Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The FBI has said so far that they are "assisting" because they were called in by local LE. That's technically what they do...they assist with information gathering, equipment, resources etc.

I guess I'm saying that this case could be a make/break for a small-town/rural sheriff ... And there seems to be a great amount of pride in local authorities retaining "lead" on the investigation as long as possible as opposed to relinquishing to federal authorities ...

I had to go out and have come back to confusion! I mean wth? Seriously, suspicious but not runaway or kidnapped? IDK what is left either, alien abduction? I mean yeah I know it's a corn field but cmon. Wasn't it being treated as a kidnapping? What changed?

Find Sierah!

The FBI would not have been called in so quickly if LE did not suspect Sierah was abducted and/or kidnapped. Whether they choose to use those terms so early, means very little. It appears Fulton County is doing a good job in this case so far. They are using all the resources at their disposal, and I appreciate the fact they are releasing details and holding pressors. In some cases, you don't get zip from LE. All MOO ...

I had to go out and have come back to confusion! I mean wth? Seriously, suspicious but not runaway or kidnapped? IDK what is left either, alien abduction? I mean yeah I know it's a corn field but cmon. Wasn't it being treated as a kidnapping? What changed?

Find Sierah!

Children of the corn come to mind😒

I'm not sure what's going on but I'm hoping that maybe they have their eyes on someone and don't want to spook them. Or maybe the aliens did come by and picked her up.

Unbelievable

This is so awful. Prayers to jareshma and Sierah's family and the whole community.

Just an FYI:

http://www.hope4themissing.org/cfh/e107_files/public/suzanne_laws.pdf

'Suzanne&#8217;s Law' <Federal>

In 2003 former President George W. Bush signed into law
&#8220;Suzanne&#8217;s Law,&#8221; requiring police to notify the National Crime
Information Center (NCIC) when someone between 18 and 21 is
reported missing, as part of the national &#8220;Amber Alert&#8221; bill.
Previously police were only required to report missing persons
under the age of 18. Any person under the age of 21 is
considered a missing child.

Many law enforcement agencies are still unaware of the change
in the law and their increased responsibilities. In addition to filing
the information with NCIC the law enforcement agency is able to
file a report with National Center for Missing and Exploited
Children and receive services such as poster creation and age
enhancement technology.

Also, the police are now able to enter long term missing persons up to the age of 21
who were reported missing before the law went into effect.
This federal law is named for Suzanne Lyall, a State University of New York at Albany
student who has been missing since 1998.

Websleuths - NY NY - Suzanne Gloria Lyall, 19, Albany, 2 March 1998
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...9-Albany-2-March-1998&highlight=suzanne+lyall

The FBI would not have been called in so quickly if LE did not suspect Sierah was abducted and/or kidnapped. Whether they choose to use those terms so early, means very little. It appears Fulton County is doing a good job in this case so far. They are using all the resources at their disposal, and I appreciate the fact they are releasing details and holding pressors. In some cases, you don't get zip from LE. All MOO ...

Very true. I must have misunderstood, I thought LE had confirmed 'kidnapped'

I wondered if the FBI were called in because it is so close to state lines, but maybe that was just wishful thinking :/

So on this page https://www.facebook.com/thedailytelegram/?fref=nf there's a post (right now it is the second post on the page), about this case. (I cannot figure out how to link it directly to here, sorry!). There is a comment from a KF about 2 hours ago that is interesting.

Jareshma, have you heard news of any other vehicles in the area?

Would FBI be called if she was taken across state lines? This case seems to be overlapping Michigan and Ohio, being almost in the border.

Very true. I must have misunderstood, I thought LE had confirmed 'kidnapped'

I wondered if the FBI were called in because it is so close to state lines, but maybe that was just wishful thinking :/

Given the suspicious nature of the disappearance, the FBI has gotten involved at Fulton County&#8217;s request. FBI special agent and Toledo supervisor Jake Hardie and his office is working alongside other agencies.

Officials already have used a specialized search dog from the Columbus area to scour the area.

After the sheriff&#8217;s office found the bike early Wednesday morning, it contacted the state for help. Using a helicopter with infrared vision, officials searched the area before contacting the FBI and other agencies at daylight that day.
http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2016/07/21/Woman-missing-volunteers-help-search.html

Being so close to state lines may certainly play a part in their decision skibaboo, you are right.

Just expressing my opinion that FCSO is doing a good job, and calling in as many resources as they have available. It's approaching 48 hours since Sierah was abducted. Praying that this nightmare ends today, found safe & sound, and reunited with her family and loved ones.

Put on a freakin' raincoat and keep searching..........

I am about a half hour north of Morenci and it is has gotten very dark, the rain is heavy here now. thunder and lightening, too.

Being so close to state lines may certainly play a part in their decision skibaboo, you are right.

Just expressing my opinion that FCSO is doing a good job, and calling in as many resources as they have available. It's approaching 48 hours since Sierah was abducted. Praying that this nightmare ends today, found safe & sound, and reunited with her family and loved ones.

Agreed. I didn't mean it to sound like they weren't, I was just confused and honestly thought something had changed to make them back away from the initial belief Sierah was kidnapped.

I usually read more thoroughly before responding, I'm gonna blame the heat!

I was about to post a count down to your anticipated reply! I agree, keep searching!!

It always blows me away how as soon as a little rain storm blows in, all the searchers go running for cover as if they're all made of sugar and gonna melt.

I'm sure the victim would like to be in a warm, dry place herself.

These same people think nothing of standing in a driving rain storm in order to watch a rock concert or a football game.

I am about a half hour north of Morenci and it is has gotten very dark, the rain is heavy here now. thunder and lightening, too.

It's been very dark here (Oakland County) for a couple of hours. I hear thunder now and anticipate rain to start any minute.

sometimes, there is no way to avoid it. I learned to trust my gut. so often children, especially girls, are taught to be nice early on. they want to be nice or be brave when they feel that cold wave of nausea hit their stomach, but not me. I don't care, I will run. but sometimes you are blitzed :(

Seems as if just being a female is a hazardous existence. Makes me sick to think what danger we are in daily. But we have to make preparation a tool of defense or even, offense. Even then, there is no guarantee against being confronted by surprise, a wielded weapon, or sheer physical mass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc