OH OH - Ruth Baumgardner, 21, Delaware, 4 May 1937

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've read several psychic and astrology readings that basically said the same thing but not a single one gave any real details. No names, not places, no times. Too many unanswered questions for me to believe they are true. None of them told any more than we already know............except for the ending.

If even one came up with something we didn't have on WS or isn't on another site, something that might take some checking to figure out, I might believe them, and that is a very big might!

moo

Was just wondering :

What was Ruth's major in college ?

Did she take her driver's license ?

Did she take her birth certificate ? If not,where was it ?

Did Ruth speak or understand another laguage besides English ?

Cannot find any answers, would appreciate it if anyone knows. TIA

It would make a whole lot more sense if Ruth had been kidnapped for ransom money .MOO And, despite all of these stories,she was never,ever located.

Why would these men have zeroed in on Ruth, in her sorority house ? There is no evidence whatsoever that she was pregnant ? And her mood before she vanished was described as "nervous " the week before she vanished, and "excited " very shortly before she vanished. Sounds more like she had taken and passed some type of test...MOO

Was just wondering :

What was Ruth's major in college ?

Did she take her driver's license ?

Did she take her birth certificate ? If not,where was it ?

Did Ruth speak or understand another laguage besides English ?

Cannot find any answers, would appreciate it if anyone knows. TIA

Ruth didn't take anything with her when she left. I'm not sure if she spoke a foreign language. She probably did or at least had taken classes for credits. I believe her major was Art and Music.

From what I gather her college education was more of a status symbol than anything. She planned to graduate and get married. Bud was older than Ruth and in the Funeral Business like her father. Could have been more of an "arranged" marriage or at least one that was being pushed on her. She might have had second thoughts about it.

It is possible that Ruth ran away or went to meet someone that night. She was overheard talking to someone on the phone the night she left.

Ruth didn't take anything with her when she left. I'm not sure if she spoke a foreign language. She probably did or at least had taken classes for credits. I believe her major was Art and Music.

From what I gather her college education was more of a status symbol than anything. She planned to graduate and get married. Bud was older than Ruth and in the Funeral Business like her father. Could have been more of an "arranged" marriage or at least one that was being pushed on her. She might have had second thoughts about it.

It is possible that Ruth ran away or went to meet someone that night. She was overheard talking to someone on the phone the night she left.

Thank you for the response to my post...

I read that Ruth took a small suitcase with her, and that she had recently bought that suitcase. Yes, I did read about the 5 calls Ruth received in the 2 days before she disappeared. She seems to have missed most of the calls...

It does seem,IMO,that Ruth was taking college seriously enough to be considered a good student. There was an upcoming test which her classmates said that she had spent time studying for. Her mood, on that last evening,was described as "gleeful" by those around her, and the preceding week she was described as "nervous " ...

Also, in you post #184, you mentioned that Bud was actually 22 years old, so he wasn't really older than Ruth ? And that he was attending Fenn College in Cleveland, a college specializing in engineering ? So, he didn't actually work in the funeral business at all ? So many questions ...

Thank you for the response to my post...

I read that Ruth took a small suitcase with her, and that she had recently bought that suitcase. Yes, I did read about the 5 calls Ruth received in the 2 days before she disappeared. She seems to have missed most of the calls...

It does seem,IMO,that Ruth was taking college seriously enough to be considered a good student. There was an upcoming test which her classmates said that she had spent time studying for. Her mood, on that last evening,was described as "gleeful" by those around her, and the preceding week she was described as "nervous " ...

Also, in you post #184, you mentioned that Bud was actually 22 years old, so he wasn't really older than Ruth ? And that he was attending Fenn College in Cleveland, a college specializing in engineering ? So, he didn't actually work in the funeral business at all ? So many questions ...

Yes, Ruth was a good student. She took it seriously and wanted good grades. You are right, Bud was her age. I think I got confused with the sister and her husband. My apologies. Its been a while since I've been in this thread.

It is very interesting and one of those mysteries we will probably never solve. Maybe it had a happy ending and we just don't know it! I hope.

Just thought I'd search for any "new" articles that may have been recently digitized. I found this one:
http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...BAJ&pg=2870,1267225&dq=ruth-baumgardner&hl=en

At the end of the article, it states that Ruth left her car behind. She apparently told a friend shortly before her disappearance that it was "conspicuous". This is an interesting choice of adjective. It makes me think that she either was afraid of being noticed (could she have had a stalker?) or that she was class-conscious (the men who supposedly abducted her were most definitely lower class-could she have been dating or flirting with one of them at an earlier time and felt like she wanted to fit in better with them?). It sounded like her friends at school and fiance were all from the same social class as Ruth. Now, I'm sure that Ruth was one of a small number of females who had cars like that, but still-this comment raises a red flag.

This article indicates secret searches by LE for Ruth in Pittsburgh:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...BAJ&pg=6318,1956783&dq=ruth-baumgardner&hl=en

Since Ruth's father later told LE to stop searching, I wonder if the family had received some tips that she was in one of these houses in Pittsburgh, and quietly asked LE to start searching. It sounds like they were embarrassed by the thought of Ruth being a victim of sex trafficking.

There's more here and a pic. http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...AAAAIBAJ&pg=6086,4673977&dq=george+conn&hl=en

I think you are right Marie-Chantal, nobody in the family wants a connection.

I agree with you; almost all parents who have missing children would want any lead, tip, etc followed up on. Most parents would stop at nothing to get their child back. She's very quick to dismiss this theory; however, it had come up time and again in the years following her disappearance.

Sadly, I think that her family knew all along that Ruth had been kidnapped and trafficked. I know that society was very different in those years, but it still makes me sad to think that her parents wanted this hushed-up-as if it made Ruth "unacceptable".

I hope that I'm completely wrong, and that Ruth ran off willingly with a lover, settled down and lived happily ever after. Although, I do think that if that had been the case, it would have been stated when her father told LE to stop looking for Ruth.

I keep hoping that more news will become available. I don't know what the time frame is for these papers to digitize their articles. It seems like every few months, more articles become available online.

I agree completely and believe wholeheartedly that she was "put away" and her family made sure that this info was not leaked or kept secret. What their intentions were I don't know - shame or to protect her name or their name. But we've read too many articles, and a book from IMO a very reliable source, that this is what happened.

I agree, Sereno probably stayed in trouble his entire life. I'll bet he ended up in prison for a long time.......

I located a son of Ora and Richard Hardwick. Carl R. Hardwick. Born: Jun 21, 1927 and passed away Feb 28, 1989 in Medina, Ohio 44256.

So far he is the only child I have located. The 1940 census comes out in Jun 2012 so I guess we will have to wait on it to see if there were others.

Dang the 72 year law!

Can anybody look this up in june please. I think Carl was an only child who never married but you never know.
I was looking to see if anybody was still alive. Ora died a year before her son.

Just tried to use it and it wont load for me...anybody else ? tried for 15mins, it just keeps rolling but not loading.

I tried to use it too, and I'm also having problems. I'm having problems with the search terms though. Any tips?

I did a lot of research on Ruth and the only child I found of Ora was Carl at the time the census was reported but she might have had one later that doesn't show. I've called funeral homes and asked if any of them were related to Ruth's family but none were. I had hoped to find a cousin. Everyone of them were really nice about finding out for me.

I did a lot of research on Mental Hospitals but the records are either sealed or destroyed. I also did searches on the graves in mental hospitals both in Ohio and Pa. No luck!

I'm glad to see all of you looking at this again. This case has driven me nuts! This one and Judith Smith from Boston, Mass, to Philly, Pa and body found in NC.

I keep hoping that "new" articles will turn up on google searches as more and more things get digitized. I've had a hard time navigating that census site for some reason. I can't find anything, but maybe someone else can try searching that site?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back