OH OH - Ruth Baumgardner, 21, Delaware, 4 May 1937

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wish we could locate his obituary. I don't subscribe to any so I'm out of luck. It might tell if he has a wife or children. And it might tell if he is associated with a funeral home. Baumgardners and Hardwicks in Oh had several funeral homes.

Were Ruth's parents involved in the funeral business?

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...wEAAAAIBAJ&dq=bernice-bradley&pg=2230,2461231

Article October 22, 1937
Assault and Robbery
Bernard (Penny) Masulla, Sereno age 22, Bradley age 22.

This is great!!! I have looking for this article. I was looking for the date and facts of Serino's Squirrel hill Job. I believe this is why he was in prison when he was found for the Conn Murder. After his trail in Cadiz for murder he was returned to prison to finish his term. I heard but can not verify, that he got out of prison a few years later and was shot. I am still looking for that proof.
Masulla (Masullo) was released from prison in 1963. (The then Governor reduced his charge.) I believe Masullo died in 1967. SSN records. He got his SSN when he got out of prison.
Ford spent about 9months in the Mansfield Reformatory, then he was released (He had been the State's witness). I lost him from there.
Johnson I lost after the trial. He was also returned to prison. (Ohio Penitentiary)

Good information! I wonder who shot Sereno. Seems like Sereno and Masullo died young. I wonder what came of Ford and Johnson. Probably the same thing or another prison sentence.

Fact - you are clearly an excellent researcher. Any tips on how we may find out which institution Ruth was sent to, assuming that she was? Jeannie so far has done an excellent job, maybe pass on some helpful hints to her/us.

Fact - you are clearly an excellent researcher. Any tips on how we may find out which institution Ruth was sent to, assuming that she was? Jeannie so far has done an excellent job, maybe pass on some helpful hints to her/us.

You can go to the Pennsylvania State Archives in Harrisburg, Pa and go through all the patient records for Asylums in Pa. It will only let you see the patient name and date but not medical history. They have a lot of hospitals listed. ANYBODY WANT TO HAVE A FIELD TRIP?

Here is the link to their website.

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/porta...vel=1&menuLevel=Level_1&parentCommID=0&mode=2

Looks like Ora and Richard Hardwick didn't live to be over 100 yrs.

Name:
Ora F. Hardwick
Date of Birth: Wednesday* August**12,*1908
Date of Death: Tuesday* March**29,*1988
Est. Age at death: 79 years, 7 months, 17 days
Last known residence: City:*Medina; Chatham
County:*Medina
State:* Ohio
ZIP Code:*44256

Name: Richard Hardwick
Date of Birth: Thursday* October**19,*1899
Date of Death: November*1981
Est. Age at death: 82 years
Last known residence: City:*Cleveland
County:*Cuyahoga
State:*Ohio
ZIP Code:*44111

This is what I think is a transfer of property from Ora Hardwick to another person. I don't know if this is a buyer or a daughter. So far I haven't located a daughter so I think it is just a sale. Might not help us................

Cuyahoga County Recorder's Office

Row 1 AFN# 00738562 Doc Type: DEQC
Name: ORA HARDWICK
Assoc Name: SANDRA DIESTLER
Date Recorded: 12/18/1981
Legal Description: 024-04-043 ROCKPORT EDGECLIFF

It is before she died so I am inclined to believe it is just a sale, perhaps before she went to live in a retirement home or with any children she may have had.

It is before she died so I am inclined to believe it is just a sale, perhaps before she went to live in a retirement home or with any children she may have had.

I agree. So far I haven't found any other children (other than the one son who died before her). I wish I could find out if her son had children. So far no luck!

This is what I think is a transfer of property from Ora Hardwick to another person. I don't know if this is a buyer or a daughter. So far I haven't located a daughter so I think it is just a sale. Might not help us................

Cuyahoga County Recorder's Office

Row 1 AFN# 00738562 Doc Type: DEQC
Name: ORA HARDWICK
Assoc Name: SANDRA DIESTLER
Date Recorded: 12/18/1981
Legal Description: 024-04-043 ROCKPORT EDGECLIFF

She could have just been someone that bought the house, but she could also be a relative. She's from the area, and I found this link:

http://www.bw.edu/alumni/reunions/1965/alpha/

She graduated from this college in 1965. She's old enough to be a daughter or niece. Were there any other Baumgardner children?

No just Ora and Ruth. I think I'll try to find Carl's (Ruth's Father) family and see there were any brothers or sisters. Might be someone in the family still living.

I've been reading an article again and I just noticed a contradiction coming from Ford during the trial. He said there were 4 men and 2 women in the car when they shot Officer Conn. He said, "One of the women in the car was bound and gagged and she resembled the pictures of the missing girl." This seems like he is denying ever seeing her prior to that day.

Booker Johnson claimed all 4 men abducted her. Later Bernice Bradley (When they finally located her denied being with them that night.

I've been reading an article again and I just noticed a contradiction coming from Ford during the trial. He said there were 4 men and 2 women in the car when they shot Officer Conn. He said, "One of the women in the car was bound and gagged and she resembled the pictures of the missing girl." This seems like he is denying ever seeing her prior to that day.

Booker Johnson claimed all 4 men abducted her. Later Bernice Bradley (When they finally located her denied being with them that night.

It's just a shame, the truth most likely never be known. Each of these people seem to me of the criminal element who would say anything to save their own skin.

I believe she was there, I just wish there was another witness (police officer?) that would come out and speak.

Was there another witness other the people in the car? Did I did I miss something in one of the articles? There have been so many I may have gotten confussed.

Not to my knowledge. I do believe Bernice was with them. I think she lied about it to save her own skin. So did Ford. Like you said they were all of the criminal element and none of them told the whole truth!

You are right we may never know the truth! There were other coeds who went missing around the same time. I haven't checked but I wonder what they found out about them.............

Might be worth checking out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back