GUILTY OH - Richard, 84, & Gladis Russell, 85, Bellefontaine, 16 Feb 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
An 84-year-old Ohio man died after he was beaten and stabbed once in chest, according to an autopsy report released today.
Russell’s legs and arms have abrasions from where his body most likely was dragged, according to the report.

Three abrasions mark the top of Russell’s head as well as a large bruise, the autopsy found. The report also shows three separate skull fractures near right side of his head.

more here

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/...-shows-ohio-man-found-dead-here/?breakingnews

I have had this thought from the beginning...and will just throw it out there....

The fact that SL had the car backed up to the dumpster there in Ohio at the rest area in Butler County.....suggests...that he may have planned to dump the Russells right away...
But changed his mind.....BUT...perhaps only changed his mind...for THAT location..

Perhaps he DID place Gladis ...somewhere in Ohio...further on his traveling down I 75..

Could it be.....he placed them in separate states....?????

Could it be....Gladis is somewhere in Ohio....and not Tennessee...or elsewhere..????

I just keep thinking of his "original" plan....One usually doesn't back up to a dumpster unless one is going to unload something into it....

all my opinion and my 2 cents

An 84-year-old Ohio man died after he was beaten and stabbed once in chest, according to an autopsy report released today.
Russell’s legs and arms have abrasions from where his body most likely was dragged, according to the report.

Three abrasions mark the top of Russell’s head as well as a large bruise, the autopsy found. The report also shows three separate skull fractures near right side of his head.

more here

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/...-shows-ohio-man-found-dead-here/?breakingnews

That just makes me sick to read and imagine what a brutal death Mr. Russell endured. I pray Gladis is found soon.

I wonder if anybody in TN that is a WS'er has seen any search parties out searching today? Locals?

That just makes me sick to read and imagine what a brutal death Mr. Russell endured. I pray Gladis is found soon.

I am afraid if and when they find Gladis she too will have suffered a brutal death.

Why did he have to do this? This couple was among our most vulnerable and defenseless.

What a coward!

IMO

I have had this thought from the beginning...and will just throw it out there....

The fact that SL had the car backed up to the dumpster there in Ohio at the rest area in Butler County.....suggests...that he may have planned to dump the Russells right away...
But changed his mind.....BUT...perhaps only changed his mind...for THAT location..

Perhaps he DID place Gladis ...somewhere in Ohio...further on his traveling down I 75..

Could it be.....he placed them in separate states....?????

Could it be....Gladis is somewhere in Ohio....and not Tennessee...or elsewhere..????

I just keep thinking of his "original" plan....One usually doesn't back up to a dumpster unless one is going to unload something into it....

all my opinion and my 2 cents

Gladis could be anywhere, unfortunately. The fact that the car was backed up to the dumpster has always bothered me too. It triggered a landfill search, yet they didn't finish that search. We don't know where SL was, while OHP was there running the plate. Maybe in the restroom, and SL got scared and just took off. For all we know, he might have been dragging poor Gladis into the brush/whatever terrain was there at the rest stop. Something tells me that they've thought of that though. At least I hope they've searched there.

After that rest stop, he would go through Cincinnati and then cross into Kentucky. Not sure how many I-75 exits there are in Kentucky, but probably lots. It is a little over 800 miles, from Bellefontaine to Valdosta Ga., not taking into consideration that he may have crossed into Florida also. It just isn't humanly possible to search all the possibilities, so I understand the plea to the public.

As for poor Dick's authopy: How much of a lowlife worthless does a person have to be, to beat and stab an 84 year old helpless man? Poor Gladis probably met the same fate, as her relatives have said that she would have put up a fight, especially to help Dick. My hope is that Gladis is found soon, not only so she can rest in peace alongside her beloved Dick, but also so that can't deal his way out of the ultimate justice.
MOO

Littleton Extradition Sent to West Virginia
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- With Gov. Kasich's signature, an extradition request for murder suspect Samuel Littleton is being overnighted to West Virginia, ABC6/FOX28 News Carol Luper has learned.

Littleton fought being sent back to Ohio to be tried for murdering Tiffany Brown.

The Governor's Warrant will allow Bellefontaine or Logan Co. authorities to arrest Littleton and return him to Ohio. He's also a suspect in the deaths of Dick and Gladis Russell.

more at link......
http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared...vid_9628.shtml

I am afraid if and when they find Gladis she too will have suffered a brutal death.

Why did he have to do this? This couple was among our most vulnerable and defenseless.

What a coward!

IMO

Both of them were totally defenseless against the monster who killed them. Nothing short of the DP is acceptable, imo, unless he gives the EXACT location of Mrs. Russell, pleads guilty and spares their family from the horrid details which would come out at trial. :mad: MOO

I was thinking about the beating of Mr Russell. I wonder if perhaps SL wasn't trying to get something from him. Like maybe his ATM code or something. SL had to have money to run on, he had to have money to buy the supplies he had when he was found (tent, blankets etc.) He doesn't strike me as the type to have been a good saver and had money put away.

That's disgusting about Mr. Russell. You know, when they said he was stabbed in the heart, I thought MAYBE, Littleton did it fast because he felt trapped. I guess I just really hoped he hadn't abused them. Those poor people. Gladis is his last bargaining chip. There's no way he doesn't know where she is. There was no "heat of the moment" here, no so fast there's no recall. He knows, and he's going to try to play it until the end.

I can only hope bad things happen to him in prison.

I'm so heartsick about what happened to the Russell's. MiGod. What reason could this have for involving this elderly couple to the point that he brutally murdered them and dumped them like garbage? Not to mention that he murdered his girlfriend's daughter and hid her body in their home.

Usually I am all for the justice system to work - but in this case - not so much. Am secretly wishing that vigilante justice could happen.

This will probably be held in solitary - for his own protection. Gotta protect his rights.

I know Tiffany was stabbed but has her autopsy report been released? I do not remember seeing it. Just curious if she was sexually assaulted. TIA

I got an email today saying the organized search in Logan county that was to be today (saturday) was cancelled. No surprise since it's believed Gladis' remains are probably somewhere along I-75 in Tennessee or Georgia or WHO KNOWS WHERE! So Sad for them and Tiffany for what they must have went thru.

I'm so heartsick about what happened to the Russell's. MiGod. What reason could this have for involving this elderly couple to the point that he brutally murdered them and dumped them like garbage? Not to mention that he murdered his girlfriend's daughter and hid her body in their home.

Usually I am all for the justice system to work - but in this case - not so much. Am secretly wishing that vigilante justice could happen.

This will probably be held in solitary - for his own protection. Gotta protect his rights.

That is what is going on with Matthew Hoffman from Knox County. He got his plea deal and will serve the rest of his life in prison. Being from Knox County, there was a small sense of relief, that it was over and done with. Logan County is not all that unlike Knox. I was disappointed to see MH put into Toledo Correctional, which is for "high profile" cases, where he will in a single cell, in protective custody. Not sure if that will remain the case for the rest of his life, but was wishing for some place a bit more hostile, kwim? Not sure how many gang bangers and Aryan brothers he'll see there *cough*

Not sure how Logan County will handle the case. I'm not seeing Tiffany's parents being all that agreeable to signing off on a deal. Hopefully someone will find Gladis soon, so whatever decision is made, is made by choice, not necessity.

SL is not like MH, imo. Different types of killers. Anyone agree? Both are horrendous, but different.

crocus said:

It's frightening the emotions this has stirred in us all. He could have let the Russells go; after all, they were old, and I'm sure they didn't have cell phones on them. He could have left them stranded by the side of I-75 somewhere in some state. They could have sat down by the side of the road in the middle of the night and flagged someone down eventually. He'd have been long gone by the time they were found, but they would have been found alive perhaps.

I agree about a longing for a vigilante to step forward, but who knows if it will ever happen. I think he's going to have a tough time in jail, and that's the best we can hope for. May each day behind bars be very long and very painful. He deserves nothing less.

I know Tiffany was stabbed but has her autopsy report been released? I do not remember seeing it. Just curious if she was sexually assaulted. TIA

I got an email today saying the organized search in Logan county that was to be today (saturday) was cancelled. No surprise since it's believed Gladis' remains are probably somewhere along I-75 in Tennessee or Georgia or WHO KNOWS WHERE! So Sad for them and Tiffany for what they must have went thru.

Haven't seen an autopsy report on Tiffany yet. Probably won't be released right away.

Since Dick was found close to the road, there is hope that he was just as lazy with Gladis. is a small guy, unlike MH, who was very physically fit and able to climb that hollow tree. Those 3 never would have been found. So given SL isn't the most, ummm, capable of master planning, I'm thinking she isn't all that far away a road, and will hopefully be seen soon.

I have to believe that after not knowing where their child was for a few days... Tiffany's parents would not want Gladis' family to continue to go through that.

I have to believe that they would be able to accept a life sentence plea deal provided he led them to Gladis... and providing there was no chance of parole. If it was a sentence that gave him a chance of getting out one day, then no I don't think they would go for it.

I have to believe they will do what they can to help this family who is grieving one member and yet still searching for the other. So they can grieve and celebrate them both together.

That is what is going on with Matthew Hoffman from Knox County. He got his plea deal and will serve the rest of his life in prison. Being from Knox County, there was a small sense of relief, that it was over and done with. Logan County is not all that unlike Knox. I was disappointed to see MH put into Toledo Correctional, which is for "high profile" cases, where he will in a single cell, in protective custody. Not sure if that will remain the case for the rest of his life, but was wishing for some place a bit more hostile, kwim? Not sure how many gang bangers and Aryan brothers he'll see there *cough*

Not sure how Logan County will handle the case. I'm not seeing Tiffany's parents being all that agreeable to signing off on a deal. Hopefully someone will find Gladis soon, so whatever decision is made, is made by choice, not necessity.

SL is not like MH, imo. Different types of killers. Anyone agree? Both are horrendous, but different.

Haven't seen an autopsy report on Tiffany yet. Probably won't be released right away.

Since Dick was found close to the road, there is hope that he was just as lazy with Gladis. is a small guy, unlike MH, who was very physically fit and able to climb that hollow tree. Those 3 never would have been found. So given SL isn't the most, ummm, capable of master planning, I'm thinking she isn't all that far away a road, and will hopefully be seen soon.

I sure hope so CKay. I think about them constantly. I help take care of elderly family and these senseless killings just makes my blood boil. :banghead:

It's frightening the emotions this has stirred in us all. He could have let the Russells go; after all, they were old, and I'm sure they didn't have cell phones on them. He could have left them stranded by the side of I-75 somewhere in some state. They could have sat down by the side of the road in the middle of the night and flagged someone down eventually. He'd have been long gone by the time they were found, but they would have been found alive perhaps.

I agree about a longing for a vigilante to step forward, but who knows if it will ever happen. I think he's going to have a tough time in jail, and that's the best we can hope for. May each day behind bars be very long and very painful. He deserves nothing less.

So many unknowns in this case. Why? Why the murder of Tiffany? Why the murder of the Russells? My sane brain struggles to find a reason.

This surely could have just taken the Russells car and fled. Doesn't seem to be a hard task given their ages and likely their health considerations. Not like they could beat him off from getting the keys to their car. Why the need to take them along?? Their voice? Afraid they would call LE once he fled? Couldn't he just as well have tied them up/restrained them to give himself a head start? The neighbor who kept tabs on them surely would have ultimately found and saved them? I dunno - I keep going through different scenarios in my head.

My parents are in their 80's - and the thought of something like this happening to them really is beyond the pale.

God bless the families of these victims and give them strength to endure what they face, and know some comfort in the fact that they have many, many supporters on their side who grieve along with them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back