OH OH - Roberta 'Bobby' Snider, 70, Hartville, 4 Jan 2018 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Happy Birthday to your Mom in heaven! I am so sorry to hear of what she went through with dementia, and the pain it caused you to watch her decline. It is absolutely brutal and heartbreaking to witness. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. May you find comfort in knowing she is no longer suffering with this illness and just know how much comfort and joy you brought to her over the years before and during her illness. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thank you, Steelslady. ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for your kind words, JazzTune. I miss my mom very much. Today is her birthday and she would’ve been 76.

Alzheimer’s is such a horrible disease and from the time mom was diagnosed until she passed away in 2014, it was a little over 11 years. It’s just so hard when you watch someone you love so much, who was once so independent and so full of life, deteriorate away like that. Breaks my heart. [emoji174]

Happy Birthday to your Mom in heaven! I am so sorry to hear of what she went through with dementia, and the pain it caused you to watch her decline. It is absolutely brutal and heartbreaking to witness. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. May you find comfort in knowing she is no longer suffering with this illness and just know how much comfort and joy you brought to her over the years before and during her illness. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Oh my gosh, your mom's birthday? What an emotional day this must be for you.

Your mom was so young too when she was diagnosed, only in her early 60's. She was robbed of so many good years! It's bad enough when people are diagnosed in their 80's, but at least many of them have had a full life before the diagnosis.

But early 60's? Those should have been good years for her. Even right now, had she still been alive in good health, this 76th birthday could have been wonderful too.

So sorry for this tragedy for her and for you. I can't imagine how devastating that must have been...

Steelslady said it very well, and I agree with every word..

Happy heavenly birthday to your mom...

Ok, folks- here's the answer I was given by the wonderful and truly awesome reporter, Amanda Garrett:

Police have never publicly released a photo of Mr. Snider. He faces no charges so there's not a mug shot or public record to request. I know they have pulled video from hotels and talked to people there to confirm some of the story (and that's what upended Mr. Snider's initial story about what happened).

I do not know if Snider has early onset dementia. No one has ever told me that. My parents lived with me for awhile and both had mild dementia. I couldn't have imagined them being able to make this journey, but that doesn't mean Mr. Snider couldn't.

There are many aspects about this case that I do not understand. Several people have left messages on my voicemail, for instance, asking why Mr. Snider has not been charged. I do not know, but I wonder if law enforcment thinks the best chance of finding Roberta might be to keep a somewhat friendly relationship with her husband. I they charge Mr. Snider, it would be very likely a lawyer would cut off any further talks between him and investigators.

I'm still not even sure -- because no law enforcement has specified, at least not that that I've seen...and certainly not to me -- that Roberta ever left Hartville.

Wish I had more answers. It's frustrating.

Should a Moderator wish to confirm my email with Ms. Garrett, I am more than willing to forward it to you- just send me a private message with the email you prefer me to send it to, and I will definitely oblige. Thank you.

Thanks so much for sharing her reply with us.

It was interesting to read. Her opinions sure have a familiar ring. Sounds like she would fit right in with us really well...

JMO

Because I want to be cremated and have let my family know this, I have become very aware of just how disturbing that is to some. My father is adamantly against it and believes it is completely disrespectful.

Part of my reasons for it are because of the environment and all of this space being taken up by dead people in cemeteries. But really, I made the decision after seeing a very graphic scene in a show years ago that went into great detail about what embalming entails. It was quite different from the scrubbed version you get on the internet from funeral home associations, which isn't a lie, but also doesn't seem to be the full truth.

Anyway, I was thoroughly disgusted. But I also realize that some people likely feel as strongly against cremation as I do against embalming. So I can understand someone not being able to bring themselves to have something done to a loved one's body if they had strong feelings about the method.

Something that just occurred to me is that Philip may have feared that if he brought her body back, his sons or in-laws would force him to abide by her wishes to be cremated. Whether they could force the issue or not is irrelevant. It only matters if he believed they could.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This is a great point! It never entered my mind until you said it. Makes sense too. If she told her family she wanted to be cremated, then he knew his objections would be overruled.

Plus it might even be the motivation for the weird obituary. He may have thought if he had it published, then it would convince them that the cremation had already occurred.

Wasn't it one of his early versions to the brother that she had died and he had left her ashes down there? I think it was the initial one even before the ambulance came into the picture.

So you might be on to something.

Sounds like he was going to do whatever he had to do to keep her from being cremated...

JMO

This is a great point! It never entered my mind until you said it. Makes sense too. If she told her family she wanted to be cremated, then he knew his objections would be overruled.

Plus it might even be the motivation for the weird obituary. He may have thought if he had it published, then it would convince them that the cremation had already occurred.

Wasn't it one of his early versions to the brother that she had died and he had left her ashes down there? I think it was the initial one even before the ambulance came into the picture.

So you might be on to something.

Sounds like he was going to do whatever he had to do to keep her from being cremated...

JMO
Weird way of thinking, I know, but it just might be his entire motivation for this bizarre event, and it would explain why he came up with that first story (that she was cremated down there) and the obituary. When this story didn't end the questions, he then realized that he had to tell the truth.

Heck, it could also explain why he may have removed her body from their home, as some people suspect he did.

It could be this simple.

I hope his family is getting him a full neurological examination.

Weird way of thinking, I know, but it just might be his entire motivation for this bizarre event, and it would explain why he came up with that first story (that she was cremated down there) and the obituary. When this story didn't end the questions, he then realized that he had to tell the truth.

Heck, it could also explain why he may have removed her body from their home, as some people suspect he did.

It could be this simple.

I hope his family is getting him a full neurological examination.

Oh my gosh, yes! She really could have died at home but he wasn't having ANY part of any cremation. Nope. Not happening.

So could he have bundled her up at home, placed her in the back of the truck in the garage, as Gussified said, and took off?

If this be true, you are so right. He would need a full neuro work up.

Thanks, you've given me a new angle to think about...

JMO

His thinking seems clear, though the logic may not be, to bury Bobbie in the Tennessee River. And he went to some effort to make that happen. If he was simply disposing of a body there are much closer bodies of water in OH, Lake Erie for instance.

Though I don't understand and I'm not convinced there is dementia there are signs, going daily to Burger King for instance. Maybe the river held some sentimental attachment to them. For everyone's sake I hope he can explain fully to them.

[video]https://g.co/kgs/dzbzBs[/video]

Thank you for this outstanding post of the earlier facts in this case! Great job, and it brings it all together in one post the original story and comments made by her brother. Much appreciated!

I, too, don't think she was alive when he left for that trip. Was she already perhaps in garbage bags before he/they left for Graceland? I would just like to know if anyone saw her alive from the beginning of the trip to at least Kentucky. According to PS, she died on the way, but here's where I am confused- I could have sworn he first said it happened in Kentucky, on the way to Graceland. So, if she had been alive during that time period and she died as he said she did, how did no one see him stashing her in garbage bags and into the back of the truck? Most hotels have cameras all around the property, and as one who has worked previously at a hotel, I can tell you with absolute certainty that many smokers go out all hours of the day and night- even after midnight, to smoke, as most hotels don't allow smoking in their rooms now. Even those that have smoking rooms- those rooms are very limited now and are usually on the top floor or at the far left wing or right wing of the hotel, and those rooms fill up fast- many smokers end up staying in non-smoking rooms and have to go outside to smoke, or they have to pay a fine if caught smoking in the room.

So, given that tidbit of information that may not be important at the moment- if he really did do this at the hotel, I just can't believe that someone didn't see him take a body out of the front seat, bag her up, and toss her in the back until he dumped her into the river. The hotel cameras have non stop video and images on the screen that Night Auditors and security (some hotels have security at night) watch throughout the night to make sure no mischief is going on- it would have shown up if he did this at the hotel parking lot at some point. That's what makes me think she was already wrapped up in garbage bags before he left for Graceland. Perhaps he was upset by the smell, which he didn't anticipate, as well as leaking body fluids, which is why he was agitated and wanted to know where the nearest car wash was.

I keep going back and forth with this case, wanting to believe he truly didn't harm her and was taking her one more time to her favorite place, but the facts presented so far, along with DNA samples taken from him, the house and truck, and his constant stories changing, keeps me thinking there is much more to this story, that it is possible that he did hurt her and tried to cover up by dumping her in the river. My worry is that he put something heavy inside like bricks or something to weigh her down so that she won't be found for a very very long time, IF she is even in that river at all.

( BBM )

Quoting your exact same post again, because I'm reconsidering the part I bolded.

Thinking from a new angle, and leaning that way just a little bit more...

JMO

This case.....:gaah::tantrum::banghead::rollercoaster:

Oh my gosh, your mom's birthday? What an emotional day this must be for you.

Your mom was so young too when she was diagnosed, only in her early 60's. She was robbed of so many good years! It's bad enough when people are diagnosed in their 80's, but at least many of them have had a full life before the diagnosis.

But early 60's? Those should have been good years for her. Even right now, had she still been alive in good health, this 76th birthday could have been wonderful too.

So sorry for this tragedy for her and for you. I can't imagine how devastating that must have been...

Steelslady said it very well, and I agree with every word..

Happy heavenly birthday to your mom...
O/T
Thank you JazzTune. I know, it was just so sad for mom. She was a beautiful woman and always so well put together and she and Dad were really looking forward to doing some fun things and traveling during their retirement. They’d taken ballroom dance lessons for years and traveled all over with their dance group competing locally and out-of-state. They were really good. Dad had built a dance floor and put mirrors on the walls in their big garage where they used to practice their dances every evening. The neighbors would bring their lawn chairs over to watch and cheer them on. [emoji4]
When we first noticed something might be wrong, mom would miss a step or miss a turn during competition which was highly unusual for her to do. Dad still watches those videos of the two of them dancing together and remembering the good old days. Sometimes life just seems unfair.

Dad was so wonderful with her though..the best caregiver that anyone could ever ask for and he cared for mom at home all of those years until she passed away. We had to have hospice for the last 6 months because she’d become bedridden and we couldn’t lift her anymore. It just really meant a lot to dad to be able to care for her there at home the entire time and I’m very thankful that we were able to do that.

O/T
Thank you JazzTune. I know, it was just so sad for mom. She was a beautiful woman and always so well put together and she and Dad were really looking forward to doing some fun things and traveling during their retirement. They’d taken ballroom dance lessons for years and traveled all over with their dance group competing locally and out-of-state. They were really good. Dad had built a dance floor and put mirrors on the walls in their big garage where they used to practice their dance every evening. The neighbors would bring their lawn chairs over to watch and cheer them on. [emoji4]
When we first noticed something might be wrong, mom would miss a step or miss a turn during competition which was highly unusual for her to do. Dad still watches those videos of the two of them dancing together and remembering the good old days. Sometimes life just seems unfair.

Dad was so wonderful with her though..the best caregiver that anyone could ever ask for and he cared for mom at home all of those years until she passed away. We had to have hospice for the last 6 months because she’d become bedridden and we couldn’t lift her anymore. It just really meant a lot to dad to be able to care for her there at home the entire time and I’m very thankful that we were able to do that.

Thank you so much for telling us about your mom. Sounds like she was an amazing lady! And such a great dancer along with your dad.

Your dad, oh my. He sounds so kind and caring. Your mom was blessed to have him.

They must have had so much fun together during those dancing years.

Then that horrible disease. The last months sound brutal. What courage it must have taken for all of you to get through all those years.

Special people! Thanks for letting us know about them...

His thinking seems clear, though the logic may not be, to bury Bobbie in the Tennessee River. And he went to some effort to make that happen. If he was simply disposing of a body there are much closer bodies of water in OH, Lake Erie for instance.

Though I don't understand and I'm not convinced there is dementia there are signs, going daily to Burger King for instance. Maybe the river held some sentimental attachment to them. For everyone's sake I hope he can explain fully to them.

[video]https://g.co/kgs/dzbzBs[/video]

I hear what you're saying, and basically I agree. But I don't think there's anyway he could fully explain his all his actions to anyone's satisfaction. Not even himself.

It's a pretty big jump to go from not wanting her to be cremated, to the point of hauling her body around in his truck for a day or so. Her body that he placed in plastic garbage bags.

Bodies are not easy to handle, physically or psychologically. To me, that takes a huge mental impairment of some type, to even consider it.

So I'm not disagreeing with your post, but only with the inference that he could fully explain it. I don't think it is possible.

That's the distinction I'm trying to make.

If this was his motivation, something is not right in his head. That's why I believe he should have a complete neuro work up.

JMO

O/T
Thank you JazzTune. I know, it was just so sad for mom. She was a beautiful woman and always so well put together and she and Dad were really looking forward to doing some fun things and traveling during their retirement. They’d taken ballroom dance lessons for years and traveled all over with their dance group competing locally and out-of-state. They were really good. Dad had built a dance floor and put mirrors on the walls in their big garage where they used to practice their dances every evening. The neighbors would bring their lawn chairs over to watch and cheer them on. [emoji4]

Oh, my gosh you have me in tears.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

But really, I made the decision after seeing a very graphic scene in a show years ago that went into great detail about what embalming entails. It was quite different from the scrubbed version you get on the internet from funeral home associations, which isn't a lie, but also doesn't seem to be the full truth.

SNIPPED BY ME FOR FOCUS!

You may want to check your funeral homes. I know my great aunt and my Mom were NOT embalmed, but I don't know if Dad was or not. It's an option to not have it done now. Of course I'm not trying to change your mind on cremation as it's a personal decision.

Do we know what day and where he bought the garbage bags? If he bought them before he left the house, I would say she was dead already. Otherwise, he'd have to load her body in the back, drive for hours, buy the bags, then pull over somewhere to put her in the bag (no easy feat with a dead person), then drive further, then pick a location, dump her and be on his way home. Ease to get the job done and concealment would be important here. She could have been dead and in the back of the truck the entire trip, until he dumped her. IMO

Do we know what day and where he bought the garbage bags? If he bought them before he left the house, I would say she was dead already. Otherwise, he'd have to load her body in the back, drive for hours, buy the bags, then pull over somewhere to put her in the bag (no easy feat with a dead person), then drive further, then pick a location, dump her and be on his way home. Ease to get the job done and concealment would be important here. She could have been dead and in the back of the truck the entire trip, until he dumped her. IMO

Great minds think alike [emoji6]

Possibly, if I were LE I would think it would be worth checking the surveillance footage of nearby stores. Verifying that he purchased the bags on the trip would at least prove she wasn’t already bagged up when he left home.

I think the answer to that would speak volumes.

Great minds think alike [emoji6]

I think the answer to that would speak volumes.

I asked that same question earlier in the thread- obviously LE is keeping that info along with many other details quiet for the time being.

He may have had them on hand at home. I do.

He may have had them on hand at home. I do.

I think what folks were wondering where he bought them was because in an earlier article, it stated that he bought them after she died on the way to Tennessee. Of course, if she died at home, he could very well have used their own trash bags to wrap her up in.

In this January 22nd WKYC news video, the Hartville police chief says PS was gone for “3 nights away and 4 hotels...don’t know why?”
I may’ve missed it before, but this is the first I recall hearing about PS having 4 hotel rooms.
https://youtu.be/Y4lhS8jcq2Y

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9