GUILTY OH - Richard, 84, & Gladis Russell, 85, Bellefontaine, 16 Feb 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Earlier in the day, West Virginia State Police Sgt. Doug Miller said a tip that Littleton was in the area originated with his father. According to Miller, Littleton's father called a probation officer after getting a phone call from his son on Tuesday morning. Samuel Littleton apparently made the call from a pay phone and told his father that he was in the Princeton area. Miller said that officers went to the pay phone but were not able to find Littleton.
http://www.local12.com/content/brea...-in-West-Virginia/CWV4dAlZ6UekuZlNZniGeA.cspx

The other articles I have seen sort of hinted that there were two reports.... the father reporting the call and someone reporting that he was seen in the station. But this article says the tip about the call and the report on the station came completely from the father.

From the video for those who can't view/hear it:

...Princeton West Virgina, just outside the detachment of the West Virginia state police force.

This was where Samuel Littleton we were told was supposed to turn himself in earlier tonight, a couple hours ago, that has not happened, he is not here...

...They found this car parked in that parking lot. Authorities tell us that they found evidence inside that could help them with some information about the Russel's disappearance. They are not saying what that is. Authorities from Logan County and Bellefontaine are on there way here now to look at that car and see what is in there that is of interest to them....

His sister, Sam Littleton's sister and father actually went on a local television station here earlier today and they asked for Sam to give himself up and said they're working with police to make that happen.

"They have searched our home to see if he's in it, they've came back asked questions, some of em are very rude and some of em was very nice. But we had no problem, we let em search our home. We're not hidin him, we're not doing none of that."

http://www.whiotv.com/news/26954559/detail.html

I'm sorry.... some of the cops were very rude? :waitasec:

Not all cops have a great bedside manner to start with... and when they are trying to find a killer who killed a girl he has known like a stepdaughter for 18 years... Who may have killed two other people, or may just be holding them hostage... Who could kill again at ANY moment... they don't have time to make sure they are being nice to everyone. They are trying to track him down before he kills more people... which could easily include family members... :waitasec:

I must be missing something here... :waitasec:

At first I thought that was kinda out there too. But then I thought about it. She didn't say it with any rancor. They allowed the searches (and they could have forced them to get warrants.) They appear to be trying to cooperate. And when LE showed up at her home, she told them he wasn't there. But undoubtedly she wasn't believed. She's worried about her brother, and her father. And she may not have much contact with LE on the criminal side of the fence. Therefore the fact that she wasn't believed on top of some of the LE being rude or showing too much macho probably was a bit of a shock. But she seems to have taken it pretty calmly (at least no name calling, she didn't even name the officers.)

Ohio Detectives Examine Missing Couple's Car

PRINCETON, W.Va. — Authorities from Logan County arrived in southern West Virginia early Wednesday morning and began combing through the car belonging to a missing Bellefontaine-area couple that was found abandoned at a Walmart parking lot.

Officers were seen leaving the garage early Wednesday morning with boxes, but it was not clear what was in them.

As the investigation continued in West Virginia, organizers in Logan County planned to meet on Wednesday and plan more search efforts there. The meeting was scheduled for 10 a.m. at the Solid Rock Baptist Church on Sandusky Avenue.

The organizers asked for anyone interested in helping to send an e-mail to searchforresolution@yahoo.com.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...ssing-couple-car-found-littleton.html?sid=102

The "breaking news" doesn't feel like a positive outlook for the Russell's. At this point, I just want this couple found as they SO deserve to be found! :cry:

no...doesn't sound good...sounds like LE has updated family :(

Glenn10TV Glenn McEntyre
Family of missing elderly couple tells 10tv there were signs of foul play in the vehicle found in WV last night.

http://twitter.com/Glenn10TV

How sad. All because they happened to know SL... now they are dead. Makes my blood boil.

I pray LE find the Russells before SL so that SL can't use the Russells location to make a deal with the DA.

I pray LE find the Russells before SL so that SL can't use the Russells location to make a deal with the DA.

ITA. I am fearful that they won't be 'bringing him in alive' at this point though. If he really was going to turn himself in and didn't I think he will kill himself or there will be a standoff and hostages before it's over. This is not looking good at all...

I love all animals (I have 3 dogs, 3 cats, and 3 rats)...

Animal abuse is commonly a precursor to abusing/murdering people. :(

I feel sick. I wish they'd started searching for the Russells sooner. I mean not just their property but places SL grew up, Qunicy and Degraff. Those places are on the way to 75 if he took the back roads.

There has to be a reason he went 100 miles southwest before then driving before 290 miles east to WV. He could have easily taken back roads to the SE. Prayers for Gladis and Richard.

ITA. I am fearful that they won't be 'bringing him in alive' at this point though. If he really was going to turn himself in and didn't I think he will kill himself or there will be a standoff and hostages before it's over. This is not looking good at all...

I'm thinking along the same lines you are. But hopefully if he makes that decision he just decides to take himself out.

Found in woods behind Walmart where car was dumped.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n.zajk0wska
Back