OH OH - Shasta Himelrick, 20, pregnant, Richmond Dale, 26 Dec 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So do we know what time she left grandma saying she would be right back?
We know she left the gas station at approx. 0315 hrs correct?
Her car was found on Dec. 26th at 0730hrs....is this right?
Private search party, made up of who?
What time did they begin this search?
Something feels off...IMHO

IIRC it was a private search party not LE.

According to the updates posted on the BringShastaHome Facebook page, the private SAR team was always accompanied by LE. AFAIK, they never went out alone. IMO, this allowed the RCSD to make whatever statements or updates they did, because they were always present, regardless.

ETA: the name of the SAR team is posted on the BSH Facebook page in a post, thanking them before Shasta was found. I'll try to find it.
:cow:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the post:

I believe it's ok to share. The SAR team is Rescue 101 (Mods please snip if need be)

Bring Shasta Home
Thursday at 11:55am ·

With everything going on I want to thank Rescue 101 Search and Rescue for all there help and support through this terrible time. If I can ask for the community and the page to also thank them and show them support. They have a Facebook page. If you tell them that Bring Shasta Home sent you

https://m.facebook.com/pages/Bring-Shasta-Home/1548315792088811?fref=nf

Here's the post:

I believe it's ok to share. The SAR team is Rescue 101 (Mods please snip if need be)

Bring Shasta Home
Thursday at 11:55am ·

With everything going on I want to thank Rescue 101 Search and Rescue for all there help and support through this terrible time. If I can ask for the community and the page to also thank them and show them support. They have a Facebook page. If you tell them that Bring Shasta Home sent you

https://m.facebook.com/pages/Bring-Shasta-Home/1548315792088811?fref=nf

This is very confusing. This article has quotes from 101 SAR but below them it says this. http://www.chillicothegazette.com/story/news/crime/2014/12/30/search-resumes-missing-woman/21051643/

"We have various areas to search based on things the sheriff has shared with us," said Brian Maier, chief operations officer with Search and Rescue Ohio, at the start of Tuesday's search. "We also have expanded the search based on statistics we have on missing persons."

Maier said Himelrick's family is still conducting a nonprofessional search with a team it has hired that is not affiliated with law enforcement.

This is very confusing. This article has quotes from 101 SAR but below them it says this. http://www.chillicothegazette.com/story/news/crime/2014/12/30/search-resumes-missing-woman/21051643/

"We have various areas to search based on things the sheriff has shared with us," said Brian Maier, chief operations officer with Search and Rescue Ohio, at the start of Tuesday's search. "We also have expanded the search based on statistics we have on missing persons."

Maier said Himelrick's family is still conducting a nonprofessional search with a team it has hired that is not affiliated with law enforcement.

Why would they still be searching if she's already found?

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

Why would they still be searching if she's already found?

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

The article is from 12/31 before she was found.

According to the updates posted on the BringShastaHome Facebook page, the private SAR team was always accompanied by LE. AFAIK, they never went out alone. IMO, this allowed the RCSD to make whatever statements or updates they did, because they were always present, regardless.

ETA: the name of the SAR team is posted on the BSH Facebook page in a post, thanking them before Shasta was found. I'll try to find it.
:cow:

This is where the family said their SAR team found the car. No mention of LE being present at the time. I hope no evidence was disturbed.
http://www.nbc4i.com/story/27745188...s-in-threats-of-charges#.VKavvOnzgOs.facebook

NBC4 talked to the team member in question, he said his group is professional and has not done anything illegal or unethical at the search site. In fact he said the private rescue groups participating in the search have training from the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation, law enforcement and other resources. Lockhart said the search group found Himelrick's car and using K-9s, pinpointed the location in the Scioto River where searchers believe Himelrick's body is located.

"As for overstepping their boundries I don't understand that part either, because they had to have permission from the deputies and Ross County to do anything," said Lockhart.

I recall the family working with multiple private SAR groups in their effort to locate Shasta. What isn't clear to me is the timeline (which team(s) joined at which point in the SAR effort).

As many if you have stated, there is so much we don't know, which makes piecing this together no easy task.

Frustrating.

I haven't had the time to really read the BSH Facebook page - I still think a lot is there. - :moo:

Interesting.

I'm inclined to believe 101 SAR and Search and Rescue Ohio worked in collaboration. That's two private SAR teams that we know of, mentioned in MSM at least. Again, the family always mentioned SAR teamS (plural). I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear of more. This case reminds me of Sierra's in the absolute determination of the SAR effort. However, the Sierra Search Team, coordinated by KlaasKidsSearch, is made up of volunteers. What Shasts's family put forth to find her was truly amazing, and to be commended. :moo:

One could always contact The Chillicothe Gazette and ask for clarification on the writing of this particular article. Based on the quote, it would appear the interviewer was there, met those fine folks, and was "boots on the ground" on that particular day, as they were out giving their all to Bring Shasta Home.

:thinking:

There's more information here but it causes more confusion as well. It says she was living with her grandmother, not two doors down as a previous article had stated. It touches on her pregnancy as well. http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...-thought-to-be-missing-ross-county-woman.html

“There were no signs of trauma that would cause her to be unconscious,” Gabis said. “When somebody is in the river and current is moving them along, the injuries (from bumping into rocks) can look as though they were inflicted.”

Something is hinky here...I have added 4 tags from the other gals missing in the area.
Hope we to get toxicology results, soon.

Wondering WHY SAR would even think to go out that remote area looking for her ? Ping from phone?

Something is hinky here...I have added 4 tags from the other gals missing in the area.
Hope we to get toxicology results, soon.

When a family member of mine was found deceased it took 8 weeks to get the tox results from the Montgomery County Coroner. I hope it won't take that long for hers.

Just putting this out there. The car was found in the morning the day she went missing. How soon after she left her grandmothers did they realize (think) she was missing? We know she was texting friends until 2:30 am. And there is the video Of her at the gas station at 3:15 am.
What caused the family to get a SAR team involved as early as the morning after she disappeared?
It's great that they did but what caused the alarm for them less than 24 hrs after she went missing? And as stated above LE was with SAR the entire time.
There has to be something we don't know.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...n-missing.html
A 1993 maroon Lexus that belongs to a friend of Himelrick’s, which she had permission to use, was found abandoned at 7:30 a.m. on Friday near the intersection of Higby and Three Locks roads, an area of farm fields and woods near the Scioto River. The car was out of gas and the battery was dead, Lavender said.

Have we seen what time she was reported missing to LE? :thinking:

The odd things in this case............please add
1. both car doors open
2. battery dead, no gas
3. blood in car
4. shoes off
5. grandma said no reason to be in remote area
6. text made her leave grandma's home/said she would be back home
7. Shasta was happy (esp bout pregnancy)
8. personal items left in car
9. Shasta was in drug classes and drug monitoring (clean)

Just putting this out there. The car was found in the morning the day she went missing. How soon after she left her grandmothers did they realize (think) she was missing? We know she was texting friends until 2:30 am. And there is the video Of her at the gas station at 3:15 am.
What caused the family to get a SAR team involved as early as the morning after she disappeared?
It's great that they did but what caused the alarm for them less than 24 hrs after she went missing? And as stated above LE was with SAR the entire time.
There has to be something we don't know.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...n-missing.html
A 1993 maroon Lexus that belongs to a friend of Himelrick’s, which she had permission to use, was found abandoned at 7:30 a.m. on Friday near the intersection of Higby and Three Locks roads, an area of farm fields and woods near the Scioto River. The car was out of gas and the battery was dead, Lavender said.
I wanted to add this info:

Shasta Himelrick Missing: Young Woman Vanishes After Announcing Pregnancy

(snip)

Since the discovery of the vehicle, the sheriff's office has been able to determine that Shasta Himelrick had exchanged various text messages with friends up until about 2:30 a.m. on December 26

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/63967...ushpmg00000021

Have we seen what time she was reported missing to LE? :thinking:

Not really,
IMO grandma must of started to call around when she didn't come back? or friend wanted car back?
ODD that family got SAR & LE immediately to find car that morning?
Good thinking and I do admire bringing in help so soon. JMOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back