OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #36 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like your dissection. Rather makes a lot sense when laid out this way, at least to me it does. To raise 2 dominant sons your husband would have to also be that way.
Personally, IMO, I can't see daddy Waggie being the spark to putting this together. But, I don't know if he's a "leader" personality and "Angie" a follower or if other way around.
I project we won't learn anything beyond what we currently know for about a year. I don't see the first trial to begin for at least 3/4 years from now. Lastly, I believe AW to have went to each trailer that had a child in it. And it was her who held each baby during the parents being shot, then child placed back into the bed. Too risky to be hyped up, shoot and aim perfectly with the hopes of no one moving. A baby would move around constantly by being jolted awake, then crying, their hands/legs moving about. I recall someone early on believed a woman to be involved and I think her part was this. JMO
You could be right about holding the children.

Hanna held all the cards regarding custody of SW. moo
After all, Jake had engaged in improper sexual contact with a minor.
She could’ve tied him up with criminal charges and caused issues with the family court if she wanted to. moo

She couldn’t be bullied or intimidated into signing over custody because she had the upper hand. moo

Devils Advocate on this. Since Rs had grow operations, *advertiser censored* fighting etc around children. That's is a strong case to get custody of S. I'm assuming Ws had similar operations, but have seen no evidence they did at this point.

I posted about the father, my next comment is about the mother. Some posters portray AW as a crime leader. Let me disagree.

One poster mentioned AW engaged in conversations in SM groups. Maybe she even came here, who knows! If this is true, she is either:
A) an arrogant and manipulative mastermind or
B) simply naive and manipulated

I am going with "naive and manipulated" and here is why:
1) her husband is uneducated, unsuccesful, a felon, bankrupted.
2) she became a felon too
3) her businesses were questionable
4) her home was decorated for men. This speaks volume to me.
5) she followed 3 adult men to isolation away from her friendship base.

She must have a low esteem of herself to stay in this position. One poster also speculated she was an active grand mother. I would believe it and even think her children and grand children were the only thing she had.

I look at how the two boys treated their wives. I expect the same from GW3. IMO, he had to marry a weaker woman. I would also bet his mother in law, RN, feared him too.

This is a crime against a mother and her family. IMO, the pattern started a long time ago in the family of the defendants. I expect her attorneys to play this card at some point.

I could be wrong, but given the nature of the crime, I doubt the parental influence could have worked in the other direction.

You make a valid point. The domineering relationship that JW had with Hanna Rhoden doesn't reflect someone raised by a domineering woman. As much as people discuss these things online, we really don't know how their family operates.

Devils Advocate on this. Since Rs had grow operations, *advertiser censored* fighting etc around children. That's is a strong case to get custody of S. I'm assuming Ws had similar operations, but have seen no evidence they did at this point.

Just to clarify, the Rhodens didn't engage in cockfighting. Frankie Rhoden raised the birds, but LE found no evidence of cockfighting on any of the properties. This was clarified much later in the investigation, but the old rumor persisted.

Hanna held all the cards regarding custody of SW. moo
After all, Jake had engaged in improper sexual contact with a minor.
She could’ve tied him up with criminal charges and caused issues with the family court if she wanted to. moo

She couldn’t be bullied or intimidated into signing over custody because she had the upper hand. moo

I also think her moving into that new home took away the last possible thing JW could have used against her in a custody battle. She was murdered a month later...

Anything is possible, living in Florida doesn't seem like a far stretch when you have lived in Alaska.

Yeah this piqued my interest and I did a search through Volusia County’s court records and it looks like this particular AW had her name changed to AF by 2000 and then changed to a different W last name by 2002.

Just to clarify, the Rhodens didn't engage in cockfighting. Frankie Rhoden raised the birds, but LE found no evidence of cockfighting on any of the properties. This was clarified much later in the investigation, but the old rumor persisted.

The same with dog fighting. That was ruled out later, too, but not in a headline making way.

Yea I wondered because no razor claws, baby boxing gloves(for practice), or steroids. Also, no practice pit. Rumor? I heard Dewine himself say evidence of cockfighting in early interview.

jmo i wonder why there isnt a account against these people for child endagerment ,, There was 3 children there at the time of the murders.
I Pray these kids have no memorie of what happened that day.
Everytime I read this, I get more bewildered. I haven't delved into the docs yet but have faith in you good people and don't understand.

Unless LE knows something about the babies' whereabouts at the time of the crimes. Yet still.. leaving them or placing them back at the scene would be just as criminal and almost as dangerous as shooting their parents lying beside them.

You make a valid point. The domineering relationship that JW had with Hanna Rhoden doesn't reflect someone raised by a domineering woman. As much as people discuss these things online, we really don't know how their family operates.

Abuse cycles, mental health/personality disorders are definitely one of the most intriguing topics re humans to me. We don't know and may never know. But, anything IS possible in some family dynamics.

Which reminds me.. thanks to the poster who posted the YT link about BPD. I worked in special education for years and witnessed what he explained daily.

I have family who was murdered and LE/Media put out "things" about them that was later discredited yet never went away. It is a sad thing for the survivors to contend with.

I also think her moving into that new home took away the last possible thing JW could have used against her in a custody battle. She was murdered a month later...

With my little knowledge from threads 35/36. I can see this too. Not to mention the crime JW committed with the actual conception of said child looming as well.

I would think though, if the age situation was a factor, did they not think about it coming out regardless.. after the mom was murdered in such a heinous way and custody would in fact be a major component of Sws life even if they were not suspects .

It's possible the video reporters agreed with each other to focus on different areas during the live feed so everything would be recorded. Not sure, just a thought.

Good point, I wonder if anyone focused on him during the HR indictment. That was just the one I wanted to see his reaction to, because my gut tells me he really did love her. And the feed I watched (WLWT) was on him for other indictments just not that one...oh well!

I look at how the two boys treated their wives. I expect the same from GW3. IMO, he had to marry a weaker woman. I would also bet his mother in law, RN, feared him too.

Great post, I'm not sure I'm on board with AW being a weak woman though, but definitely something to ponder. Do we really know how the two boys treated their wives/gf badly while they were together? Sure the relationships didn't work out, but there could have been other contributing factors (like maybe AW being too overbearing and controlling?) for that too. I've always heard "tacit knowledge" says men tend to marry women like their mothers and women marry men like their fathers. Certainly its not an "always" thing but I would say this does hold true in the majority of relationships I know. And I think its been shared that FW ruled the roost and a domineering woman, so it stands to reason GW3 married a woman much like her.

True, it was just a reading of the charges....EXCEPT...if one does the math on his age, HMR's age and the age of the toddler. It is pretty hard to overlook the charges of sex with a minor. And, I don't think any in vitro fertilization clinic impregnated a 15 year old. Ergo: "jurors further find and specify that the said Edward Jacob Wagner committed the said aggravated murder for the purpose of escaping detention, apprehension, trial or punishment for another offense committed by said Edward Jakob Wagner as specified in section" etc, etc, etc.
Hmmm, "for another offense committed by said Edward Jacob Wagner."

Will be telling if the indictments of the other 3 read the same way, if not you could be right on that. But also, I am still confused on how his lawyers could allow him to plead not guilty on that. Its not a matter of convincing a jury beyond a reasonable doubt, its literally a math equation. So now he has set the precedent with a jury that he is willing to knowingly plead not guilty when he knows it is a lie. Not starting off on the right foot with a jury IMO. Also, I think this charge, especially if he never pulled a trigger as some have speculated, will weigh on him, as if to say "they could all have a hung jury and get away with murder and I'll be the one in jail anyway...how is that fair!"

I thought it quite interesting they charged JW with that. First thing that came to my mind was "Wonder if they're adding that specific charge as an "in case all else fails" a jury could/would at least find him guilty of this charge." Don't know if laws there don't require someone to file those charges and LE can bring them.
CIA That charge is such an "outlier" compared to the other charges and only attached to "Jake"..... As I have said before, "Jake is the nexus for everything that occurred."
The prosecution, taking a lot of time and effort to include that charge (when there are so many more they can include) tells me it is not only important, but could make him a registered sex offender, and he would NEVER GET HIS DAUGHTER. It is the ultimate "gottcha Jake!!" (gotta luv it:))

IMO, he has raised by thieves and liars his whole life.....and I think he is yucky!!

Will be telling if the indictments of the other 3 read the same way, if not you could be right on that. But also, I am still confused on how his lawyers could allow him to plead not guilty on that. Its not a matter of convincing a jury beyond a reasonable doubt, its literally a math equation. So now he has set the precedent with a jury that he is willing to knowingly plead not guilty when he knows it is a lie. Not starting off on the right foot with a jury IMO. Also, I think this charge, especially if he never pulled a trigger as some have speculated, will weigh on him, as if to say "they could all have a hung jury and get away with murder and I'll be the one in jail anyway...how is that fair!"

Link to indictments for Wagners

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...cial-Prosecutions/PikeCountyMurderIndictments

Judge making same amendment to ORC item in Count 8 as was done in JW's indictment. Was a typo.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen the photos posted by Max Londberg on his twitter account? Londberg is a breaking news reporter at the Cincinnati Enquirer. I'm not sure if I can post photos or any of the photos. Photos from yesterday at JW's arraignment hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trailerguy68