OH OH - Roberta 'Bobby' Snider, 70, Hartville, 4 Jan 2018 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But they were planning a 6:30/7 hour drive the next day.

Do we know this for sure? They may have been driving as far as they/Bobby could go each day, with no specific ETA. If Bobby became incapacitated somewhere between Sparta and Memphis, that could've freed Philip up, in his mind, to go ahead and finish the drive without having to stop early.

I really suspect dementia. If Philip had driven that route a lot, he probably could do it practically on autopilot even if he no longer had the ability to react "normally" to his wife's death. The human brain is a very strange place to live, sometimes.

I also wonder if Bobby's obit had already been prepared due to her poor health. The tone of it might be a bit less odd if the circumstances of her (apparent) death not been so bizarre.

I'm surprised I'm the odd one out this time and nobody has mentioned this scenario yet - I totally think hubby is responsible for Bobby's disappearance and probable demise. And not out of mercy. I'm thinking the whole 'trip' was a guise to get rid of her... either from the start (aka he planned it) or something happened in the early stages and he kept up the trip charade as an alibi. Hope I'm wrong and just jaded. Either way not feeling very hopeful for Bobby. :(
Right there with you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I really don't know what to think.
I do wonder if riding in a vehicle could have been bad for her health. I also wonder if she fell asleep or was thought to be asleep and indeed passed during that time.

Where is Roberta now?

With the increasingly odd revelations we're learning, I'm thinking he either has dementia, or wants everyone to think he does...

Do we know this for sure? They may have been driving as far as they/Bobby could go each day, with no specific ETA. If Bobby became incapacitated somewhere between Sparta and Memphis, that could've freed Philip up, in his mind, to go ahead and finish the drive without having to stop early.

I really suspect dementia. If Philip had driven that route a lot, he probably could do it practically on autopilot even if he no longer had the ability to react "normally" to his wife's death. The human brain is a very strange place to live, sometimes.

I also wonder if Bobby's obit had already been prepared due to her poor health. The tone of it might be a bit less odd if the circumstances of her (apparent) death not been so bizarre.
Shazam - never thought of a pre-prepared obit. That makes a whole heck of a lot of sense.

So far as the dementia angle is concerned, I have very limited personal experience with it, so am deferring to the professionals and experienced family members of dementia patients. The brain is a complicated thing at best.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Where is Roberta?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Shazam - never thought of a pre-prepared obit. That makes a whole heck of a lot of sense.

So far as the dementia angle is concerned, I have very limited personal experience with it, so am deferring to the professionals and experienced family members of dementia patients. The brain is a complicated thing at best.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

BBM: Even a prepared obit- the timeline of how FAST it was published and there being ZERO evidence of his story about her being taken away by ambulance makes me suspicious of him. If she 'just died' (and by that I mean passed away of her illnesses)- she would have been found/ identified by now. The fact that her remains are missing says everything.

OK- all claims of dementia are hereby BS! TWO WEEKS LATER he suddenly remembers tossing her over a bridge rail?

My mother-in-law lived with us for three years prior to passing. She had dementia/alzheimer's. She did all sorts of impulsive and inappropriate things that she would NEVER have done prior to the onset of her disease. Sometimes she remembered them and sometimes she didn't. Sometimes she would remember them weeks or even months later with only a couple of details missing or wrong. Other times she never remembered. I'm not saying that I believe that Roberta's husband is like that. I'm just saying if he truly has dementia then I've seen it work this way. They have good days and bad days. Lack of sleep, a change in routine or a change in the environment can trigger a bad day.

If he truly has dementia I don't understand why he is still allowed to drive.....

For the record the whole ambulance story never rang true for me. Sadly, tossing her off a bridge feels right. Poor Roberta.

From experience (both my mother and my mother-in-law passed away in our home under hospice care) I know that when someone passes the contents of the bladder are released and often the bowels as well. So, if she passed in their vehicle, perhaps this would explain the need for a car wash?

For her sake I hope that she died a natural death and that her husband didn't know what else to do with her body. However, I have some serious doubts.....

Holy smokes!

Can we talk about him wrapping her in plastic? When did he purchase the plastic?

This is all so bizarre. She didn’t look to be a tiny woman, so how did he wrangle wrapping her in plastic and tossing her off a bridge? He’s an older gentleman. Then again my FIL is 75 and still skis several times a year and just hiked all the way up and down Angels Landing, so there are exceptions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact that he lied about waving down an ambulance gives me pause..

The fact that he didn’t immediately call 911 gives me pause..

And there’s the plastic..

If he dumped her body, where did the info about cremation (in the obituary) come from??

Unfortunately, just makes me wonder what the next story he tells will be...

That was my thought too. Because, if she died of natural causes why dump the body in such a terrible way. Your wife of over 50 years, you don't toss her in the river?

I hope this was the truth now though and the story doesn't have even more sinister details coming out .... Poor Roberta.

Are they gonna search the river now?

A person with dementia would not think to clean out the vehicle or wrap her in plastic and toss her into the river, if she had died a natural death or from some medical issue. There is also no way he would have drove all the way home without getting lost.

I lived with and took care of two people with dementia. Believe me, if he had had a bad day, he would not have been able to find his way home, even with a GPS in the car. When they're having a bad day, they not only confuse easy, but in some cases, also get very upset and need constant reassurance from their caregiver that everything is ok.

I just don't buy the dementia angle.

A person with dementia would not think to clean out the vehicle or wrap her in plastic and toss her into the river, if she had died a natural death or from some medical issue. There is also no way he would have drove all the way home without getting lost.

I lived with and took care of two people with dementia. Believe me, if he had had a bad day, he would not have been able to find his way home, even with a GPS in the car. When they're having a bad day, they not only confuse easy, but in some cases, also get very upset and need constant reassurance from their caregiver that everything is ok.

I just don't buy the dementia angle.

The credit card being in her name was telling to me of an issue either of dementia on his part (not trusted with a credit card by Bobbie) or from lingering effects of the previous bankruptcy (again perhaps not trusted by Bobbie or unable to get one).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back