OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
never seen them fenced cause the electric company rides them to work on them, it cuts down towards that camper location too.

Around here it's not at all unusual to see folks on ATV, dirt bikes, etc using the pathway of the powerlines. I'm not sure it's legal, but under most circumstances I think it's a very low priority for both the utility company and LE.

We granted an electric company a right of way on our farm back in WV. Part of our agreement was that we could fence it off because it was part of our pasture. They just had to have access whenever they neeed it. Not sure if it's the same way in ohio. Plus, that right of way was probably put in way before the Rhoden's owned the property.

I know. I was just wondering if he owned a home we hadn't found, maybe back by where his mama and other family lives. Remember we read about how she doesn't want to be buried in the family plot in Kentucky where she lives because a lot of her kids/grandkids will be buried in Ohio?

I guess my main question is -- when did he move into the camper? After the divorce? Do we know when that was?
His mom lives in OH, he was Chris's brother.

Just tell me please what is a red flag to you.

You typed a lot of words but worked really hard to not answer my question..

Because I can't! LOL! I don't want to get put into time out!

No, I am from the suburbs of Cleveland. Lived for 5 years in my late teens/early 20s in the hill region north of Cincinnati. It was then that I came in contact with the people from Appalachian culture. Right after that, I moved to Cali. But I return to Ohio at least twice a year. I feel some allegiance to these people and this case, if only because we share the same home state. I still can't believe all the crazy crap that has happened in Ohio in recent years (Ariel Castro, Anthony Sowell - it's NUTS!).
Ok, I was confused then from the other day you saying you were from the area and knew what Donald Stone and others from the Appalachian culture mean by their rebel flags.

IF he walked out.. Why do you think he did?

There was a news article that said he did. Does anyone maintaining the media thread have that link handy? If not, I will go look.

Of course, the MSM has been getting ALL KINDS of stuff wrong -- so it is entirely possible they are wrong about this too.

There was a news article that said he did. Does anyone maintaining the media thread have that link handy? If not, I will go look.

Of course, the MSM has been getting ALL KINDS of stuff wrong -- so it is entirely possible they are wrong about this too.
Leonard said he found them, we don't know yet what happened.

My question was his reasoning for walking out in your opinion, if he did?

Last comment on sheriff and his comments on Rhoden family. I listened to the pressers again. First one he was asked about their standing in the community. He said they were members and he wouldn't comment on it, family is grieving etc.

Second presser, "Was law enforcement familiar with the Rhoden family prior to this event?"
Yes. We have a small county, we're familiar with most people.

"In terms of a criminal sense or in that..." (Cut off by sheriff)
I won't comment on that.
I have never been involved with that family in a criminal nature, and I've been in law enforcement locally for 20 years.

Because I can't! LOL! I don't want to get put into time out!

I see what you're saying, but I think sometimes people know more, but they can't say for various reasons. So even though they didn't do anything wrong in hurting anyone, you can tell they're holding back, which makes them look guilty of something.

And who cares if they lived in a TRAILER, oh horrors. Actually, it looks like Dana lived in a modular. I'd trade my mortgage any day. Maybe that's why they did it?

Well, like I said, it isn't safe. Every time you see tornado news coverage, it is usually people who live in trailers who die. They live in an area where tornados are possible. Personally, I would never put my kids in something that could be a danger to them if a tornado hit. But I am a total worry wart like that. (I replaced all our big high glass windows with thick plexiglass the minute we moved in because I was afraid they would fall on the kids in an earthquake).

Last comment on sheriff and his comments on Rhoden family. I listened to the pressers again. First one he was asked about their standing in the community. He said they were members and he wouldn't comment on it, family is grieving etc.

Second presser, "Was law enforcement familiar with the Rhoden family prior to this event?"
Yes. We have a small county, we're familiar with most people.

"In terms of a criminal sense or in that..." (Cut off by sheriff)
I won't comment on that.
I have never been involved with that family in a criminal nature, and I've been in law enforcement locally for 20 years.

I know, trust me it was political spin, I write politicial spin in my job sometimes lol.

Ok, I was confused then from the other day you saying you were from the area and knew what Donald Stone and others from the Appalachian culture mean by their rebel flags.

Ooooh, that was a story about my dad. He's not Appalachian. Just that side of my family grew up very poor in Ohio. Not in the country -- right outside of Cleveland -- but poor. Like where the Rhodens lived, it is in NO WAY the deep south. I believe that people in Ohio adopt the confederate flag from the south for pretty specific reasons, according to what I have seen from my dad's side of the family. That is all JMO, IMO, based on my personal experiences with the "redneck" side of my family. I really don't think we should get into a discussion about the confederate flag again though.

Leonard said he found them, we don't know yet what happened.

My question was his reasoning for walking out in your opinion, if he did?

I honestly have no idea. I was just trying to answer why he would. Listen, 90% of what I do here is just talk things out. I do not have all the answers! LOL!

His own words. His story does not make any sense. We need more details from him. I don't think I am allowed to go into it further because I can't accuse someone that isn't a named POI.

But let me try by saying this... Watch the Fox 19 interview with him talking on camera and tell me what your gut says about his demeanor in that interview.

Then go read his quotes in the 2 Daily Mail stories about him. Think about his story. REALLY think about it. Why would he feel the need to say some of the things he said (without being asked).

ETA: By the way, before I saw that video interview with him, I trusted him. Seeing him talk changed my mind.
I've been a bit suspicious of him from the get go. I can't find the link to the Fox 19 story though.

Is there a video interview with Donald Stone?
If so, where can I find it?
Thanks

Well, like I said, it isn't safe. Every time you see tornado news coverage, it is usually people who live in trailers who die. They live in an area where tornados are possible. Personally, I would never put my kids in something that could be a danger to them if a tornado hit. But I am a total worry wart like that. (I replaced all our big high glass windows with thick plexiglass the minute we moved in because I was afraid they would fall on the kids in an earthquake).
People generally don't have a real grasp on their own mortality.

Link to DS interview at post 689

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads