OH OH - Roberta 'Bobby' Snider, 70, Hartville, 4 Jan 2018 *Guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LE confirmed that they were never at that hotel- the hotel said they were never there nor was there any reservation made in their name. That was false.

Thank you for this Steelslady! I’ve been away from the thread a couple of days and I’m trying to catch up. This question has plagued me and I haven’t had time to really go through everything again to get the answer.

Much appreciated as are you all with your great thoughts and ideas and care and concern for Bobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I listened to the video twice and I did not hear that the FBI is investigating, but rather that the police were able to use some FBI technology to search the truck and perhaps the local FBI lab to analyze some of that evidence.

I think it would be a mistake to jump to the conclusion that the FBI is actually investigating this.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the clarification and I believe you're correct.

Here's why I thought the FBI was directly involved. In the video, the reporter said at the very beginning:

"...Detectives who are trying to solve this mystery tell the Fox 8, I-Team that the FBI is now helping them with this case..."

I thought it meant that the FBI was investigating the case too. I read that as a 'stand alone' statement. I have a tendency at times to read more into what is not specifically stated.

Later in the video though, the Hartville Police Chief states that the FBI technology experts are helping with the equipment and evidence. I believe now you are exactly right and that is what is meant by FBI involvement.

So yes, thank you again. I stand corrected. It's an important distinction too. Very sorry my words were misleading.

I feel more heartened though about this case, and believe they have much more to go on than what I had initially believed...

JMO

Thanks! So it’s not an extended cab. That alone is suspicious to me. If I’m dying of cancer, Sitting upright in a car for a full day drive does not seem like s something I’d want to do. And no way would I lay down in the bed of the truck for that drive either. I had thought with an extended cab, she could lay down in the back seat. But now, no, I don’t see her taking that trip voluntarily.
Y'all, it doesn't have to be an extended cab to be comfortable. I come from a family of truck owners, and even without them being an extended cab, many are now more comfortable than my husband's car or my SUV. They no longer have bench seats, and many of the seats are extremely comfortable. Without knowing what bells and whistles this one may or may not have inside, I don't think we can make a determination on comfort. Even my fairly basic 1998 Ford ranger had very comfortable seats - a vast improvement from the bucket seats my 1989 Chevy s-10 had. So between 1998 and now - incredible improvements in comfort.

When I got in my siblings' two trucks recently, I felt like I had climbed into a luxury car in terms of seats, and I was not expecting that.

Plus, not everyone is comfortable in the same seats. One of my family members who is in his 90s shopped and shopped for the most comfortable vehicle possible based on his particular types of physical discomfort. They got a high end SUV, and guess what? He had to drive my EXTREMELY basic (older model with zero bells and whistles) SUV home for me after I had driven myself to the ER, and has since said multiple times that it is the most comfortable vehicle for him to ride in or drive. Not me. I miss my ancient Ford explorer seats. Point is - none of us can know what she found comfortable. I need the seat back at an angle for my issues, while my 90 year old relative needs the back straight up, and we drive each other bonkers leaving the seat position our own way.

Thanks for the clarification and I believe you're correct.

Here's why I thought the FBI was directly involved. In the video, the reporter said at the very beginning:

"...Detectives who are trying to solve this mystery tell the Fox 8, I-Team that the FBI is now helping them with this case..."

I thought it meant that the FBI was investigating the case too.

Later in the video though, the Hartville Police Chief states that the FBI technology experts are helping with the equipment and evidence.

So yes, thank you again. I stand corrected. It's an important distinction too.

I feel more heartened though about this case, and believe they have much more to go on than what I had initially believed...

JMO

Thank you. For the reporter, it was certainly an attention grabber, and I'll bet you anything that they used that particular line as a hook throughout the day to advertise their nightly news episode to get people to watch.

Not your fault, but I'm afraid, viewing new posts, that this "fact" has grown legs and people are going to run with it. Unfortunately, it skews our perception of the case.

So, I'm going to bold this for the people in the back who may have missed it. I do not believe at this time that the FBI has any interest in Philip.

Y'all, it doesn't have to be an extended cab to be comfortable. I come from a family of truck owners, and even without them being an extended cab, many are now more comfortable than my husband's car or my SUV. They no longer have bench seats, and many of the seats are extremely comfortable. Without knowing what bells and whistles this one may or may not have inside, I don't think we can make a determination on comfort. Even my fairly basic 1998 Ford ranger had very comfortable seats - a vast improvement from the bucket seats my 1989 Chevy s-10 had. So between 1998 and now - incredible improvements in comfort.

When I got in my siblings' two trucks recently, I felt like I had climbed into a luxury car in terms of seats, and I was not expecting that.

Plus, not everyone is comfortable in the same seats. One of my family members who is in his 90s shopped and shopped for the most comfortable vehicle possible based on his particular types of physical discomfort. They got a high end SUV, and guess what? He had to drive my EXTREMELY basic (older model with zero bells and whistles) SUV home for me after I had driven myself to the ER, and has since said multiple times that it is the most comfortable vehicle for him to ride in or drive. Not me. I miss my ancient Ford explorer seats. Point is - none of us can know what she found comfortable. I need the seat back at an angle for my issues, while my 90 year old relative needs the back straight up, and we drive each other bonkers leaving the seat position our own way.

Yes, I agree. I wasn’t even speaking to the comfort of the seats. It was more about being upright vs lying down. Just looking at the photos, the cab doesn’t look big enough to allow the seat to lie down. But you’re right, depending on her condition, she may have been more comfortable sitting up than lying down.

From this January 23rd, Ohio.com article, Philip told authorities he “thought it was more humane” to put her in the river and that “he couldn’t stand the thought of her being burned.”

But then in the obituary
he put, ‘Cremation services are being performed...’

Now that doesn’t make a whole lot of sense.

https://www.ohio.com/akron/writers/...her-in-river-after-she-died-of-natural-causes

57c85ff587a9b7566797b8726d112007.jpg

What are your guesses about the dna? Just matching it up against dna they found in the house and car for exclusionary purposes?

That's a good thought. If DNA found in the house or truck did not match up with Philip or Roberta, that could be very telling.

On the other hand, another possible reason that jumps out to me is that LE might have found an item in the home or truck that they believe might be associated with foul play.

Bloody clothing? Bloody weapon? Knives? Scissors?

Possibly even any chemicals, poisons, etc.

Something that would make no sense even being there in the first place, especially in the context of a loving relationship.

So if his DNA would be present on any of these items, it might be significant. Then again, it might be perfectly reasonable for his DNA to be on it regardless. He does live there, and it is his truck.

So I'm just throwing out some ideas. Not pointing fingers. In fact, I've been on the fence from the beginning, and have given him the benefit of the doubt all the way.

These are just some random thoughts. I could easily be way out there in left field...

JMO

The link isn't working in my FB app or copying and pasting into Chrome. Can you tell me which specific fox 8 station it is? There are a lot to choose from

Yes, it’s Fox 8 News in Cleveland. That FB article with the 99 comments was the one from January 22 @ 2:44pm.

Try this link with Chrome..it might work. https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10160103579055294&id=74758790293&ref=content_filter&_rdr

Yes, it’s Fox 8 News in Cleveland. That FB article with the 99 comments was the one from January 22 @ 2:44pm.

Try this link with Chrome..it might work. https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10160103579055294&id=74758790293&ref=content_filter&_rdr

Ok. Thanks.

OT - this, from the page, looks weird. I can't find a thread on it, though. Glad I went fishing on that page, though.

Body in backyard of Massillon OH where 3 children were removed.

http://fox8.com/2018/02/02/body-found-in-backyard-of-massillon-house-police-sources-say/

Link not available

I’m sorry..I don’t know why it’s not working. If you go to the Fox8 FB page and scroll way back it’s the article from Jan 22 at 2:44pm

I just went to Fox 8 News in Cleveland and scrolled down until I found the newest article with the comments. It took a few minutes because it's pretty far down on the page by this point.

Most of their articles are posted in descending chronological time and it is approximately 17 hours ago now.

Hope that helps...
I found it, but didn't find any interesting comments.

Thanks for posting this update, JazzTune.
Here’s a couple photos of his truck taken from the Fox8 video.

ETA: In the first photo of the truck you can see that there’s something blurred out beside the drivers side of the truck. Not sure if that him standing beside his truck or maybe the address on the house?

SBM I think it’s him. There appears to be a shadow on the brick wall of the house
3dd2ba21dadd1e5844e18e9318bc8bac.jpg
cb0afa3fa0bfb900df408d19e770b7d5.jpg

:rocker: PetDetective, your Cypress Creek at Camden station is just to the left of the red x at New Johnsonville on my map (highway 70).

Here is a map and river channel depths (gage heights) for a station upstream and downstream from I-40. The gage elevation according to USGS for both is ~300 feet above mean sea level, so the water depth is measured as a height above the transducer.

Based on the TVA charts, it looks like the water depth has ranged between 54 and 56 feet in the last 7 days. TVA only gives you one graph per gage of the previous week, take it or leave it.

If I were looking for Roberta, I would be sure to check around the large bend by the National Refuge label.

View attachment 129665View attachment 129666View attachment 129667

https://maps.waterdata.usgs.gov/mapper/index.html

You rock! Trying to figure out the right location upstream last night was not taking me to my happy place lol

Also, now that I see the truck and we know she was not with him when he checked into the first hotel (per surveillance footage), I’m thinking he had her in the back of the truck, hidden by the camper shell.

I found it, but didn't find any interesting comments.

Agree, that was the reason I deleted my post. I realized then the 'interesting' comments were probably referring to the first article.

So sorry. I'm trying to multi-task today and it's not working out real well...

Agree, that was the reason I deleted my post. I realized then the 'interesting' comments were probably referring to the first article.

So sorry. I'm trying to multi-task today and it's not working out real well...
I know the feeling. Just tried to teach my mom how to compose an email with an attachment, by phone while cleaning chicken coops, and now my head hurts. I give up on the rest of the day.

SBM I think it’s him. There appears to be a shadow on the brick wall of the house
3dd2ba21dadd1e5844e18e9318bc8bac.jpg
cb0afa3fa0bfb900df408d19e770b7d5.jpg

Yes, you’re right! I didn’t notice the shadow on the house.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668
Back