Found Alive OH - Rainn Peterson, 2, North Bloomfield, 2 Oct 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Rainn’s mother had legal custody of Rainn and the 3-year-old until Sunday. Children services could have retained temporary custody, but being with family is best where possible, Schaffner said.

It is unclear if the mother also had legal custody of the 4-year-old.

Richard and Dora Peterson were cleared of any negligence with regard to Rainn’s disappearance, Schaffner said.

The child’s mother, Brandi Peterson, 24, and her husband, Nicholas Martin, 32, of Cleveland, will be allowed to have supervised visits with Rainn and her brother.

It is unclear if Martin is the father of any of the children.

Brandi Peterson has lived on and off with Richard and Dora Peterson, and her mother in Southington. She also has lived in the Cleveland area, where she pleaded guilty to misdemeanor attempted drug possession in August 2014, according to Cuyahoga County court records.

She and Martin have been named in several Trumbull County police reports in recent years relating to domestic violence between them.

Martin was convicted of aggravated menacing involving Brandi Peterson in 2013, and two other police reports contain allegations of Martin’s making threats to Brandi Peterson and others.

Deputies also were called to Quinn’s Market in North Bloomfield on June 23, 2015, by Brandi Peterson’s mother, Tammy Ogletree of Southington, who reported that Brandi had left Richard and Dora Peterson’s house on Route 45 and texted several people indicating she was going to harm herself.

- See more at: http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/oct/07/temporary-custo/#sthash.7qYXtF2U.dpuf

odd that BP mom is alive but isn't next in line for custody of the babies. JMOO

When a deputy found Brandi on Norton Lane, she indicated she was upset about an argument with her grandmother.

The deputy drove her to Quinn’s to meet up with her mother, but she threw up and became delusional and slurred her words, a deputy said. She was taken to an area hospital for evaluation.

BBM Norton Rd again..........Baby's scent was found there remember? LE thought baby was picked up in a car and was BOLO for OHIO &PA

- See more at: http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/oct/07/temporary-custo/#sthash.7qYXtF2U.yv2G9jsN.dpuf

Isn't Norton Lane the first road going off Road 45 if you decide to go left at the GGP:s house? Maybe both mother and daughter prefer to go to the left.

Just a statement here and no accusations at all...

My DD once had diaper rash that required medication. We changed her right before bed as usual and sometime over the night she pooped her diaper and didn't wake up (she was a pretty sound sleeper at that age). The next morning around 6am I woke her up to get her changed and dressed for the day and she had a pretty rough diaper rash. I took her to the pediatrician that day and they got her a special diaper cream I think? It might have been an antiobiotic one... Her doctor said of course that sometimes depending on what they ate or whatever, it just happens. (Of course in Rainn's case this wouldn't be a random occurrence, but it proves that it is possible to develop a rash that might require a bit more than a dab of desitin, in just a few hours and not days.)

Just a statement here and no accusations at all...

My DD once had diaper rash that required medication. We changed her right before bed as usual and sometime over the night she pooped her diaper and didn't wake up (she was a pretty sound sleeper at that age). The next morning around 6am I woke her up to get her changed and dressed for the day and she had a pretty rough diaper rash. I took her to the pediatrician that day and they got her a special diaper cream I think? It might have been an antiobiotic one... Her doctor said of course that sometimes depending on what they ate or whatever, it just happens. (Of course in Rainn's case this wouldn't be a random occurrence, but it proves that it is possible to develop a rash that might require a bit more than a dab of desitin, in just a few hours and not days.)

I doubt any of us here (or very few) have EVER seen a diaper rash as severe as Rainn's. All babies have had what you described on occasion, none of which would require IV antibiotics. Unless someone here has seen what a diaper rash looks like after a diaper has been left on for more than 48 hours in quite severe outdoor elements, it's not really fair to make a comparison. JMO

I doubt any of us here (or very few) have EVER seen a diaper rash as severe as Rainn's. All babies have had what you described on occasion, none of which would require IV antibiotics. Unless someone here has seen what a diaper rash looks like after a diaper has been left on for more than 48 hours in quite severe outdoor elements, it's not really fair to make a comparison. JMO

I didnt' realize it was IV antibiotics.. I thought I read that she required "antibiotics".

odd that BP mom is alive but isn't next in line for custody of the babies. JMOO

Actually, there is no "next in line" for placement or custody. It's not like inheritance. It depends on a lot of things which we are not privy to. The grandmother may have been unable to do so at the time. She might have had a small apartment whereas the GGPAs have a large home. The grandmother's work schedule might have made placement with her difficult. That doesn't mean that Brandie herself and her mother weren't part of the picture. They may have all been in agreement about where the children would live, and then children's services approved the arrangement.

Is there a link about the IV antibiotics? I think I missed it.

In response to those who say Brandi(i) couldn't have had anything to do with the disappearance bc of LO presence.. LO made statements saying the search was called off overnight. Rainn could have absolutely been placed in the field where she was found during those times. JMO obviously.

Were there sheds or outbuildings nearby where Rainn and her possible kidnapper could have been? Or where Rainn could have been kept until the responsible party returned to then release her? This would explain the child's cleaner appearance and the terrible diaper rash

Also, a diaper rash is really hard to get rid of. Is it possible she already had something going on and in the matter of a day (if it is true she was placed in the field), it got much worse? We flew on a flight for two hours and didn't realize our son had messed his diaper. As soon as we went to clean him, the wipes caused open sores and bleeding. It happens very quickly

Do you have a link to those statements?

So if nobody was looking for her during the night (how did the person who placed her there know this in advance to plan this whole scheme?), and if she was placed there during the night/early morning Sunday, she would have just stayed there all night and all day Sunday, even though she'd be able to hear cars driving by all day (and standing up she'd even be able to see cars driving)? I really don't want to sound argumentative, but that does not make sense to me at all.

By the looks of the grass and from what I heard on the 911 call (and the google map that was posted), I definitely do not think a 2 year old could have seen the road or seen cars. A two year old doesn't think "are those cars I hear? Somebody to rescue me?" A two year old will probably stop and cry from fear and pain. She cried herself to sleep in that tall grass (IMO). When the man found her and called 911, he had a difficult time telling her exactly where he was and once he finally saw responders they were still far away from him.

I am imagining she had open sores and may have some sepsis :( poor little dear.

(from the previous thread)

Rayemonde
I have to say though, I'm still having a hard time believing that the mom had anything to do with Rainn's disappearance. Presumably if she did, she made up all that stuff about the diaper rash that needed IV antibiotics and the hallucinating from dehydration - because who would *intentionally* inflict that on their child??

But even if Rainn was placed in that field by a person who took her from the house, that person showed a blatant disregard for Rainn's well-being. Putting her in a field, where there are coyotes and probably ponds and ditches nearby and people are driving around on quad bikes and could have ran her over. Or she could have wandered onto the main road and been hit by a truck. Or someone might have found her and decided to abduct her for real - we already know that there are RSOs in the area. I find it hard to believe that someone close to Rainn would be *that* thoughtless.

I felt the same way and then it dawned on me; I know a mother who might cause harm to her children to get them back. As crazy as it seems, it can happen. The woman I know had her children placed in their aunt and uncles care (my close friends), while she was asked to get her life together. Her sister was not allowed contact with them either, but they had a very hard time keeping the mother and her sister within court ordered guidelines. I could ABSOLUTELY see this mother doing something strange (in a drug haze), to regain custody of her kids. In this person's case, she did the bare minimum to regain custody only to have the children removed again and the family found it would be in the children's best interest to adopt them to an unknown family and remove all parental rights from the mom and dad. It has been heartbreaking but in the end, hopefully those kiddos have a decent shot in life.

So while it may seem completely absurd to US for any mother to intentionally cause harm only to regain custody, I don't think it is really too far fetched. People like the one I mentioned above are strange, selfish, and do not think clearly. Luckily, they are also usually very transparent to social workers and LE.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back