OH OH - Roberta 'Bobby' Snider, 70, Hartville, 4 Jan 2018 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
O/T but just to share something my mother once told me after my brother died. I was a child when Pete passed and I had a hard time understanding why they would bury him, even at 7yo I knew burying a person was bad and I was afraid for him, in my mind thinking Peter the person would be buried. My mom explained that it wasn't Peter the person we were burying, it was Peter's body. She said when God created us he gave us a soul and a body and that our body was just a shell, a container to hold our soul but when we die our soul leave the shell. She went on to say that the soul was the person I knew, not his body. She said that Peter the person was not in the shell anymore, instead his soul was free of the shell and his soul was still with me. After she explained I understood the difference (which I'm sure you already did without my rambling).

Now, skip ahead 17 years, my mother died of breast cancer and in the weeks before her death she stated she wanted to be cremated so she could be buried with my father. I was uncomfortable with the idea at first but then I remembered her words when Peter died and I remembered, her body wasn't her, it was just the container for the person that was her. I understand it's hard to think about your parents mortality and to even consider cremation of your parents but try to remember, it isn't your parents that are being cremated, it's just the container that held the people you know as your parents. Those people continue on.

Beautiful. That's the way I look at it. I have breast cancer. I don't know how this will end. My husband passed away 10 months ago and he was buried. I on the other hand want to be cremated. My husband's soul is waiting for me, not his body. I will not be able to join him in body, but in soul. The body is a shell that fails us. The real him and the real me will be together again.

O/T but just to share something my mother once told me after my brother died. I was a child when Pete passed and I had a hard time understanding why they would bury him, even at 7yo I knew burying a person was bad and I was afraid for him, in my mind thinking Peter the person would be buried. My mom explained that it wasn't Peter the person we were burying, it was Peter's body. She said when God created us he gave us a soul and a body and that our body was just a shell, a container to hold our soul but when we die our soul leave the shell. She went on to say that the soul was the person I knew, not his body. She said that Peter the person was not in the shell anymore, instead his soul was free of the shell and his soul was still with me. After she explained I understood the difference (which I'm sure you already did without my rambling).

Now, skip ahead 17 years, my mother died of breast cancer and in the weeks before her death she stated she wanted to be cremated so she could be buried with my father. I was uncomfortable with the idea at first but then I remembered her words when Peter died and I remembered, her body wasn't her, it was just the container for the person that was her. I understand it's hard to think about your parents mortality and to even consider cremation of your parents but try to remember, it isn't your parents that are being cremated, it's just the container that held the people you know as your parents. Those people continue on.
Thank you for sharing such personal stories. My head completely agrees with you; it's just that little irrational part of me that gets uncomfortable thinking about it - so I can see where PS may have been uncomfortable, as well. I'm so sorry for your losses.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Beautiful. That's the way I look at it. I have breast cancer. I don't know how this will end. My husband passed away 10 months ago and he was buried. I on the other hand want to be cremated. My husband's soul is waiting for me, not his body. I will not be able to join him in body, but in soul. The body is a shell that fails us. The real him and the real me will be together again.
Such beautiful words. I will be praying for peace and comfort for you!

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I found a little bit of information in the following link, ( dated Jan. 26, and updated Jan. 29 ) about both of these topics...

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/20180126/police-search-truck-home-in-missing-hartville-woman-case

Regarding the water currents, it doesn't answer your questions directly but it does shed a little light on their thoughts about it with this statement:

"The best information we have is that she is in the Tennessee River," Hartville Police Chief Larry Dordea said Friday afternoon, adding that "the river is "swift moving," so her body might not be in the county where Snider told police he dumped it."​

Dordea also addresses the concern about whether Philip has helped to find her with this statement:

"Dordea said Snider had not returned to Tennessee to assist law enforcement there with the search for his wife's body.."

( BBM )

I guess we can interpret the reason why not, in any way we wish...

JMO

Great info, Jazztune! Thank you!

Is it possible that she passed just before their trip and he kind of lost it knowing she wanted to go so badly? So not in his right mind, he decided come hell or high water, she was going to Graceland. Loaded her up in the truck and set off on their trip. But then the reality of it set in at some point and he freaked out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you both for sharing these thoughts. I admire the both of you for sharing your thoughts on such a personal matter. You both touched my soul tonight, thank you.

Is it possible that she passed just before their trip and he kind of lost it knowing she wanted to go so badly? So not in his right mind, he decided come hell or high water, she was going to Graceland. Loaded her up in the truck and set off on their trip. But then the reality of it set in at some point and he freaked out?

I keep thinking about some of his statements and I wonder if there is an element of truth to them but none are completely true. At first he told family he left her ashes at Graceland. He also said he wanted to put her with nature and didn't want to cremate her because he could stand the thought of her being burned. What if she died of natural causes and somehow in his mind it seemed best to take her and leave her "in nature" at or near Graceland? There are a few small parks near the Days Inn where he stayed: https://www.google.com/maps/place/D...1927bc5f8bf079!8m2!3d35.0436468!4d-90.0257626

Perhaps volunteer search parties should be formed to search in concentric circles from the hotel or at least in the parks?

I keep thinking about some of his statements and I wonder if there is an element of truth to them but none are completely true. At first he told family he left her ashes at Graceland. He also said he wanted to put her with nature and didn't want to cremate her because he could stand the thought of her being burned. What if she died of natural causes and somehow in his mind it seemed best to take her and leave her "in nature" at or near Graceland? There are a few small parks near the Days Inn where he stayed: https://www.google.com/maps/place/D...1927bc5f8bf079!8m2!3d35.0436468!4d-90.0257626

Perhaps volunteer search parties should be formed to search in concentric circles from the hotel or at least in the parks?

I wonder too if there are bits of truth in his various statements. I'm sort of back on that fence now where the situation is again, sounding more tragic than anything else.

Just don't know...

Also in different posts here, some people have wondered whether Roberta was actually sick, or if that was only Philip's word.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/37409993/roberta-snider-story

From the link above, here is the following statement:

"Investigators said Philip's wife of more than two decades, 69 year old Roberta Snider, was dying from cancer."

(BBM)

From that, I get that the investigators have determined her illness to be an established fact.

Could be wrong of course. For one, I could be misinterpreting the statement. Plus, it was just discussed here how misleading the media can be at times.

Yet, even though LE is questioning much of his story, I've not read anywhere that they have expressed any doubts about the reality of her illness.

That could be something they're keeping close to the vest as well though. So difficult to determine any hard facts.

Wonder if we'll ever know what really happened...

JMO

Thank you both for sharing these thoughts. I admire the both of you for sharing your thoughts on such a personal matter. You both touched my soul tonight, thank you.

I have never figured out how to quote a double post. Thank u Steelslady for doing it for me!

These two (above/quoted posts) are so special to me & hit home in ways I am not comfortable to share right now. Thank u so much DAnthrplgst & Seajay for sharing with us.

If they are actually investigating this (and not just lending other resources) only two weeks after the fact with no proof yet that a murder has even been committed, I'd like to have words with them about why, after nearly two years, 8 dead members of the same family in Ohio have not garnered their attention. Or why they haven't seen fit to investigate why anyone can murder anyone in Nelson County, Kentucky and have zero concern that LE will actually catch them.

Seriously.

Sorry for the rant. Not saying Bobbie isn't important, but not much time has passed yet, and while it's certainly weird and sad, we don't even know if it's a murder yet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
It goes back to our founding fathers not wanting the federal govt to have too much power. Thus states have their own rights. FBI doesn't get involved in most missing person cases until the state reaches out to them for help. LIke in a natural disaster, when the military help isn't sent until the area is declared a state of emergency. Federal help doesn't arrive until the state goes through the procedure to have help arrive.

FBI has it's own group that does deal with missing people, but from my understanding, they wait until there is help is asked for. Then they may take the entire investigation, or they may be a supporting partner, offering their resources, but the local or state detectives have the lead role.

Depends on what you mean by "just before". If she died of natural causes (or any other cause for that matter) she would have started to go into rigor mortis within a few hours of death, with full rigor in effect around 12 hours after death. Manhandling her from the house into the pickup in that state would not have been easy.

<snipped>

Also Larry Dordea, the Hartville Police Chief, stated Philip described how she died in the following statement:

"He said they were driving to Memphis..." Dordea said. "He noticed she was ( dead in her seat ) as he was driving down the road..."

Again, though I had read he said she died on the way, this was the first time I read that she died in her seat while he was tooling along.

<snipped>

The part I can’t get past with this version of the story, is if she died in her seat, how did he get her back to the truck bed? Options:

a) He just left her in her seat until he dropped her in the river. Wouldn’t someone have noticed the dead body in the front seat of the truck as he went about? At the hotel? At Graceland? Anywhere?

b) He transferred her from the seat to the truck bed before he got to the hotel. No one saw him moving a dead body? Possible, I guess, if he found a secluded spot. But we’ve debated how feasible it is for him to lift her body from the truck bed over the railing. Wouldn’t it be even harder to move her from the seat to the bed?

I just don’t see how she could have died in her seat.

I don't know anything about the positioning of the seats in Philip's truck, but in my own vehicle, the front seats can be placed in a full reclining position easily.

If his truck seats do have that same option, it may not have been too difficult for him then to have slid her body straight backward into the area behind her seat.

However, I don't know how that would have worked in reality with a dead body. ( Hate even writing that... )

JMO

From the pictures of his truck, it’s not an extended cab, so no back seat. The seats may recline, but I doubt it (again, judging from the photos of his truck). And I’ve never seen a ford truck that is fully open to the truck bed. Sometimes there’s a small sliding window above the level of the seats, but that would be awkward and probably too small.

So, good thought, but I don’t think it would be possible to transfer her body from the front to the back, without taking her out of the truck.

Thanks for posting this update, JazzTune.
Here’s a couple photos of his truck taken from the Fox8 video.

ETA: In the first photo of the truck you can see that there’s something blurred out beside the drivers side of the truck. Not sure if that him standing beside his truck or maybe the address on the house?

425d25ae6f79cefe02c40129062eb4cd.jpg
c2d33220269a11df6ce0f03d8721fd74.jpg
2efb1c1f2e62f9e97263e7345b810fb9.jpg

Just bringing the truck photos forward.

Yes, I agree. There is a discrepancy on date of death. In his latest story, there’s no mention of the hotel in Kentucky. LE confirmed that he stayed at the Days Inn in Memphis and then the Days Inn in Benton County. So, if they left on Jan 4th, he would have stayed at the Memphis DI that night, Graceland the morning of the 5th, then the Benton County DI on the night of 5th, back home on the 6th. He would have dropped her body over the bridge on the 6th...maybe that’s where he came up w DOD for the obit.

http://www.kare11.com/article/news/...land/465-4fbc8ccd-0622-4e32-b21a-3b8001e811d1

But...that would mean he made the entire 11 hour drive from Hartville to Memphis on the 4th. I don’t know about you, but when I take a road trip, I have to stop along the way to eat, go to the bathroom, stretch my legs, get gas. So, 11 hours per google maps could turn into a 13-15 hour drive easily. Is it likely he did that all in a single day? I don’t think so.

Sadly, I’m not sure how much LE is investigating this. According to this article, Hartville chief seems to say, if a crime occurred, it wasn’t in his jurisdiction. So, to him it’s a missing persons case, and the ball is in the hands of TN authorities. Has there been publicity about this around TN? Anyone know? Have they asked the public whether anyone saw someone dropping something off the bridge on the morning of the 5th? Have they asked boaters to be on the lookout for her body?

https://www.ohio.com/akron/writers/...her-in-river-after-she-died-of-natural-causes

<snipped>

Replying to my own post. Keep thinking about this timeline. Just doesn’t make sense.

1/4: drove 13-15 hrs from Hartville OH to Memphis TN, checked into Days Inn at Graceland

1/5: went to Graceland in morning, drove 2 hrs from Memphis to Benton County TN, checked into Benton County Days Inn

1/6: checked out at 3:30am, dropped Bobby in the river, and then drove 11-13 hrs back to Hartville OH

I’m just doubting that he would have driven those long drives on 1/4 and 1/6, with only a 2 hr drive on 1/5. Illogical to me. I’m wondering if it was actually spread over more days, and more hotels.

* travel times include time for pit stops along the way

From the pictures of his truck, it&#8217;s not an extended cab, so no back seat. The seats may recline, but I doubt it (again, judging from the photos of his truck). And I&#8217;ve never seen a ford truck that is fully open to the truck bed. Sometimes there&#8217;s a small sliding window above the level of the seats, but that would be awkward and probably too small.

So, good thought, but I don&#8217;t think it would be possible to transfer her body from the front to the back, without taking her out of the truck.

Thanks, and you're right. That's what I figured out after I posted, which is why I deleted my post.

I should have looked more closely at the photos of the truck beforehand. My apologies...

Thanks again...

MelmothTheLost=&#129315;..pounds fist on ground while roflmao!..

@Fluteforapiece=I’m unhealthy enough that I’ve made my wishes known, often & clearly..and I wish to be cremated too..1st) it’s less expensive (approx.$2k) than a casket&plot, which can easily be $5-10k..so, no Thanks don’t wish a financial burden on my kin, Plus, I want my ashes scattered in nature, but most of all; 2ndly) I personally I view bodies as husks an no longer occupied at that point (‘saw the light go out of X’s eyes’), and I can not stand the thought of bugs or rotting away buried underground..&#129335;&#127995;*&#9792;&#65039; just my own view on the topic if that helps you any...

@PetDetective=Not trying to be callous...a weekend at Bernie’s thing?..if that were the case, seems like he wouldn’t have lied about hotel stays & what not...*shrugs* just IMOO, but, as I said before, I could have believe PS’s ‘stories’ much more readily, if he had done something like that or had kept her body in his truck bed and been driving around (you know, sort of an “unable to let her got” kind of situation)...
But, to me, the fact that PS just ‘disposed’ of her body seems so callous & uncaring..(just in my mind..*shrugs*)...

DAnthrolgst: I Agree![emoji16][emoji1360]...Don’t look for me there, for there I no longer reside, I’ve risen to greatness, I’ve no reason to hide, I’ll be dancing on the winds, and laughing in the Sea, I’ll send You warm sunshine kisses, just don’t go look for me anywhere that I used to be, as I’ve traveled on from there, as I’m once more happy, and thankful that I’m finally, free..

@Gardner1850=
Yup! I said that before, PS just dosn’t seem like he has the physical wear with all to (or the individual motivation ..IMOO) to do much physically to dispose of Bobby’s body, whatever he did..and if he was confused that would in my mind add weight to the theory that he simply left her in the woods somewhere conveniently gotten to between PointA & Home, sadly however, PointA could be anywhere from Graceland all the way back local to his house...

For Me, it’s the lying that gets my goat..there’s coping to fill in knowledge gaps, or from a sense of guilt (guilt as in heart sick, not conscious of wrong doing guilt)...and it’s PS’s various lies (what they were..like staying at a hotel, and speaking to nonexistent EMT’s, etc..)
That make me further believe that all was not sweet innocence on PS’s part...

I’m curious to see what LE comes up with evidence wise at the house...as his little trip to ‘graceland’, may well have been his planned..’little trip of necessity to get rid of my wife’s body who I killed’...and yes, caregiver burn out may have been the motive (imho)

@Blonde in Spokane=
IF in iPhone & Tapatalk to quote multi-posts..
1) Go to the 1st Post You wish to Reply...
2) Hold Your Finger down on your phone screen on that 1st Commenter’s Post for a moment & then release..this should make a menu pop up for you:
“Quote”, “Thank”, “Share”, “More”...
3) Select “More”
4) Then a window will pop up with options:
“Report”, “Multi-Quote”, “Web View”
5) Select “Multi-Quote”
6) Your window will change and at the Top left to Right it will list: “Cancel”, “Posts Selected (X)” <=with “X” being the current number of Posts you have currently selected; and on the Farthest Right Side, will be a Comment Bubble Icon “[emoji187]” ...
7) IF You wish to add more Posts to Quote, simply scroll up or down or where-ever, in then forum comment posts and tap/select on that post...(then move on to the next)
When You click on that addt’l post, you will notice that the number of posts quoted tally that is listed will increase..For Example:
“Posts Selected (2)”....once you’ve selected all the posts you wish to quote then got to step 8..

8) To gain access to Your needed Comment Text Entry Window, Simply Select/Click/Press the Comment Bubble icon located all the way to thesf
IF you click the Comment Bubble, You will be taken to a Full Sized Comment Window for You to Enter Your comments, each of the posts you selected to include will be shown in your comment text window at the top..posts selected (X)...[emoji187]

***Note:The above is only my own opinions, thoughts, theories, views, and possible BIG Fish Tales; unless otherwise indicated by a website URL and/or reference to a direct origin source..Thanks!
The TRUTH WILL OUT!, and There will be a Reckoning, in this Life or the Next!

Replying to my own post. Keep thinking about this timeline. Just doesn&#8217;t make sense.

1/4: drove 13-15 hrs from Hartville OH to Memphis TN, checked into Days Inn at Graceland

1/5: went to Graceland in morning, drove 2 hrs from Memphis to Benton County TN, checked into Benton County Days Inn

1/6: checked out at 3:30am, dropped Bobby in the river, and then drove 11-13 hrs back to Hartville OH

I&#8217;m just doubting that he would have driven those long drives on 1/4 and 1/6, with only a 2 hr drive on 1/5. Illogical to me. I&#8217;m wondering if it was actually spread over more days, and more hotels.

* travel times include time for pit stops along the way

I agree with you. The timeline looks so odd. I tried to see if I could find more information and came up with this.

https://www.ohio.com/akron/news/wha...she-died-during-their-trip-to-elvis-graceland

From the link above, the following statements:

"Philip and Bobby told at least one of their children they were headed to Graceland... According to what Philip told police, this is what happened next:

He and Bobby packed up their white pickup and left early Jan. 4. They drove about 285 miles and stopped for the night at a Ramada Inn in Sparta, Ky.

The next morning they set out early for the remaining 440 miles to Graceland."

( BBM )

I don't believe though that LE has ever verified this stop in Sparta, Ky. I know the news media were not able to. ( Although I believe it was 'Steelslady' who informed us that motel staff are not allowed to give out that information. )

However, it doesn't sound like from Philip's later statements that Roberta was even alive at that point.

So though it would make sense, driving-wise, for him to stop in Ky for the night at that point, we don't know for sure that he did.

If she did die in her seat while he was driving, he may have panicked, and just kept driving on to Graceland while he tried to figure out what to do next.

More and more, I don't think he's all there. Whether it's a form of dementia, or some type of mental impairment/illness, I just don't think he's got it together. He's not seeing the big picture.

It seems he is just reacting in the moment, and not thinking through the consequences of any of his actions. Hence the lies after the fact.

Almost childlike. If there were truly malicious intentions I believe he would have made up better lies...

Again, he could have me fooled. This could all be part of the 'cover' so to speak.

'Crazy like a fox' is how the saying goes....

JMO

I agree with you. The timeline looks so odd. I tried to see if I could find more information and came up with this.

https://www.ohio.com/akron/news/wha...she-died-during-their-trip-to-elvis-graceland

From the link above, the following statements:

"Philip and Bobby told at least one of their children they were headed to Graceland... According to what Philip told police, this is what happened next:

He and Bobby packed up their white pickup and left early Jan. 4. They drove about 285 miles and stopped for the night at a Ramada Inn in Sparta, Ky.

The next morning they set out early for the remaining 440 miles to Graceland."

( BBM )

I don't believe though that LE has ever verified this stop in Sparta, Ky. I know the news media were not able to. ( Although I believe it was 'Steelslady' who informed us that motel staff are not allowed to give out that information. )

However, it doesn't sound like from Philip's later statements that Roberta was even alive at that point.

So though it would make sense, driving-wise, for him to stop in Ky for the night at that point, we don't know for sure that he did.

If she did die in her seat while he was driving, he may have panicked, and just kept driving on to Graceland while he tried to figure out what to do next.

More and more, I don't think he's all there. Whether it's a form of dementia, or some type of mental impairment/illness, I just don't think he's got it together. He's not seeing the big picture.

It seems he is just reacting in the moment, and not thinking through the consequences of any of his actions. Hence the lies after the fact.

Almost childlike. If there were truly malicious intentions I believe he would have made up better lies...

Again, he could have me fooled. This could all be part of the 'cover' so to speak.

'Crazy like a fox' is how the saying goes....

JMO

A stopover in KY would make more sense, driving-wise, but then the timeline has to shift one direction of another, if were to believe he stayed in Memphis on the night of 4th, and Benton County on the night of the 5th, dropping her body off the bridge on the morning of the 6th.

So, either they had to have left earlier than the 4th, or the Memphis - Benton County - bridge scenario would have to shift to the 5th - 6th - 7th.

The article you linked says her brother last saw her on the 1st, so it is possible they left on the 3rd. And I forgot, when did PS walk in to the paper with the obit? Was it Monday? If it was Monday, then it’s the later scenario is also possible.

And, would he have also stopped in KY on the trip home?

So many questions...

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, if it has I missed it.

“Sheriff Christopher said Philip Snider checked into a hotel about 6 miles away from the Tennessee River. Surveillance video showed Philip, but not Roberta, at the hotel.

The sheriff said police are investigating every version of Philip Snider’s story, which has changed multiple times. Investigators told Christopher the suspect is no longer cooperating with authorities.”
http://fox8.com/2018/01/23/search-f...n-tennessee-put-on-hold/?utm_source=related_1

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yoshi Baehr
Back