OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a legal issue going on with the Pike County DA? I've seen a couple references online.

8 family members were killed in cold blooded murder in the middle of the night. The media is going to be there, whether the family likes it or not.

When a person vanishes, the first thing the family does is go running to the news media for help.

When said person is found dead due to suicide or murder, the first thing the family does is ask the news media for privacy and to quit harassing them.

Sounds like a "no-win" situation for the news media.

I'm on the fence on whether the # of shots indicates sloppiness. While on the face it does, if they ever release details it could be that the victim with 9 wounds was shot once in each leg, each arm, stomach once or twice and the rest in the head. That wouldn't indicate sloppiness but would likely tell us who the main target was, or who was the most sadistic shooter (assuming more than 1). It could be 8 shots center mass and one in the forehead. There are so many possibilities we could spend an entire thread speculating on who was shot where and how many times and still be wrong.

I agree leaving the children alive is the biggest issue with the Mexican cartel theory. I like almost everything else about it, but that part is tough to reconcile with their known behavior. I could still very easily see it being some other drug trafficking organization, though.

"Sparing the children suggests to me that the killer was close to the victims, knew the children, possibly had children of his own, and only wanted to take out those who could finger him as a suspect with a motive. He would probably have felt that killing children was unworthy and abhorrent as they posed no threat to him."

I'm on the fence on whether the # of shots indicates sloppiness. While on the face it does, if they ever release details it could be that the victim with 9 wounds was shot once in each leg, each arm, stomach once or twice and the rest in the head. That wouldn't indicate sloppiness but would likely tell us who the main target was, or who was the most sadistic shooter (assuming more than 1). It could be 8 shots center mass and one in the forehead. There are so many possibilities we could spend an entire thread speculating on who was shot where and how many times and still be wrong.

I agree leaving the children alive is the biggest issue with the Mexican cartel theory. I like almost everything else about it, but that part is tough to reconcile with their known behavior. I could still very easily see it being some other drug trafficking organization, though.

I could see it being 3 relatives.

Rob Junk, or the previous prosecutor?
I don't know, they didn't name them, just saw a couple issues mentioned in passing.

Rob Junk sounds familiar.. So he is the current DA? Is there something going on with him and/or the previous one?

It is not easy searching out anything on Google now. The second you put Pike County in the search terms, it is pages of stories about the murders.

I'm surprised they seem to be getting a pass from the media. I wish there were cameras on the reporters at the first 2 press conferences, because I feel like they would have had the "are these guys serious?" look on their faces. They seem to be asking questions and getting knocked down, then just moving on. That seems strange to me. I've been expecting a reporter to lay into them or read a scathing article, I wonder if that will happen after today's funerals.

I think it's coming now that the funerals are over.

It is not easy searching out anything on Google now. The second you put Pike County in the search terms, it is pages of stories about the murders.

I know. You have to figure out a clever way of wording your query, lol. JMO

Closest relative would be Chris' mom. JMO

Geneva would be after CR1 grandchildren. Ohio law will give the property equally divided among FR children and HR children. The court will appoint an administrator of the estate who will handle things until the kids come of age.

"
  • If there is no surviving spouse, but surviving children or their descendants, each of the children receives an equal share of the estate. Descendants of a deceased child divide that child’s equal share.
  • If the decedent has no surviving spouse or children and no descendants of deceased children, the estate goes to his or her surviving parent(s) or, if both parents have died, in equal shares to brothers and sisters or their descendants."

https://www.ohiobar.org/forpublic/resources/lawfactspamphlets/pages/lawfactspamphlet-1.aspx

Could they be worried about internal leaks?
I don't know.. There are just so many things for me. It could be so simple that Kasich is running for POTUS.

There has been media coverage twice now about how he eats so it could be they are trying to keep anything and everything as quiet as possible because of the campaign. People and the media will jump on anything and everything that has zero to do with a politician personally.

The murders aren't Kasich's fault but there is a certain "the buck stops here" that also comes into play during an election year.

I would think they would auction it off.

Here when items are seized in drug cases, they auction them off.

The state also auctions property regularly for delinquent property taxes so auctioning off property isn't something foreign to a state.

In our state, the State will auction off everything....property and contents....if the owner was on Medicaid. A lot of people don't realize that. They think Medicaid is free, but it is paid back when someone dies if they have anything to auction off. I am not sure I see Chris on Medicaid .....not sure if he had any hospital visits. But, I could see some of them being on Medicaid. Might even be why the property was in Chris' name....to avoid Medicaid from selling it in the end.

New thread is ready for posting. I'll bring some posts over so your discussion flow isn't interrupted.

Thread #9

This thread will close in 10 minutes so please move on over.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member