GUILTY OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The only issue with someone like this defendant is I honestly do not believe he has any empathy at all for others and so even though he will hear these painful stories for him he still will not grasp the level of pain he has inflicted on others.

But at least he is forced to have to sit through this. Puts him out of control.

I really like this judge in this case. I get a sense he is a hard nosed no nonsense judge. Would never want to be a defendant in his court. You may as well just plead guilty and hand the judge the keys to your cell.

BBM:
And such a factor as lack of empathy relates to his personality disorders and especially to his narcissistic disorder. Thankfully those mental conditions do not override the aggravating factors of his offenses and he is still held accountable for his actions under the law. At every level he was met with decisions that he was unwilling to be accountable for. He is still doing it and with forthright decision making, mental functioning and Personal judgement . Belligerent, IMO.
This will be his last chance to plead any kind of mercy and will be used against him in any further appeals.

JMO

Spelz :heartbeat:

I want to thank you specifically, on behalf of all of us and as well as those others who have provided updates in this case. The links and attentiveness to the details of the case, especially the videos of today's proceedings have been most helpful.

I just want you to know that your efforts are appreciated! :loveyou:

Well..I thought the trial was horrendous. Today was beyond that. My family and Sierah's family all got up en masse and left the courtroom after he started talking about why she wasn't raped and how much love he had for Ce's family...He gave a confession today..he cannot help himself..he had to keep talking and he had to let everyone know how smart and clever he was. We gave him no audience. A few minutes after we left, all the jurors walked out, after them, many more people. He still vomited his filth for practically an hour. Despicable.

I am so sorry Jashrema. I think many of us here were actually giving a collective sigh of relief that you all walked out and did not have to continue to listen to him ramble somewhat incoherently. I still do not understand why he was allowed to go on like that, nor why he could look directly at all of you instead of at the judge.

:sorry:

From this article:

Just before he was sentenced, Worley spent 45 minutes explaining why he couldn’t have been the killer and said prosecutors ignored evidence that could have cleared him.

He told prosecutors they should look for another man who was seen in the area the night Joughin disappeared. He also claimed that someone placed his motorcycle helmet at the spot where investigators believe Joughin was abducted.

“Before you judge me harshly think about some of these things,” he said. “There will be an appeal process. I just have to pray that I will be vindicated.”

Worley began by turning toward where Joughin’s family and others were seated in the courtroom and said he was heartbroken for them.

“Her loss is a substantial blow to everyone,” he said.

Joughin’s family walked out of the courtroom midway through Worley’s statement, shortly after he called her “a beautiful girl.”

He continued on, saying: “The family isn’t taking this well. I can understand.”

🤯

https://apnews.com/e170094a281e4d6abfe15377bfa6ac9b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t make it 2 minutes through his schpiel before I wanted to vomit. I can’t imagine being there or being her family.

The world will be a better place when this psychopath is dead. May that time come sooner rather than later. I will continue to lift Sierah and all who love her in prayer. Hers is an extraordinary family, and her community, amazing. Love, peace and light to all. Websleuthsers, you’re very special bunch. Giant hearts, bright minds, and such huge compassion for victims. Fight on.

He provided details about what really happened. I'm very interested in his remark that started with "The FIRST grave"...if there was a first, that means there was a second, third, etc.
It wasn't just us that walked out. All the jurors were in the gallery. They walked out too. Other spectators walked out also.

FINAL SENTENCING:Judge sentences James Worley to death forthe murder and kidnappingof Sierah Joughin

[video=youtube;BkbcpWf_w1s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkbcpWf_w1s[/video]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He provided details about what really happened. I'm very interested in his remark that started with "The FIRST grave"...if there was a first, that means there was a second, third, etc.
It wasn't just us that walked out. All the jurors were in the gallery. They walked out too. Other spectators walked out also.

Interesting. I wish there was a transcript I could read to dissect his words. He was hard to listen to so I zoned out quite a bit.

Everybody walked out after he said, "and she wasn't raped. Why wasn't she raped? She was a beautiful girl."

Everybody walked out after he said, "and she wasn't raped. Why wasn't she raped? She was a beautiful girl."

You can’t see my face but it’s angry. That was a moment I was zoned out. Glad I didn’t hear that part and so sorry for you all who had to hear it in person.

Was his sister in the courtroom today? Does anyone know the age difference between his sister and him? Just wondering how long she lived in the area etc... Could she know more about other crimes?

Watched his statement again. Some things that stood out:

Almost sounds like a confession (talks about spraying down his barn, talks about how dna is lost when spraying down or burying a body, makes comment about how many days she was with the abductor, where she actually died)

Determined to defend not only against murder, but any negative thing against him (re-litigating the 1990’s case, low intelligence? “114 iq”, poor family life? “Family is great”, failed businesses? “Businesses were a success”

Sounded like he tried to blame his friend for stealing his helmet. (Made a very odd comment about how “conveniently” the helmet his friend gave him was the same one he lost the previous year.)

He reminds me of two people in my life: one is a very good friend, but a bit of a b.s.-er....just talks nonstop, much like Worley. Not intelligent, but never unable to ramble on. The other person is someone I never could trust. Always trying to tie commonalities with others about things he’s screwed up.

I don’t think he’s a serial killer anymore. Aren’t they proud of what they’ve done? He’s still denying it even after he’s been recommended the death sentence. On the other hand, he also made a comment that if “helmet print man”’s dna is ever found, he is certain there will be many more victims to appear, so I dunno?

The man talked for 45 minutes. 45 MINUTES. I once had to give a 15 Minute speech for a grad school course and thought I was going to puke.

Similarities between the two known abductions (if I was guilty would I stay at the crime scene? If I was guilty, would I leave my possessions at the crime scene?)

“Turd in the Field” reminds me of The Rolling Stones song “Turd on the Run”. Also applicable to him.

Still can’t figure out...WHY *didn’t* they test the feces?

I do hope they can take his words and see if he said any clues that would incriminate him more so during the appeal process is limited.

I just got back to the thread. Thanks for the updates.

This makes me want to vomit. I hope there’s a court transcript of his rambling so it can be dissected and used against him if he appeals.

The only saving grace in this is that his "dialogue" is all on the record

As he is facing the DP he will be entitled to many appeals( poster- seeking the truth) He is the type who will exhaust them all IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
there always an answer
Back