GUILTY OH - Richard, 84, & Gladis Russell, 85, Bellefontaine, 16 Feb 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Article just updated. Not much new info except a photo of the Russell's car on a tow truck. It looks like they are off-loading the vehicle at a residence garage. Doesn't say where the photo was taken or if they plan on processing the car (of course they will).

That is the garage attached to the State Police building on Oakvale Rd. in Princeton.

*echo*

That car doesn't look green at all! I think I could have driven right past it and it wouldn't have caught my attention. I had an obvious green car pictured in my mind.

Boy, bad guys just can't stay away from Walmarts, thank goodness. I've never even been to one, but I know they have tons of cameras.

Boy, bad guys just can't stay away from Walmarts, thank goodness. I've never even been to one, but I know they have tons of cameras.

lmao, I know, I hear a walmart and I just shake my head. As far as i'm concerned the LE should just hang out there, you're bound to catch a bad guy every time.

Here is the latest breaking news from WBNS-TV.

Updated: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 7:40 PM
WBNS-10TV

The nephew of a missing Logan County couple said their car was found in the parking lot of a West Virginia Walmart on Tuesday evening.

Authorities told him the car was still in the Walmart parking lot, located on Greasy Ridge Road, and there was no sign of the Russells.

Police were waiting on a search warrant to process the car.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...west-virginia-russells-car-found.html?sid=102

Oh no! This saddens me greatly and breaks my heart. I think we may have a clue what SL has done.

I do hope we are wrong.

I think the plea from the perps family should be done more often. If they have any emotion or fear, not to mention remorse. Bringing the perps family to the airwaves, pleading for them to turn themselves in is just an added way to bring justice to more families.Some of these guys have a heart even though the path they have chosen has gone on the wrong path. For me it is always worth a shot to bring them in.
True. All too often we see the perp's family or significant other go into defensive mode immediately with the sole intent of muddying the waters and helping the perp get away with the crime. In that sense, it is very refreshing and gratifying to see this family come forward and ask their family member to turn himself in. I hope that SL will turn himself in immediately, if for no other reason than to save his poor dad a great deal of anxiety. The poor man is a basket case.

I got home from work just in time to catch the breaking news at 5:00 p.m. on WBNS-TV in Columbus.

At this hour, WBNS-TV reported that Littleton's father alerted LE authorities that he got a phone call from his son at a pay phone in the Princeton, West Virginia area. WV LE authorities are still searching for Littleton in Southern West Virginia at this hour. WBNS-TV reported that Littleton may have changed his appearance by cutting his hair and shaving his facial hair.

WBNS-TV also reported that Ohio LE has suspended their search at the Cincinnati landfill in hopes of learning more about the Russell's whereabouts.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...fontaine-littleton-west-virginia.html?sid=102

Also, WVVA-TV from Bluefield,West Virginia is reporting that Littleton was seen at a Marathon Gas Station in Princeton around noon today. Littleton was gone by the time LE authorities arrived at the gas station.

http://www.wvva.com/Global/story.asp?S=14076746

I will say one thing, I am glad SL's family is not hiding him and wants him to turn himself in. It must be heartbreaking for his family as well. That poor dad on the media today breaking down was so sad. :(

That car doesn't look green at all! I think I could have driven right past it and it wouldn't have caught my attention. I had an obvious green car pictured in my mind.

There is a good picture of a similar car on page 4, post # 85

I hope he will think about his dad, even if he is not thinking about anyone else except himself at this point. I feel so sorry for his family...I am sure they cannot imagine how they are suddenly in this nightmare.

I hear ya. A couple of years back we had a murder suspect who was being chased by the cops go careening into the WalMart parking lot, abandon the car and run into the store, gun drawn. Fortunately, he dropped the gun and ran through the store and out the back before being shot by the cops. Not my idea of an ideal day of shopping at Wally World (but then no day is an ideal day when shopping at Wally World).

The downside of the family's on-air plea is that SL now knows his family's cooperating with the police and has a good idea that his father's home is being watched closely, so he's not as likely to try to go there and get snapped up.

wow... I just watched the family plea that I had posted ((http://www.wvva.com/Global/story.asp?S=14076746 for those who missed it))

wow..

the poor father... he broke down at the end...

the sister, however, seems to think something else about what may have happened...

hmmmm...

also sister says he did not live in the basement... it was a rec room... she says he lived upstairs with his gf.

So he has an 18 yo dau living out west and in the mil. Now that Dad and sis are unavailable do you think he will try to reach out to her?

From the Dayton Daily News:

http://m.daytondailynews.com/dayton/pm_20554/contentdetail.htm;jsessionid=2A5F23220E55FEA29472F6691EFB7C19?contentguid=BgCRNrqX
BELLEFONTAINE — A car authorities say was being driven by murder suspect Samuel Littleton II, was found and seized at a Walmart in Princeton, W.Va., Bellefontaine Police said late Tuesday.

There was no sign of the elderly couple who owned the vehicle nor was there any sign of Littleton, who is still being sought by police.

The car, a gray/green 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis belonging to missing Logan County couple Richard and Gladis Russell, was found at 6:37 p.m. at the Walmart on Greasy Ridge Road. ...

“A cursory look by their investigators revealed that no one was located anywhere inside the vehicle,” Bellefontaine police said. It was towed to a secure facility where it could be combed for evidence.

Littleton was in the Princeton area Tuesday morning and called a relative there around 11 a.m. from a gas station pay phone, a West Virginia state police sergeant said.

Littleton didn’t say if the elderly couple was with him.

When the Russells first went missing, somebody seeded a bunch of -Topix- In different towns with the discription of the Russells and their car. It was started with "Good people of ---" Princeton WV being one of the places.

I just mention it, because i have not seen that before and it seems such a simple and good idea, when chasing down people that are travelling. It did seem to get the local tongues a waggin'. JMO MOO

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/wbns/TRQK2900KEG9V1K14/p6

ck out comment by rip tiffany from 2/17 and what she experienced with SL

jmo, this IS who he is.

People on there are amazed that her mother wasn't aware of an article of clothing located in her home that had blood on it. Somehow I don't think her mother had much time/inclination for doing laundry and examining clothing after she reported her daughter missing and began caring for her grandchildren.

When the Russells first went missing, somebody seeded a bunch of -Topix- In different towns with the discription of the Russells and their car. It was started with "Good people of ---" Princeton WV being one of the places.

I just mention it, because i have not seen that before and it seems such a simple and good idea, when chasing down people that are travelling. It did seem to get the local tongues a waggin'. JMO MOO

LOL something for us to keep in mind!

People on there are amazed that her mother wasn't aware of an article of clothing located in her home that had blood on it. Somehow I don't think her mother had much time/inclination for doing laundry and examining clothing after she reported her daughter missing and began caring for her grandchildren.

my point was that this was his daughter or stepdaughter and she talks about the abuse of her mother and even the cat. Also, his using knives as weapons. I posted this originally on Tiffany's thread #1 and it was before his ex-wife came out. This makes her post credible in that the daughter encouraged mother to go public with the history of abuse. jmo

I just watched the 11:00 PM news on WBNS-TV. WBNS had a reporter reporting live from Princeton, West Virginia.

WBNS-TV is reporting that there are still no signs of Littleton or the Russells. The Russell's car are still in the garage at the state police barrack in Princeton.

WBNS-TV is reporting that Bellefontaine PD are now on their way to West Virginia to examine evidence from the Russell's car.

While WV LE did search the car, the WBNS-TV reporter said that WV LE are not releasing any info about the search and are being very tight lipped right now.

One Dayton station that I watched tonight gave a couple details that I hadn't seen before. But the article hasn't been posted yet so until I see it posted I would take it as rumor. They were saying that evidence was found in the car thaqt might answer some questions. And they said that there had been a deal for Littleton to turn himself in and he didn't show up.

It isn't in the article, it is in the video.....
http://www.whiotv.com/news/26954559/detail.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily
Back