Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The search radius is currently 4 miles, so a good starting point for a geographic comfort zone should lie there. Any farms harvesting right now within that radius?

The corn is high, soybeans are also in but they only get to be about knee high. Wheat has been harvested already and is down. The corn won't be harvested until late fall..whenever it dries out..sometimes that's when the snow flies. Soybeans too. Searchers will have to walk the cornfields and soybean fields. ATV's and such would of course ruin their crops. It's a huge undertaking

Jashrema-do you know what area the general public is currently searching and how many volunteers?

The area is 4 square miles. From CR 4-8 going east and west and from Rt 20 to 120 going north and south. There are many, many volunteers and searchers.

Yah. It hasn't rained much in NW Ohio and all the corn is under my chin but there are so many factors.

I actually had this happen on a bike. I went around a corner and hid myself and my bike in the bushes. I had to crash into the bushes to do so fast. I always follow my gut.

Still catching up, but as a jogger who sometimes jogs alone, this gave me chills. I once had a van double back and turn around after it had turned up a street and follow me. The terror I felt right then was awful. I ran as fast as I could and then realized that wouldn't do me any good, then I crossed the road and stumbled upon a family out for a walk and I stopped to be with them. The van passed slowly and then drove away quickly. Terrifying. I am picturing her realizing something was wrong and it makes me sick to my stomach.

It is sickening. There is no other word for it. Your stomach hurts all the time

I am SO sorry for your family and hers. I am hoping that this/these cowards lose gumption and drop her off somewhere.

I actually had this happen on a bike. I went around a corner and hid myself and my bike in the bushes. I had to crash into the bushes to do so fast. I always follow my gut.

It was in a new neighborhood with a lot of empty, still being built homes. All I could think was OMG there are so many places they could take me. Thank goodness for that family being there! I had watched it go up the road, to a stop sign, and disappear around a house. I thought to myself "if that van turns around, I'm in trouble". Sure enough a second later there it was again. No more running alone at dusk for me.

I am very impressed with LE for calling in foot searchers from the public. Surely they have dogs out too?

Zha..that must've been terrifying! Like a living nightmare. So glad you are ok.

Seems as if just being a female is a hazardous existence. Makes me sick to think what danger we are in daily. But we have to make preparation a tool of defense or even, offense. Even then, there is no guarantee against being confronted by surprise, a wielded weapon, or sheer physical mass.

Many times I hear folks say, 'it has to be a local'... Rural areas are a prime targeted area for unsuspecting abduction victims due to a false sense of security, poor cell phone reception, and in most cases very long response times for law enforcement. About 3 months ago a sexual predator in MI was identified when he abducted a 16 year old girl while walking down a rural road. He had a minivan equipped with abduction/rape kit. Fortunately the victim escaped his wrath by jumping out of his moving vehicle. The serial predator/killer Jeffrey Willis, has been tied to multiple abductions and murders of other women including Jessica Heeringa who mysteriously disappeared in 2013..

Teen's daring escape may help solve 2 cold cases
http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...rey-willis-jessica-heeringa-bletsch/84678122/

Jeffrey Willis, 46, of Muskegon Township, a married factory worker with no criminal history who landed behind bars after allegedly kidnapping the 16-year-old girl last month while she was walking along a rural road in the North Muskegon area. (Photo: Muskegon County Jail)
Detectives scoured the area looking for clues that would help them find the minivan and driver. Their sleuthing led to Willis and officials say evidence from their investigation and searches of property has made him a suspect in two other unsolved crimes.

Last month, the 16-year-old victim, who has not been identified by the Free Press, was abducted while she was walking from a party. She jumped from the moving van and and ran bloody and barefoot yelling for help.

<snipped read more @ Links>

Websleuths - MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 - #9
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...pril-2013-9/page50&highlight=jessica+heeringa

Foxfire's post brilliantly illustrates how calculated a predator will act and plan. The worst kind of evil is one of the ones she described.

The corn is high, soybeans are also in but they only get to be about knee high. Wheat has been harvested already and is down. The corn won't be harvested until late fall..whenever it dries out..sometimes that's when the snow flies. Soybeans too. Searchers will have to walk the cornfields and soybean fields. ATV's and such would of course ruin their crops. It's a huge undertaking

Would drones be helpful and faster to look into the fields from above?

I am very impressed with LE for calling in foot searchers from the public. Surely they have dogs out too?

One specially trained dog was brought in yesterday. There was a picture posted a few pages back.

Yes, they have had dogs and copters out already, not sure if they are being used again today.

Would drones be helpful and faster to look into the fields from above?

One specially trained dog was brought in yesterday. There was a picture posted a few pages back.
Drones! That would be great!

Seems as if just being a female is a hazardous existence. Makes me sick to think what danger we are in daily. But we have to make preparation a tool of defense or even, offense. Even then, there is no guarantee against being confronted by surprise, a wielded weapon, or sheer physical mass.

It's true but it seems many women still have a "it won't happen to me attitude". I was the victim of a violent crime in my oh-so-safe neighborhood.Very publicized. I made it my mission to tell all the women in the area (many walkers, joggers, dog walkers, etc. big college area) that there was a violent rapist on the loose and quit going outside by themselves particularly with ear buds in!! Do you think any of that activity stopped? NO! There those young girls were, out every day...2 weeks after my attack, the same guy jumps out of some bushes at 6:30 in the morn and starts stabbing a random man that was in his driveway! They caught him, the man survived..but the reason I say this is because until it happens to you or someone you love, that little voice in your head still tells you it won't happen to you. You will be alright. It's okay....

Many times I hear folks say, 'it has to be a local'... Rural areas are a prime targeted area for unsuspecting abduction victims due to a false sense of security, poor cell phone reception, and in most cases very long response times for law enforcement. About 3 months ago a sexual predator in MI was identified when he abducted a 16 year old girl while walking down a rural road. He had a minivan equipped with abduction/rape kit. Fortunately the victim escaped his wrath by jumping out of his moving vehicle. The serial predator/killer Jeffrey Willis, has been tied to multiple abductions and murders of other women including Jessica Heeringa who mysteriously disappeared in 2013..

Teen's daring escape may help solve 2 cold cases
http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...rey-willis-jessica-heeringa-bletsch/84678122/

Jeffrey Willis, 46, of Muskegon Township, a married factory worker with no criminal history who landed behind bars after allegedly kidnapping the 16-year-old girl last month while she was walking along a rural road in the North Muskegon area. (Photo: Muskegon County Jail)
Detectives scoured the area looking for clues that would help them find the minivan and driver. Their sleuthing led to Willis and officials say evidence from their investigation and searches of property has made him a suspect in two other unsolved crimes.

Last month, the 16-year-old victim, who has not been identified by the Free Press, was abducted while she was walking from a party. She jumped from the moving van and and ran bloody and barefoot yelling for help.

<snipped read more @ Links>

Websleuths - MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 - #9
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...pril-2013-9/page50&highlight=jessica+heeringa

I agree. Local? Maybe no. Neighboring town? More likely. Somebody in a 30 mile radius. These are small towns and everybody knows everybody's business.

Any word if the jogger ever came forward? You'd have to have heard about it by now in a small town like that.

Can we find local reporters twitter accounts reporting on this search for Sierah? We need a person at ground zero reporting for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc