White
Ethnicity
Sex
Female
Height (inches)
60.0 to 63.0
Weight (pounds)
120.0 to 140.0

Absolutely no news... Very strange and concerning, frankly. I guess they are simply assuming she drowned in the river at this point? How horrible for family members to have no real answers. I wonder if the police are satisfied with the explanations they have gotten - I wonder if her family is? Everyone seems awful quiet about all of it, frankly.

trust me when i say no i personally am not satisfied with any explanation or assumtion about my mothers whereabouts but this is just like anything else eventually something will turn up an answer a real honest answer is all i want to this question were is she

Alpha Male - do you have anything to add that's not been discussed here?

I dont have any new information to add only because there isnt any.
my mom is a very private person always has been so any information or real answers is her secret sadely its one she will never share
its hard to think about that everyday to wonder why to know the one person who could clear the air and solve all of this has disappeared like she never was here to begin with
no note no clues no strange phone call out of the blue just to say i love you nothing just gone

I dont have any new information to add only because there isnt any.
my mom is a very private person always has been so any information or real answers is her secret sadely its one she will never share
its hard to think about that everyday to wonder why to know the one person who could clear the air and solve all of this has disappeared like she never was here to begin with
no note no clues no strange phone call out of the blue just to say i love you nothing just gone

My heart sank when I read this. :( I just came home to look after my mother who is sick with cancer. I could NEVER imagine what you are going through - it has been many months without any clues. My heart goes out to you. Sadly, I have been checking constantly for any updates in the media and on here and nothing new for us to work with. Hold onto the hope that she is still alive though - as I have not seen anything to suggest otherwise. My sincerest and most heartfelt thoughts are with you... Stay strong - there is still fight left in you. And we will try help in anyway we can at WS. x

Thinking of Sharon and her family.

Praying answers come soon.

Just checking in - hoping to see the words Found Safe!

Praying for you Sharon and your family.

A look back

As we begin 2014, we are taking a look back at some of the top news stories of 2013 in Gallia and Meigs counties.

[snip]

6. Missing Persons

In 2013, crews in Gallia County were on the search for two missing women, one whose case remains open and under investigation.

There is still no word as to the whereabouts of Sharon Yoczik, 68, who went missing from her Neighborhood Road residence on March 22, 2013.

Yoczik was initially reported missing by her husband who returned home to find her missing, and, following an extensive searching and investigation, Gallia County Sheriff’s deputies uncovered only two reported clues following her disappearance.

Investigators reportedly received information that the missing woman had been spotted walking along Ohio 7 near the intersection of Ohio 218 on the evening before her reported disappearance, and, with canine assistance, crews later discovered a pair of eyeglasses matching Yoczik’s prescription along a nearby riverbank.

Despite continued searching by countless volunteers and emergency officials, both on land and along and in the Ohio River, no other trace of Yoczik was uncovered.

The case in the reported disappearance of Yoczik remains open.

http://www.mydailysentinel.com/news/home_top/2923113/A-look-back

If anyone is reading this, I'm not giving up. I know in my heart and in my head that everything doesn't add up. I have come to the point where I can't live with it anymore. The person I knew as my mother would never have just walked into the Ohio River on one of the coldest days of the year with the foulest weather. She was terrified of water and could not swim. She owned a burial plot for many years and had prearranged funeral plans - she wanted to be buried with her sisters and her brother. She was in pain due to a long history of rheumatoid arthritis and had a knee replacement 18 months or so before this happened. There are a lot of things that don't add up about the investigation and the flow of information between family and the sheriff's department. Missing pieces everywhere. And no one is putting two and two together to make four. Not sure what to do at this point. But I can't just walk away. Too many unanswered questions and a fractured family unfortunately. My mother deserves the benefit of the doubt - no one just disappears off the face of the earth. Someone knows more than they are telling.

If anyone is reading this, I'm not giving up. I know in my heart and in my head that everything doesn't add up. I have come to the point where I can't live with it anymore. The person I knew as my mother would never have just walked into the Ohio River on one of the coldest days of the year with the foulest weather. She was terrified of water and could not swim. She owned a burial plot for many years and had prearranged funeral plans - she wanted to be buried with her sisters and her brother. She was in pain due to a long history of rheumatoid arthritis and had a knee replacement 18 months or so before this happened. There are a lot of things that don't add up about the investigation and the flow of information between family and the sheriff's department. Missing pieces everywhere. And no one is putting two and two together to make four. Not sure what to do at this point. But I can't just walk away. Too many unanswered questions and a fractured family unfortunately. My mother deserves the benefit of the doubt - no one just disappears off the face of the earth. Someone knows more than they are telling.

I have not been following your mother's case, but do remember seeing it on wsaz's news. Hope you find answers soon.

I followed this case last year, and understood the rheumatoid arthritis issues because my mother has it. She is now completely bed-ridden, has lost all her vision, and is almost like an infant. When I read that Sharon would help the neighbors, I thought of my mother being able to do some things when the weather was warm, and then maybe the next day she couldn't. I wonder if anybody has been asked to take a polygraph and what has happened to her husband after all this time. I have such sympathy with Sharon's family, and appreciate updates from them.

Appalachiangranny, I found this thread by accident. I am so sorry for everything you and your family has been through. I will pray for all of you, as well as your mother.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back