OH OH - Roberta 'Bobby' Snider, 70, Hartville, 4 Jan 2018 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks, I just feel bad that some poor couple managed to get involved in a case they probably aren't even aware of due to some reporters haste! Here we all thought he was strong enough to lift her body and thinking he was physically fit, and it wasn't even him at all.

I agree, why haven't they posted a photo of him? At this point, he is at the very least, a person of interest. You would think they would have posted a photo to try to jog people's memories that might have seen the two together on the beginning of their trip to Graceland. I wonder if he's lawyered up?

No need to apologize. Please don't feel bad about it! I would have done the exact same thing without a moment's hesitation. Truly.

But I really appreciate your concern about it after the fact. That says a lot about your integrity...

( Thanks too for your very kind words earlier. I consider it a privilege to be posting on the same threads you are, even if we do have differing opinions...)

Regarding the photo - no one should feel bad about it because it's a natural assumption that the media would post a photo of the couple instead of a random photo of another couple. I mean, lordy! They already do this with stories about dog attacks - choosing a random dog, usually bigger and meaner looking than the actual dog, and sometimes not even the same breed. It's a major annoyance of mine, but it never occurred to me that this laziness would spill over into articles about people.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I’d like to take everyone back a moment to a January 12, 2018 article (1):

• MISSING: Roberta Snider (“Bobby”) (69yo)
• SPOUSE: Philip Snider (PA) (72yo)
• RELATIVE: Brian Hiesler, Brother of Bobby
• LE CONTACT: Hartville Police Chief, Larry Dordea
• DISTANCE: 728 MILE trip between Home & Memphis, TN
• HOME/LOCATION: St Abgail St Sw Hartville, OH
• Couple moved from Plain Township to Hartville 2008 having lost their previous home to foreclosure and Chapter 7 Bankruptcy a kin to the tune of $145,000 (verified per MSM)
• REPORTED MISSING: 01/09/18 - by Brian Hiesler, who went to Police after P.S. stated that ‘he had left her ashes down there’
• Brian Hiesler is the one who stated that he believed P.S. might be suffering frm dementia

===================
(2) = JUST TO CLARIFY:

• QUESTION HOME or HIM?:
A=The question previously about whether it was PS or Home numbers being blocked in truck pics next to home, the answer is, that they (MSM) were blocking out the home address number. As clearly seen in this video (both blocked/fuzzed out & when far enough back the numbers aren’t visible, you can see the address plaque.

• WHERE’s ROBERTA “THE” BRIDGE:
A=In the video per MSM is a view of the bridge from which P.S. originally claimed to have thrown Roberta’s body into the River.
==========================
(3) Review of a Few Facts

• Original Claim of:
Roberta died, PS waved down EMS, who then whisked her body away to parts unknown to him, so he went home
• LE verified that Roberta NEVER checked into ANY HOTELS
• ONLY PS at hotel near Graceland
• PS tells LE that ‘thought it more humane’ and ‘couldn’t stand the thought of (Roberta) being burned’
• Per FBI PS did take Polygraph & the Results still being analyzed

•••••••••••••••••••••••••
MY Comments
••••••••••••••••••••••••
I mention the above information, because the dementia is not medically confirmed that I know of...but, above (Roberta’s Brother) looks to be where that originated...

Personally, while dementia is a possibility (imho it would just be a side component). As I still land on the side of ‘nefarious’, because to me (yes colored by my own bias), P.S.’s story would be far more believable if P.S. had attempted to keep Roberta w/him stashed away instead of just disposing of Bobby/her body like trash...which to me is what he seems to have done, as I’ve always said..’crazy like a fox’ and by that I mean, not at all..I’m thinking Bobby likely didn’t make the from their home to PS’s truck, much less anywhere else while alive and well...

My QUESTIONS:
1) Life Insurance Policy Amount?
2) Current State of Debt/Finances? For Ex: what is the status of their home mortgage? Current or in arrears?
3) When was Roberta actually LAST SEEN alive?

••••••••••••••••••••••
SOURCES LIST:
••••••••••••••••••••••
1 • ARTICLE CANTON REPORTER (01/12/2018) Reviews Case:
http://www.cantonrep.com/news/20180112/hartville-police-probing-womans-road-trip-death

2 • ARTICLE FOX 8 NEWS, PLUS VIDEO
(01/22/2018):
http://fox8.com/2018/01/22/husband-...ssee-river-after-wife-died-of-natural-causes/
3• AKRON BEACON JOURNAL
(01/22 & 01/23/2018)
https://www.ohio.com/akron/writers/...her-in-river-after-she-died-of-natural-causes

***Note:The above is only my own opinions, thoughts, theories, views, and possible BIG Fish Tales; unless otherwise indicated by a website URL and/or reference to a direct origin source..Thanks!
The TRUTH WILL OUT!, and There will be a Reckoning, in this Life or the Next!

• Couple moved from Plain Township to Hartville 2008 having lost their previous home to foreclosure and Chapter 7 Bankruptcy a kin to the tune of $145,000 (verified per MSM)
• REPORTED MISSING: 01/09/18 - by Brian Hiesler, who went to Police after P.S. stated that ‘he had left her ashes down there’
• Brian Hiesler is the one who stated that he believed P.S. might be suffering frm dementia

===================
(2) = JUST TO CLARIFY:

• QUESTION HOME or HIM?:
A=The question previously about whether it was PS or Home numbers being blocked in truck pics next to home, the answer is, that they (MSM) were blocking out the home address number. As clearly seen in this video (both blocked/fuzzed out & when far enough back the numbers aren’t visible, you can see the address plaque.

A=In the video per MSM is a view of the bridge from which P.S. originally claimed to have thrown Roberta’s body into the River.

• Original Claim of:
Roberta died, PS waved down EMS, who then whisked her body away to parts unknown to him, so he went home
• PS tells LE that ‘thought it more humane’ and ‘couldn’t stand the thought of (Roberta) being burned’

MY Comments
••••••••••••••••••••••••
I mention the above information, because the dementia is not medically confirmed that I know of...but, above (Roberta’s Brother) looks to be where that originated...

Personally, while dementia is a possibility (imho it would just be a side component). As I still land on the side of ‘nefarious’, because to me (yes colored by my own bias), P.S.’s story would be far more believable if P.S. had attempted to keep Roberta w/him stashed away instead of just disposing of Bobby/her body like trash...which to me is what he seems to have done, as I’ve always said..’crazy like a fox’ and by that I mean, not at all..I’m thinking Bobby likely didn’t make the from their home to PS’s truck, much less anywhere else while alive and well...

My QUESTIONS:
2) Current State of Debt/Finances? For Ex: what is the status of their home mortgage? Current or in arrears?

••••••••••••••••••••••
SOURCES LIST:
••••••••••••••••••••••
http://www.cantonrep.com/news/20180112/hartville-police-probing-womans-road-trip-death

(01/22/2018):
http://fox8.com/2018/01/22/husband-...ssee-river-after-wife-died-of-natural-causes/
3• AKRON BEACON JOURNAL
(01/22 & 01/23/2018)
https://www.ohio.com/akron/writers/...her-in-river-after-she-died-of-natural-causes

***Note:The above is only my own opinions, thoughts, theories, views, and possible BIG Fish Tales; unless otherwise indicated by a website URL and/or reference to a direct origin source..Thanks!
From the first article, it appears that Philip allowed the search of his home:

"He said Philip Snider allowed them to search his home and police recovered receipts from the trip. Dordea said police are in the process of trying to track down video footage that could have captured the Sniders along the 728-mile trek to Memphis."

From the third article, it appears that he was set on getting her all the way to Graceland for the last time, which would be odd if he had killed her:

"Christopher said Snider told authorities his wife was sick with cancer and died from her illness in Kentucky, on the way to Memphis, and he continued on to Graceland."

Also of note, LE stated in the third article that Hartville police are investigating this as a missing persons case, which indicates that at least at the time they did not think she was killed in Ohio at home. From the article:

"'The Hartville Police Department is investigating a missing person case,' Dordea said. 'Somehow, somewhere this missing person stopped breathing, then presumably after she stopped breathing, she was thrown into the Tennessee River. That portion, if true, is the jurisdiction of the Benton county sheriff … If she stopped breathing in her living room, that jurisdiction would be mine.'"

And one small correction. If the obituary that the son helped write is correct, I believe that all of MSM has assumed that Philip's BIL is Roberta's brother, while in fact, he is also her BIL - her sister's husband.

===================
(2) = JUST TO CLARIFY:

• QUESTION HOME or HIM?:

• Original Claim of:

MY Comments
••••••••••••••••••••••••

My QUESTIONS:

••••••••••••••••••••••
SOURCES LIST:
••••••••••••••••••••••

(01/22/2018):
3• AKRON BEACON JOURNAL
(01/22 & 01/23/2018)

#1 - THANK YOU for putting together such a concise summary of the case.

#2 - Just want to add that LE also confirmed that PS stayed at a Days Inn in Benton County TN....

"The police chief in Hartville contacted me and said they were getting a lot of conflicting stories from Mr. Snider, but myself and my investigators have been able to confirm that he did stay at the Days Inn in Memphis and he did stay at the Days Inn here in Benton County at exit 126," Christopher said.

"His story to them now is that he stayed in Memphis and went to Graceland and had her in the back of the truck after she died," Christopher said. "He spent the night there with her in the back of the truck. The next day, he came back to Benton County and stayed at the Days Inn, we have confirmed that and the video showed him to be alone when he was there and she was still in the truck if the story is true."

http://www.kare11.com/article/news/...land/465-4fbc8ccd-0622-4e32-b21a-3b8001e811d1

#3 - I go back & forth on nefarious vs. natural causes. Seems like you’d dump a body if you want to cover COD. A) if they never find the body, how can they prove COD; B) if they find the body, it may be too far gone to determine COD. OTOH, dementia or no, some people just have some pretty bizarre ideas, one last visit to Graceland and then returning her body to nature may just be one of those ideas (made sense to him at the time, but bizarre to anyone else). OTOOH (on the other, other hand), there’s the multiple stories.

#1 - THANK YOU for putting together such a concise summary of the case.

#2 - Just want to add that LE also confirmed that PS stayed at a Days Inn in Benton County TN....

"The police chief in Hartville contacted me and said they were getting a lot of conflicting stories from Mr. Snider, but myself and my investigators have been able to confirm that he did stay at the Days Inn in Memphis and he did stay at the Days Inn here in Benton County at exit 126," Christopher said.

"His story to them now is that he stayed in Memphis and went to Graceland and had her in the back of the truck after she died," Christopher said. "He spent the night there with her in the back of the truck. The next day, he came back to Benton County and stayed at the Days Inn, we have confirmed that and the video showed him to be alone when he was there and she was still in the truck if the story is true."

http://www.kare11.com/article/news/...land/465-4fbc8ccd-0622-4e32-b21a-3b8001e811d1

#3 - I go back & forth on nefarious vs. natural causes. Seems like you’d dump a body if you want to cover COD. A) if they never find the body, how can they prove COD; B) if they find the body, it may be too far gone to determine COD. OTOH, dementia or no, some people just have some pretty bizarre ideas, one last visit to Graceland and then returning her body to nature may just be one of those ideas (made sense to him at the time, but bizarre to anyone else). OTOOH (on the other, other hand), there’s the multiple stories.
This is one of the things that makes me give him the benefit of the doubt. If he did in fact take her body all the way to Graceland, then it makes an odd sort of sense that someone who would do this /think this was a good idea (and an idea that honors her final wishes), might also take very seriously the idea of returning her body to nature in a way that avoids what she did not want (many people who want to be cremated are very against the idea of being embalmed and all that it entails) while also avoiding what he could not bear (the idea of her being burned).

I also keep thinking about what would lead to this response from a sibling if this were to happen in my family.

I think that if my father, who is a bit older than Philip, were to have a story like this, we would not react with, "oh, he must have dementia." However, if my step father had a story like this, that would be my reaction because I already have reason to suspect he's getting dementia.

So I think that if Bobbie's siblings are normal people, they would only have this reaction if there had been previous signs of issues with dementia.

Looking at the family, it appears that all but one sister lives in Ohio as well. There is a greater likelihood, then, that they knew Philip pretty well. I just can't imagine my siblings having this reaction, and stating it publicly to a newspaper, unless they had very strong suspicions previously that my husband had been suffering from some sort of dementia.

Yes, they could be wrong, and we don't have confirmation of a diagnosis. However, imagine how strongly you would have to suspect this to actually speak to a newspaper about it.

Yes, they could be wrong, and we don't have confirmation of a diagnosis. However, imagine how strongly you would have to suspect this to actually speak to a newspaper about it.

Or, they could be in denial. If this guy was 15 years younger it would be a whole different conversation.

===================
(2) = JUST TO CLARIFY:

• QUESTION HOME or HIM?:

• Original Claim of:

MY Comments
••••••••••••••••••••••••

My QUESTIONS:

••••••••••••••••••••••
SOURCES LIST:
••••••••••••••••••••••

(01/22/2018):
3• AKRON BEACON JOURNAL
(01/22 & 01/23/2018)

Thank you for this outstanding post of the earlier facts in this case! Great job, and it brings it all together in one post the original story and comments made by her brother. Much appreciated!

I, too, don't think she was alive when he left for that trip. Was she already perhaps in garbage bags before he/they left for Graceland? I would just like to know if anyone saw her alive from the beginning of the trip to at least Kentucky. According to PS, she died on the way, but here's where I am confused- I could have sworn he first said it happened in Kentucky, on the way to Graceland. So, if she had been alive during that time period and she died as he said she did, how did no one see him stashing her in garbage bags and into the back of the truck? Most hotels have cameras all around the property, and as one who has worked previously at a hotel, I can tell you with absolute certainty that many smokers go out all hours of the day and night- even after midnight, to smoke, as most hotels don't allow smoking in their rooms now. Even those that have smoking rooms- those rooms are very limited now and are usually on the top floor or at the far left wing or right wing of the hotel, and those rooms fill up fast- many smokers end up staying in non-smoking rooms and have to go outside to smoke, or they have to pay a fine if caught smoking in the room.

So, given that tidbit of information that may not be important at the moment- if he really did do this at the hotel, I just can't believe that someone didn't see him take a body out of the front seat, bag her up, and toss her in the back until he dumped her into the river. The hotel cameras have non stop video and images on the screen that Night Auditors and security (some hotels have security at night) watch throughout the night to make sure no mischief is going on- it would have shown up if he did this at the hotel parking lot at some point. That's what makes me think she was already wrapped up in garbage bags before he left for Graceland. Perhaps he was upset by the smell, which he didn't anticipate, as well as leaking body fluids, which is why he was agitated and wanted to know where the nearest car wash was.

I keep going back and forth with this case, wanting to believe he truly didn't harm her and was taking her one more time to her favorite place, but the facts presented so far, along with DNA samples taken from him, the house and truck, and his constant stories changing, keeps me thinking there is much more to this story, that it is possible that he did hurt her and tried to cover up by dumping her in the river. My worry is that he put something heavy inside like bricks or something to weigh her down so that she won't be found for a very very long time, IF she is even in that river at all.

From the first article, it appears that Philip allowed the search of his home:

"Christopher said Snider told authorities his wife was sick with cancer and died from her illness in Kentucky, on the way to Memphis, and he continued on to Graceland."

So the only confirmation we have of her having cancer is from the hubby?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have two questions that I would like to ask everyone here. I want to make it clear- there is no "pass/fail", "right or wrong opinions" here. I just want your honest and true thoughts.

1. Let's pretend, just for now, that Bobby's brother never mentioned that he thinks PS might have dementia. Keeping the rest of the facts but discarding that comment, what would your opinion be about what happened to Bobby and PS's actions?

2. Is it possible that he might have buried her closer to home somewhere or perhaps in Kentucky or Tennessee, and maybe he dumped something else in the river, such as murder weapon or garbage bags he used to put her in until he buried her. That would make it a part truth that he dumped something in the river that morning, hence why that part of lie detector test was accurate?

No. Other articles state that LE has said this as well. There is a post from the last day or two with a quote from another, later article, I think.

Some news reports say, LE said PS said she was dying of cancer; some say LE said she was dying of cancer. I can’t tell for certain whether it’s just sloppy reporting, or whether LE has actually confirmed she’s dying of cancer. I feel certain LE has checked it out, I’m just not sure msm has the story straight.

I have two questions that I would like to ask everyone here. I want to make it clear- there is no "pass/fail", "right or wrong opinions" here. I just want your honest and true thoughts.

1. Let's pretend, just for now, that Bobby's brother never mentioned that he thinks PS might have dementia. Keeping the rest of the facts but discarding that comment, what would your opinion be about what happened to Bobby and PS's actions?

2. Is it possible that he might have buried her closer to home somewhere or perhaps in Kentucky or Tennessee, and maybe he dumped something else in the river, such as murder weapon or garbage bags he used to put her in until he buried her. That would make it a part truth that he dumped something in the river that morning, hence why that part of lie detector test was accurate?
I know what my thoughts were before I had the details about potential dementia because I had already formed questions the minute I saw the headline.

I think the first details I had from a headline was that a husband had somehow misplaced his wife's dead body on a trip to Graceland. My immediate thoughts were:

-Wait, what??!

-How old is this guy?

-Does he have some sort of dementia?

And then I read the article.

Some news reports say, LE said PS said she was dying of cancer; some say LE said she was dying of cancer. I can’t tell for certain whether it’s just sloppy reporting, or whether LE has actually confirmed she’s dying of cancer. I feel certain LE has checked it out, I’m just not sure msm has the story straight.
My thinking is that if she was not dying of cancer, the reaction of the siblings probably would have been different, dementia or not.

Or, they could be in denial. If this guy was 15 years younger it would be a whole different conversation.
Could be, BUT, denial is more likely to happen, IMO, if a blood relative is accused of murder, rather than if someone is accused of murdering a blood relative.

Natural instincts tend to be protecting a blood relative and getting justice for a blood relative rather than protecting potential murderer of blood relative.

Could be, BUT, denial is more likely to happen, IMO, if a blood relative is accused of murder, rather than if someone is accused of murdering a blood relative.

Natural instincts tend to be protecting a blood relative and getting justice for a blood relative rather than protecting potential murderer of blood relative.

Ah, very interesting! I never thought about it that way, but it makes sense.

1) My opinion would probably be the same that PS hurt Bobby somewhere and disposed of her body. I was very close to my mom and noticed things were very off about her just before her official diagnosis of AZ. Although she was still functioning quite well in her own home environment, there’s no way she could’ve driven all the way to Memphis, TN and back alone. I’m not sure what to believe about the brother comments of PS having dementia though? Maybe PS told the brother that he was having some *memory issues* with remembering what exactly happened to Bobby in Tennessee and the brother took that as PS had dementia?

2) I hope and pray that LE have checked the areas around their home because I believe that she could very well be buried or disposed of in one of the lakes or rivers nearby their home. Or something happened in the home and he transported her body in the back of his truck to Tennessee.

*Just to add, I scoured through as many family members FB pages and photos as I could find last night, and although there were many, many extended family photos posted, I could not find one referencing or picturing Bobby or PS on any one of their pages.

JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know if I really believe it to be true or not (that he has dementia), but after talking with someone who lives and works there, I left with the feeling that the talk-around-town is that most believe he has dementia and just forgot what happened. They seem to be feeling very sad for him which then sorta conflicts with the statement their police chief gave to Fox8 the other day.
JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no opinion on whether or not he has dementia. I just haven’t been around people with dementia much, and the 70+ yo men I know don’t have dementia, so no point of reference. So,...

1) Assisted suicide, or putting her out of her misery. Assuming....that she was dying of cancer, they’ve been married 50+ years, no history of marital issues, no criminal history...just not ready to make the leap to murder.

2) Anything’s possible, but at this point, I still think he dropped her body off that bridge. If not that bridge, than A bridge.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06
Back