Found Alive OH - Rainn Peterson, 2, North Bloomfield, 2 Oct 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No more tests😉
I am so happy that Rainn will stay where she was before. I think BP jumped the gun in asking for custody of Rainn. It's a big possibility that the judge explained to BP what chances she had of getting rainn back. Hence she agreed to the temp custody without agreeing 😉

It is good that the custody plan involved all parties and was agreed upon rather than decreed. To me, it shows that mom knows that she has work to do and knows the kids come first. Yay!

In response to those who say Brandi(i) couldn't have had anything to do with the disappearance bc of LO presence.. LO made statements saying the search was called off overnight. Rainn could have absolutely been placed in the field where she was found during those times. JMO obviously.

The actual quote is :

I take that to mean no one involved in the custody proceedings was found to be negligent. That does not mean that someone not directly involved in the custody battle wasn't involved.

The article also confirms that Rainn and her siblings were already in the custody of the great grahdparents, despite the fact that Brandi claimed she had "full custody of both" (nice math, Brandi) of her kids. :rolleyes:

I still find it awfully hinky that this happened right before the court custody hearing.

It would take a lot more than Brandi's word to convince me otherwise.

JMO, MOO, IMHO

Thanks for your input. If you watch the video with the news story, the reporter, who had interviewed Tim Schaeffer, stated that the judge stated that he cleared the parties in the custody agreement from any negligence.

So it seems we're in agreement!

Thank goodness Rainn still has a fighting chance. Like I said before, maybe the gut wrenching fear she experienced those 48 hours leads Brandi to turn her life around. A positive is if she doesn't, there are many more people watching now that Rainn has captured everyone's heart! :sleuth:

In response to those who say Brandi(i) couldn't have had anything to do with the disappearance bc of LO presence.. LO made statements saying the search was called off overnight. Rainn could have absolutely been placed in the field where she was found during those times. JMO obviously.

Do you have a link to those statements?

So if nobody was looking for her during the night (how did the person who placed her there know this in advance to plan this whole scheme?), and if she was placed there during the night/early morning Sunday, she would have just stayed there all night and all day Sunday, even though she'd be able to hear cars driving by all day (and standing up she'd even be able to see cars driving)? I really don't want to sound argumentative, but that does not make sense to me at all.

Do you have a link to those statements?

So if nobody was looking for her during the night (how did the person who placed her there know this in advance to plan this whole scheme?), and if she was placed there during the night/early morning Sunday, she would have just stayed there all night and all day Sunday, even though she'd be able to hear cars driving by all day (and standing up she'd even be able to see cars driving)? I really don't want to sound argumentative, but that does not make sense to me at all.

Whether or not she was placed there overnight...or if she was wandering that area for 48 hours....either way she was found in that specific location where yes, she could have possibly seen a road (no clue exactly what the area looks like where she was found.) But obviously she didn't go towards the road since she was found in the grass. Was she there 12 hours? 24? 48? We don't know where she spent those 48 hours.

I guess I'm confused about what you're getting at. Are you saying that since she was found near a road, she could not have been wandering that area all day? But she COULD have been wandering that area for TWO days?

Sorry...I'm tired and kind of confused, I think.

I think the very bad diaper rash Rainn has tells me she was out there for the time she was stated as being missing with no one to change her. I am happy to read here from links supplied that her living arrangements upon her release from the hospital will be favorable to her and she will be back home with gg/parents and mom can visit with her children. I wish them all the best for a happy future.

BBM. In the on camera interview with the Sheriff after Rainn was found that evening, he also stated they where just about to wrap things up for the day.

I have wondered also, IF, the mom did take the baby from the house to gain advantage for the upcoming custody hearing, might she have left her in the field from day one, while expecting the child to be found much sooner than what played out. Just MOO.

How sad GGP's have to raise three small children in their twilight years.

How sad GGP's have to raise three small children in their twilight years.

I hear you. I would take my grandchildren in a minute if they needed me. Would I be able to do with without exhausting myself? No. It seems so many grandparents, or in this case great grandparents are having to take over child rearing for their children who are involved in drugs, etc. Thank God for these grandparents, but things need to change and be fixed so this isn't a common occurrence.

The GGPs are Brandi's deceased father's parents. He died when she was about seven months old. Her mother's maiden name was Bennett. She seems to have kept that name after they were married or went back to it sometime later. The GGPs have suffered more than their fair share of grief. They seem to be an amazing couple who have accepted what fate has thrown them and to carry on with grace and dignity. I wish that I could meet them and give them both a gigantic hug.

Whether or not she was placed there overnight...or if she was wandering that area for 48 hours....either way she was found in that specific location where yes, she could have possibly seen a road (no clue exactly what the area looks like where she was found.) But obviously she didn't go towards the road since she was found in the grass. Was she there 12 hours? 24? 48? We don't know where she spent those 48 hours.

I guess I'm confused about what you're getting at. Are you saying that since she was found near a road, she could not have been wandering that area all day? But she COULD have been wandering that area for TWO days?

Sorry...I'm tired and kind of confused, I think.

And there is still this:

WKYC Channel 3 News Retweeted
Wale Aliyu - WKYC ‏@WaleAliyu 2d ago
Sheriff: The area where #RainnPeterson was found had been searched all over at least twice @wkyc

But residents also began asking haunting questions: How could a tiny 2-year-old survive the 42-degree temperatures Friday night and the heavy rains that soaked the region Saturday? And how could she have wandered so far into fields where coyotes prey on small animals?

"That's the reason why we are trying to backtrack the child's steps,'' said Trumbull County Sheriff Thomas Altiere. "We are ruling nothing out. Our investigation is far from being completed. We finished chapter 1. Now, we are moving to chapter 2.''

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/inde...lice_say_many_unanswered_questions_exist.html

Rainn’s mother had legal custody of Rainn and the 3-year-old until Sunday. Children services could have retained temporary custody, but being with family is best where possible, Schaffner said.

It is unclear if the mother also had legal custody of the 4-year-old.

Richard and Dora Peterson were cleared of any negligence with regard to Rainn’s disappearance, Schaffner said.

The child’s mother, Brandi Peterson, 24, and her husband, Nicholas Martin, 32, of Cleveland, will be allowed to have supervised visits with Rainn and her brother.

It is unclear if Martin is the father of any of the children.

Brandi Peterson has lived on and off with Richard and Dora Peterson, and her mother in Southington. She also has lived in the Cleveland area, where she pleaded guilty to misdemeanor attempted drug possession in August 2014, according to Cuyahoga County court records.

She and Martin have been named in several Trumbull County police reports in recent years relating to domestic violence between them.

Martin was convicted of aggravated menacing involving Brandi Peterson in 2013, and two other police reports contain allegations of Martin’s making threats to Brandi Peterson and others.

Deputies also were called to Quinn’s Market in North Bloomfield on June 23, 2015, by Brandi Peterson’s mother, Tammy Ogletree of Southington, who reported that Brandi had left Richard and Dora Peterson’s house on Route 45 and texted several people indicating she was going to harm herself.

- See more at: http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/oct/07/temporary-custo/#sthash.7qYXtF2U.dpuf

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice
Back