OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile homes are cheaper, people buy the land and put them on there, it's cheaper than building or buying land with a home on them. You can buy a fixer upper, but it takes alot of money to fix up a home nowadays. It used to be cheaper, my grandparents would buy older homes fix them up beautifully, but materials, new wells and septic all became so expensive, they stopped doing it.

Right. You can basically chose between a crappy rental or crappy home, or a nice mobile home. In general.

Those swaths are indeed for powerlines. The problem I see with traveling along one is that they cross numerous properties and one might eventually encounter fences.

It is an intriguing possibility, though, because one of them does go from just east of Kenneth to just behind Dana with Chris & Frankie in between.

never seen them fenced cause the electric company rides them to work on them, it cuts down towards that camper location too.

Probably several reasons for this. It is likely they have always live this way and this is what they know. Another reason might be because people in rural communities (at least in my state) do not show they have money. They live below their means because it is almost sinful to sign signs of having money. Another reason could be to not show any sign they had money that couldn't be accounted for with employment. It would be a big tip off if they were spending money on expensive houses, etc. and also might give the IRS a reason to start looking into their business.

Thank you. These are all very logical reasons.

Because maybe he was scared that some very unsavory drug business people were still hiding in the other rooms of the trailer. I'm just trying to find reasons why he wouldn't have gone further in to check on Hanna, Chris Jr and a newborn.
Well you statement didn't seem to reflect you meant just this one thing.

In East Texas, everyone calls those clear spots "highlines" . And here they are like the high way for 4 wheelers and side by sides. Idk if it's that way every where tho.

Interesting. So one could travel along them without fences in the way?

Kenneth Rhoden - victim in this case resided in Piketon OH. Gary Rhoden was a visiting cousin from KY. Gary has a sibling who shares our Piketon victim's name. Adds to the general confusion.

I know. I was just wondering if he owned a home we hadn't found, maybe back by where his mama and other family lives. Remember we read about how she doesn't want to be buried in the family plot in Kentucky where she lives because a lot of her kids/grandkids will be buried in Ohio?

I guess my main question is -- when did he move into the camper? After the divorce? Do we know when that was?

never seen them fenced cause the electric company rides them to work on them, it cuts down towards that camper location too.

They are also mowed regularly to keep trees from growing. A fence wouldn't last past the first service on the lines or the next time it's mowed..

But his wasn't an RV (responding to 2 comments because you both said the same thing). RVs like the type that rock stars use are really nice, and very expensive. His was a 5th wheel - you can't drive it. It attaches to the back of the pickup truck. It is smaller and not as nice. (From what I can tell from the helicopter shots). I just wonder if anyone has any record of him owning a home somewhere. He did at one point have a wife and 2 kids.

Also, that camper he lived in is mobile, so how long had it been there? Is it possible to check Google Maps from 2015, 2014, 2013, etc. to see roughly when it showed up there?

Um, no. A motorhome is what you drive. A 5th wheel is an RV.

His own words. His story does not make any sense. We need more details from him. I don't think I am allowed to go into it further because I can't accuse someone that isn't a named POI.

But let me try by saying this... Watch the Fox 19 interview with him talking on camera and tell me what your gut says about his demeanor in that interview.

Then go read his quotes in the 2 Daily Mail stories about him. Think about his story. REALLY think about it. Why would he feel the need to say some of the things he said (without being asked).

ETA: By the way, before I saw that video interview with him, I trusted him. Seeing him talk changed my mind.

I've looked all over Fox 19 for that interview but can't find it. Do you have a link?

That makes sense.

And makes it even more intriguing as a route of travel between the crime scenes.

I didn't ask why they didn't have a "middle or upper class appearing lifestyle." LOTS of people live in the country but don't live in trailers. I just meant why didn't they buy nice little houses with brick foundations that won't blow away in a tornado. There is a phrase that describes people who live in trailers. EVERYONE knows that phrase. It is derogatory and offensive and sad. So why would anyone choose that lifestyle IF they could afford to buy a nice little house? They owned A LOT of land. Why not build a home on one of those pieces? It doesn't have to be flashy or expensive or even middle class. Just something SAFER to raise kids in. Again, I struggle to understand their life choices. I don't mean that at all in a judge-y way. I just honestly don't understand it when any when people choose to live in a home without a foundation but drive nice, moderately expensive cars. (People do that around here too. I see who live in tiny little houses who own Lambos or Ferraris. Makes NO sense to me.)

Because some people like it. Some people don't care what others think. Some people are perfectly content with life. Who cares?

Again, doesn't want to flash money with no paper trail.

I also have a grown child that I recently purchased a travel for. He has special needs and needs to be monitored. His trailer has a bedroom living kitchen and bathroom. It's actually quite nice. A lot nicer than the mobile homes I grew up in. I call it the guest house. We had a double purpose in mind though because we can use it to go to the beach or lake and don't have to worry about sleeping in beds at hotels that 1000's of other people have slept in.

Power companies typically frown on fences going across their right of way. Not that it doesn't happen, but I think encountering a fence would be unusual.
OT, bigfoots use those paths all the time- I saw it on TV.

lol, Bigfoot 2 times that I have seen on this post

And who cares if they lived in a TRAILER, oh horrors. Actually, it looks like Dana lived in a modular. I'd trade my mortgage any day. Maybe that's why they did it?

I forgot.. Didn't you say you were from Southern OH and familiar with country folk and the Appalachian culture?

No, I am from the suburbs of Cleveland. Lived for 5 years in my late teens/early 20s in the hill region north of Cincinnati. It was then that I came in contact with the people from Appalachian culture. Right after that, I moved to Cali. But I return to Ohio at least twice a year. I feel some allegiance to these people and this case, if only because we share the same home state. I still can't believe all the crazy crap that has happened in Ohio in recent years (Ariel Castro, Anthony Sowell - it's NUTS!).

No, I am from the suburbs of Cleveland. Lived for 5 years in my late teens/early 20s in the hill region north of Cincinnati. It was then that I came in contact with the people from Appalachian culture. Right after that, I moved to Cali. But I return to Ohio at least twice a year. I feel some allegiance to these people and this case, if only because we share the same home state. I still can't believe all the crazy crap that has happened in Ohio in recent years (Ariel Castro, Anthony Sowell - it's NUTS!).

Oxford is about as far from Appalchian culture as California.

I didn't ask why they didn't have a "middle or upper class appearing lifestyle." LOTS of people live in the country but don't live in trailers. I just meant why didn't they buy nice little houses with brick foundations that won't blow away in a tornado.

I live in Dixie Alley, the Southern Tornado Alley, many live in trailers here, especially in the country.

Why didn't my uncle take his sick dog to the vet to be put down instead of doing it himself?

Waste of money and his dog would be out of pain quicker if he did it then.

BTW, brick homes will blow away in tornadoes, on April 27, 2011 I ended up with the bricks of someone's house in my yard. Yes a home is safer and tornadoes scare me, I will always have a basement. These issues aren't important to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState