OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, you can say something about a person's demeanor, as long as you aren't accusing them of being involved in a crime. Saying that a person's demeanor is defensive, agitated, concerned, frightened, etc. is a-okay. Saying, "Brother Johnny looks nervous. I bet he killed Sue," is not okay, unless Brother Johnnie is a named suspect.

Very well put and correct.

Actually a modular home (not single wide) can be safer. Some large tornadoes will destroy everything. Smaller ones will clean the slabs of new subdivisions but pick up houses with traditional foundations and set them back down.

who cares , has nothing to do with any murder case

It seems like I never get caught up to post so by the time I do you may have already added this to the list.
I do the think the full moon was part of the planning. I don't live near Ohio, but I know that down here on the night of the April 21 the full moon lit up my whole backyard. I could see the whole backyard at 1am (22nd). Usually when I look out at that time i cannot see past the back porch from the darkness. I was really surprised by the light from the moon. Even if the murder/s are familiar with the property layout they would need some sort of light to get around. Flashlight could of given them away, but IMO the light of the moon was all they needed and part of the plan. IMO

This kind of thinking is why I created that list! I never thought about it before, but perhaps they weren't waiting until HR got out of the hospital as some have suggested. Maybe they were simply waiting until the night of the full moon!

have all the funerals been held?

There will be a viewing tomorrow for
Chris Sr
Dana
Kenneth
Frankie
Hanna
Chris jr

Funeral is Tuesday

Gary buried this past Thursday or Friday
Hannah Gilly yesterday

What exactly does reconciled mean if they don't live together?
My browser got away from me, posted before I was finished. I've since corrected the post, just stated that while it might not change anything, perhaps he normally slept at home with Dana and kids and shooters might have expected to find him there that late at night.

My eyeballs need help. What am I supposed to be seeing in Donald Stone?
For me it isn't in this video. It was in the 911 call and the first interview w/that newspaper, the DM. Both just made me feel uncomfortable. Just the wording that was used.

But his wasn't an RV (responding to 2 comments because you both said the same thing). RVs like the type that rock stars use are really nice, and very expensive. His was a 5th wheel - you can't drive it. It attaches to the back of the pickup truck. It is smaller and not as nice. (From what I can tell from the helicopter shots). I just wonder if anyone has any record of him owning a home somewhere. He did at one point have a wife and 2 kids.

Also, that camper he lived in is mobile, so how long had it been there? Is it possible to check Google Maps from 2015, 2014, 2013, etc. to see roughly when it showed up there?

After my home was ruined by hurricane Isabel, my son and I lived in a FEMA trailer while I was making repairs to my house. It was a 5th wheel like where Kenneth was found. Living in it wasn't all that bad, but I was glad to be back in my house once I was able to make it liveable again. It's basically one room with a kitchen sink, some cabinets, and a small table that converts into a bed. There was also a tiny bath room with a toilet and shower. I'm sure I could have managed to live in it for years if I had to.

Pretty much they're together in every other way except sleeping under the same roof. I know at least two couples, w/o thinking hard, that do the same.

Right. You can basically chose between a crappy rental or crappy home, or a nice mobile home. In general.

The mobile home industry has vastly changed in the last 10-15 years or so. Some of them now have all the upgrades that an upscale site built home has. In my area manufactured homes can go all the way up to over 200K, depending on the upgrades and SF. When I had my real estate business it was nothing for a rich landowner to come in and spec out a manufactured home they wanted placed on their property. The homes were gorgeous, well made and spacious. I even sold two story and tri level manufactured homes worth over 200K with full wrap around porches. Some had vinyl siding while others had cedar siding. These homes are built to HUDs standards just like any site built home, which I also sold. You can buy a 'down and dirty' plain Jane with no upgrades or you can buy a middle line or go all the way to the top of the line. It all depends on what the customer is looking for and can afford.

They are nothing like the 'tin cans' they use to be. Now you can get them with granite countertops, upgraded energy windows, updated stainless steel appliances, tile backsplash, plywood sub-flooring with very nice carpet or engineered hardwood flooring, actual tile in the kitchen and bathroom areas, sheetrock walls, sound proofing in the walls, porcelain tubs and sinks, and they all have wall studs which are on 16" centers like site built homes have. The buyer can even get an upscale furniture package by well known furniture makers. According to where they are going to be located when sold they must meet the code for that area, such as areas which have tornadoes or hurricanes or those which will be located close to a beach, etc. They will be in either Wind Zone 1, 2, 3 etc.

Most of my clients were of average income or very well off. You can deck out a manufactured home with all the upgrades and get far more living space per SF than you can by building the same built home with the same floor plan and extras. Many are having them put on permanent foundations with brick or stone around the bottom. Some you cant even tell they are a manufactured home just by looking at them.

The ones we usually see blown away in tornadoes are the much older trailers which were built like tin cans back then. The older ones like the Rhoden's had. Many back then didn't even tie their homes down nor did they even put up skirting which makes it where the high winds can get up under the mobile home and lift it off its foundation. The homes back then were made much lighter and now they are much much heavier. Although I have also seen many very nice brick homes obliterated by tornadoes as well along with businesses that were also brick and destroyed by tornadoes. LOL! And I have seen plenty of those tin can trailers still standing and holding up well even after 30-40 years.

Like I said, they are nothing like they use to be.

@chrisgraves

Off to tough interview. Summoning a hefty dose of poise, humility. #PikeCounty #OhioShootings #cgnow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder why Hannah Gilley and Frankie weren't buried together? We're they supposedly getting married and had a child together?

I wonder why Hannah Gilley and Frankie weren't buried together? We're they supposedly getting married and had a child together?

They were engaged and had a 6 month old. FR is being buried with his family. Maybe HG's family wanted her buried with her family since they weren't officially married.

This was discussed a bit earlier (I know the thread flies!)
While they were engaged, they weren't yet married. Being so young, her family may have wanted her to be buried with her family.
On a personal level, I suspect that they also didn't necessarily want her legacy to be so starkly aligned with the tragedy. Being buried with her family instead of the Rhodens may distance her from the incident a bit.

Dana was still in love with him, her videos showed she did, and it was very sad looking at them. This whole thing is so sad. In the video someone just posted from the festival, where DS was talking, there was a man talking about Chris. He worked with him, said he was a good guy, he'd treat you good, and he said he talked about his kids and wife.

Maybe that's why his closest family was killed, to get back at Chris for some reason. We've wondered who was killed first, maybe Chris was killed last so the killers could tell him what they'd done.

DR and CRsr might have been sleeping under the same roof. CR and GR may have just been up working on cars and drinking. There would be no need for LM to mention CRsr might be in DRs house if he already knew he was dead at trailor with GR.

Her family may have desired that she be buried closer to where they live. I know I would want that if she was my daughter.

His family probably preferred that he be buried with the others from his immediate family.

Since they were not married, I see nothing unusual about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState