OH OH - Roberta 'Bobby' Snider, 70, Hartville, 4 Jan 2018 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was reading through some older articles, but I wasn’t sure if this quote from the Tennessee sheriff had already been posted? Article was from February 1st.
BBM

“We do know some of the facts are correct, but we don't know how much," said Benton County Sheriff Kenny Christopher.

Christopher said Philip Snider was "deceitful" on parts of the polygraph test he took but truthful on the section where he claimed he threw his wife's body into the Tennessee River.”

http://wmcactionnews5.com/story/374...band-of-missing-oh-woman-takes-polygraph-test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was reading through some older articles, but I wasn’t sure if this quote from the Tennessee sheriff had already been posted? Article was from February 1st.
BBM

“We do know some of the facts are correct, but we don't know how much," said Benton County Sheriff Kenny Christopher.

Christopher said Philip Snider was "deceitful" on parts of the polygraph test he took but truthful on the section where he claimed he threw his wife's body into the Tennessee River.”

http://m.wmcactionnews5.com/story/3...band-of-missing-oh-woman-takes-polygraph-test

The link is not working for me. Do u have a date for the article?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I haven't ruled out any scenarios. However, the dementia angle certainly resonates with me. :moo:

Yes, and my fact checking is exactly why I made the statements I did. Turns out LE is who has said she was dying of cancer.

From JazzTune's post from yesterday:

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I got a 404 server error on that link, so I will take you and JazzTune's word that it stated LE mentioned she was dying of cancer. Thank you.

Well. I guess the case is pretty much solved then. PS took her on a trip, she died on the way, he dumped her in the river, drove home, wrote obituary, end of story.

Brother called the cops, but doesn't suspect foul play and thinks PS has early onset dementia. I guess he only called the cops to have them look for her body.

Well. I guess the case is pretty much solved then. PS took her on a trip, she died on the way, he dumped her in the river, drove home, wrote obituary, end of story.

Brother called the cops, but doesn't suspect foul play and thinks PS has early onset dementia. I guess he only called the cops to have them look for her body.

You summed up exactly what I was thinking.

http://fox8.com/2018/02/01/i-team-police-gathering-new-evidence-in-search-for-missing-hartville-woman/

I knew that they took samples from the truck and home, but I didn't realize that they had a court order for PS DNA as well- for some reason, I thought it was Bobby's DNA they were searching for, in terms of her possibly passing away at home or in the truck. Please forgive me if this was already posted- hectic weekend of work and other things, and somehow, I missed reading the part that he had to give a sample as well. and it just caught my eye when I saw it.

They also stated in the article that he's told several stories now- meaning, what exactly? Did he change his mind about dumping her in the river and has a new story or two?

The chief says Snider has given officials several different versions of what took place.

“I really haven’t counted but there have been multiple versions of this story,” Dordea said.

No one is saying that. But you seemed to be implying that we shouldn't continue to theorize based on the possibility that he has dementia or the fact that she was dying of cancer.

I replied that I thought her cancer was a fact and that it's a pretty important nugget of information when the victim's own family suspects he has dementia.

That's it. It's like ping pong. You hit the ball, I hit it back. And on and on. No reason to get huffy and say, "Well I guess this case is solved, then."

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

http://fox8.com/2018/02/01/i-team-police-gathering-new-evidence-in-search-for-missing-hartville-woman/

I knew that they took samples from the truck and home, but I didn't realize that they had a court order for PS DNA as well- for some reason, I thought it was Bobby's DNA they were searching for, in terms of her possibly passing away at home or in the truck. Please forgive me if this was already posted- hectic weekend of work and other things, and somehow, I missed reading the part that he had to give a sample as well. and it just caught my eye when I saw it.

They also stated in the article that he's told several stories now- meaning, what exactly? Did he change his mind about dumping her in the river and has a new story or two?

The chief says Snider has given officials several different versions of what took place.

“I really haven’t counted but there have been multiple versions of this story,” Dordea said.

Yeah, I wonder about the dna. Wondering if there was blood in his house or car, and they want to confirm that it’s his blood and not Bobby’s? I’m thinking they wouldn’t just have her dna lying around to do a comparison. Though, otoh, they could take her hairbrush or something to get her dna.

Any other guesses on why they took his dna?

Expounding on my comment above, if I may- for all we know, he could have killed her at home and buried her somewhere in the woods either locally or on the way to Tennessee. He could have been using the trip as an alibi of sorts- in other words, he was trying to make her last birthday special, so he took her one more time- see, I have hotel receipts to prove we were there, see, I bought gas and food at such and such places for her and I, etc.

I have heard of cases where innocent people flunked the lie detector tests out of nerves- the poor grandmother in Jessica Lunsford case willingly took a polygraph test and flunked it, yet the poor lady had nothing to do with her horrific murder. I have also seen some suspects pass it like Gary Ridgway, the Green River Killer. While those tests are decent to get suspects talking, they are not full proof. He may have passed the part about dumping her body in the river- but it makes me wonder if he just was very calm during that part and wasn't fazed by the question, hence why no spike when he answered. This is why they're not admissible in court.

Please allow me a few minutes to process all the energy in the posts since this morning.

That's one good thing about WS posters. We sure bring some passion to our beliefs.

Steelslady, I deeply admire yours too. You have a strong sense of right and wrong, and will go to the mat to defend your beliefs.

Let me try to explain a few of mine. There are so few actual facts that have been released. So many blanks. I think we are all filling in those blanks through the filters of our own life experiences.

To me, it sort of feels like trying to come up with the correct phrase on that game show when you only have a couple of letters showing. So little to go on.

So, at this point, my mind is filling in the blanks to see him as more of a pathetic figure than a criminal. Doesn't mean I'm right. Just my opinion.

You see him differently and you could be right. I really appreciate you being here and sharing your opinions. You've brought up many good points with this post and others too.

They help remind us of all the other possibilities. So well, in fact, that half the time I'm right there on the other side myself!

At this time though, I think he's mentally impaired in some way.

I know I've posted a lot recently, but please don't think though that I'm trying to tell you or anyone else what to think about this case.

I don't want you to ever feel that opposing opinions are not welcome...

Yeah, I wonder about the dna. Wondering if there was blood in his house or car, and they want to confirm that it’s his blood and not Bobby’s? I’m thinking they wouldn’t just have her dna lying around to do a comparison. Though, otoh, they could take her hairbrush or something to get her dna.

Good points, thanks for bringing it up again. I posted my thoughts about it several days ago, so I would be very interested in what other people think about it too...

Good points, thanks for bringing it up again. I posted my thoughts about it several days ago, so I would be very interested in what other people think about it too...

Maybe they found blood in his truck, their house or in the hotel room? My question would be, if he’s cooperating with the investigation then why did LE have to get a court order to obtain a DNA sample from him?

JMO

Maybe they found blood in his truck, their house or in the hotel room? My question would be, if he’s cooperating with the investigation then why did LE have to get a court order to obtain a DNA sample from him?

JMO
Oh, he stopped cooperating a while ago...

From January 23:

The sheriff said police are investigating every version of Philip Snider’s story, which has changed multiple times. Investigators told Christopher the suspect is no longer cooperating with authorities.
http://fox8.com/2018/01/23/search-for-missing-hartville-woman-in-tennessee-put-on-hold/

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I could be way way off base, but I am wondering myself if there appeared to be a struggle either in the home or truck, and perhaps there were hair, blood, or skin bits found near the area they might suspect a struggle took place. If there was a struggle, she could have cut him or tried pulling at this hair, which would leave his DNA with hers as well. I'm assuming that they ran luminol and phenophthalein testing and found something that is causing them to want his DNA available. Again, I could be way way off base here, but they did mention in another article that they were using the FBI lab to help them with this case, and these would be tests that they would run during a potential murder case.

Edited to add: Just my opinion and thoughts, I don't have any facts that this is what they are looking at,

Please allow me a few minutes to process all the energy in the posts since this morning.

That's one good thing about WS posters. We sure bring some passion to our beliefs.

Steelslady, I deeply admire yours too. You have a strong sense of right and wrong, and will go to the mat to defend your beliefs.

Let me try to explain a few of mine. There are so few actual facts that have been released. So many blanks. I think we are all filling in those blanks through the filters of our own life experiences.

To me, it sort of feels like trying to come up with the correct phrase on that game show when you only have a couple of letters showing. So little to go on.

So, at this point, my mind is filling in the blanks to see him as more of a pathetic figure than a criminal. Doesn't mean I'm right. Just my opinion.

You see him differently and you could be right. I really appreciate you being here and sharing your opinions. You've brought up many good points with this post and others too.

They help remind us of all the other possibilities. So well, in fact, that half the time I'm right there on the other side myself!

At this time though, I think he's mentally impaired in some way.

I know I've posted a lot recently, but please don't think though that I'm trying to tell you or anyone else what to think about this case.

I don't want you to ever feel that opposing opinions are not welcome...

You are too sweet, and honestly, no one has made me feel this way. I think I am just beside myself with worry that something sinister did happen to Bobby, and that by sympathizing with her husband because of at this time, an alleged medical condition, is throwing us all off track. Until we know for sure this is the case with PS, I am just trying to caution others to pursue other avenues for the time being. Suspects have been known to change details without mental impairments, so again, just trying not to get "emotionally" attached to the husband so to speak, until more facts are available. If only they could find her body, that would answer so many questions and quell my own fears and many others, if she simply passed away on her own.

I enjoy posting with all of you, and I do enjoy and love all viewpoints. It helps me look at things from other's perspectives and there have been times when my mind has also swayed in the opposite direction because their thoughts fit the puzzle better than mine.

Thank you for your kind and sweet words. I enjoy all your posts as well- yours are so heartfelt and kind, and you always try to have an article to back things up and allow us too see where your thoughts come from. Much appreciated lady.

Bringing forward the photo of PS...
4d5c8198b96e2e4caf1ec7737628b23c.jpg

So mad at the lintelligencer.com website: I did a reverse image search, and the above picture appears to be kind of like a stock photo ... :mad:!!
https://www.google.com/search?tbs=s...FUdJaAu1zDv2gFGElnNH5-ZcqmNs-CX1OAfSMqTT1nIuQ

In fact, here are two articles that identify the couple as Ricardo Flores and his wife Lidia (Ricardo suffers from Alzheimer's :():
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/10-ways-manage-stress-healthy-caregiver-samantha-west

http://www.thenorthernlight.com/com...-loss-seminar/20100812_flores_la_0294_lowres/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back