phrase in the region. It kinda means if you can live with what you have done, I can, b/c we have clean hands, this will come back on you one day.

The "got no hate in our hearts" is kind of a way of being able to live after a tragedy or a wrong. Hate will eat you up inside, and tear you down, while the person you are hating isn't harmed by it at all. Also, LM and JdyM, attend church, and it is Biblical that one is not to harbor hate in one's heart.

I remember several years ago there was some guy in a big city like New York that was tired of people being on their phones on the subway or bus and he was using something to block everyone's phones on the bus lol. He was caught of course. Crazy. But not as crazy as THIS case. My mind still can't believe the whole family was in on it.

Schools have used them for some time now too, K-12 schools that ban cell phone use.

Kenneth was a big man, have you ever crawl back into one of those camper beds, just saying it would be hard to carry someone back and place them in one of those beds plus who would Kenneth trust enough to get close enough to shoot him in the eye?

Surely not! Oh if she want that far as to start a secret relationship with KR... Nooo, can't wrap my mind around that one, but it's already so twizted that nothing would surprise me. I do think that someone went to the trailer, and he was getting read to turn in for the night, knocked and he said "come on in!", as it was a recognizable male's voice. They may have even said Hey, KR, I've got a flat up the road, can you help me out? And as he was getting dressed, they killed him.

I also think that, if true that it turned up in another's possession, the 1/2 of a necklace that an individual ended up with, was possibly a way that they were using to set that person up, as a part of the murders. It was said it was a very special locket, in memory of KR's late son.

Surely not! Oh if she want that far as to start a secret relationship with KR... Nooo, can't wrap my mind around that one, but it's already so twizted that nothing would surprise me. I do think that someone went to the trailer, and he was getting read to turn in for the night, knocked and he said "come on in!", as it was a recognizable male's voice. They may have even said Hey, KR, I've got a flat up the road, can you help me out? And as he was getting dressed, they killed him.

I also think that, if true that it turned up in another's possession, the 1/2 of a necklace that an individual ended up with, was possibly a way that they were using to set that person up, as a part of the murders. It was said it was a very special locket, in memory of KR's late son.

Recall, though, that the prelim autopsy reports stated KR's time of death was around the same time as most of the others. CR1 was the only one who appeared to have been killed before. Seems unlikely KR would have gone to bed so late at night (after midnight), especially since he was an early riser, getting up around 5 am. People have had a lot of discussions of alternate scenarios about KR's murder, but JMO it's pretty much the same as the others - he either left the door unlocked with his guard dog inside or someone got a key/picked the padlock.

I've never heard or read anything about a locket or necklace in relation to the Rhoden murders. Was that in the news or AR's or is it a rumor? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n.zajk0wska