OH OH - Roberta 'Bobby' Snider, 70, Hartville, 4 Jan 2018 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OT- When I read this headline I thought it was going to be about Bobby:(✂️SNIP-SNIP✂️)

@GARDENER1850
Omg! it’s a Good Thing that you phrased that the way you did!!!...That TITLE!!...Hummss..Wonder if that guy has been reading the News lately??..(and read about Bobbi’s Story & took advantage??)...I still have to read the story, but I 1st had to come back & comment..*laughs* Seriously, I was right there with you when I read the title (immediately thought of this case!)...so, I’m glad that you prefaced your post the way you did..otherwise, I likely would have yelped with surprise+joy!!...

GRRR!!! + Yet, they do not state a COD, but circumstances are clear enough for them to charge him with her death?..(Swear sometimes I just want to pitch my cell phone at a reporter..—I’m presuming it was the reporter who left that detail out versus LE..*shrugs*)..

P.S., Not so OT considering the circumstances of this case..(btw, is there a WS thread for that one?)...I’m curious to see how exactly that case is handled by the judicial system, particularly the AG’s office...

The TRUTH WILL OUT!, and There will be a Reckoning, in this Life or the Next!

Oh my goodness, that 911 call is just chilling. The poor woman and her son, how awful to go through that. :(

That guy is 79 and he is sitting in jail. Hope Bobbie's husband reads this article and knows he can still be charged even if he claims dementia.

This guy did not attempt to hide the body. He lied about her going to Florida after he killed her.

I agree about the 911 call being chilling. GB this woman. Her life should not have ended this way. They termed it a 'slaying'. Wonder what he did?

JMO

But he didn't report Bobby missing so did he really make a false police report? Can they charge him for lying to a police officer in an interview? (Not being snarky, IDK, I'm not a Lawyer).

Yes, it is a false police report because that is what he told LE in the very beginning in an attempt to mislead them. It is my understanding he changed his story later on, or at least that is the impression I have after reading the articles. I didn't save the links.

JMO

RE: Social Security checks coming in. In order to take Bobbie off the rolls, SS needs a death cert, which right now can't be provided. I think the most that can be done is because PS reported her death to the police, without proof, SS can put a hold on issuing any further payments while this case is under investigation. This way he is not getting the money, and since HE reported her dead, he can't exactly sign her name to them as if she were alive. I would think anyway. Opinion Only.

Bump for Bobbie

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

12 days after this last bump for Bobbie, and still, no news at all about this poor woman. I can't believe there isn't any recent news- last article was Feb. 1st, which is coming close to being almost two months without any updates on this case. For all we know, she could have been found and buried already.

*sigh* and not a word anywhere. Even SM just has the one post her sister made. Nothing from anyone else...sad

So is anything being done to help locate Bobbie? Or is this case going to just be forgotten and life goes on? I wonder what the rest of Bobbies family is doing to get to the bottom of this and to find out what really happened to her? I can't believe this was all just dropped with PS's fish tales. Where is Bobbie and what happened to her? She deserves better than this.

Nothing new about Bobbie, but I see her home just sold a couple of weeks ago. How does that work if her name was on the deed?
53c7026fe5a0ff32e0fed84120d03419.jpg

Nothing new about Bobbie, but I see her home just sold a couple of weeks ago. How does that work if her name was on the deed?

[removed image for space]

They must have rented. According to the Stark County Auditor website, the property was never in either Philip or Roberta's name. It sold from one trustee (who was listed as the owner since 2012) to another in March.

They must have rented. According to the Stark County Auditor website, the property was never in either Philip or Roberta's name. It sold from one trustee (who was listed as the owner since 2012) to another in March.

That makes sense. I think they would have to have been renting that house. They went through bankruptcy and foreclosure in 2008 and had $145,000 debt. There's no way they could afford to buy another house so soon after that while retired. JMO.

Here's the article that mentions the bankruptcy/foreclosure (last paragraph): http://www.cantonrep.com/news/20180112/hartville-police-probing-womans-road-trip-death

*sigh* and not a word anywhere. Even SM just has the one post her sister made. Nothing from anyone else...sad

It's like she didn't exist.

Every day, I check several times to see if there's any updates with MSM, and everyday, I feel disappointed that there is nothing. I feel like strangers care more about what happened to this woman than those close to her.

Those close to her may be privy to knowledge we aren't. Silence isn't always what it looks like.

Those close to her may be privy to knowledge we aren't. Silence isn't always what it looks like.
Agreed. Her family doesn't necessarily not cate about her. The most likely don't care about the whole world knowing her business. They really don't owe us anything.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Agreed. Her family doesn't necessarily not cate about her. The most likely don't care about the whole world knowing her business. They really don't owe us anything.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

No, they may not owe us anything but Bobbie's disappearance was reported and a news story made of it. Police were involved and made statements to the reporter. The police investigated. Now nothing?

Her family made statements and the husband lied to police. In my opinion, they did make it the business of anyone who cares about the missing. I feel the police should make a follow up statements even if all they can say is that there have been no further developments.

Bobbie was a human being that something has obviously happened to. I simply do not understand this silence from the police OR her family.

MOO

Husband charged with murder in Hartville woman’s bizarre disappearance

HARTVILLE, Ohio– An arrest has been made in the case of a missing woman, the Hartville police chief told the FOX I-Team.

The Hartville Police Department arrested Philip Snider Friday afternoon on an aggravated murder warrant in connection with the disappearance of his 70-year-old wife, Roberta. Snider is being held on a $5 million bond and is expected to be in court next week.

The investigation started on Jan. 9 when Roberta L. Snider’s brother contacted police. He explained to investigators the strange story about the woman’s death and disappearance.

Philip Snider told family members he took his wife to Graceland “one last time before she died.” He said she passed away in Memphis, Tennessee so he pulled over into a parking lot where he saw an EMS vehicle and asked for help.

He claimed the paramedics confirmed she was dead, then took her to an unknown location.
Hartville police spoke with Philip Snider, and contacted EMS companies, hospitals and medical examiner offices in the Memphis area. None had any reports of Roberta Snider or a Jane Doe matching the story.

Philip Snider later changed his story, claiming he “put her with nature” by throwing the woman’s body off a bridge into the Tennessee River.

[...]

http://fox8.com/2018/04/20/husband-charged-with-murder-in-hartville-womans-bizarre-diappearance/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knewborn96
Back