GUILTY OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This case is physically close to my home and college. Tonight, I was in line at one of the establishments in my hometown. The couple in front of me both were wearing "Sierah Joughin Memorial Ride" shirts. They were long gone down the sidewalk once I'd realized what they were displaying.

But I feel it necessary to let it be known: Sierah's legacy lives on.

“I remember exactly what I said. I kissed her, I told her I loved her and to text me when she got home,” Josh Kolasinski, Joughin’s boyfriend, told ABC News.

After Joughin didn’t return home from the bike ride, her family alerted police. Later that evening, a sheriff’s deputy found her purple bicycle in a cornfield just a half mile away from the home.

Megan Roberts, a special agent with the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation, got a call around 1 a.m. in the morning asking her to assist in processing the crime scene.

Investigators combed the area and found more clues tucked into the cornfield — a screwdriver, men’s sunglasses, a sock, a set of fuse boxes, motorcycle tracks and evidence of a struggle indicated by broken cornstalks and cornstalks with streaks of blood on them.

“It made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. You just had this eerie feeling that you knew that this was an abduction site,” Roberts said.

“They said, ‘We’re not letting anybody down there,’” Joughin’s mom, Sheila Vaculik, told ABC News. “All’s they could say was that they were investigating.”

In 2018, Worley, 58 at the time, was found guilty of aggravated murder and the abduction of Joughin. It wasn’t the first time he had been convicted of similar crimes. He served time in prison for the 1990 abduction of Robin Gardner, who was able to escape her kidnapper, Toledo station WTOL reported.

A Fulton County judge sentenced him to death, setting his execution date for May 20, 2025, ABC 13 reported.

Since his incarceration, Joughin’s family filed a wrongful death lawsuit, which was settled in 2018 with the family receiving $3.6 million and 3.05 acres of Worley’s property, which was most important to them, NBC 24 reported.

The ownership meant they could tear the barn down.

"How would you like to drive by a barn, where you believe your daughter was killed, on a regular basis because you live in the area? You see that barn there all the time,” Jerome Phillips, the family’s attorney, told NBC 24. “The property is always going to be there, but to see that barn, that reminder from an emotional standpoint, was just devastating to the mother.”

I always think of this case this time of year. It really shook me.

I'm really surprised Worley never turned out to be a serial killer.
He is the #1 suspect in the disappearance of Claudia Tinsley , 24, from Toledo in 1996. The same year he got out of prison for kidnapping Robin Gardner
He was the last one seen with her, and they even stopped at her mother's house where Claudia told her mother to write down his license plate # because she had an off feeling, the mother had stated she also had a bad feeling about him.
Cops say he denied it of course, and some people say the ball was kind of dropped because Tinsley was a prostitute. They searched his car, but found nothing.
Police did not execute a search warrant on his residence until 4 years later, and nothing was found.
Personally, of course he murdered her, and I truly believe there are MANY women that never made it home and it is because of James Worley.
I think he has had a very long, prolific, time as the killer of women. It is my opinion that he certainly wasn't dormant for 30 years, he can't control himself, and he did spend many years as a truck driver (the perfect career for serial killers imo)

He is the #1 suspect in the disappearance of Claudia Tinsley , 24, from Toledo in 1996. The same year he got out of prison for kidnapping Robin Gardner
He was the last one seen with her, and they even stopped at her mother's house where Claudia told her mother to write down his license plate # because she had an off feeling, the mother had stated she also had a bad feeling about him.
Cops say he denied it of course, and some people say the ball was kind of dropped because Tinsley was a prostitute. They searched his car, but found nothing.
Police did not execute a search warrant on his residence until 4 years later, and nothing was found.
Personally, of course he murdered her, and I truly believe there are MANY women that never made it home and it is because of James Worley.
I think he has had a very long, prolific, time as the killer of women. It is my opinion that he certainly wasn't dormant for 30 years, he can't control himself, and he did spend many years as a truck driver (the perfect career for serial killers imo)
I think so, too. It would be almost impossible for your scenario to not be true!

I hope you are all doing well. Think of you often.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back