GUILTY OH - Richard, 84, & Gladis Russell, 85, Bellefontaine, 16 Feb 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just thought of something, as for some of the medication that is gone, I assumed the Russells took med's with them, SL was probably the one who took the med's. IMO

Probably the "good stuff" ala SA and BD (Hailey).

I hope the Russell's aren't in the trunk of the car. Surely, he wouldn't have done that.

I hope the Russell's aren't in the trunk of the car. Surely, he wouldn't have done that.

god only knows what this guy will do. IMO I'm just a tad bit ticked that the father didn't call RIGHT AWAY.

Where are you, Mr and Mrs Russell???

My heart is aching over this situation... where is this dear elderly couple??? I think of my own precious godparents (same age) and it's tearing my heart to shreds :( I logged on hoping to see FOUND SAFE.

PRAYING!

I can't help thinking of my parents either...today is the anniversary of my mom's death last year, and she would be the same age as Mrs. Russell...and my sister's last name is Russell too, so it is really hitting me...:(

http://www.wvva.com/Global/story.asp?S=14078430

The father and sister of murder suspect Sam Littleton have come to WVVA in order to make a plea for Littleton's surrender. The family will be live on WVVA@5. WVVA.com will stream the interview live.

RTH

SL's Sister and Father did plead for him to surrender before others are hurt, they talked about the many visits by LE to their home. His father is devastated by this and broke down in tears.

This whole situation is heartbreaking......

SL's Sister and Father did plead for him to surrender before others are hurt, they talked about the many visits by LE to their home. His father is devastated by this and broke down in tears.

This whole situation is heartbreaking......

I do feel badly for the family. I could only imagine if something like that happened to me or in my family. I feel even worse for the victims and the torture they likely endured however.

If he's on the run and sleeping out of a car he may not even see the plea on television. Hopefully the media attention will result in someone spotting the car and/or him and reporting it. - Note to public... don't wait 15 minutes to call it in if there is a sighting.

The forecast there tonight is 31 degrees and snow flurries. Maybe a nice warm jail cell will look enticing to him soon.

Do we know if he has any type of internet device, an ipod, etc? Just wondering, most or at least lots of people do have some sort of mobile device these days...

I do feel badly for the family. I could only imagine if something like that happened to me or in my family. I feel even worse for the victims and the torture they likely endured however.

If he's on the run and sleeping out of a car he may not even see the plea on television. Hopefully the media attention will result in someone spotting the car and/or him and reporting it. - Note to public... don't wait 15 minutes to call it in if there is a sighting.

The forecast there tonight is 31 degrees and snow flurries. Maybe a nice warm jail cell will look enticing to him soon.

I think that is why I can excuse the 15 min. delay in calling LE. Imagine, getting a call from your son, confirmation that he is on the run, confirmation that he did do something bad, confirmation that he did commit murder of the daughter of his girlfriend..... someone that they had most likely met at some point.

So after hanging up, time to cry pray or whatever he might think would bring him comfort, talk to wife or whoever might be in the house maybe even a call to a family member or friend for support, then making a decision on calling and who to call in LE. Yeah, I would think that with all the emotions involved 15 min would be pretty quick.

I got home from work just in time to catch the breaking news at 5:00 p.m. on WBNS-TV in Columbus.

At this hour, WBNS-TV reported that Littleton's father alerted LE authorities that he got a phone call from his son at a pay phone in the Princeton, West Virginia area. WV LE authorities are still searching for Littleton in Southern West Virginia at this hour. WBNS-TV reported that Littleton may have changed his appearance by cutting his hair and shaving his facial hair.

WBNS-TV also reported that Ohio LE has suspended their search at the Cincinnati landfill in hopes of learning more about the Russell's whereabouts.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...fontaine-littleton-west-virginia.html?sid=102

Also, WVVA-TV from Bluefield,West Virginia is reporting that Littleton was seen at a Marathon Gas Station in Princeton around noon today. Littleton was gone by the time LE authorities arrived at the gas station.

http://www.wvva.com/Global/story.asp?S=14076746

Has anyone seen a retouched photo of SL without the hair? That would sure be a good thing to have circulating IMO.

http://www.wvva.com/Global/story.asp?S=14078430

The father and sister of murder suspect Sam Littleton have come to WVVA in order to make a plea for Littleton's surrender. The family will be live on WVVA@5. WVVA.com will stream the interview live.

RTH

Family made emotional plea to Littleton for his surrender live on WVVA@5 & WVVA.com. Full interview will be re-aired at 6 p.m.

By now he has talked with his father, found out that LE is looking for him there, found out that his family is coming under scrutiny. He knows there is no where else to go.

I think they will either have him in custody by tonight or they will find him dead tomorrow.

I hope the Marathon Gas Station had security cameras inside and outside of the gas station. Not only will the security cameras give a new photo of Littleton, it should be able to tell if he was driving a vechile or if he walked to the gas station to use the pay phone. I also hope that they are checking security cameras from other businesses in the Princeton area.

Keep in mind that Princeton isn't far from Bluefield and it is very near to the West Virginia-Virginia border. So it is possible that Littleton may be in Virginia as well.

My gut tells me the Russell's never left the Bellefontaine are w/ SL. If you think about the time he supposedly clocked out from work last Wed. morning (9:51 AM) and then the car was seen between 11:30-11:45 PM at the rest stop area, where was he and what was he doing for over 12 hours?!

How do they know it's been abandoned? Could he be inside the store?

It doesn't say abandoned - it says the car was found. Who knows - maybe an alert person recognized it and called LE - or maybe LE found it while patrolling.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vingigi
Back