Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its a local just because its a rural town, really no reason to be there unless you live there or ties to it and this was a crime of opportunity sadly.

Can we find local reporters twitter accounts reporting on this search for Sierah? We need a person at ground zero reporting for us.

https://twitter.com/mckenzie13abc

McKenzie Kuehnlein ‏@mckenzie13abc 3h3 hours ago
Hear the latest from Sheriff Miller on the search for Sierah Juaghin on 13abc at noon.

#BringSierahHome

----------------------------

https://twitter.com/sjacksonwtol/status/756154360992759808/photo/1

Steven Jackson ‏@sjacksonwtol 2h2 hours ago
At least 50 family members and friends are out searching #BringSierahHome

The search radius is currently 4 miles, so a good starting point for a geographic comfort zone should lie there. Any farms harvesting right now within that radius?

That's a good start, but as I stated yesterday, I think the perp would've put a good amount of distance between himself and where she was nabbed. Keep in mind, the person(s) who did this would have no idea if it was witnessed by someone or not, especially with it being as close to her residence as it was. This person would have no way of knowing if the call to 911 went out within minutes of the abduction or 4 hours later. It's actually pretty surprising how many witnesses they have been able to round up to this point considering what a rural area it is.

Being that I think the perp is a local, I think this snatch-and-grab was done with a hiding place already in mind. It's probably some secluded spot he used to go to in order to target shoot, hunt, or drink beer with his underage friends. It may also be a building situated on an abandoned property that is rarely visited. The sky is the limit on where this spot may be.

The first thing LE needs to do is to clear all unoccupied structures that are isolated and remote, whether it be a barn, a shed, a hen house, an outhouse, or a doghouse. Any isolated dwellings on private property need to be accessed either with permission or searched by the property owner himself. After all buildings have been searched and cleared, they can concentrate on the open fields. By isolated structures, I mean buildings that are not within plain sight of either the land owner or motorists driving up and down the roads. "Hidden" structures might be a better term to use.

Granted, growing fields can hide a lot of things, especially from the air. but I think she was transported out of the immediate area and taken to some place that was out of range of any emergency vehicles that might be on the way. The buffer zone I have in mind would be around 6-10 miles.

It's true but it seems many women still have a "it won't happen to me attitude". I was the victim of a violent crime in my oh-so-safe neighborhood.Very publicized. I made it my mission to tell all the women in the area (many walkers, joggers, dog walkers, etc. big college area) that there was a violent rapist on the loose and quit going outside by themselves particularly with ear buds in!! Do you think any of that activity stopped? NO! There those young girls were, out every day...2 weeks after my attack, the same guy jumps out of some bushes at 6:30 in the morn and starts stabbing a random man that was in his driveway! They caught him, the man survived..but the reason I say this is because until it happens to you or someone you love, that little voice in your head still tells you it won't happen to you. You will be alright. It's okay....

Especially young women. And We saw that here in CO too before Jessica Ridgeway was abducted. He tried to take a woman jogging in daylight at a lake but she fought him off. I like to think I always have my spidey senses on but I was definitely much more careless when I was in my early 20's.

Can we find local reporters twitter accounts reporting on this search for Sierah? We need a person at ground zero reporting for us.

Yes, all local stations are reporting and tweeting. Our local news is 13 ABC toledo WTVG 11 CBS WTOL Toledo .....channel 12 FOX news

I ran a quick query of the tweets posted upthread and here are the latest tweets posted from their feeds:

The top tweet here has a video posted from Sheriff Miller:

McKenzie Kuehnlein on Twitter: Hear the latest from Sheriff Miller on the search for Sierah Juaghin on 13abc at noon. #BringSierahHome https://t.co/9wA78ymFjH
https://mobile.twitter.com/mckenzie13abc/status/756153069176492033

Steven Jackson on Twitter: In the search to #BringSierahHome people are out searching creeks and fields https://t.co/cyH5b8e98D
https://mobile.twitter.com/sjacksonwtol/status/756169819766960128

Maia Belay on Twitter: Day 2 of searching for Sierah Joughin. Investigators have used a helicopter, search and rescue dogs even a drone https://t.co/DRxx4bJghT
https://mobile.twitter.com/MaiaBelay_WTOL/status/756116791286337538

#BringSierahHome
:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think its a local just because its a rural town, really no reason to be there unless you live there or ties to it and this was a crime of opportunity sadly.

But looking at the map, Road 120 run East and West through a lot of towns. That would be one of the busier roads I would assume. My guess is that's the road this person took out of there.

If there was a struggle in the corn, then there's a good chance they were able to get DNA from the leaves IMO. They couldn't have walked through there without getting scratched up, let alone struggling in those rows of corn.

That's true, but if you just keep going North on CR 6 in a short distance you are in Michigan..another state.

I have so many scenarios going through my head. I just hope she comes home. I think they will be caught quickly.

That's a good start, but as I stated yesterday, I think the perp would've put a good amount of distance between himself and where she was nabbed. Keep in mind, the person(s) who did this would have no idea if it was witnessed by someone or not, especially with it being as close to her residence as it was. This person would have no way of knowing if the call to 911 went out within minutes of the abduction or 4 hours later. It's actually pretty surprising how many witnesses they have been able to round up to this point considering what a rural area it is.

Being that I think the perp is a local, I think this snatch-and-grab was done with a hiding place already in mind. It's probably some secluded spot he used to go to in order to target shoot, hunt, or drink beer with his underage friends. It may also be a building situated on an abandoned property that is rarely visited. The sky is the limit on where this spot may be.

The first thing LE needs to do is to clear all unoccupied structures that are isolated and remote, whether it be a barn, a shed, a hen house, an outhouse, or a doghouse. Any isolated dwellings on private property need to be accessed either with permission or searched by the property owner himself. After all buildings have been searched and cleared, they can concentrate on the open fields. By isolated structures, I mean buildings that are not within plain sight of either the land owner or motorists driving up and down the roads. "Hidden" structures might be a better term to use.

Granted, growing fields can hide a lot of things, especially from the air. but I think she was transported out of the immediate area and taken to some place that was out of range of any emergency vehicles that might be on the way. The buffer zone I have in mind would be around 6-10 miles.

Don't forget storm cellars. I imagine there are many out there with older homes and barns.

Has her phone been found? In this article, it says her phone has been uncovered 4 or 5 miles from where her bike was found and not being investigated as a kidnapping but suspisious.

http://www.maryvilledailyforum.com/news/article_d0745728-5d06-51b2-8443-9c5ce3709e40.html

I can't confirm that for you at this time. Have not heard this. It seems he wouldn't be so casual about where the phone was found. 4 or 5 miles? A mile is a lot to be off. If it was over 4 miles, you think the search would have incorporated that area. I don't know what to tell you right now, I'm checking..

I can't confirm that for you at this time. Have not heard this. It seems he wouldn't be so casual about where the phone was found. 4 or 5 miles? A mile is a lot to be off. If it was over 4 miles, you think the search would have incorporated that area. I don't know what to tell you right now, I'm checking..

You know how reporters can be.............it's probably supposed to be 4 or 5 feet or yards.

It is definitely worth confirming though, it would change the entire search zone.

Just talked with a local who goes this route from northern Ohio to Adrian, Mi. , for work, so some use for work travel, but this is a very, very rural area, with very small towns. There are a lot of corn fields, farming area.

So the time being about 6:45 the last time she was seen (by jogger), it could be someone on their way home or to work. I would be asking everyone to see if any of their family, employers etc. were later than usual or acting suspisious.

It is a huge error if the cell phone info is being reported incorrectly.. A lot of contradicting info in this article, imo... The 'Plan for the Worst and Hope for the Best' Public Safety strategy doesn't seem to be adhered to in this investigation, imo...

Search continues for missing Fulton County woman
By GEOFF BURNS news@bryantimes.com

“Once I got up there and looked, it appeared there was a disturbance or something around the corn being knocked down around the bike in the field,” Miller said, adding his crew, along with the Ohio State Highway Patrol, Multi-Area Narcotics Unit, Attorney General’s Bureau of Criminal Investigation, Michigan State Police, local volunteer firefighters, as well as the Federal Bureau of Investigation, were working the case.

Miller said the matter is being treated as suspicious in nature, but not as a runaway or kidnapping.

“The FBI is involved due to the suspicious nature of the activity,” said Jake Hardie, special agent from the FBI’s Toledo office. “We were asked to come in and assist and that’s what we’re doing.”

“The FBI and BCI wouldn’t be involved if we didn’t think there was some type of issue,” Miller said.

The searches, however, proved fruitless.

“They didn’t find anything of value,” Miller said around 4 p.m. Wednesday.

The FBI is also working on obtaining Joughin’s cell phone records, and Miller said her phone was uncovered four or five miles from her bicycle.

<snipped - read more>

Miller said the matter is being treated as suspicious in nature, but not as a runaway or kidnapping.

http://www.maryvilledailyforum.com/news/article_d0745728-5d06-51b2-8443-9c5ce3709e40.html

It's maddening how nonchalant and seemingly unconcerned these investigators can be sometimes. If this wasn't a kidnapping, then exactly what the hell is their theory !? Do they think she is playing hide and seek ? Medical emergency ? Drug overdose ? Lovers spat ?

This reminds me of all the times I've heard the phrase, "Nobody believes it could ever happen to them".

Jashrema, do you know if LE has checked out the local RSO's?

Praying and hoping!

Yes because that is HUGE evidence and this is the only article I found stating this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne