Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a violent storm they're worried about? Tornadoes, etc? We have storms like this roll through and they're done in 10 minutes, 30 tops. It's what, 5pm there? Lots of daylight left, I am bummed they won't start back up until morning. Maybe there are details they're keeping from us?

Agreed. I didn't mean it to sound like they weren't, I was just confused and honestly thought something had changed to make them back away from the initial belief Sierah was kidnapped.

I usually read more thoroughly before responding, I'm gonna blame the heat!

Actually, I think you're right on the mark. LE is bending over backwards to play this down from being a kidnapping or even a crime. At this point, their favorite word appears to be "suspicious". No s**#t Sherlock !

Miller said the matter is being treated as suspicious in nature, but not as a runaway or kidnapping.

http://www.maryvilledailyforum.com/news/article_d0745728-5d06-51b2-8443-9c5ce3709e40.html

It looks like the storm should be out of the area by 6:15. They would still have 3 hours of daylight to search once it's moved through IMO.

It always blows me away how as soon as a little rain storm blows in, all the searchers go running for cover as if they're all made of sugar and gonna melt.

I'm sure the victim would like to be in a warm, dry place herself.

These same people think nothing of standing in a driving rain storm in order to watch a rock concert or a football game.

Steelman, reading between the lines, time may no longer be that critical in the search, depending on conclusions made from the CSI results, forensics, and other information gathered during the investigation up to this point. The specialized K9 being brought in for today search was revealing, imo.

Is this a violent storm they're worried about? Tornadoes, etc? We have storms like this roll through and they're done in 10 minutes, 30 tops. It's what, 5pm there? Lots of daylight left, I am bummed they won't start back up until morning. Maybe there are details they're keeping from us?

I was listening to the scanner and there were numerous reports of trees and wires down.

It looks like the storm should be out of the area by 6:15. They would still have 3 hours of daylight to search once it's moved through IMO.

I'm sure it's going to be one of the local volunteer searchers that finds this girl, that's how it normally works out.

I have a feeling this will be just a random act of convenience--- not someone who stalked her or knew her. She just happened to be spotted along the pervert's route. The fact that both her phone and her Fitbit have been disabled is----- discouraging. She is simply adorable. My heart hurts for her and her family. I hope she is found soon.

Steelman, reading between the lines, time may no longer be that critical in the search, depending on conclusions made from the CSI results, forensics, and other information gathered during the investigation up to this point. The specialized K9 being brought in for today search was revealing, imo.

That seems like one hell of a leap from a "suspicious" disappearance to a recovery operation. Shouldn't there be some evidence and proof thrown in the middle of those two in order to justify that conclusion ?

What if she is hurt badly, but still alive, lying out in the middle of a field somewhere ? What classification does that fall under ?

Well that didn't last long. Getting sunny and the rain has stopped, but it was a huge downpour while it was here.

:*( oh no

It always blows me away how as soon as a little rain storm blows in, all the searchers go running for cover as if they're all made of sugar and gonna melt.

I'm sure the victim would like to be in a warm, dry place herself.

These same people think nothing of standing in a driving rain storm in order to watch a rock concert or a football game.

That's true Steelman! I think maybe LE doesn't want to be responsible for anyone if they get hit by lightening or something. It gets freakishly weird out there in Fulton County where they are at. A lot of flat land out there and a person standing in the middle of a field is a lightening rod. Once my sis was standing out in her driveway with her kids and a storm was blowing in but hadn't arrived yet. All of a sudden (we have this on video because they were taping themselves 4 wheeling) a tornado drops from the sky and touches down about 10 feet from my nephew and bounced right back up! Regardless...people would be out there if LE would let them be.
I have not heard of any car besides the white van that was cleared being involved in the case. I have a feeling it was some fool that parked to close to the ditch and fell in and they had to tow him out. LE still has Rt 6 B/T CR T and 120 blocked off.

Just an update on the search. The sheriff never said the search effort was called off. He just said he "suspended the volunteer search" until after the thunderstorm but "probably" until tomorrow depending on the storm severity. He never discussed the search effort of the large number of police and fire fighters at the scene.

[video=twitter;756225036394954753]https://twitter.com/sjacksonwtol/status/756225036394954753[/video]

Just an update on the search. The sheriff never said the search effort was called off. He just said he "suspended the volunteer search" until after the thunderstorm but "probably" until tomorrow depending on the storm severity. He never discussed the search effort of the large number of police and fire fighters at the scene.

[video=twitter;756225036394954753]https://twitter.com/sjacksonwtol/status/756225036394954753[/video]

Let me see if I can paraphrase the video it a little better: "We're done for the day"

Yep, here's the video. Clink on link to listen. Volunteers will be back in the morning.
Steven Jackson
‏@sjacksonwtol
[video=twitter;756225036394954753]https://twitter.com/sjacksonwtol/status/756225036394954753[/video] #BringSierahHome update

Bit of a rant here-I bet that if it were a relative of LE missing they would not halt the search. And I am totally pro-LE.

Citizens-please continue to search.

Desperate search underway for missing college student. Can you help #BringSierahHome? nbcnews.com/dateline/despe…

[video=twitter;756228763503960064]https://twitter.com/datelinenbc/status/756228763503960064[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3