OH - Plea for corruption investigation in Ohio to Dept of Justice

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Widow, sometimes it takes political pressure as well as media pressure to move government agencies. When you alert authorities like I described above, the officials lose any deniability (they didn't know that was going on). Once they are notified they may be moved to take some action. And letting them know you are going public with your questions also helps. You could do the same as I described above but use Dept. of Justice instead of FBI

mysteriew, we are or have worked with OBCI, FBI, and DOJ. I had not considered the impact of contacting government officials outside of these agencies and did not pick up on your suggestion until your second post - thank you!

I will look into this avenue, but must step carefully because this little county is highly political (REPUBLICAN! don't anybody dare say the D word) and I could easily harm our case as easily as help it. The local authorities are well connected far beyond Preble County so much that many fearful witnesses will only speak to federal authorities.

Welcome to websleuths widow! I am so sorry about your husband and
I hope we can be of help. We are a very committed compassionet group.

We have only had our case on WebSleuths since last night, and the response has been too wonderful and endearing as well. I find myself feeling so safe here...discussion locally is quite dangerous as the very authorities known to have perpetrated these crimes read our every word there. Thank you, everyone!

Welcome aboard Widow. My condolences to you. Getting this info out to the public beyond the county it is happening in is a good decision. Get as much media involved as possible. Hopefully Steve Huff (misterallgood) will see this and carry the story and info on his site as well.

Best of luck and any way we can help just say so. :)

Have you tried your state and national government representatives? Senators and congressmen?

Mysteryview, could an online petition in addition to local help in this case? I know it's done in many cases to show public concern. By Widow bringing this info to the publics attention it then shows awareness to the powers that be and gets the ball rolling sometimes. Madeleine McCanns case is one example where a few online petitions were generated and signed worldwide.

Widow, I'm curious where the Dept. of Internal Affairs stands in this if you know. I didn't see them listed and know they are usually chasing down the bad cops and LE often hate them even when they are guilty of nothing. I do realize they too can be corrupted so that's why I'm asking.

Have you tried your state and national government representatives? Senators and congressmen?

I thought of a political angle too. We know council members can be caught up in this but I doubt it's all the way to the Congress and Senators. Getting their attention on an issue like this could be a problem though. The republican/democrat issue was brought up so maybe they have tried politicians.

I love the brainstorming, thank you! This is a county of only 40,000 people. There are 3 council members, and 2 of them are "good old boys" and have similar issues as the authorities there....nuff said.

What is an online petition?

Internal affairs...I suppose that would be the few sheriffs and now they even have a police department with a couple officers in some of the towns. The prosecutor's investigator is probably who would be "internal affairs" and he is the biggest subject of our corruption allegations... here is a taste of how this man conducts himself....
http://triplehomicide.proboards55.com/index.cgi?board=justice&action=display&thread=1170203833
Could I ask him to investigate himself and his cronies in all the deaths and cover-ups and false charges and evidence destruction for 2 decades we have documented? I may be in more danger from him than I am now if I dared ask for an internal investigation. But it was a really good idea.

Who is Steve Huff, you have my curiosity at attention.

I emailed our links to the NBC Dateline that was mentioned in another thread.

We are beginning to post information on these cases in the COLD CASES category...
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54167

Mysteryview, could an online petition in addition to local help in this case? I know it's done in many cases to show public concern. By Widow bringing this info to the publics attention it then shows awareness to the powers that be and gets the ball rolling sometimes. Madeleine McCanns case is one example where a few online petiti ons were generated and signed worldwide.

Widow, I'm curious where the Dept. of Internal Affairs stands in this if you know. I didn't see them listed and know they are usually chasing down the bad cops and LE often hate them even when they are guilty of nothing. I do realize they too can be corrupted so that's why I'm asking.

An online petition is useful in a couple of ways. It can be used to have people from another area to show their interest and the scope of interest. And it can be used to gather signatures, then printed out and taken to the authorities. But the best petition is one that is handpassed among local citizens with real signatures. Those show they are from the citizens that are most affected by what is happening. I would recommend doing both.

FBI was investigating the triple years ago (before we had all the information and witnesses) and was not able to complete the investigation.

We have recently attempted to hand over privately-collected informtion to the FBI, but they received so much response they were overwhelmed and quickly put a stop to it. They told a victim's family that they were not going to look into anything unless the Dept. of Justice ordered them to.

This does concern me a bit. I have never known the FBI to become "overwhelmed" in any investigation no matter how large or how complicated.

I know, and actually the agent I originally talked to was agreeable to take in information, but an overzealous person who makes it their business to spy on everyone and every incident called in with wild stories and a demand for federal protection. The credibility thing made the supervisor there wonder. I wrote about the FBI incident in our complaint to DOJ, so hopefully it can be fixed.

We are pacing waiting for word from DOJ whether they will open an investigation, they are our last hope for justice. Would anyone have any experience with submitting a complaint to the Dept of Justice and then the subsequent investigation process?

Hmm... we are having a memorial in front of the courthouse in the county this month for the 20th anniversary of the triple homicide. I wonder if that might be a good place to collect signatures for a petition.

I believe a petition can be passed at any public gathering on public property- under the condition that there is no harrassment of individuals. In other words you can make an announcement at the gathering, you can have a person standing and holding it- but don't run up to anyone or insist that they sign or listen to your spiel. Petitions can also be passed on private property as long as the owner is agreeable. So you can attend meetings and present the petitions, as long as they agree that you can be there.

Well, it seems that the memorial planned this month in front of the courthouse (to remind the county that the triple homicide remains unsolved) will have guest speakers...the sheriff and the prosecutor's investigator. This is the same investigator that we allege corruption and wrongdoing against. I do not think a petition at the memorial will be possible since it will be asking for investigation of the investigator.

I am now looking at the online petition mentioned earlier in this thread. Can anyone point me in the direction of how to initiate the process?

Well, it seems that the memorial planned this month in front of the courthouse (to remind the county that the triple homicide remains unsolved) will have guest speakers...the sheriff and the prosecutor's investigator. This is the same investigator that we allege corruption and wrongdoing against. I do not think a petition at the memorial will be possible since it will be asking for investigation of the investigator.

I am now looking at the online petition mentioned earlier in this thread. Can anyone point me in the direction of how to initiate the process?

http://www.petitiononline.com/
http://www.petitionspot.com/
http://www.ipetitions.com/
http://www.gopetition.com/

You choose a site and write it up. Then try to get people to read it and sign it.

Good evening everyone...Bump

Thanks for the bump, SuziQ!

We have submitted nearly 1,000 pages of documents and witness testimony to the Dept. of Justice...an original complaint with documentation and then additional documentation after we received a request for more information from DOJ. Now I am pacing, pacing.

I wonder if anyone has had a case in which they had to try to convince DOJ to get involved. I would very much like to hear about the process, the wait, if it is wise to get professional legal help for submitting information, etc. I know DOJ considers cases that have inquiries by congressmen and journalists.

Widow, Steve Huff is the Editor and Author for a site called Crimeblog. He is widely respected and posts at Websleuths under Mrallgood. Here is a link to Crimeblog.

http://crimeblog.us/?page_id=2

Thank you for the link, I have emailed him plus gained links to many other investigative journalists.

Everyone has been so awsome, I wish we had known about this board long ago.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog
Back