Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Locals need to watch out for anyone missing work today, anyone with visible injuries, anyone acting odd. Are there migrant camps in the area? Anyone out today from ICE? Could she have had someone interested in her from the company? Has she been working this summer?

I just wanted to clarify I am also fairly local . I live just east of the area near the Toledo Express airport in Swanton and yes as I stated before in a previous reply a few pages back ,there are migrant workers and someone had commented on a post on one of the news channels articles about this that a relative of hers was approached by some migrant workers and they tried to grab her and she ran into the cornfield to hide. that's all the info I know about that. also in reference to someone saying maybe somebody got drunk after work and just happened to pass her I want to just share a personal experience I had in very close approximation to this quite some time ago now. I was out storm chasing and taking pictures of the sunset on one of those County Roads and a pickup truck full of very rowdy I want to say late teens maybe early 20 year old young men went past a couple times and threw corn cobs at me and one of them in the bed of it mooned me and yelled obscenities. I'm sure that probably has nothing to do with anything just thought I would mention it

Was that you ?? Sorry about that........we all had too much to drink that day........ kangaroochew.gif

UPDATE: Police are NO longer looking for white van w/ MI plates. Driver found NOT to be involved w/ Sierah's disappearance #BringSierahHome

[video=twitter;756123334463676416]https://twitter.com/mckenzie13abc/status/756123334463676416[/video]

:earsoff:
I'll post this downstairs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is like Rachel Cooke out jogging and disappearing.
Very concerning and I am praying fervently.

20 years old only.

Yes it does Starry Night. This case is reminiscent of many abduction cases prior; bicyclist Mickey Shunick <LA>, hiker Meredith Emerson <GA> etc., etc...
Rachel Cooke's parents were members of CUE(Communited United Effort) until Mr Cooke passed last year without receiving justice for his daughter. They taught classes at CUE Conferences sharing their experiences as the parents of a missing/murdered daughter. Mickey Shunick's sister Charlene founded a missing person advocate organization. Although primarily focusing on LA missing person cases, she posted the missing person flyer and info for Sierah Joughin on their facebook page a few minutes ago. I'm sure this case has to hit home for her and her family...

I think my post must have been deleted(my apologies for that), but hopefully the family and LE can follow up with some of the people that posted suspicious activity with women being followed on the Fulton County Community Watch pages.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I read that but it seems they have arrested the stalker in the Napoleon area that was approaching women.

I know why they have such an interest in the jogger that passed her. More than likely LE wants to know if the jogger observed her being tailed/stalked by a vehicle as she was pedaling home. This vehicle most likely would have been moving pretty slowly and following behind her at a speed equivalent to or slightly less than she was traveling.

After she turned north onto county road 6, the vehicle would have also turned north and then the driver would've made his move in an area that was obscured from view of the surrounding residents.

Still catching up, but as a jogger who sometimes jogs alone, this gave me chills. I once had a van double back and turn around after it had turned up a street and follow me. The terror I felt right then was awful. I ran as fast as I could and then realized that wouldn't do me any good, then I crossed the road and stumbled upon a family out for a walk and I stopped to be with them. The van passed slowly and then drove away quickly. Terrifying. I am picturing her realizing something was wrong and it makes me sick to my stomach.

The ones I notice usually have a "guest type" home on the farm where many migrants live; many of the farms also have mini cabins or bunkhouse type buildings on their farms for the hired help. Some may live other places that are not as obvious.

OK, I think I have it right now. She was still on Road7, had not quite gotten to Road 6 when they parted?

Report on missing woman is coming up after commercial break now, abc13. I have to get back outside to finally do some work around here. Will check back later.

They were coming straight down CR T...she would have then turned north onto CR 6

All my hope is going on for her. Hope and faith and God's Mercy. Please come home Sierah.

Thank goodness for Steelman's map so we can understand the logistics of her disappearance along with witness statements.
Praying for the cops too, to locate her.

Still catching up, but as a jogger who sometimes jogs alone, this gave me chills. I once had a van double back and turn around after it had turned up a street and follow me. The terror I felt right then was awful. I ran as fast as I could and then realized that wouldn't do me any good, then I crossed the road and stumbled upon a family out for a walk and I stopped to be with them. The van passed slowly and then drove away quickly. Terrifying. I am picturing her realizing something was wrong and it makes me sick to my stomach.

It is sickening. There is no other word for it. Your stomach hurts all the time

I just wanted to clarify I am also fairly local . I live just east of the area near the Toledo Express airport in Swanton and yes as I stated before in a previous reply a few pages back ,there are migrant workers and someone had commented on a post on one of the news channels articles about this that a relative of hers was approached by some migrant workers and they tried to grab her and she ran into the cornfield to hide. that's all the info I know about that. also in reference to someone saying maybe somebody got drunk after work and just happened to pass her I want to just share a personal experience I had in very close approximation to this quite some time ago now. I was out storm chasing and taking pictures of the sunset on one of those County Roads and a pickup truck full of very rowdy I want to say late teens maybe early 20 year old young men went past a couple times and threw corn cobs at me and one of them in the bed of it mooned me and yelled obscenities. I'm sure that probably has nothing to do with anything just thought I would mention it

These kinds of incidents are really scary, especially when alone.

The ones I notice usually have a "guest type" home on the farm where many migrants live; many of the farms also have mini cabins or bunkhouse type buildings on their farms for the hired help. Some may live other places that are not as obvious.

OK, I think I have it right now. She was still on Road7, had not quite gotten to Road 6 when they parted?

Report on missing woman is coming up after commercial break now, abc13. I have to get back outside to finally do some work around here. Will check back later.

The search radius is currently 4 miles, so a good starting point for a geographic comfort zone should lie there. Any farms harvesting right now within that radius?

Jashrema-do you know what area the general public is currently searching and how many volunteers?

Foxfire-I know you'll remember this. Kristy Cornwell was abducted off a very rural road in GA. Her brother obtained cell phone ping records from the towers in the area she was abducted from. He searched the area surrounding the abduction, based on the tower records.

I know the circumstances are different in this case. But I wondered if the area was so rural that the cell phone connections/pings to the tower would be limited, and thereby useful? Just a thought.

Does anyone know if there are train tracks near where the bike was found? This reminds me of Chelsea Bruck, and her body was found in a remote area with no access except by train tracks. I remember several suggestions that it may have been someone who worked for the railroad who would have access to a truck with wheels on it. And being that her phone pinged near the Michigan line, it really reminds me of all of the missing girls from Michigan.

This is prime Ohio horse country. I'm sure that a decent search party could be formed in a day if needed, although it sounds like she may no longer be in the area.

I think there are a lot more horses in Amish country part of Ohio than out there. That being said, I am sure there are plenty of horses. I believe that's how a missing little girl got found in rural Northeast Ohio.

The corn in Ohio is so dense. I was recently telling my brother that someone could get lost in a cornfield once they were 4 or 5 rows back. I am actually visiting my parents right now in NW Ohio and I'm 5'4 and this year, it's not above my chest yet.

I don't know if any of that helped.

Foxfire-I know you'll remember this. Kristy Cornwell was abducted off a very rural road in GA. Her brother obtained cell phone ping records from the towers in the area she was abducted from. He searched the area surrounding the abduction, based on the tower records.

I know the circumstances are different in this case. But I wondered if the area was so rural that the cell phone connections/pings to the tower would be limited, and thereby useful? Just a thought.

Yes Knox, I am very familiar with the Kristi Cornwell case. I took a road trip and drove right by where she was later found. She was found by her brother 16 months after she had disappeared in the exact spot of her last cell phone ping. Her abductor; a sexual predator, committed suicide without sharing info as to her remains location. She was a victim of a bump and grab while talking to her BF on her cell phone when abducted.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-remains-16-month-search.html#ixzz4F46agjSa
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Can you point out on Steelmans map where her bike was found? Sorry if you have already done this.

I think there are a lot more horses in Amish country part of Ohio than out there. That being said, I am sure there are plenty of horses. I believe that's how a missing little girl got found in rural Northeast Ohio.

The corn in Ohio is so dense. I was recently telling my brother that someone could get lost in a cornfield once they were 4 or 5 rows back. I am actually visiting my parents right now in NW Ohio and I'm 5'4 and this year, it's not above my chest yet.

There's a big show arena within half an hour (WB Ranch) plus lots of horse trails at Oak Openings Metropark where people travel hours to ride the trails. If they wanted individuals on horseback, they could put them together pretty quick. If I had a trailer, I'd make the drive with my boy. I'm about an hour from there. The corn is pretty thick, but you could get through it on horseback. It might damage it though. I don't know any other faster way to get through it though, other than just on foot, and that's a lot of area to cover.

It is mainly corn..soybeans...and wheat tho there are fruits and vegetables also. But those 3 are the top 3. Most of the corn planted is for animal feed and its left in the field till its dried. I'm unsure how many working farms out there actually plant sweet corn.

I would agree with you that the vast majority of corn farmers plant around here is feed corn, not sweet corn.

I'm in Central Ohio, I'm 5'6 and the corn is well above my head. It all depends on how early it was planted IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member