OH OH - Roberta 'Bobby' Snider, 70, Hartville, 4 Jan 2018 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No one is saying that. But you seemed to be implying that we shouldn't continue to theorize based on the possibility that he has dementia or the fact that she was dying of cancer.

I replied that I thought her cancer was a fact and that it's a pretty important nugget of information when the victim's own family suspects he has dementia.

That's it. It's like ping pong. You hit the ball, I hit it back. And on and on. No reason to get huffy and say, "Well I guess this case is solved, then."

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

But I expect us to play ping pong back and forth whenever we post- we've done this for a bit, but honestly, I enjoy it and have learned a lot from you- that's the truth. You also put the breaks on us when facts are confused with rumors- another quality I like and respect about you- that is needed here, always.

My frustration- not with you or anyone here, is that it is so easy to get "attached" to a person we suspect may have an illness because we have loved ones and friends that have the same and honestly, all of our stories are just heartbreaking to witness, and heartbreaking to read as well. I would rather that this be the same- that he loved his wife very much, wanted to make her last birthday a special one with him, and she died on the way. But until I see the evidence of this, my head keeps saying, there's more to it than this.

If I am wrong, I will definitely apologize and admit it, and trust me, I pray that I am wrong. I so want this to be a loving and happy ending (in his heart and head) to her life than something awful or sinister.

Yet, the cops using the FBI lab and the chief is getting upset with his numerous stories keeps me holding sympathy back.

So mad at the lintelligencer.com website: I did a reverse image search, and the above picture appears to be kind of like a stock photo ... :mad:!!
https://www.google.com/search?tbs=s...FUdJaAu1zDv2gFGElnNH5-ZcqmNs-CX1OAfSMqTT1nIuQ

In fact, here are two articles that identify the couple as Ricardo Flores and his wife Lidia (Ricardo suffers from Alzheimer's :():
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/10-ways-manage-stress-healthy-caregiver-samantha-west

http://www.thenorthernlight.com/com...-loss-seminar/20100812_flores_la_0294_lowres/

You know, I was thinking how that man looked Italian- he looks so much like my father-in-law, it isn't even funny. I also thought that it didn't look like Roberta, but we don't get to see her entire face, so it was hard to tell.

You are too sweet, and honestly, no one has made me feel this way. I think I am just beside myself with worry that something sinister did happen to Bobby, and that by sympathizing with her husband because of at this time, an alleged medical condition, is throwing us all off track. Until we know for sure this is the case with PS, I am just trying to caution others to pursue other avenues for the time being. Suspects have been known to change details without mental impairments, so again, just trying not to get "emotionally" attached to the husband so to speak, until more facts are available. If only they could find her body, that would answer so many questions and quell my own fears and many others, if she simply passed away on her own.

I feel like you do Steelslady...something bad has happened to Bobbie and we're not going to get the answers to what happened until she has been recovered. If her husband truly cared about his wife, he would be cooperating and doing everything to bring her home. We don't put people we love into garbage bags and put them in the river. And he's as demented as I am....aka not at all ....all just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

So mad at the lintelligencer.com website: I did a reverse image search, and the above picture appears to be kind of like a stock photo ... :mad:!!
https://www.google.com/search?tbs=s...FUdJaAu1zDv2gFGElnNH5-ZcqmNs-CX1OAfSMqTT1nIuQ

In fact, here are two articles that identify the couple as Ricardo Flores and his wife Lidia (Ricardo suffers from Alzheimer's :():
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/10-ways-manage-stress-healthy-caregiver-samantha-west

http://www.thenorthernlight.com/com...-loss-seminar/20100812_flores_la_0294_lowres/

That is crazy!! Thanks for posting that.
And that sucks because I really thought that was PS,a and it was the only picture we had. Uuuuuuughhgh

Wow! Well, that's nuts!

But I expect us to play ping pong back and forth whenever we post- we've done this for a bit, but honestly, I enjoy it and have learned a lot from you- that's the truth. You also put the breaks on us when facts are confused with rumors- another quality I like and respect about you- that is needed here, always.

My frustration- not with you or anyone here, is that it is so easy to get "attached" to a person we suspect may have an illness because we have loved ones and friends that have the same and honestly, all of our stories are just heartbreaking to witness, and heartbreaking to read as well. I would rather that this be the same- that he loved his wife very much, wanted to make her last birthday a special one with him, and she died on the way. But until I see the evidence of this, my head keeps saying, there's more to it than this.

If I am wrong, I will definitely apologize and admit it, and trust me, I pray that I am wrong. I so want this to be a loving and happy ending (in his heart and head) to her life than something awful or sinister.

Yet, the cops using the FBI lab and the chief is getting upset with his numerous stories keeps me holding sympathy back.
I do understand what you are saying. And I laid my cards out on the table in the beginning of the thread stating that I was probably not going to be the most objective in this case simply because I really like old people. It's something very well-known about me in the real world.

But also, I had recently looked back at an old thread where two kids had gone missing along with their elderly male babysitter. People were ready to string him up. It ended up that he and the children had been killed, and he was completely innocent. People felt like complete jerks. I just don't want to be that person who accuses someone when there seems to be evidence that he could be innocent. I need more information to lean that way.

Wow, great job on your part! Thank you for even thinking to do that. I have to admit it never even entered my mind that it was not him.

So glad you're here!

I suspect murder and have from the start. I am no cat, I mark no spot.

:what: :gaah: Good work IMHO!

ETA: I'm wondering if that is a fake news website-- or one of those sites that simply reprints "news" word for word from other sources. At the very least it's not a site close to the story as it says news from Canada in the heading. I couldn't find anything about it googling. Legit media organizations should have plenty of credits and links to follow to figure out who runs it/owns it, etc.... JMO.

I feel like you do Steelslady...something bad has happened to Bobbie and we're not going to get the answers to what happened until she has been recovered. If her husband truly cared about his wife, he would be cooperating and doing everything to bring her home. We don't put people we love into garbage bags and put them in the river. And he's as demented as I am....aka not at all ....all just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Exactly. Placing her in garbage bags, tossing her in the river, wanting to know where the nearest car wash is- for me, that tells me he is guilty of something. I find it even more daunting that he was asking the clerk at the hotel about a car wash when his wife was allegedly still in his truck, dead. So was he planning to wash the inside of his truck after he dumped her body the next morning? Did he actually do it there instead of at home at a local car wash where someone might spot him cleaning his truck that knew him?

JMO, but it seems so planned out with a clear mind.

That is crazy!! Thanks for posting that.
And that sucks because I really thought that was PS,a and it was the only picture we had. Uuuuuuughhgh

If you folks don't mind, I am going to delete my original post with this image, seeing that it is incorrect. I feel just terrible that I posted some poor couples photo that have nothing to do with the Sniders. I am so sorry, it was posted in an article, so I thought it was him at least. I'm so embarrassed.

If you folks don't mind, I am going to delete my original post with this image, seeing that it is incorrect. I feel just terrible that I posted some poor couples photo that have nothing to do with the Sniders. I am so sorry, it was posted in an article, so I thought it was him at least. I'm so embarrassed.

I was not able to delete it, so I sent in a request to the Mods to delete my post. Again, my apologies. How deceiving.

I do understand what you are saying. And I laid my cards out on the table in the beginning of the thread stating that I was probably not going to be the most objective in this case simply because I really like old people. It's something very well-known about me in the real world.

But also, I had recently looked back at an old thread where two kids had gone missing along with their elderly male babysitter. People were ready to string him up. It ended up that he and the children had been killed, and he was completely innocent. People felt like complete jerks. I just don't want to be that person who accuses someone when there seems to be evidence that he could be innocent. I need more information to lean that way.

You are right again. I, too, have a soft spot for the elderly. Many that had dementia- I did an internship at a hospital years ago which had dementia patients - it was more like a nursing home than a hospital. I also worked with brain injured clients- some that ended up with dementia down the road. I suppose my own thoughts run that it just seems too planned out for a person with dementia- way too many details and things that he performed without some sort of melt down afterwards or fear or fright. Forgetting some details, sure, but to do all that he did by himself- long drive up and back to Graceland, hotels, garbage bags, dumping her in the river, asking about car wash, obituary- I know of many folks with early dementia that can't remember where they put their keys or wallets or purses, but he remembers many details pretty clearly about this entire trip?

I was not able to delete it, so I sent in a request to the Mods to delete my post. Again, my apologies. How deceiving.

No need to apologize or feel embarrassed, Steelslady!! I
Just figured it out by chance while trying to find any additional info (which I didn’t). I mean, how were we supposed to know, right??

I do wonder, though, why there are absolutely no pictures of Philip anywhere. It’s rather unusual, IMO, but I really cannot come up with any possible reason, especially since his name has been public from the very beginning.

No need to apologize or feel embarrassed, Steelslady!! I
Just figured it out by chance while trying to find any additional info (which I didn’t). I mean, how were we supposed to know, right??

I do wonder, though, why there are absolutely no pictures of Philip anywhere. It’s rather unusual, IMO, but I really cannot come up with any possible reason, especially since his name has been public from the very beginning.

Thanks, I just feel bad that some poor couple managed to get involved in a case they probably aren't even aware of due to some reporters haste! Here we all thought he was strong enough to lift her body and thinking he was physically fit, and it wasn't even him at all.

I agree, why haven't they posted a photo of him? At this point, he is at the very least, a person of interest. You would think they would have posted a photo to try to jog people's memories that might have seen the two together on the beginning of their trip to Graceland. I wonder if he's lawyered up?

Here’s a couple of good articles on how Frontotempral Dementia (FTD) can lead to crime.
In the very early stages of my mom’s dementia, (a year or two before she was even diagnosed with Alzheimer’s), there were times when she could become quite enraged and aggressive which was totally out of character for her. Then a few minutes later she’d be happy and smiling again...back to her self and not recall what happened minutes before. [emoji22]

Soon after she was diagnosed by her PCP, we took her to an neurologist and she was treated with a very low dose of Xanax just to take the edge off and stabilize her moods which really helped to manage the aggressive outbursts.

Homicide, Suicide Risk 'Overlooked' in Dementia Patients
https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/822671

When Frontotemporal Dementia Leads to Crime—Prosecution or Protection?
https://www.alzforum.org/news/resea...ementia-leads-crime-prosecution-or-protection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, I was thinking how that man looked Italian- he looks so much like my father-in-law, it isn't even funny. I also thought that it didn't look like Roberta, but we don't get to see her entire face, so it was hard to tell.

I'm dating myself, but I immediately thought the man in the posted photo looked a lot like the late actor, Lorne Greene, of Bonanza fame, lol.

Good idea. I can’t seem to report my own post, where I embedded the photo in the post. Could someone here please go report it? It post #588. TIA

You are right again. I, too, have a soft spot for the elderly. Many that had dementia- I did an internship at a hospital years ago which had dementia patients - it was more like a nursing home than a hospital. I also worked with brain injured clients- some that ended up with dementia down the road. I suppose my own thoughts run that it just seems too planned out for a person with dementia- way too many details and things that he performed without some sort of melt down afterwards or fear or fright. Forgetting some details, sure, but to do all that he did by himself- long drive up and back to Graceland, hotels, garbage bags, dumping her in the river, asking about car wash, obituary- I know of many folks with early dementia that can't remember where they put their keys or wallets or purses, but he remembers many details pretty clearly about this entire trip?
This is why I posted the article with the link to the behavioral screening. Most people think that early signs of dementia are memory issues, and because of that, we are not getting people diagnosed early enough.

The current thinking is that the first signs of dementia are actually behavioral changes. This doesn't mean that memory issues aren't involved as well, but it does mean that crazy behavioral stuff can be present with minimal memory issues - memory issues that may not be bad enough to be diagnosed yet.

And if this is the case for Philip, it would explain how he could find his way to Graceland and back while still having dementia.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scarletlox