Found Alive OH - Rainn Peterson, 2, North Bloomfield, 2 Oct 2015 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kids escape their homes innocently everyday. Fortunately, it does not usually end up with them being missing long. Unfortunately, sometimes even if rarely...it does. I'm a parent and I am more eagle eye than most, and one of mine is a crazy escape artist. It's possible that all they need is more baby proofing and help organizing their time for meals and such when they are busy in the home. All some people need is direction and practical advice for something never to happen again. I really think they are those type of people. (JMO.)

My 2 yr old fell asleep on the couch one afternoon. So I jumped into the shower quickly. My phone was ringing while I was rinsing my hair--I dint want it to wake him up so I jumped out to answer it. It was the across the street neighbor--telling me my boy was running down the street after her cat. She had already sent her 14 yr old daughter after him and she was walking him back home. :blush: I had no idea he knew how to unlock the door.

Another factor in the court giving temporary custody to the ggparents was that children's services felt it would be better for Rainn to return to a place she was familiar with once she was released from the hospital. That's where she's been living for a while and it makes sense not to uproot her from a familiar environment right now.

If Brandi was still living at the ggparents' house it would probably be a moot point. Msm reported that she's currently arranging for her own place - they didn't release any details but it sounds like once she's settled in she should be able to petition for permanent custody of her kids.

I don't think anyone (here at least) is making an argument that Rainn and her siblings are better off permanently with a couple of elderly people instead of her mom. At the same time there are some issues with Brandi that should be resolved IMO in order to ensure the kids go to a safe, stable home.

Personally I think that Rainn will do better under the care of her ggparents than she (and/or her sibs) would in foster care. And I'm rooting for Brandi - I hope she will leave the drugs in her past and get on with raising her sweet children.

Another factor in the court giving temporary custody to the ggparents was that children's services felt it would be better for Rainn to return to a place she was familiar with once she was released from the hospital. That's where she's been living for a while and it makes sense not to uproot her from a familiar environment right now.

If Brandi was still living at the ggparents' house it would probably be a moot point. Msm reported that she's currently arranging for her own place - they didn't release any details but it sounds like once she's settled in she should be able to petition for permanent custody of her kids.

I don't think anyone (here at least) is making an argument that Rainn and her siblings are better off permanently with a couple of elderly people instead of her mom. At the same time there are some issues with Brandi that should be resolved IMO in order to ensure the kids go to a safe, stable home.

Personally I think that Rainn will do better under the care of her ggparents than she (and/or her sibs) would in foster care. And I'm rooting for Brandi - I hope she will leave the drugs in her past and get on with raising her sweet children.

I agree. Ultimately, I think the goal seems to be a return with mom. I hope that can prove that her home is stable for them. I hope that Brandi can see this as a huge wake up call, that life has no guaranteed length and the moments you have are precious. I do worry about the domestic disturbances involving her and the husband. I hate for kids to go into homes like that. Perhaps, they both will be willing to turn it around.

Kids escape their homes innocently everyday. Fortunately, it does not usually end up with them being missing long. Unfortunately, sometimes even if rarely...it does. I'm a parent and I am more eagle eye than most, and one of mine is a crazy escape artist. It's possible that all they need is more baby proofing and help organizing their time for meals and such when they are busy in the home. All some people need is direction and practical advice for something never to happen again. I really think they are those type of people. (JMO.)

These folks just need a flipping fence. If they had a fence the kids could fly in and out all they wanted to but they couldn't escape. Kids these ages move constantly, they HAVE to run and play. I have not a single idea how this could be done. Perhaps someone from this area on WS might know? I know they are collecting stuffed animals but maybe there would be that a community group, Rotary, Scouts, church or? would help build these folks a child proof FENCE attached to their house.JMO

These folks just need a flipping fence. If they had a fence the kids could fly in and out all they wanted to but they couldn't escape. Kids these ages move constantly, they HAVE to run and play. I have not a single idea how this could be done. Perhaps someone from this area on WS might know? I know they are collecting stuffed animals but maybe there would be that a community group, Rotary, Scouts, church or? would help build these folks a child proof FENCE attached to their house.JMO

My 2 year old could scale our fence even though there were only the vertical boards on the inside. He just went to a corner and used his strong little monkey toes. That child was almost the death of me! However, a fence is a good idea, it does slow them down a little.

Rainn's home!

Two-year-old Rainn Peterson who went missing for two days last week is now home with her great grandparents who have temporary custody of the child.

http://www.wfmj.com/story/30235608/...as-investigation-into-disappearance-continues

Be sure to read the story - some interesting stuff on the investigation about diapers and polygraphs. LE wants to talk to someone again but said that they aren't planning to polygraph Brandi again. I have no idea who the sheriff is talking about. :thinking:

Another article:

With the FBI, BCI and others investigating, the sheriff says they are waiting on test results to determine if there was any wrongdoing, and who is responsible. “We’re actually waiting for all the test results to come back on her clothing, to see if there is any type of DNA, any fibers, or anything.”

http://wkbn.com/2015/10/11/trumbull-sheriff-settles-concerns-about-baby-rainn/

I thought this, too. But maybe they didn't have the money for it and their kids are grown...and they never expected to be raising grandbabies.

I thought this, too. But maybe they didn't have the money for it and their kids are grown...and they never expected to be raising grandbabies.

Oh for sure!! I hope I didn't sound judgemental!! I just was thinking with all the publicity and people caring it would be a nice gesture atm. A zillion people in the world don't have fences. I am sure GGp's are doing the best they can!!

Oh for sure!! I hope I didn't sound judgemental!! I just was thinking with all the publicity and people caring it would be a nice gesture atm. A zillion people in the world don't have fences. I am sure GGp's are doing the best they can!!

I didn't think you were being judgmental :) . I agree, I really hope someone helps with a fence. I bet that would give them a lot of peace of mind. CPS might even require them to get a fence.

Rainn's home!

Two-year-old Rainn Peterson who went missing for two days last week is now home with her great grandparents who have temporary custody of the child.

http://www.wfmj.com/story/30235608/...as-investigation-into-disappearance-continues

Be sure to read the story - some interesting stuff on the investigation about diapers and polygraphs. LE wants to talk to someone again but said that they aren't planning to polygraph Brandi again. I have no idea who the sheriff is talking about. :thinking:

Well I always wondered about this. http://wkbn.com/2015/10/05/neighbors-react-to-2-year-old-rainn-petersons-disappearance/

Next door, Carolyn White wiped away tears while talking about the hunt for Rainn, calling it intense.

“The FBI came through and searched my house,” she said. “They thought I had her — twice.”

A great idea regarding a fence! My idea is not a cyclone fence as those are seldom used these days. While a cyclone fence does provide openness into the yard, it is also easy for children to climb out of.

I hope a major company, local church, or volunteers will donate the material and labor to build a fence for these children. It is something that will give a safe playground for 3 little ones.

Yes to the fence. Just even around a bit of the backyard so the kids can play. Maybe a fence and a slide/swingset. LOL

Especially because the highway is so close to the house.

I wonder if she was found wearing the same type/brand of diaper that the great-grandparents used.
That might be key...

Rainn's home!

From your link:

Some that even stirs suspicion with law enforcement, about the condition of the child when she was found.

Sheriff Tom Altiere was interviewed by Lindsay McCoy on WFMJ Weekend Today.

"Did you say she did not have a dirty diaper? No she did not have a dirty diaper, it was a wet diaper. Does that raise questions for you? Absolutely," Sheriff Altiere said.

Another article:

With the FBI, BCI and others investigating, the sheriff says they are waiting on test results to determine if there was any wrongdoing, and who is responsible. “We’re actually waiting for all the test results to come back on her clothing, to see if there is any type of DNA, any fibers, or anything.”

http://wkbn.com/2015/10/11/trumbull-sheriff-settles-concerns-about-baby-rainn/

I wonder if they're trying to find out if she was in someone's vehicle. Or any fibers (or soil) other than the same soil where she was found or the GGP's house.

I don't want to think about the other possibilities.

Just a little note with regard to the absence of a dirty diaper: At a similar age, my daughter would go days and days without a #2. At her worst it was once over a week! Not normal maybe, but certainly quite common for a child of 2 to pass a few days without a soiled diaper. And then having no fluids while lost, plus then when she was found she was diagnosed as very dehydrated, Rainn's diaper may have been less wet than we would expect.

Sorry, if somebody has already mentioned this kind of phenomenon upthread... :)

My 2 yr old fell asleep on the couch one afternoon. So I jumped into the shower quickly. My phone was ringing while I was rinsing my hair--I dint want it to wake him up so I jumped out to answer it. It was the across the street neighbor--telling me my boy was running down the street after her cat. She had already sent her 14 yr old daughter after him and she was walking him back home. :blush: I had no idea he knew how to unlock the door.

Omg thank god you have good neighbors. This is like my biggest fear because my two year old is wild and I was all most expecting this at some point. I ended up putting chain locks at the top of my door so my mind could rest. I'm a hard sleeper and my fear is he won't wake me up and go out some night.
I seen an article a few years back of a boy who was 2-3 staying the night at grandmas and went out at 3am alone and froze to death. The apartment had security locks so he couldn't get back in even if he wanted to. I live in WI my son wouldn't last a night. From that day on this has been my biggest fear. Thank god your little one was all right.

So if her diaper wasn't dirty why did she have such a bad infection from diaper rash? I had assumed it was sepsis from faeces.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required
Back