OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking LE may be looking at the Rhoden's car business as potentially what put them in harm's way?

Something interesting I just saw..

"In Australia, buying accident-crashed cars at auction and repairing with parts from a stolen vehicle or using the VIN and Engine Numbers of the purchased vehicle to register the stolen vehicle is called car rebirthing."

Never heard that phrase and I'm australian - maybe I don't hang out or buy my cars from the right place haha

Lot :). Maybe the neighbor across the street with the uber-neat yard had a motive.

I best keep an eye on my wife, she hates the "hoarder" up the road from us with all the rusting cars in the paddock!

I personally don't see selling a junker to a disgruntled customer or a bad car deal from the family car biz as motivation for someone to plan, lay out and murder 8 people.

But would I could see is - the family car business being a vessel to do some major money laundering and used as a paper trail to hide drug money.

I'm still of the opinion the murdered Rhodens were not super savvy in the drug business and were being groomed or following instructions from someone above them in rank and/or experience in the drug business be it family or a drug business associate in the local community. JMO.

Friday night, Jones was pulled over by authorities in Chillicothe. He was questioned by investigators until being released at 6 am Saturday morning.

[...]

In the meantime, Jones says he's still considered a suspect in the case.

http://myfox28columbus.com/news/loc...ction-with-rhoden-murders-maintains-innocence

Leonard Manley said he and his family feel targeted by the investigation.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...owed-part-investigation-pike-county/83882994/

not quite the same, not quite there, but closer . . . teh.

I'd like to point out that Isaiah's story is highly suspicious and here's why. He was pulled over on Friday night and claims that two of the mothers of his three kids called the cops to say he was responsible for the murders and that their motivation was the $25k reward being offered. That Friday he was pulled over was the 22nd of April. He was interrogated through the night and released at 6am of the 23rd, Saturday morning. Here's the problem with his story. Jeff Ruby didn't tweet his announcement of a $25k reward until 9:04am on Saturday...3 hrs aftere IJ was already released and a day AFTER the two women called in to report him. So now that we know the women did not have the reward as their motivation we have to ask...why did they suspect him so strongly that they actually called the police to say he did it? Keep in mind the interview above was not printed until the 26th. Obviously by then the reward was made public. But it was not when his two 'baby mamas' called the police...

Is there any info on size and how new and/or high tech the indoor grow was?There was a property purchased, and a new building put on it recently, did i get that right?

Have there been any unsolved hit and run incidents in the area lately?

I personally don't see selling a junker to a disgruntled customer or a bad car deal from the family car biz as motivation for someone to plan, lay out and murder 8 people.

But would I could see is - the family car business being a vessel to do some major money laundering and used as a paper trail to hide drug money.

I'm still of the opinion the murdered Rhodens were not super savvy in the drug business and were being groomed or following instructions from someone above them in rank and/or experience in the drug business be it family or a drug business associate in the local community. JMO.

I agree. Killing 8 people over stolen car parts sounds unlikely, but your theory seems very plausible.

my thought is, some $$ person came in, partnered on property, new buildings, indoor grow etc.$$ car part laundry also, new partner might wanna start doing chemicals. Lot of 100/00 out door grows and like 10/20 indoor grows in my area, the law just comes in just before harvest and slash it down and leaves it there.. Get bigger than that, think the Rhodens made a mistake in business partners

There have now been 18 cars removed and more to be removed tomorrow.

BEAVER, Ohio (WSYX/WTTE) -- Rickey Neace's family has owned the Bobst Auto Parts and Salvage in Pike County for years. He says nothing could've prepared him for his assignment on Tuesday.

He says he and another worker helped tow five of a total of 18 vehicles away from the Rhoden property where eight members of the family were shot to death nearly two weeks ago.

http://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/up-to-18-vehicles-towed-from-pike-county-massacre-property

Well AFAIC, there won't be any news or arrests any time soon. Processing this many vehicles by forensics isn't going to be quick, jmo.

Yes, indeed, the family car business would be an ideal vessel for drug money laundering. Good point !! And I agree, there's not enough motivation in the car business to suggest the need for a family massacre. I go for the need to eliminate everybody who could finger a prime suspect who had a motive, something known to the family but kept quiet outside of that circle because it involved their drug business. My chief suspect would be somebody close to them, somebody who knew the crime scenes well, somebody who had an addictive habit, somebody who lives alone, somebody with a narcissistic personality, somebody who had suggested 'taking them out' before and somebody who, in attempting to cover his tracks, inadvertently draws attention to himself ... if I were LE that is where I would focus my attention if there were no stronger leads. JMO ....

I wonder if LE has taken the vehicles to see if they had been used for transporting drugs?, Using secondhand hand cars and salvage vehicles would be a good way to move drugs and cash about.

He lives in Rarden which is about a 10-15 minute drive from KS's 5th wheel camper. We drove down to our property along the Ohio river today and we go Route 32 West to Route 41 and on down. Around 12:30 pm about a dozen sheriff dept. vehicles(marked and unmarked) blew past me. When we got to the top of Union Hill, they were all there.Then on our way back around 4:10 pm there was one black rollback wrecker with a car on it just as you turn onto Union Hill Road. We were now heading East on Route 32 and two red rollbacks were heading West. I even read the names on them, lol. By the way, hi meemaw!!!!!

Thank you for clarifying that. I was never clear on where DS lived. This helps.

Is there any info on size and how new and/or high tech the indoor grow was?There was a property purchased, and a new building put on it recently, did i get that right?

Live been watching for that info. And I've not seen anything. A hydroponic indoor would require lots of special equipment/purchases. Lighting too. I would think LE has checked the electric use for the properties. That would tell a good deal.

But if he hadn't been murdered, would it have been odd? Would it have been odd for someone to flake out? Plans change, people get busy. We have no idea what their habits are. Maybe DS saw it on the TV, tried calling him because he became worried, couldn't get ahold of him and went over there. Maybe it's nothing suspicious at all.

Or maybe he's more suspicious than ever.

DS has said enough about this complicated situation that LE can check phone records to see if
anything at all lines up with his story. I would think they have done this by now.

I wonder if LE has taken the vehicles to see if they had been used for transporting drugs?, Using secondhand hand cars and salvage vehicles would be a good way to move drugs and cash about.

I think so. How was drugs transported from the property? A lot of drugs buying visitors would have raised suspicion. Perhaps they made secret compartments in the salvaged cars and shipped drugs that way.

I thought the work on cars with both was odd. I still think Gary being there and Gary previously having an indoor grow op was not a coincidence.

I just thought of something. Speculating.

Seems like regardless of the "reasons" given, there was to be a specific gathering of the Rhoden men on Friday.

DS came in to "work on cars" Gary arrived for same reason?

Even young Chris was there. Was he supposed to be there that night?
Where did Chris usually live?

(Do we have any solid info. on exactly where (location) each Rhoden lived on 'normal' days?)

With women and children also there, the Rhoden men did not expect trouble.

Maybe the "unknown persons" scheduled a meeting on Friday for what seemed to be harmless reasons.

Rhoden men gathered at Rhoden homes. DS was expected to be at Kenneth's, but wasn't. Coincidence?

Early morning when all are asleep, the Rhodens were ambushed.

IF this theory has merit, possibly phone records give LE a lead.

I was driving, but from what I could tell, it was a smaller SUV dark in color (black or dark blue maybe) The hill (Union Hill is very steep) so I was running about 60, then Union Hill Road is at the very peak of the hill to the right coming east bound. My passenger just reminded me that the black rollback was sitting there EMPTY on our way down, but had the SUV on it on our way back. I am looking at pics of the property with all the vehicles (CR's) to see if I can see it, but will have to zoom in on them. I know that area well as we go that way every weekend to our property which is where we have a motorhome.

Be careful.

IIRC, Ohio AG Mike Dewine said in one of his press releases, that this was one of the most sophisticated marijuana grow operations that he had ever seen.
I'll go back look for the link to his exact statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C_Plus_Detective